TERMINATOR: SALVATION

Honestly after the snorefest that was Sarah conner chronicles(The first season, didn't bother with the second), I was all set to hate it.. but the previews look really good.

I'm seeing it this weekend. But I'm more looking forward to 'Drag me to Hell' next weekend ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If you go in without high expectations, you'll probably do alright. I went in thinking from the trailers that it would be the best film in the series. It isn't even close. It isn't T-3 bad, but it's nowhere near as good as T-2.

The characters are flat and one-dimensional, and most of them are practically walk-on roles. The plot is completely predictable from start to finish. So while the action scenes were top-notch, they were also boring, because I couldn't bring myself to actually care what happened to anyone. I got the impression there was a good 30-40 minutes of "Not Action" that got left on the cutting room floor.

And Christian Bale was wasted. John Connor was a supporting character in his own movie. It's really Marcus Wright's story (though I'm stretching the definition of the word "story" here). Which would have made sense if they had gone with the original ending. I still can't decide if abandoning the original ending was a good idea or not. But at least it would have been interesting and surprising, two adjectives otherwise missing from this film.

The first words out of my mouth when I exited the theatre were "I should have just seen Star Trek again."

I've got to agree with you on most of the points above.

It was entertaining but lacking something. Where Star Trek brought something new to the table, Terminator 4 didn't. I'm not even sure what the original ending was that you referred to, but it has to be better than the way they ended it.

The one thing that really got on my nerves was the the #1 person on the death list. Why would Skynet even know to put the people on that list in that order? Just doesn'T make sense.

I'll go see it again I think though, but was really looking for more out of it.

Well, Transformer next week. :D

The original ending:

Remember that scene at the end of the fight with the T-800? When he spears John Connor through the heart with that steel beam? Well, the original plan was that John Dies At The End. And Marcus, the new model of Terminator who blurs the line between human and machine like never before, literally takes off his face and replaces it with Connor's. He becomes John Connor, leading the Resistance in his footsteps. The machines have killed John Connor the man, but not the idea. It also lends new weight to some of the dialogue, like when SkyNet tells Marcus "Congratulations - You've killed John Connor."

He's not talking about her name or acting? *wolf whistles*

Also, alternate interpretation of the plot, possibly slightly offensive, but spoilered just in case it gives the plot away:

"Ok, so I have to save this man so I can send him back in time to make out with my mom!"

Though honestly when I caught it in the credits I thought it was a guy.

I already knew who she was, because I had been previously underwhelmed by her in Pathfinder.

Which, to be fair, is not to say that ridiculous movie gave her much to work with.

That might actually be worth buying the DVD rather than downloading the movie o.0

I don't know about what you guys are saying, I liked it. Then again, I am notorious for being easy to please.

@MBCE: Ordered lists are some of the oldest programming structures around. They go all the way back to C. (Maybe further?) Why doesn't it make sense?

That might actually be worth buying the DVD rather than downloading the movie o.0

I don't know about what you guys are saying, I liked it. Then again, I am notorious for being easy to please.

@MBCE: Ordered lists are some of the oldest programming structures around. They go all the way back to C. (Maybe further?) Why doesn't it make sense?

Did you see the film? The name in the number one slot should not have been there. That's what upset me. The rest of the movie I can live with. It's just that list and who was at the top, that got my displeasure. If that name was further down the list I could live with it, but it wasn't.