Power Gauging -- Dr. Archeville (OOC)

MBCE

• 2 weeks later...

STAGE ONE

This test will test the doctor's enhanced mind. Use your straight ability score to pass the DCs listed. You get three attempts to beat the DCs. Extra effort can be used at any time to improve your ability but the fatigue remains. An Hp can be used at any time as well, but once an Hp is used, it is no longer avaiable for the thread.

Part 1 -- Enhanced Charisma DC 15

Part 2 -- Enhanced Wisdom DC 20

Part 3 -- Enhanced Intelligence DC 25

Part 4 -- Your Choice DC 30

Part 1 -- with Enhanced Cha active, he can Take 10 and beat the DC 15.

Part 2 -- with Enhanced Wis active, he can Take 10 and beat the DC 20.

Part 3 -- can't Take 10 on these. Well, I could, but I'd fail....

Two Natural 20s!!! (30, 30, 12)

Part 4 -- I'll go with Int again.

3 failures (15, 22, 22)

Extra Effort to boost Enhanced Int by 2 (to 32/+11), and HP to re-roll

Argh, fail again (28)

Now to figure out what to write IC.

STAGE TWO

This stage will test the Doctor's amazing powers to create items. Below are the construction checks that he needs to pass. He gets three attempts to make the DCs. Extra effort and Hps can be used as usual. You may use any of your craft skills in any order, but can only use one craft twice. Good luck.

Part 1 -- Craft DC 30

Part 2 -- Craft DC 35

Part 3 -- Craft DC 40

Part 4 -- Craft DC 45

Are these being done as if Jury-Rigging an Invention, and the things he makes can have a PP cost of (DC - 15)?

And if it is being done as Jury-Rigging, that means he cannot Take 10 or Take 20. Is this so?

Also, I believe my Second Chance [Craft/Chemical] means I get six chances, rather than three, to make checks with that skill. :)

Are these being done as if Jury-Rigging an Invention, and the things he makes can have a PP cost of (DC - 15)?

And if it is being done as Jury-Rigging, that means he cannot Take 10 or Take 20. Is this so?

Also, I believe my Second Chance [Craft/Chemical] means I get six chances, rather than three, to make checks with that skill. :)

First off the second chance. We'll let you roll once extra. Getting three rolls would be too much. This is a test of his abilities afterall. So with the Chemical, he gets 4 chances to make the roll.

Taking ten is fine as well as using your addition Luck feat's HPs to pass the rolls.

As for the test, it is done under the normal construction rules [DC10 +pp] not jury rig. Remember, these are albright items that you'll be writing up, not Doc's items. So you can expect them to pop up again at some other date. Hope that helps.

Remember, these are albright items that you'll be writing up, not Doc's items. So you can expect them to pop up again at some other date. Hope that helps.

I was going to suggest that exactly this happen, that the things Doc makes falls into some disgruntled Albright scientist's hands and they have a short rampage as a new supervillain ;)

I was going to suggest that exactly this happen, that the things Doc makes falls into some disgruntled Albright scientist's hands and they have a short rampage as a new supervillain ;)

It's one of the possible story concepts that I have in mine. So work away! :D

Okay, let's get the rolls out of the way

Part 1 -- Craft/Mechanical, DC 30

With either his Enhanced Intelligence or his Electromagnetic Screwdriver helping him, he can pass by Taking 10.

Part 2 -- Craft/Electronic, DC 35

With both his Enhanced Intelligence and his Electromagnetic Screwdriver helping him, he can pass by Taking 10.

Part 3 -- Craft/Chemical, DC 40

34, 44, 48, 34 -- got it on the second try.

