Even Bad Girls Go to Church Sometimes

Affliction

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy was completely out of control. She lifted Agnes' head again, and then . . .

"Stop!"

And the whole world froze. Agnes and Lucy were frozen in place, not a hair moved. The shadow twisted its perception toward the speaker, but it knew the voice well. Master had arrived. Surely he would be pleased.

A tall, handsome man in a white suit stepped out of the shadows and walked over to where the two girls were locked in mortal combat. He peered right through the darkness and saw the shadow. "Nice work," he said dryly. "Were you going to let her die?" He gestured casually toward Agnes.

"I . . . Well, I was . . . No master . . ."

The handsome man in the white suit didn't look convinced. "This one is too valuable to be dead. And this one . . . " The man reached out and stroked Lucy's hair. "This one is far too valuable to be a murderer . . . yet. Time for phase two, I think." The man snapped his fingers and both of the girls vanished. The shadow, left bare and exposed at losing his host, screeched and jumped into the tall man's shadow. "Our work here is done," he said. And with that, the man and his shadow stepped into the darkness of a side corridor and were gone.

Lucy was completely out of control. She lifted Agnes' head again, and then . . .

"Stop!"

And the whole world froze. Agnes and Lucy were frozen in place, not a hair moved. The shadow twisted its perception toward the speaker, but it knew the voice well. Master had arrived. Surely he would be pleased.

A tall, handsome man in a white suit stepped out of the shadows and walked over to where the two girls were locked in mortal combat. He peered right through the darkness and saw the shadow. "Nice work," he said dryly. "Were you going to let her die?" He gestured casually toward Agnes.

The handsome man in the white suit didn't look convinced. "This one is too valuable to be dead. And this one . . . " The man reached out and stroked Lucy's hair. "This one is far too valuable to be a murderer . . . yet. Time for phase two, I think." The man snapped his fingers and both of the girls vanished. The shadow, left bare and exposed at losing his host, screeched and jumped into the tall man's shadow. "Our work here is done," he said. And with that, the man and his shadow stepped into the darkness of a side corridor and were gone.

"Stop!"