"Uhm, I don't have those sort of powers," Alex confessed with a worried fown as she held still for the measurements. She scampered off to the side as soon as possible and retrieved her backpack as she watched the others get measured for their uniforms.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike only shrugged and mumbled a grudging "I suppose." in response to Erin before they shuffled off down the hall for Photos and fittings.

Mike quickly brushed his hair back from his face with his hand before the picture and managed a small smile on his otherwise disinterested face but it certainly captured his good side despite his lackluster attitude. After Alex fled the tailors stand mike stepped up and grudgingly stood to his full height and posed as prompted. He sighed heavily with each measurement, though the tape measure revealed a more impressive physique than his baggy cloths and withdrawn posture would indicate. Once finished he pulled his coat back on and slumped against the wall scowling through his bangs at the whole procedure. 'Uniforms, Seriously?' He thought 'Well at least I'll have something if Alex wants to go trick or treating again this year'

"That's probably lucky," Erin replied to Alex as she stepped up for her own fitting, "if you don't ruin your own clothes, maybe you won't need to wear the uniform as often." She endured her own fitting stoically, then managed a nice smile for the camera. She jotted a few notes on her orientation packet as she went, noting down windows and exits in the buildings they explored, just to be on the safe side.

Everyone wound up with a pretty decent picture on their student ID, the three kids generally all looking hopeful about the bright future that studying at Claremont promised them. Eventually Alex's mom finished up with her forms and came out to give her daughter a big hug. "Okay, kiddo, it looks like I've got everything taken care of here. Are you going to be okay here tonight?" she asked, giving a worried look down at her little baby girl. "You can call me anytime if you decide you want to come home. I love you, honeylamb."

Alex threw herself into her mother's arms, giving her a huge hug and a beaming reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, Mom. Honest. You're only a thought away after all. I promise to call lots and send pictures. Don't worry. This will be a good place for us. I can tell."

She gave her mom a kiss on the cheek before she stepped back and clutched her bag, managing to look both misty-eyed and happy at the same time, "'Sides, I already have friends!"

Erin was clearly included in the sweeping gesture of 'friends' as Alex scampered back to take her place with the group.

Mike let out the rare genuine smile Alex's nickname but wiped it off his face before she turned back around to rejoin the group. "So long Mrs. Albright," He said with a wave, "Tell my mom I'll be fine and not everything is processed in the cafeteria." He added with a quick grin.

As Alex's mom headed off he turned and looked at his companions "So we seem to have some time what next?" he Inquired as they started off back in the general direction of the dormatories.

Erin shrugged. "I was thinking about taking a walk around the grounds, but not really anything special," she told them. "I know you guys both have some unpacking to do. Maybe we could meet up later and find the cafeteria? I don't know when they've got us scheduled to get tested or classified or whatever, but I bet they have some way to find us. The campus isn't that big."

After a few more tearful goodbyes, hugs all around, and a group picture, Alex's mom finally left her there with her friends. It was a bright, warm summer's day outside, the sort that promised a legion of possibilities for the assembled students. They were all officially enrolled now, even if their full-fledged IDs and uniforms would be a little longer in the making. The day was young yet, with many further opportunities for adventure.