Part 4 -- Craft/Chemical, DC 45

31, 37, 35, 46 -- just managed to get it on the final roll

Part 1 -- The basic armored suit itself -- Craft/Mechanical, DC 30 (20pp)

Device 5 (25 points, Hard to Lose) [20pp]

Immunity 3 (cold, critical hits, radiation; Flaw: Limited to half effect for cold and radiation) [3pp]

Protection 7 (Extra: Impervious 12) [19pp]

Strike 2 (PF: Mighty) [3pp]

Part 2 -- Sensors -- Craft/Electronic, DC 35 (25pp)

Device 6 (30 points, Hard to Lose) [24pp]

Enhanced Attack 6 (targeting arrays) [12pp]

Enhanced Defense 4 (warning systems) [8pp]

Enhanced Feats 2 (Dodge Focus 2) [2pp]

Super-Senses 8 (danger sense [visual], direction sense, distance sense, infravision, radio, time sense, ultravision, uncanny dodge [visual]) [8pp]

Part 3 -- Drug Injection System #1 -- Craft/Chemical, DC 40 (30pp)

Device 7 (35 points, Hard to Lose) [28pp]

Boost 10 (all physical ability scores [str, Dex, Con]; Extras: Total Fade; Flaws: Personal; PF: 1 Alternate Power) [31pp]

AP: Healing 10 (Extras: Action/Standard, Total; Flaws: Personal)

Enhanced Feats 4 (Rage 4 [+10 Str, +5 Fort and Will save, 5 rounds]) [4pp]

Part 4 -- Chemical Injection System #2 -- Craft/Chemical, DC 45 (35pp)

Device 8 (40 points, Hard to Lose) [32pp]

Immunity 14 (cold, disease, fatigue effects, heat, need for sleep, poison, radiation, starvation and thirst, suffocation effects; Flaw: Limited to half effect) [7pp]

Leaping 2 (x5) [2pp]

Plasmid Powers 12 (24pp powers; PFs: 6 Alternate Powers; Drawback: Action 2/Standard Action to switch powers) [28pp]

BE: Blast 12 (electricity)

AP: Blast 8 (cold; Extra: Alt Save/Fortitude)

AP: Blast 8 (fire; Extra: Explosion)

AP: Emotion Control 12 (biochemical emotional manipulation; Extra: Alt Save/Fortitude; Flaws: Range/Ranged)

AP: Strike 8 (sonic shout; Extra: Cone Area, Linked Dazzle 8 [auditory; Extra: Cone Area; Flaw: Range/Touch])

AP: Strike 5 (insect swarm; Extras: 25-ft. Burst Area, Selective Attack) plus Linked Environmental Control 3 (distraction [DC 10] and visibility, 25-ft. radius; Extra: Selective Attack; Flaw: Range/Touch)

AP: Telekinesis 7 (Str 35; Extra: Range/Perception; PF: Subtle)

Speed 1 (10 mph) [1pp]

Super-Movement 1 (slow fall) [2pp]

And take it all together, you get this.

Which can turn a PL 0 Scientist (well, a Scientist with 0 Atack/Damage/Defense/Toughness) into a PL 9 (-3 Attack/Defense, +3 Damage/Toughness) threat!

Str 10/+0 normal, 20/+5 w/ Boost, 30/+10 w/ Boost & Rage.

Dex 10/+0 normal, 20/+5 w/ Boost.

Con 10/+0 normal, 20/+5 w/ Boost.

Toughness +7 (Imp 7) normal, +12 (Imp 12) w/ Boost

Fort +0 normal, +5 w/ Boost, +10 w/ Rage

Reflex (and Initiative) +0 normal, +5 w/ Boost

Yes, it's Bane meets the Splicers from BioShock :twisted:

STAGE THREE

This stage will test the abilities of your Belt. Different aspects of the belt are tested here. Roll the appropriate power vs the DCs. You have three attempts to succeed. [Flight, Force Field, Immovability, Teleport] used in any order you wish.

Part 1 -- DC 10

Part 2 -- DC 15

Part 3 -- DC 20

Part 4 -- DC 25

I'm not sure that works, since about the only time a power check would be needed for those powers is if they were being Nullified or countered. (And Force Field directly adds to Toughness, and Toughness/saves is usually its own part of these Tests.)

But I'll roll with it. ;)

Part 1 -- DC 10 (Flight 5)

18, 18, 8 -- got it on the first try.

Part 2 -- DC 15 (Teleport 6)

14, 21, 25 -- missed the first time, got it on the second.

Part 3 -- DC 20 (Force Field 10)

13, 15, 21 -- failed the first two, just made it on the third.

Part 4 -- DC 25 (Immovability 12)

20, 21, 17 -- failures all

I've used 1 HP, still have 2 left. I'll use one to re-roll.

Natural 20, for a 32!