Trade-Offs: +2 Attack for -2 Damage, +2 Defense for -2 Toughness

Unspent PP:

Characters Name: Melinda Elizabeth Ailey

Alternate Identity: "M", "Miss Melinda,"

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Description: Tall in her own era, Melinda is of average height and build today. But there is nothing average about her impossibly gorgeous face, cascading black hair, beautiful eyes, or long, wicked fangs. (She keeps those reserved for special occasions, however.) She prefers old-fashioned, Victorian-style dresses, but has had them all specially modified to allow ease of movement in for combat and pleasure both.

History: Most of Melinda's history can be found in the Green Ronin PDF _Iron Age Vigilantes and Villans_ and in the "Thoughts on Vampire Culture" thread right here in our Campaign Discussion forum. Melinda has learned much in the nearly two decades since the destruction of her hated child Nightrage; she's a better fighter, a better leader, and a true queen of the city's damned. But like so many vampires, ultimately she is still the young woman who learned so painfully that love is unable to master the horrors of the world. Only lust matters, and will, and power. Those are the things Melinda cares about. She will allow no one, and nothing else, to stand in her way.

Personality & Motivation: Melinda is a spoiled temptress turned queen, a monster in the guise of an incredibly beautiful woman. She cares about maintaining her power and satisfying her lusts, however the twains shall meet. She acts as a mysterious patron and businesswoman in Freedom City's highest and lowest corridors; answering to no one save herself and the demands of vampire society. Many people know her face. Only a very, very few mortals know what she is.

Powers & Tactics: Melinda prefers to avoid fighting superhumans; that's what minions are for. But she's no coward, and will fight to the death if cornered in her lair or if it looks like all might be lost. Melinda's primary source of power comes from her social connections and networking, but she's no shabby fighter herself. She prefers to use her looks and stealth in a fight, sucker-punching men and backstabbing women, showing no mercy. If she thinks she can seduce or toy with an opponent in a fight, she'll try and knock them out. If they fail to amuse her, though, she will simply rip their heads off and lick up their sweet, sweet blood. She's done it many, many times before.

Stats: 28pp

Str: 22 (+6)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: - (-)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: 48pp

Attack: +10 (+14 unarmed)

Grapple: +20

Defense: +15 (+ 7 flat-footed)

Knockback: -7/-0

Initiative: +4

Saves: 10pp

Toughness: +7/+3 vs. holy/blessed/magic w/specially made dress(+0 Con, +7 Protection)

Fortitude: Immune

Reflex: +9 (+4 Dex, +5)

Will: +8 (+3 Wis, +5)

Skills: 56r = 16pp

Bluff 8 (+13/+17),

Diplomacy 12 (+17/+21),

Gather Information 4 (+9),

Intimidate 8 (+13),

Knowledge (arcane lore) 2 (+3),

Knowledge (streetwise) 8 (+9)

Knowledge (history) 4 (+5),

Notice 8 (+11),

Search 4 (+5),

Sense Motive 6 (+9),

Stealth 8 (+12)

Feats: 22pp

Attack Specialization (unarmed) 2

Attractive

Benefit 3 (Status, Wealth x2)

Connected

Dodge Focus

Equipment (5)

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improved Pin

Leadership

Power Attack

Skill Mastery (Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge: Streetwise, Notice)

Sneak Attack

Startle

Melinda's Lair/s:

Stately Manor in the West End [20 ep]

(Size: Large; Toughness: 15; Features: Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, 'Infirmary', Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Pool, Power System, Security System, Workshop)

AP: Apartment Building in the Theatre District

AP: Underground Lair in Riverside

(Size: Diminutive; Toughness: 15; Features: Concealed x3, Defense System (Suffocate 12), Hangar, Library, Living Space, Security System (DC 25))

Specially-Made Dress (Fascinate: Bluff, Protection 3, Subtle) [5 ep]

Powers: 99pp

Animal Control 8 (Extras: Area [burst]; Flaws: Limited to bats, rats, and wolves) [16 pp]

Drain Constitution 8 (blood drain; Flaw: Requires Grapple; PF: Slow Fade) [5 pp]

Flight 1 (10 mph) [2 pp]

Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects) [30 pp]

Insubstantial 2 (mist form), [10 pp]

Mind Control 12 (Extras: Conscious; Flaw: Sense-Dependent: Visual; Limited to targets she's bitten) [12 pp]

Protection 7 (Extras: Impervious; Flaws: Limited against blessed, silver, or magical weapons) [7 pp]

Regeneration 18 (+9 recovery bonus, Resurrection 1/hour [not when staked or beheaded]; Flaws: Source [blood]) [9 pp]

Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2 pp]

Super-Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2 pp]

Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load: 2,160 lbs.) [4 pp]

Drawbacks: [12 pp]

Power Loss: CON Drain vs. targets with Impervious TOU, uncommon, minor, [1 pp]

Weakness (dependence on blood, common, minor) [2 pp]

[must drink 1 Con of blood every five nights or suffer -1 drain to all ability scores; cumulative, can kill]

Weakness (holy symbols, dazed for one round by losing an opposed Charisma check, common, moderate) [3 pp]

Weakness (sunlight, minor, per round, destroyed after 5 minutes) [6 pp]

DC Block:

ATTACKS -- SAVE DC -- DAMAGE TYPE

Unarmed -- 21 -- Bruised/Injured

Unarmed (Sneak Attack) -- 23 -- Bruised/Injured

Animal Control -- 18/Will -- Controlled

Drain Con -- 18/Fort -- Constitution drained

Mind Control -- 22/Will -- Controlled

Total: Abilities (28) + Skills (16) + Feats (22) + Powers (99)+ Combat (48) + Saves (10) – Drawbacks (-12) = 210

• 2 weeks later...

Revising my earlier plans:

Could I get this character approved? This is my main PC's primary antagonist, and it really hurts the drama of Avenger's story arc to have her two PLs lower than me rather than on an equal footing with more XP. (After all, she was Nightrage's primary antagonist back in the Iron Age and had a full PL on him.) Avenger's "final battle" with Melinda really loses something if he can beat her so easily.

I understand that I've already got two NPCs submitted this month, and I understand that I can't receive PP credit for all of them.

• 1 month later...

Her Tougnhess is off: Limited Protection isn't halved against the listed attack form, it's gone. Her Tougnhess should be +7 (Imp 7); +0 vs. blessed, magic or silver, and Knockback would be -7, -0 vs. blessed/magic/silver.

Unless, like Avenger, the Flaw only applies to the Impervious part, not the whole Protection. In that case, it'd be +7 (Imp 7); +7 vs. blessed, magic or silver, and Knockback would be -7, -3 vs. blessed/magic/silver.

The listed cost indicates it is the former.

OK, I was basing the construction of her Toughness on the Vampire Policeman NPC's bulletproof vest in _Villains and Vigilantes_ (should have actually said that, my bad). Her "specially made dress" gives her +3 Toughness; not stacking with her protection, just giving her +3 Toughness vs. magic/silver/holy. If I go through and actually indicate that on the sheet, does that construction work?