Extra: Affects Objects

N/A

Last I checked, the current ruling for this game is that characters who lack a Constitution score and have Immunity to Fortitude effects automatically fail the saving throw against a Fortitude effect with the "Affects Objects" extra from Ultimate Power.

Steve Kenson has suggested letting Constructs purchase a separate Immunity that would cover these effects.

I have suggested that, since one can purchase a Flawed Immunity that converts Lethal Damage to Nonlethal Damage, a Construct should be able to purchase a Limited version of "Immunity: Affects Objects Fortitude Saves" that converts the save from a Fortitude save to a Toughness save.

Can we get an official ruling on this? And how much such an Immunity would cost?

I remember it being said that, since these effects come up less often than standard Fortitude effects, the Immunity should cost less than the 30-point Fortitude Immunity.

I'd suggest it be a 10-point Immunity, with the Flawed version coming in at 5 points. I don't see an Affects Objects Disintegrate or Transform coming up any more or less often than an effect with a relatively common (for a superhero game) descriptor like "Fire" or "Lightning."

I've also seen it suggested that the Construct get a Reflex save instead of what would normally be the Fort save. (Thus, if Reaver attacked Avenger with his Corrosion, Avenger'd make a Ref save vs. the Drain Toughness part, then a Toughness save vs. the Damage).

I've also seen it suggested that the Construct get a Reflex save instead of what would normally be the Fort save. (Thus, if Reaver attacked Avenger with his Corrosion, Avenger'd make a Ref save vs. the Drain Toughness part, then a Toughness save vs. the Damage).

My preference would be to give the player the option of choosing either Toughness or Reflex for the alternative save.

Why limit them to one?

... because most powers only have one save?

I really dont get Reflex. It was based on your immune system, now it's based on your ability to jump out of the way? Does not compute. Toughness makes more sense.

I don't think a "Disintegration Ray" used on a living person is going to be targeting/resisted by their immune system.