Unspent PP: 1

Characters Name: Leslie Lipps

Alternate Identity: Quiver

Height: 5'1"

Weight: 121 lbs

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Description:

Leslie is a beautiful, busty, blonde bombshell with natural attributes that many woman would kill for. Her sole identifying mark is a black tribal tattoo on the small of her back. Lately in her civilian life she's been making a half-hearted attempt to dress down. Not wearing maekup, long skirts, glasses instead of contacts, things like that which brings her down from gorgeous to pretty.

Her costume consists of a domino mask, strapless leoatard, elbow length gloves and thigh-high black boots. Everythings made of a shiny black material with golden trim.

In either getup she carries herself with confidence and grace, also she's not only aware of her own beauty, but has had a lifetime of practice in using it to get her way.

History:

Always the underachiever, Leslie used to coast through life mainly on her looks. People would look at her and usually just assume she was another pretty, airheaded blond and she didn't really try to prove them wrong. Dropping out of school to pursue and acting/modeling career that has never taken off, she's had tons of different jobs as a waitress, secretary, pick-pocket, a rather successful run as a magician's assistant as well as a multitude of other things.

That was, until she met her soulmate at one of her gigs as a backup dancer. Tina Maree, a pop princess who was starting to get 'too old' to be a princess anymore

It was at one of these gigs(working as a backup dancer) that she met her soulmate Tina, an up and coming pop princess. It was after the show, Leslie had snuck backstage and was pilfering things to sell on E-bay when she was caught by the little diva who immediately tried to take her on by herself instead of calling for security. It was love at first tackle and Tina quickly signed Leslie up for a more permanent positions, bringing her along to concerts letting her stay with her at her high-priced hotels. They kept their relationship a secret(Tina's manager said it would be better to wait and spring the news later, when doing so would help boost her popularity again. So in public they seemed to be just good friends. Leslie didn't mind, in private they lived like queens and had each other.

It was a brand new, experimental sound system that changed everything. Donated for a three day event in Freedom City by an anonymous R&D company to test out, it was suppose to be resistant to any sort of weather, survive any sort of punishment up to and including bullets, and had it's own poewr source. Instead of a microphone there was a small silver choker that would not only broadcast the singers voice but massage her vocal cords to let her sing longer with no ill effects.

It's still unclear what went wrong. Shoddy workmanship, a miscalculation, or if the company was just plain lying. But on the second day a storm was brewing. Assured that everything would be safe and the equipment would be fine Tina (and Leslie as a dancer) wen on with their performance in the rain. Leslie doesn't remember much, a flash of bright light near her then everything disappeared in an explosion of pain and noise.

She woke up a few days later in the hospital, suffering a constant sense of vertigo and pain all over and had to be sedated as she wouldn't stop screaming about everything shaking and earthquakes. The doctors were baffled as everything seemed fine. After a few weeks she finally adjusted to the constant vibrations that only she could feel and was finally released. It should have been a happy day, but she hadn't heard anything about Tina the entire time she was in the hospital and calling her record label didn't help. They claimed they couldn't divulge any information on the matter and asking about reimbursement for her staggering hospital bills only got her redirected to her legal department, who very politely laughed at her and informed her she'd have to sue the company that provided the sound system. Not that they could provide any information about that either.

It took a month of constant searching to find Tina, who was in the same hospital she had been but up in the mental ward. She didn't manage to find her before the press. Apparently her girlfriend had been at ground zero and had been badly burned. Not only that but the special choker she'd been wearing had backfired from all the extra electricity, destroying her vocal cords and leaving her mute. Her record label immediately dropped her upon hearing the news, causing her to have a mental breakdown. Not only that, but due to clever wording in her contract they kept all of her profits, leaving her nearly as broke as Leslie.

At first Tina refused to see her at first, then refused to leave the hospital. Which wasn't surprising really, considering what had happened and the swarm of people with cameras who couldn't wait to profit from her misery. In the end, the hospital kicked her out. She was healthy enough to leave and didn't have any money or insurance.

Sneaking her out in the middle of the night she moved in with Leslie, in her crummy, tiny apartment that was just suppose to be temporary, but has since become a little more permanent(once we get some money we're out of this dump Leslie always tells everyone). Tina, who'd once been cheery and outgoing had turned into a bitter recluse. Spending all of her time cooped up in the apartment and listening to her old CD's whenever possible. Leslie's aware that this probably isn't healthy, but there's not much she can do about it at the moment.

A paparazzi finally found them a few months later. Probably a leak from Tina's former agent. Leslie (who had been working herself to death in a desperate attempt to pay off their mounting debt, get enough money to get reconstructive surgery for her girlfriend, and hire a lawyer good enough to sue the record label and the nameless company that provided the sound-system.) walked in to find Tina wrestling with the paparazzi, who'd managed to break in and get a few pictures. Pushing the former diva off of him he bolted for the door, not noticing Leslie until it was too late.

