The days of high adventure (OOC)

MarkK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note. I'm going to see if I can pick up this thread until Markk comes back or so, but I need to clear some of the open threads I've left running a little too long. :oops:

If no one steps up to the plate by the end of next week, I'll jump in.

• 1 month later...

I don'T think this has ever received a date for the timeline thread. As the events of this thread will happen in "different time" we only need the date when Doc and the others were "taken" I'm thinking of placing in late September. About September 16, 2009. Of course, by the end, everyone will return the same day.

How does that sound?

Checking in with Witch or Angel, whichever you think would be more appropriate. One is a PL10 hero, the other is a PL6 villain.

Which would you like to play? All of the other characters are PL 10 and up but I have no problems with mixing PLs. I would suggest Angle, but with Exile joining the game, another villain doesn't hurt.

Since I'm getting back into posting gear I would like to inquire about the possibility of getting Exile into this.

Right now, I've got Doc A, Angel/Witch, Jack of all Blades, Dark Star, Twilight Gryphon, and Exile then. Six is about good.

You're in. give a few days to get you two moving though. I got caught up with the Reading Bug which has cut into my PbP time. :oops:

The Basic Story

To keep things moving well, I thought it would be nice if I let you know what I had planned for the thread. As we have heroes and villains in this thread, it makes more sense to be upfront with how I expect things to play out.

This is a cooperative themed thread. I would like the villains and heroes to work together to find their way back to their time. I'm not looking for 100% cooperation; villains wouldn't be villains if they didn't try to use the situation to improve their own standing in some way!

I will be trying to get everyone together and for that to happen quickly, I may pull out the railroad tracks to get people where I need them quickly.

Play style

I know a lot of people like being the center of attention and really showing off what they can do, but I would like people to try to hold back so that it is more of a group story. If you find yourself alone, sky's the limit. If you're sharing a scene with another player, try not to do everything by yourself. The way stunting works in M&M, it's possible that one person can defeat everything in sight if they know the rules really well.

Actions:

I'll be limiting the amount of Free Actions a person can do in a round. Everyone will be limited to 3 Free actions. So when in combat, you will have the following actions: 3 Free Actions, 1 Move action, and 1 Standard action.

You may change your actions downward so a standard can become a move action or a free action. A move action can become a free action.

This is the first thread where I'll be trying out this system so it may change later.

Any questions or comments?