On Holy Ground (OOC)

MBCE

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he was unable to make the save. Failed by 11 which moves him up the chart and out of the fight!

Toughness DC 22 (1d20+6=11)

NO targets left in the corridor. Only a door stands between our villains and the inner sanctuary.

Which brings me to my next question, originally, I planned on having two or three sections to this thread. However, I lost a lot of time and am getting restless to play at the PL 10 level. So, how far do we want this to go?

On the other side of the door will be the guy we're looking for. After that, it's up in the air. I would like for you take a section of the story though. Should be interesting. Whether there is a third section is up in the air. Let me know what you think.

I had an idea for a (very basic) dungeon crawl, in some catacombs under the house, where he's got the Coin hidden. Some combat, some doors Bel can't bypass but Ghost can (and maybe some Ghost couldn't but Bel could), then we get the coin and take it back to the Don. I can pare some things down, though, to make it go quicker. ;)

Also, Bel spends his Villain Point to try and instantly recover his Staggered condition. And... fails!

I like what you have planned. Let's play it out and see how it goes. Once Ghost gets this door opened, you can take over for a while. Getting the information from George as well as entering the catacombs.

Going to spend my VP to try for a recovery check as well. And Pass with flying colors.

Probablity set for this Recovery roll lowest is a 7 (1d20+2=18)

Gain a VP for completing the fight.

So totals are

Bel 1 VP

Ghost 1 VP DEF 17

Okay, I'll take over from here.

Intimidating Kapetelis to give us what we want. I'd think having beaten his guards -- an obvious show of superior force -- would give a +2 bonus to the Intimidate check.

Taking 10 would get me a 14, but Kapetelis has a +11 modifier to his opposed Intimidate check, so I'll roll. And Bel gets... a 6 (rolled a 2)!

Kapetelis can't not beat that!

This is not going at all as I'd planned. :|

Fortunately, I know a perfect way to describe such an utter failure at intimidation ;)

Sounds like you should be making an Intimidate check now, with a +2 bonus

Your DC is 15.

Intimidate isn't our forte it seems.

12 I think I'll spend the HP for a reroll here.

13 :( Question is, does that 1 become a 7 due to the Probability control? If so, then succeed. If not failed.

DC to bypass it was 20, so you got it.

I'd meant to say that the only light is coming from Kapatelis' Panic Room at the top of the stairs, but I forgot. So I'll say the stairs are lit (lights wound around the hand rails), but the walls of the room below are shadowy.

Belphegor's Infravision does not help him see inanimate skeletons. Or undead skeletons. If he had true Darkvision, that would help.

No, they're not machines. ;)

Initiative

12 -- Skeletons (6)

7 -- Belphegor -- 1 VP -- Bruise x3

1 -- Ghost -- 1 VP -- Bruise x3, Fatigued

These Skeletons are treated as Minions.

The Skeletons all charge for Ghost, but due to the confines of the stairs only four of the six can get to him.

Since this is the first round of combat, everyone is flat-footed until they can act. So Ghost is both flat-footed and fatigued, so his Defense is 11.

Their (4) Attacks: 5, 6, 6, and 6. They all miss by a good margin. (Ghost's luck is back?)

Belphegor shoots at one of the skeletons in front of Ghost, with a hellfire bolt. Taking 10 on the attack easily hits; it can't pass the Toughness save, so it dies.

I'll be rolling the Bad Guy's saves, thank you :P

But I'll let that one go. These are meant to be more distraction than anything.

Initiative

12 -- Skeletons (4)

They regroup a bit, all four try to strike Ghost, and all miss again. 8, 3, 2, and 3!

Bel takes out another one with a hellfire bolt. Three left now.

Initiative

12 -- Skeletons (2)

The two regroup a bit, all both try to strike Ghost. 19 and 13 -- one manages to hit! DC 16 Toughness save.

Bel switches places with Ghost, and takes out another Skeleton (power attack for -1 attack/+1 damage). One more to go.