He ran right into her left hook. Her vibrating left hook that broke all of his ribs, knocked him across the apartment, out of their second story window, and onto the unforgiving concrete below. Miraculously he survived(well, he actually died twice but the EMT's managed to bring him back both times). Since he did break in, Leslie managed to avoid jail, however because of her actions after he was incapicitated(instead of calling 911 she went down there, got the camera and destroyed it in front o fher grateful girlfriend) she was forced to attend therapy for her 'rage issues and lack of empathy for her fellow man'.

Not that it really bothered her, despite having to pay for the sessions herself. She had power now, power to take whatever she wanted. ANd take she would, take and take until she could live out her life in luxury.

Personality & Motivation:

Any way you look at it, Quiver's a petty thief. She knows it, embraces it even. Whether she's greedy or lazy it's hard to tell, but she wants out of her mind-numbing 9-5 and into an easy life of opulence and hedonism. Her and girlfriends staggering medical bills certainly don't help either.

Personality-wise she's very polite and quiet at work. When not at work she's whiney, annoying, and full of bad jokes and loud opinions. Not to mention she's a huge mooch. Not to hard to get along with though if you can stand her constant teasing, endless list of t.v./movie quotes, and stale jokes.

Hit Zones:Places she's likely to show up in costume:

Gas stations, Banks, ATM's:Banks are usually planned robberies. ATM's and gas stations are usually more of a convenience/oppurtunity thing. As are armored cars.

Hospitals and Credit Card buildings:While she has yet to try this, an idea has been brewing to go around the city and destroy the records in these kind of buildings, to help alleviate some of her debt.

Random Destruction:Because sometimes you need to blow off a little steam after work.

Safe Zones:Because her father always said 'Never crap where you eat'

Areas she(or good friends) lives in/frequents. She might not be a model neighbor, but she's not a psychopath either. She tries to plan her heists far and away from her 'normal' life.

Areas around Schoolzones/hospitals:Because she's not a monster(or so she keeps claiming). Not to mention if she accidently blew up a school bus the cops would probably step up their efforts to find out who she really is and arrest her.

Powers & Tactics: Quiver vibrates and can also make other things vibrate. While this doesn't have much effect on her, it's quite destructive to other things.

Tactics-wise she's pretty simple. Smash, grab, and run. Not getting caught is more important than money(but ditching the loot is definately not plan A). She might not be a criminal mastermind, but she's not stupide either and always on the lookout for an easy score.

Complications:

Secret Identity:Armed Robbery, assault, grand theft auto. These things tend to land people in jail, a place Leslie has no desire to end up. She'll go to great lengths to keep this secret.

Responsibilities:Hospital bills, normal bills, her job, spending time with her shut-in girlfriend. Leslie has a tight schedule, so she usually can't afford a long-drawn out confrontation with someone else.

Honor amongst thieves:Leslie will rarely give her word on anything, but when she does she does her best to stick to it and while she does enjoy the destruction she can(and usually does) cause, she isn't overly thrilled with injuring people(Tormenting them is another matter entirely). She'll try to avoid hostage situations and maiming innocent bystanders when she can.

There is no off switch:Leslie vibrates a tiny bit no matter what she does(and vibrates alot when she gets too upset/excited). Little things make it noticeable, a glass of water on her desk making waves, you can feel it if you actually touch her. This wouldn't really be a problem except it may give hints as to her secret I.D.

Struggling:They're not homeless because of her criminal activities, but she's yet to make a big enough score to do more than get by.

Stats: 26pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 18 (+4)

Combat: 32pp

Attack: +10

Grapple: +11

Defense: +13 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1, -6 vs. physical w/ Force Field up

Initiative: +3

Saves: 20pp

Toughness +2; +7 (Imp. 5) vs. physical attacks with Force Field

Fortitude: +7 (+2 Con, +5)

Reflex: +13 (+3 Dex, +10)

Will: +6 (+1 Wis, +5)

Skills: 88r = 22pp

Acrobatics 6 (+9)

Bluff 6 (+10/+14 with Attractive)

Computers 6 (+8)

Craft (Electronics) 4 (+6)

Diplomacy 0 (+4/+8 with attractive)

Disable Device 4 (+6)

Drive 6 (+9)

Escape Artist 10 (+13)

Notice 6 (+7)

Perform (Dance) 6 (+10)

Perform (Singing) 6 (+10)

Search 6 (+8)

Sense Motive 6 (+7)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+13)

Stealth 6 (+9)

Strength Skills +1

Dexterity Skills +3

Constitution Skills +2

Intelligence Skills +2

Wisdom Skills +1

Charisma Skills +4

Feats: 17pp

Accurate Attack

All-Out Attack

Attractive (1)

Defensive Attack

Distract (Bluff) (1)

Dodge Focus (7)

Evasion

Jack of all Trades

Move-by Action

Power Attack

Precise Shot (1)

Powers: 33pp

Burrowing 4 (Vibrating Drill) [4]

10 mph for soil/sand, 5 mph for packed earth/clay, 2 mph for stone/brick

Force Field 5 (Vibration Field; Extra: Impervious Flaw: Physical attacks only) [5]

