Party Down

Ace Danger returns to Freedom and the family legacy of heroing. To celebrate his return he is holding a party for and in celebration of the city's many Heroes.

Of course this is precisely the kind of event that gate crashers and nefarious nogoodniks would like to interupt :)

Invatations vary from Hero to Hero. Heroes without secret IDs will recieve invatations by normal means (mail or courier) Those with secret Identities will generally be found while on patrol or after stopping some crime. If your interested we can work out the specifics.

Sound off if interested. I'm gonna be out of town for a few day but will get back to answer questions on monday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well invites would be primarily to active Heroes or retirees. Now Clairemont is a special case though, It's likely that a couple of the teachers would get invites and they could have a student guest. It would be a good learning experience to meet active heroes after all.

I don't think that there should really be an upper limit of attendants. That's sort of the point: Ace Danger wants ALL the heroes to come out and play. If things get too crazy, the thread could probably be split into two locations eg. Danger Mansion Ballroom, Danger Mansion Banquet Hall.

...the downside of that, is that if all the heroes are gettin' tipsy and carousing in one spot, crime gets a free pass somewhere else. And anyone with a bomb can make a play for a large percentage of the cities heroes.

I'm interested, but confused as to the specifics.

How exactly does this work for heroes with secret identities? Are they invited in costume, and then expected to show up in costume? Are they expected to show up in their civilian IDs? If so, how do they get in without revealing their IDs to Ace?

I don't think that there should really be an upper limit of attendants. That's sort of the point: Ace Danger wants ALL the heroes to come out and play.

I agree. This is one of the few thread ideas where I could see it working out quite well with x2-3 the usual participants.

Avenger is planning to show up as Jack and continually evade any security who notice him. :D

As much as that mental image amuses me, I have to ask, how exactly would Jack Faretti, rake-about-town and closet vampire, obtain an invitation to a "Hero Party?"

I'm interested, but confused as to the specifics.

How exactly does this work for heroes with secret identities? Are they invited in costume, and then expected to show up in costume? Are they expected to show up in their civilian IDs? If so, how do they get in without revealing their IDs to Ace?

As Doc said invites are to the heroes not the secret IDs, and the heroes are who are expected to show up. Ace isn't chasing down seceret ID's. I have various ideas for how he gets in touch with the assorted heroes and plan on tailoring the invite to each character to a degree. Those with seceret ID's will be approched in costume or via 'known contacts'.

As for numbers interest is high enough I'm don't feel the need to cap it. It'll be a mostly RP and social event anyway. mostly :)