Blast 10 (energy weapon), [22]

AP: Enhanced Strength 20

AP: Space Flight 20

Comprehend 2 (speak and understand all languages), [4}

Flight 7 (1000 MPH) [17]

DAP: Super Strength 7

Immunity 11 (life support, need for sleep, starvation and thirst), [11]

Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious, Reflective [ranged]), [30]

Super-Senses 6 (communication link with Mentor, direction sense, infravision, low-light vision, radio,

tracking [infravision]), [6]

[90 points spent]

Hunh....

Protection # (Extras: Impervious, Reflective [ranged])

3pp/rank

Reflected attack automatically hits.

Deflect # (all ranged; Extra: Reflection)

4pp/rank

Reflected attack requires attack roll to hit.

The former seems a far better deal, especially since it also provides Impervious Protection against all attacks.

Am I missing something?

Yep, Deflection also requires you to spend one of your actions to use it, and it gets worse the more times you use it in a round, unless you take a full round action to use it. :nono:

The trade off however is that Deflect can hypothetically work on any attack whatsoever, most people can get through Reflective and/or Impervious just by power attacking.

Also, here's a generic Green Lantern build to bum some ideas off of.

Yep, Deflection also requires you to spend one of your actions to use it, and it gets worse the more times you use it in a round, unless you take a full round action to use it. :nono:

The trade off however is that Deflect can hypothetically work on any attack whatsoever, most people can get through Reflective and/or Impervious just by power attacking.

Or Penetrating. Or Alt Save attacks.

Also, here's a generic Green Lantern build to bum some ideas off of.

I liked Taliesin's take, where the Ring has some mid-ranked powers, and the GL him/her/itself had [Will]Power Reserve to pump the abilities u, and bought the Dynamic PF to represent an individuals' ability to better mix-and-match effects.

I do dig that. If you want to take that 75point ring and drop it on any character, it gives you an "instant" hero, with a lot of different potential personalities. From DC Canon, we have Gnort, who's power ring is just as good as anyone else', but his Will Save (and Will Power Reserve) to use the Ring is obviously limited.

What If the Green Lantern Ring fell into the hands of...

Hulk Hogan?

Brittney Spears?

Tyra Banks?

Penn Jillette?

Oprah Winfrey?

Simon Cowel?

Dennis Rodman?

I do dig that. If you want to take that 75point ring and drop it on any character, it gives you an "instant" hero, with a lot of different potential personalities. From DC Canon, we have Gnort, who's power ring is just as good as anyone else', but his Will Save (and Will Power Reserve) to use the Ring is obviously limited.[/quot]

I don't think Gnort even has (Will) Power Reserve. ;)

There's an Elseworlds story (In Darkest Knight) where Bruce Wayne got a GL Ring instead of Hal Jordan. And I think part of the Armageddon 2001 story showed Superman briefly with a GL Ring.

The Blackest Night storyline is going to introduce Black Lantern Ring, given to/worn by dead folks. If Solomon Grundy doesn't get one, I'll be disappointed. Because Solomon Grundy with a GL (er, BL) Ring is too horrible not to do. ;)

I do dig that. If you want to take that 75point ring and drop it on any character, it gives you an "instant" hero, with a lot of different potential personalities. From DC Canon, we have Gnort, who's power ring is just as good as anyone else', but his Will Save (and Will Power Reserve) to use the Ring is obviously limited.

That's why I tend to shamelessly rip off from this thread. More premade power templates than you can shake a stick at. Unfortunately, creator hasn't been on in over a year, and made the templates before UP was even out.