Character Edits, v4

Okay. Fair enough. As long as it was an established rule before hand and not just, "Why is he so strong all of a sudden?" I am okay with it.

Firstly, Is the increase to his defense from dodge focus okay? I am most definitely spending that point. Can you at least make that edit?

Secondly, I request help! I would still like to see his strength go up. Can we discuss some way of accomplishing this?

Things I am thinking of:

1. Packing more points into DEVICE and explaining that the hydraulic tubing of the adrenaline cannon that runs along his arms and legs enhances his strength by aiding in actions that require physical exertions

2. Even though Captain Knievel hates meta humans, is it possible he really is one and didn't know it? :o Wouldn't that be incredibly ironic and interresting to roleplay? Maybe my strength should just go up anyway?

3. ???

4. Profit!

Any ideas or input?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Fair enough. As long as it was an established rule before hand and not just, "Why is he so strong all of a sudden?" I am okay with it.

Firstly, Is the increase to his defense from dodge focus okay? I am most definitely spending that point. Can you at least make that edit?

Secondly, I request help! I would still like to see his strength go up. Can we discuss some way of accomplishing this?

Things I am thinking of:

1. Packing more points into DEVICE and explaining that the hydraulic tubing of the adrenaline cannon that runs along his arms and legs enhances his strength by aiding in actions that require physical exertions

2. Even though Captain Knievel hates meta humans, is it possible he really is one and didn't know it? :o Wouldn't that be incredibly ironic and interresting to roleplay? Maybe my strength should just go up anyway?

3. ???

4. Profit!

Any ideas or input?

Drugs. From the powerhouse or some other agency that help increase his strength. That's just my idea, but it might work.

I just noticed that Malice is lacking in a few key areas, he has no ranks in Intimidate & Gather Info, which he should really really have.

So I'll spend my 2 points to get 4 ranks in Intimidate and Gather Info respectively. I'll buy more at the end of the month.

Done by Sandman XI

Drugs. From the powerhouse or some other agency that help increase his strength. That's just my idea, but it might work.

makes sense that captain knievel might start juicing. ill go with that

experience expenditure once more:

+2 str (ROIDS!)

+1 dodge focus

total points spent 3pp

Upon consultation with the refs, I have realized a few changes need to be made to Fleur de Joie. Sorry. =)

Will Save is actually +4

Create Object should be removed from the AP array.

Add Feature: Can create terra cotta flowerpots full of dirt.

Change AP Healing to "Healing 7 (Extra: 35-ft. Burst Area; Flaw: Plants only; PFs: Regrowth, Stabilize)"

The paragraph "Powers and Tactics" should read "Most nights, Stesha contents herself with scattering flowers in parks, healing peoples' sick windowboxes and gardens, and putting the occasional pot of flowers on someone's doorstep. If she gets in a fight, though, she can call the plants to her defense, using them to trip, snare, and incapacitate the bad guys, hopefully before they can hurt her. She has nascent earth control powers along with her plant control, but she hasn't explored them to anywhere near the extent she has with the plants. Right now, all she can do is create flowerpots, but that may change in the future."

Updated by Doc.

(finally remembered to do this)

Dark Star Updates:

(think this should all work). Most reflect changes and growth worked on in IC posts.

I have 8 unspent.

First I'd like to remove the Connected perk (since it isn't exactly what I thought and it doesn't fit the concept all that well as it is). +1

Brings unspent to 9.

Add the following Perks:

Improved Initiative +1 (-1)

Lucky (feat) +1 (-1) (Please note, this would give him Lucky x2.)

Add the following skills: (-1)

Notice +1

Knowledge (History) +2

Knowledge (Occult) +1

Power Increases: (-6)

Gravity Control 11 (-4)

Splitting an AP into two APs: (-1)

AP: Communication 20 (Radio; PF: Dynamic; 20 miles) [21]; Super-Senses (adds to Gravitic Field Sense (Acute [1], Analytical [1], Counters Concealment [2], Counters Obscure [5], Distance Sense [2], ], +1 Extended (1000’)[1], Penetrates Concealment [4), Tracking [2]; PF: Dynamic) [18] + Enhanced Skill (Notice +16) [4] 1 left

AP: Concealment 10 (all visual, auditory, olfactory, and radio; Extra: Area; PFs: Close Range, Dynamic, Selective) [43] 1 left

New AP:

AP: Teleport 18 (anywhere in galaxy [wormhole]; Extras: Accurate, Portal; Flaws: Action/Full round, Long Range only, Unreliable (limited to 5 uses until recharge/rest due to energy expended; PFs: Progression 2 [25'x25' portal], Dynamic). 5 left (Cost is 2/rank.)

For a total cost of 9 pp.

