(OOC) The Chain and the Lightning

No problem...

I'm not entirely sure if Pompadour should be considered a sharp dressed man... he looks a little bit like, if The Fonze were deified. It's also hard to quantify his attractiveness with mere numbers. His Bluff is (+4/+12 Attractive) but having a rank of Pheremones will tend to make him a lot more successful collecting a following of eager young lasses.

I don't think it would be too difficult to make the connection between Pompadour, and The Sinister Pompadour, a supervillain that went on a rampage 7-8 months ago.

When I first read your post, it looked to me like Jack had done all his snarly bar intimidate stuff, and that the lights had gone out at just the perfect moment for him to disappear... which I felt was an unfair use of narrative privilege. Rereading the post, it's clear that the lights going out interrupted Jack's spiel. So, sorry for getting in your grill about that -could have been prevented by closer reading on my part.

re: Stealth and Intimidate... Stealth I give you, no questions asked. Pompadour's notice is decent, but not exceptional. Throw in a penalty for the lights going out, and there's no chance. As for intimidate, I just don't see Pompadour being intimidated by a guy in a bar; he's too arrogant or short-sighted to consider the possibility that he might bump into another Super. Jack was also interrupted during his act.

I'm going to operate on the assumption that the sound/music died with the lights, and that if the building has emergency lights they haven't come on yet.

As for intimidate, I just don't see Pompadour being intimidated by a guy in a bar; he's too arrogant or short-sighted to consider the possibility that he might bump into another Super.

I'd think that would be more reason for him to be intimidated by a super -- if he's not expecting anything beyond run of the mill bar patrons, then when something decidedly 'super' comes along (and having 13 ranks in Intimidate in and of itself is pretty 'super'), it should blindside him.

Sorry, I disagree.

Avenger's post

"Or maybe," he added with a dangerous whisper, leaning close to Pompadour's ear, "the ladies here will decide they want a real man..."
doesn't say "Intimidate +13" to me, it says "I'm insecure and want to start a fight" -typical barroom antagonism. Me, the player, would probably not be intimidated by that and I'm sure that my character wouldn't be. Whether the lights going out interrupted the intimidation attempt (the shoulder grab and eye-contact that would actually make that intimidating), or me just taking refuge in the 'immune to interaction' rule, I'm fine with either.

There's more to interaction skills than what words are said.

And while it's true Interaction skills can't be used to alter a PC's attitude, I would say it's bad roleplaying to not at least acknowledge that the PC or NPC trying to affect you seems -- or at least would seem to others to be -- friendly/nasty/scary/whatever.