Favor for a Friend

The Captain gasps a momentary sigh of relief as the bullet zing by him. He uses his temporary reprieve to try and shake off the draining feeling that was still plaguing him. But it is still affecting him pretty hard. However, the captain manages to screw up his courage and completely shake off the condition.

A second later, Captain Knievel is back in the fight. "I'll keep those tips in mind," he said, tapping his head. Captain Knievel then quickly dashed backwards to get some distance (and hopefully increased reaction time) between him and Malice. "Air blasts might not effect you, but maybe this will... The Captain threw a punch, and a jolt of short range electricity jumped from his fist towards Malice. But his suit was less conductive than Captain Knievel had thought it was, and it did not seem do to anything to him.

"There's a distinct advantage in being grounded. Electricity follows the path of least resistance, which is the suit and not me." Now feeling really cocky, Malice taunts the Captain "Now see, any attack no matter how powerful, is useless if you can't hit anything with it." To illustrate his point, Malice shoots a large barrage of mini-missles, which spin and spiral all over the warehouse, missing everything entirely.

"It doesn't matter if those missles can punch through an inch of steel if I miss with them. Oh and one more Pro Tip: I don't miss." The Captain realizes with a start that those mini missles didn't hit anything on purpose. They were merely getting in position for an omni-directional attack.

The explosions resulted in a HUGE cloud of dust. It was centered on none other than Captain Knievel. From out of the dust cloud came his voice. "You seem to LOVE giving me all these tips..." The dust began to clear. And standing amidst the devastation was a completely unscathed Captain Knievel. "So I will return the favor. Pro tip: I am tougher than I look." Captain Knievel rushed forward and sent one of his fists careening thunderously into Malice's midsection. The attack was, unfortunately, completely ineffective.

"Apparently so are you." Captain Knievel said, frowning.

"OOF!" Captain Knievel shudders for a second, but seems to take the iron shod punch pretty well. "Oh, tricky. But you're gonna need more than just those meat-hammers to KO me!" The Captain took a step backward, and delivered a flaming round-house kick to the side of Malice's head. But amazingly, it STILL HAD NO EFFECT! Extracting his foot from Malice's shoulder, Captain Knievel looked at the device on his arm and said, "You sure you built this thing right after all?"

"That's the thanks I get? I didn't have to come down here to make you a toy you know! Besdies, it hasn't blown up yet has it?" Malice uses the time honored tradition of spray and pray to vent some of his frustrations. Unfortunately the Captain is far too agile to be hit by such an attack."Quit moving around so much and take it like a man!"

The Captain back flipped away from the spray of bullets. "I should say the same to you!" The Captain said, activating the last mechanism of his new 'toy'. An iridescent laser-whip lashed out from his wrist and lay on the ground for a second. "Why don't you take off that armor?!"

The Captain sent the whip flying towards Malice and attempted to batter him in the face with it, then wrap it around his neck.

The Captain's attack stuck solidly on Malice's neck. The armor cushioned the impact, but the force of the attack actually caused the external armor to break off and shatter with a large explosion and hissing as smoke billowed from the damaged portion of the suit. This was a less than enjoyable experience. Not only that, but the forceful removal of the external armor also managed to leave a large dent in Malice's armor at the neck, which made breathing particularly fun, it damaged the power circuits and cut one of the hydrolic lines.

So Malice had a heavy bruise on his neck, had difficulty moving his left side, couldn't breath properly, his power regulators were all out of wack, was missing a chunk of his armor, and now the very laser lasso he had just made was coiling around him. In short, everything went wrong for Malice, all at once.

Captain Knievel was actually legitimately shocked that his last attack had done so much damage to Malice, especially since all of the others had been so ineffective.

He didn't let that phase him for a second. He retracted the laser whip into the device. "I'll accept all that hissing and whirring as your suit calling 'Uncle' for you." The Captain smirked. Looking down at the new and improved Adrenaline Cannon on his arm he spoke again, "Guess this thing does work after all."

The Captain was used to hearing himself and only himself talk, so he continued completely un-phased by Malice's condition. Though he did take a few steps closer.

