Even Bad Girls Go to Church Sometimes

Affliction

lucy.jpg

Lucy snickered. She wasn't lost. She knew exactly where she was. However, she was interested in a tour even less that she was interested in being upstairs with all the blow-hards, religious or otherwise.

"No thanks. I'll pass on the tour."

Lucy stood there for another few moments, looking the girl up and down.

"So, what did you do?"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucy.jpg

Lucy snickered. She wasn't lost. She knew exactly where she was. However, she was interested in a tour even less that she was interested in being upstairs with all the blow-hards, religious or otherwise.

"No thanks. I'll pass on the tour."

Lucy stood there for another few moments, looking the girl up and down.

"So, what did you do?"

Agnes looked a little crestfallen when she realized that she was being insulted. So sad.

"I think if a job needs doing then there is certainly nothing demeaning about doing it. That's why I volunteered to clean down here. What about you? You don't look very happy, and you sound downright miserable, and yet here you are."

Agnes looked a little crestfallen when she realized that she was being insulted. So sad.

"I think if a job needs doing then there is certainly nothing demeaning about doing it. That's why I volunteered to clean down here. What about you? You don't look very happy, and you sound downright miserable, and yet here you are."

lucy.jpg

Lucy smilled again. There was more to this church girl than met the eye.

"Oh, I am most certainly being punished," Lucy said, rolling her eyes. "I wouldn't be here otherwise. I'm just trying to kill some time." Lucy leaned against the wall and folded her arms. Glancing down at her diamond-encrusted watch, she said, "You know what? I think I will take you up on that tour. Where do we start?"

lucy.jpg

"Oh, I am most certainly being punished," Lucy said, rolling her eyes. "I wouldn't be here otherwise. I'm just trying to kill some time." Lucy leaned against the wall and folded her arms. Glancing down at her diamond-encrusted watch, she said, "You know what? I think I will take you up on that tour. Where do we start?"

lucy.jpg

Agnes crinkled her brow. She clearly wasn't expecting the girl to take her up on her offer. "Let's, um, start in the old church mausoleum, beneath the esonarthex." Agnes gestured back down the hall from whence the girl had arrived. "It's pretty cold down there." Agnes grinned. "You're probably going to want some shoes."

"Who is she," Agnes though. "This is so weird!" But Agnes pressed on. She knew that this girl was with the generous donors being honored above. She had to do her part to keep them all happy as well.

Agnes crinkled her brow. She clearly wasn't expecting the girl to take her up on her offer. "Let's, um, start in the old church mausoleum, beneath the esonarthex." Agnes gestured back down the hall from whence the girl had arrived. "It's pretty cold down there." Agnes grinned. "You're probably going to want some shoes."

"Who is she," Agnes though. "This is so weird!" But Agnes pressed on. She knew that this girl was with the generous donors being honored above. She had to do her part to keep them all happy as well.

lucy.jpg

Lucy rolled her eyes as Agnes walked past her. She slipped her feat back into her beautiful but horrendously painful shoes and followed after the church girl, keeping a few paces behind her to try to accentuate the girls discomfort. Lucy's high heels made a clip-clop sound on he stone floor. Agnes led them down tunnel after tunnel toward with no end in sight. Lucy's feet were hurting worse and worse, and the uneven flagstones just magnified her pain.

How long is this going to take?

"Hey, what's your name?" She paused for a second to let the insult sink in. "Agnes, right? Agnes, how much longer is this going to take?"

She's doing this on purpose. I would so love to just smack her!

lucy.jpg

Lucy rolled her eyes as Agnes walked past her. She slipped her feat back into her beautiful but horrendously painful shoes and followed after the church girl, keeping a few paces behind her to try to accentuate the girls discomfort. Lucy's high heels made a clip-clop sound on he stone floor. Agnes led them down tunnel after tunnel toward with no end in sight. Lucy's feet were hurting worse and worse, and the uneven flagstones just magnified her pain.

"Hey, what's your name?" She paused for a second to let the insult sink in. "Agnes, right? Agnes, how much longer is this going to take?"

lucy.jpg

I would so love to just smack her!

Lucy King's request was heard, and the ancient spirit of malice that had been hiding inside of Lucy's shadow just beyond the realm of sight began to stir. For years the shadow had been the girl's silent companion, half-watching, half-slumbering. It was patiently waiting for . . . an invitation . . . for the right request birthed out of pure spite and spent on just the right victim. This was what it had been waiting for.

Soon . . .

Lucy King's request was heard, and the ancient spirit of malice that had been hiding inside of Lucy's shadow just beyond the realm of sight began to stir. For years the shadow had been the girl's silent companion, half-watching, half-slumbering. It was patiently waiting for . . . an invitation . . . for the right request birthed out of pure spite and spent on just the right victim. This was what it had been waiting for.

Soon . . .

Soon . . .

"Agnes, how much longer is this going to take?"

When the rich girl spoke, a cold chill ran down Agnes' spine that had nothing to do with the words she heard. She was overwhelmed by the desire to either call the sword to her hand or run away as hard as she could. Her hands started trembling.

"We're close," she said weakly. She turned and looked back at Lucy, not entirely sure what she'd see.

"Agnes, how much longer is this going to take?"

When the rich girl spoke, a cold chill ran down Agnes' spine that had nothing to do with the words she heard. She was overwhelmed by the desire to either call the sword to her hand or run away as hard as she could. Her hands started trembling.

"We're close," she said weakly. She turned and looked back at Lucy, not entirely sure what she'd see.