Unspent PPs: 1

Characters Name: Blademaster

Alternate Identity: Jack Ensis

Height: 6’5’’

Weight: 194

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Description: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/B ... tled-5.jpg

History: Jack Ensis worked at a store that sold lucky charms and "Supernatural" antiques, some of them even real. He had some magical power, but not much. On a seemingly normal day, he drove home, and saw someone in medieval armor fighting a giant praying mantis. The fight was essentially over, and the one with the sword finished off the bug. He was barely standing. Jack remembered a legend about a sword that went to whoever could beat the previous owner in melee combat. Since all legends were true in his line of work, he put on the breaks, got out, and picked up a nearby stick.

"I challenge you to a duel!" Jack yelled, and smacked him with the stick a few seconds after he turned around. There was probably something in the rules about honor. As his opponent backed up, Jack lobbed the stick at him and he fell over. With a blinding light show, the sword appeared in his hands. He grabbed the armor off of his unconscious opponent, and ran off.

Stats

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 12 (+1)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

BAB: +6

BDB: +6

Initiative: +5

Saves

Toughness: +6

Fortitude: +6

Reflex: +6

Will: +6

Skills

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 11

Bluff 1

Feats: All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Defensive Attack Evasion, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Disarm, Ritualist, Improved Initiative, Second Chance (Being Disarmed), Takedown Attack x2, Weapon Bind

Powers

Device 3 (Easy to Lose) [Magic] (Feats: Restricted (People who won a physical battle against the previous owner))

Strike 6 (Extras: Penetrating +1 Feats: Alternate Power x2, Throw)

AP: Move object 12 (Flaw: Limited to Swords -2)

AP: Teleport 6 (Extras: Portal +2 Flaws: Action: Standard -1, Short Range -1)

Magic 6 (Feats: Alternate Power x2) [Magic]

Blast 6

AP: Snare 6

AP: Force Constructs 6

Protection 6

Costs: Abilities (6) + Combat (24) + Saves (16) + Skills (03) + Feats (12) + Powers (30) = Total Cost 90

Notes: The teleport on the sword is supposed to be "Cutting open a portal" like in The Subtle Knife or lots of other things I don't remember.

Extra effort applies to me for the device

I know that some of the APs are at less than full rank.

Players Name: Uninverted

Power Level: 6 (91 PPs)

History: Jack Ensis worked at a store that sold lucky charms and "Supernatural" antiques, some of them even real. He had some magical power, but not much. On a seemingly normal day, he drove home, and saw someone in medieval armor fighting a giant praying mantis. The fight was essentially over, and the one with the sword finished off the bug. He was barely standing. Jack remembered a legend about a sword that went to whoever could beat the previous owner in melee combat. Since all legends were true in his line of work, he put on the breaks, got out, and picked up a nearby stick.

"I challenge you to a duel!" Jack yelled, and smacked him with the stick a few seconds after he turned around. There was probably something in the rules about honor. As his opponent backed up, Jack lobbed the stick at him and he fell over. With a blinding light show, the sword appeared in his hands. He grabbed the armor off of his unconscious opponent, and ran off.

Stats

Saves

Skills

Bluff 1

Feats: All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Defensive Attack Evasion, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Disarm, Ritualist, Improved Initiative, Second Chance (Being Disarmed), Takedown Attack x2, Weapon Bind

Powers

Device 3 (Easy to Lose) [Magic] (Feats: Restricted (People who won a physical battle against the previous owner))

Blast 6

Protection 6

Costs: Abilities (6) + Combat (24) + Saves (16) + Skills (03) + Feats (12) + Powers (30) = Total Cost 90

Notes: The teleport on the sword is supposed to be "Cutting open a portal" like in The Subtle Knife or lots of other things I don't remember.

Players Name: Uninverted

Power Level: 6 (91 PPs)

Stats

Saves

Skills

Bluff 1

Powers

Blast 6

Protection 6

Saves

Your saves add up to 16 not 15.

Skills

. . . is 2.75 PPs not 3.

3. Regarding your device:

A. Does extra effort apply to you or the device?

B. Powers with the Permanent duration cannot be alternate powers (Regeneration).

C.

AP: Teleport 6 (Extras: Portal +2 Flaws: Action: Standard -2, Short Range)

Moving the action from Move to Standard isn’t a -2 flaw. It is only -1.