"Well you did a great job on the Adrenaline Cannon, Malice. You have my thanks for that. Now it is my turn to come through and deliver the rest of what I know on the good doctor. It seems that his massive intellect works on different channels if you will. It's almost like he knows a ton of stuff on one subject at a time, and it takes him a second to switch modes. I noticed this when we were talking. He has a very one track mind. He kept giving my sports analogy after sports analogy. Its like he couldn't get sports off the brain. Then when another subject came up he was entirely one track about that as well. It just took him a few seconds to get moving. At one point he even had to fiddle with that device on his belt for a few seconds before he could even come to give me a response to a question I posed."

The Captain, now much closer to Malice, shrugged his shoulders. "That's all I know. Again, I am not sure how helpful it is, but it's all I got." The Captain gestured to Malice's badly damaged helmet. "Need any help with that thing?"

Malice kept busy trying to gather bits of his armor back together, while listening to the Captain relate details about Dr. Archeville. He had to find whatever sort of abnormality had caused such damage to the suit, because he couldn't have just lost a fight to the Captain. Heavens no. There must assuredly have been some sort of extenuating circumstances behind it. Yes that had to be it. Obviously. Now he only had to find out what it was so that he could erase it from all of space and time now and forever so that this day will never be revistited ever again. *cough*

Malice set some of the shattered pieces on the workbench while he responded to the Captain. "Alright so the good doctor is exceedingly one track minded you say? That is curious. They say that the line between genius and insanity is blurred, and Dr. Archeville fits that mold to a T. Many of the super brilliant men in history have had their own types of oddities and quirks. I suspect that Dr. Archeville's mind works too fast for his mouth to keep up.

When you started talking about sports his mind instinctually started bringing up any sort of sports related knowledge he had stowed away during his life time. For someone of his intellect, it's not surprising that he has ammased a large amount of information in any subject, no matter how obscure. So when the time came to switch subjects, his mind needed to do something with all of that now unnecessary information, leading to a temporary pause before it could put on a head of steam. Thank you for that information, but I have long suspected that Dr. Archeville possessed some sort of oddity. Almost as if there were warring factions in his mind. Seeing proof and accounts of this quirk will help immensely.

Now as for this..." Malice reached up to his neck and pulled out a piece of the armor on his neck, which looks like it was intentionally ejected. There's a bruise already forming on his neck, but doesn't look very big. "It's nothing more what an ice pack and a blow torch can't fix. It looks like to hit the armor in just the right spot. Even diamonds, the hardest substance on earth, can shatter if you hit them right."

"Call it a lucky shot, then, I guess." The Captain shrugged, smugly. But he knew the truth. He had bested his friend in single combat. Even if it was not likely to happen again, he could always claim he did it once.

Captain Knievel knew that Malice would never let him within 100 yards of his repair bench for his own suit, so The Captain did not even broach the subject.

What he did say was, "The only plan I can come up with if I run into Dr. Archeville again, is to try and catch him off guard while on a tangent. Hopefully that may prove to be disastrous for his defenses."

The Captain turned and began to walk towards the door to the warehouse. "But hey, you are the brains of this operation, as they say. I'll let you come up with something. Let me know when you have a plan, or if you need me at all. I'll keep my two-way on." He said pointing to his ear. "But for now, I am gonna go and find some meta human trash to test this baby out on further, if you know what I mean. Wish me luck!"

The Captain made a move to leave the building...

"Try not to get yourself killed, and do try and keep the Cannon in once piece for at least a while, ok? Also, don't go out of your way to hunt down Dr. Archeville. He's a great scientist, and I respect him deeply, he's just a little misguided. That and he's probably got booby traps laid all over the place at any place he frequents. Until next time."

After their good byes were said and the Captain had left, Malice set down to do the repairs. The External armor probably needed more testing before it was implemented more often, it was the latest addition to the armor and had the most kinks in the system. Still it did show promise. Malice hadn't lied to the Captain, the repairs were pretty much straight forward. The armor had come apart at the joints, so it was just a matter of putting humpty dumpty back together again. A little more than an hour later, Malice was satisfied with the repairs and headed home, doing his best to ignore any explosions in the distance.