Immunity 1 (Own Powers) [1]

Vibration Control 10 ( PFs: 3 Alternate Powers) [23]

AP: Stun 6 ( Extra: Ranged)

AP: Nauseate 6 (Bad Vibrations; Extra: Ranged)

AP: Drain Toughness 10 ( Extra: Ranged; Flaw: Objects only)

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE:

Blast 10 --- 25/Toughness --- Bruise/injury(Bludgeoning) (Staged)

Drain(Toughness) --- 20/Fortitude --- Loss of toughness

Nauseate --- 16/Fortitude --- Nauseated(Staged)

Stun --- 16/Fortitude --- Stunned(Staged)

Costs: Abilities (26) + Combat (32) + Saves (20) + Skills (22) + Feats (18) + Powers (33) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/151pp

Sorry if my attacks are a little wonky, the spaces are there when I edit and stuff but when it's posted they're gone. And I wasn't sure what exactly to put for damage type on most of them. Should I mention it's bludgeoning? I can switch freely between lethal and nonlethal right?

I added in hit and safe zones for places she's likely/unlikely to attack or pick a fight in. It's right under personality and motivation. If you don't like that feel free to tell me to get rid of it or cut it out yourself.

Stats: 26pp

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 14 (+2)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 18 (+4)

Adds up.

Combat: 34pp

Attack: +10

Grapple: +11

Defense: +13 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1/-3(With FF up)

Initiative: +3

You should note what you knockback forcefield protects against. Also, I want to make mention, you could have saved youself a point by buying an even number of base defense and dodge focus 1 (mechanically the same too). Not that you have to do it, just a suggestion

Saves: 20pp

Toughness: +13 (+2 Con, +11 Force Field)

Fortitude: +7 (+2 Con, +5)

Reflex: +13 (+3 Dex, +10)

Will: +6 (+1 Wis, +5)

Your Force Field is only 5, and versus physical attacks, please makes note of this. Also make note of the Impervious too.

Skills: 84r = 21pp

Acrobatics 6 (+9)

Bluff 6 (+10)

Computers 6 (+8)

Craft (Electronics) 4 (+6)

Drive 6 (+9)

Escape Artist 10 (+13)

Notice 6 (+7)

Perform (Dance) 6 (+10)

Perform (Singing) 6 (+10)

Search 6 (+8)

Sense Motive 6 (+7)

Sleight of Hand 10 (+13)

Stealth 6 (+9)

Adds up, but you need to note your skill raises with attractive. Also, since you have Jack of All Trades, note your untrained modifiers like so: All other Strength skills +X, All other Dexterity Skills +X, etc.

Feats: 16pp

Accurate Attack

All-Out Attack

Attractive (1)

Defensive Attack

Distract (Bluff) (1)

Dodge Focus (6)

Evasion

Jack of all Trades

Move-by Action

Power Attack

Precise Shot (1)

Adds up.

Powers: 33pp

Burrowing (Vibrating Drill) [4]

Force Field 5 (Vibration Field; Extra: Impervious Flaw: Physical attacks only) [5]

Immunity 1 (Own Powers) [1]

Vibration Control 10 ( PFs: 3 Alternate Powers) [23]

AP: Stun 6 ( Extra: Ranged)

AP: Nauseate 6 (Bad Vibrations; Extra: Ranged)

AP: Drain Toughness 10 ( Extra: Ranged; Flaw: Objects only)

Burrowing: How many ranks? Also make note of how fast you can go with it.

Force Field: Looks good.

Immunity: Is there anything she has to be Immune to with her current powers?

Vibration Array: Looks good.

Sorry if my attacks are a little wonky, the spaces are there when I edit and stuff but when it's posted they're gone. And I wasn't sure what exactly to put for damage type on most of them. Should I mention it's bludgeoning? I can switch freely between lethal and nonlethal right?
Yes and yes.

All editerized

Thanks on the dodge thing, hadn't realized that. I originally had a high FF and a lower dodge but then realized(as I was posting her) since my FF doesn't protect against everything it'd probably be better the other way around(which is why some things might be off)

And yea, immunity was for mainly for reflectors. Didn't realize it'd work against mimics(Cool!)

Background question: is Tina able to talk again?

Looks fine to me, just two minor edits are needed.

The Impervious should be listed in her Toughness, and Impervious alters how Knockback is calculated. So those lines should be written as

Knockback: -1, -6 vs. physical w/ Force Field up

Toughness +2; +7 (Imp. 5) vs. physical attacks with Force Field

Edit those, and bold the names of her power and bold & underline the "section headings" (stats, combat, saves, skills, etc.), and we'll be good to go. ;)

Done, done, done, and done!

Tina cannot talk at the moment(not even growly noises) but can scribble a mean note and text at amazing speeds.

I suppose this would be a good time to ask, I can make her a super-powered sidekick later right? Cause that's my plan once Quiver advances a little and pulls off a few successful heists.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...