When its time to party we will party hard (open)[ooc]

I'm still a firm believer that "one character/per thread/per player" should be adhered to. It may not be a written rule anywhere, but I would have thought it went without saying. If a player were to stat up an NPC that always hangs out with their character, they'd be told 'no' -you either buy a Minion/Sidekick, or play with other players -you do not play with yourself.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is improper for this conversation to be taking place in this thread, which is ostensibly devoted to out-of-character chatter for the thread oriented around 'durf's character that I am Refing for him. If you would like to discuss the rules systems/house rules, Fell, by all means, bop into Campaign Discussion or PM a Mod.

Right now, it's 'durf's turn to decide what his character does. How will you deal with this villainous interloper to your gathering of heroes? I have a few suggestions myself.

Just so everyone's clear on Pyramid Plaza geography: The Plaza Hotel (one of the swankiest places in town) takes up floors 6-22 of Tower 1. You take an elevator up past 5 floors of lobbies and retail stores before you get to it.

I'm operating under the assumption that one must enter the Plaza before entering the Hotel. Probably they have set aside a specific entrance and dedicated an elevator to the one party. Schlebs and media without proper passes outside, and only guests, staff, and approved shameless dirt-diggers will see the second lobby.

Given that the Hotel consists of floors 6-22 of one building in the Plaza, technically, yes, you have to enter the Plaza before entering the hotel.

An excerpt from Freedom City Atlas #1:

The core of each tower consists of three banks of elevators, each consisting of four local cars, serving between 5 and 8 floors, and an express elevator serving the lobby and each of the three sky lobbies.

For instance, to go from hotel room #1019 to apartment #11 on floor 76 of 1 Pyramid Plaza to take advantage of the nearly 270 degree views of the 4th of July fireworks over Riverside Park, you’d take any of the elevators in the western bank down to the Main Lobby. From there, you’d take any of the three express elevators to the 3rd sky lobby (floor 67), and take any of the four local cars in the eastern bank.

The core also includes three stairways serving all floors and mechanical levels and a mens’ restroom, a women’s restroom, and a service room for building maintenance on each floor.

Around the core stands a ring of twelve columns, each 4 feet in diameter and roughly 30 feet away from each other (center to center) that serve as the main structural support of each floorplate. Three triangular columns support the areas of the floorplates outside this ring, one for each point of the triangle, that spiral upward at the same rate (3.75% per floorplate) as the building overall. All of this is encased in a curtain wall of triangular steel tubes spaced 15 feet apart along each face.

Well everyone at the party is a bit odd. You presented the invite so the assumption would be that you were a hero. Though if you kept a low profile on the way in they may not have put together who you are since your not in costume. Really up to you how the press would react to you though.

If Jack can see Spartan, he can see Pompadour... although it does not necessarily follow that Pompadour would see Jack. I'm inclined to think that Pompadour would recognize Jack if he were close enough to make eye contact -not as Avenger, but 'as that guy from the club.' Meanwhile, Pompadour's domino mask is only millimeters wide, and not designed to disguise.

It's NOT publicly known that Daedalus is an immortal/is the Daedalus; many believe that the Daedalus adventuring now with the Freedom League is the son of the one who adventured in the 60s and early 70s (and was in space for most of the 70s and 80s), and he does nothing to discount these rumors.

It's NOT publicly known that Daedalus is an immortal/is the Daedalus; many believe that the Daedalus adventuring now with the Freedom League is the son of the one who adventured in the 60s and early 70s (and was in space for most of the 70s and 80s), and he does nothing to discount these rumors.

Yes. This is made more clear in the 1st edition books, where his alias is listed as "Daniel Dædalus."

Anyone who ran with Dædalus in either incarnation of the Freedom League *cough* could probably be assumed to know The Truth, as could any long-lived or time-displaced people who may have encountered him in The Before Time / The Long-Long Ago. At the discretion of the Staff, of course. It seems perfectly reasonable that The Spartan might know who Dædalus is, being a fellow Greek immortal. Pompadour, not so much.

Pompadour has a host of different ethnicities in his background. Not sure if it's here or over on ATT, but I've mentioned that Pompadour's grandfather is Greek, and claimed that Daedalus was the figure out of Greek Mythos. That isn't to say that Pompadour isn't just humouring Grandpa... and quite possibly the Spartan too. Pompadour is so blase about the Spartan's claim of immortality, not so much because he believes it, but is suspending disbelief -it's a super hero party after all.