AP: Snare 6 (Extras: Independant)
6 ranks of Snare with the Independent extra is too expensive to fit into this array. But since the Snare’s duration is Instant, the extra isn’t necessary.

Saves

Skills

. . . is 2.75 PPs not 3.

B. Powers with the Permanent duration cannot be alternate powers (Regeneration).

C.

6 ranks of Snare with the Independent extra is too expensive to fit into this array. But since the Snare’s duration is Instant, the extra isn’t necessary.

Saves

Skills

. . . is 2.75 PPs not 3.

C.

And this guy's a hero? Well, I guess Spider-man also started out pretty selfish...

On the non-mechanical side, 176 pounds and 6'7" is really skinny. I weigh nearly that much at 6', and I'm not heavy.

Your Device is a sword, which mainly matters for your Improved Critical. Just a note for myself there.

I only see 29 pp in powers (9 from the Easy to Lose Device, 14 for Magic 6 and two APs, and 6 for Protection 6). By the way, is the Protection the armor that he stole from the unconscious man? If so, it should probably be a Device as well.

I only see 11 pp in feats, and you're still 1 rank short with your skills. Maybe a bit of Profession for his job before gaining the sword?

This means you have one pp left to spend (since you had said you had 91 in your sum at the bottom before).

One more non-mechanical issue. You gained the sword when you bested its previous owner in combat. Someone could do the same to you. While they wouldn't get the points for the device, it does create a story issue. You might want to have found some ritual which bound the sword to you. If you want to reflect that mechanically, the Restricted power feat is helpful.

And this guy's a hero? Well, I guess Spider-man also started out pretty selfish...

On the non-mechanical side, 176 pounds and 6'7" is really skinny. I weigh nearly that much at 6', and I'm not heavy.

Your Device is a sword, which mainly matters for your Improved Critical. Just a note for myself there.

I only see 29 pp in powers (9 from the Easy to Lose Device, 14 for Magic 6 and two APs, and 6 for Protection 6). By the way, is the Protection the armor that he stole from the unconscious man? If so, it should probably be a Device as well.

I only see 11 pp in feats, and you're still 1 rank short with your skills. Maybe a bit of Profession for his job before gaining the sword?

This means you have one pp left to spend (since you had said you had 91 in your sum at the bottom before).

One more non-mechanical issue. You gained the sword when you bested its previous owner in combat. Someone could do the same to you. While they wouldn't get the points for the device, it does create a story issue. You might want to have found some ritual which bound the sword to you. If you want to reflect that mechanically, the Restricted power feat is helpful.

C. AP: Teleport 6 (Extras: Portal +2 Flaws: Action: Standard -2, Short Range)

I'm moving the action of making the portal from free to standard.

He justs wants something to do with his awesome new sword, and like most people, he doesn't have it in him to rob a bank. He's a really antihero.

I'm horrible with height and weight for characters. I'll fix that.

Eh. This is simpler.

I think Bluff would work better :P

Alright. I'll probably use that to pay for the Restricted on that device.

Maybe Restricted: People who beat the last user in physical combat.

He justs wants something to do with his awesome new sword, and like most people, he doesn't have it in him to rob a bank. He's a really antihero.

Eh. This is simpler.

Eh. This is simpler.

I'm moving the action of making the portal from Free to standard.

That makes it a full action to actually teleport: standard to open the portal + a move action to step through. That's the same as moving the base action for Teleport (without the portal extra) from Move to Full (-2). Works for me.

That makes it a full action to actually teleport: standard to open the portal + a move action to step through. That's the same as moving the base action for Teleport (without the portal extra) from Move to Full (-2). Works for me.

It just seemed weird that what's flavored as basically an attack was a free action.

It wasn't a free action really. Teleporting is a move action any way you slice it (pun intended ;) ). Either you just teleport (move action), or you open a portal (free action) and step through (thus teleporting, move action). It's written that way (I guess) so that the +2 extra Portal doesn't also increase the action of the power.

Now you've made it a full action (-2 flaw any way you slice it).

It just seemed weird that what's flavored as basically an attack was a free action.

It wasn't a free action really. Teleporting is a move action any way you slice it (pun intended ;) ). Either you just teleport (move action), or you open a portal (free action) and step through (thus teleporting, move action). It's written that way (I guess) so that the +2 extra Portal doesn't also increase the action of the power.