So Gravity Control now looks like:

Gravity Control 11 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Selective Attack; Power Feats: Dynamic + 7 Alternate Powers) [52pp]

• AP: Blast 13 (Extra: Penetrating; PFs: Accurate x1, Dynamic, Improved Range x2 (Rank x50)) 1 left

• AP: Communication 20 (Radio, anywhere in the universe; PF: Dynamic) [16] plus Enhanced Super-Senses 18 (adds to Gravitic Field Sense Acute [1], Analytical [1], Counters Concealment [2], Counters Obscure [5], Distance Sense [2], ], +1 Extended (1000’)[1], Penetrates Concealment [4), Tracking [2]; PF: Dynamic) [18] plus Enhanced Skill 4 (Notice +16) [4] 1 lef

•AP: Concealment 10 (all; Extra: Area; PFs: Close Range, Dynamic, Selective) [43] 1 left

•AP: Flight 19 (10,000,000 mph; PF: Dynamic); 5 left

•AP: Healing 14 (Extra: Total; PF: Persistent , Regrowth) 0 left

•AP: Radiation Control 13 (Extra: Area; PF: Accurate x1, Dynamic, Incurable, Reversible, Selective) 0 left

•AP: Space Travel 19 (to Space Travel 20, 2,500,000 c; PF: Dynamic) [20] plus Protective Gravity Bubble (Force Field 1 [Extra: Burst Area] plus Linked Immunity 7 [cold, heat, high pressure, radiation, suffocation, vacuum; Sustained; Extras: Affects Others Only, 35-ft. Burst Area; PF: Dynamic) = [16] 8 left

•AP: Telekinesis 13 (ST 65 = heavy load of 100 tons; Extra: Affects Corporeal; PFs: Dynamic, Accurate x1, Affect Insubstantial x2, Precise) 0 left

•AP: Teleport 18 (anywhere in galaxy [wormhole]; Extras: Accurate, Portal; Flaws: Action/Full round, Long Range only, Unreliable (limited to 5 uses until recharge/rest due to energy expended; PFs: Progression 2 [25'x25' portal], Dynamic). 5 left (Cost is 2/rank.)

The -2/+2 tradeoff remains the same I believe.

Radiation Control has a problem: the Area. You need to pick a shape for the Area, and Area effects can't exceed PL (since there's no attack roll).

Ok apparently some stuff was missed first time around for the Radiation Control.

· AP: Radiation Control 12 (Extra: Area; Feat: Incurable, Dynamic, Reversible, Selective)

I was told that in addition to the level problem, selective is supposed to be an Extra as well. So, reworked, here it is:

Here is the new version.

· AP: Radiation Control 10 (Extra: Area (burst), Selective; Feat: Affect Insubstantial 1, Dynamic, Incurable, Reversible) 0 left

After earning 1PP last month and cashing in 2 ranks of "Benefit (Wealth)," The Scarab has 3PP to spend. Here's how I'd like to do it:

1PP for the "Speed of Thought" feat. This will change her Initiative modifier from "-1" to "+6."

1PP to increase her Fortitude Save from "+4" to "+5."

1PP to increase her Reflex Save from "+4" to "+5."

Updated by Doc.

Due to the results of a recent thread, I would like to discuss the possibility of moving my NPC Lancer up to PL 7. For lack of a better place, I am putting it here. Don't worry, though, this should be pretty short.

----

15pp to spend

Base Attack +1 [2pp]

Base Defense +1 [2pp]

11pp left

Device 1 --> Device 2 [3pp] edits to device will come later

8pp left

+1 will

7pp left

Acrobatics +2 ranks [.5pp]

Knowledge Tactics +2 ranks [.5pp]

Notice +2 ranks [.5pp]

Sense Motive +2 ranks [.5pp]

Diplomacy +4 ranks [1pp]

4pp left

Constitution +2 [2pp]

Wisdom +2 [2pp]

Done.

Please change the lance to read:

Strike 5 PF: Extended Reach 1, Indirect 1, Affects Insubstantial 1

AP: Blast 4

AP: Trip 5 PF: Indirect 1, Affects Insubstantial 1

(I think these numbers are right. If not let me know and I will fix them, I do not currently have my books with me.)

added abilities:

Extended reach: Lancer can now take full advantage of the length of the lance.

Indirect: by swinging it around different portions of his body he is able to attack from unusual directions with the lance

Affects Insubstantial: Lancer has learned to focus some of the ancient power of the weapon and can now strike at things a normal lance would pass right through.

Trip: Lancer can swing the lance at his opponents feet in order to trip them up.

As the Lancer trains and gets more powerful in and of himself, he manages to unlock more features of the lance.

Done by Sandman XI

As stated hereand here, I have some work to do:

Therefore, please remove the *Secret complication from CapK's character sheet. I would like to drop Benefit (Wealth) 2 after hiring that lawyer. As per the the Secret complication kicking in before it gets dropped.

I may end up using those points towards a hideout in the near future, but as I am still in the slammer that will have to wait. just log the points for now.

Gain:

- Complication * Media Buff (Will go out of his way to get himself on “the evening news,†so to speak.)

- Complication * Struggling (Currently living on whatever he can steal or take by force)

- Complication * Confrontational (Will attack members of FC police force just because they are present)

- Complication * Public ID (Freedom City knows who he REALLY is)

- Complication * Criminal Record (Charged with aggravated assault, hate crime, and terrorism)

The reasoning for all of these edits are placed in the links above.

God I love characters with LOTS of complications :D

Done by Sandman XI

I would like to make the following edits to Captain Knievel.

Captain Knievel is going to establish a hideout for himself. I will be spending the two points of benefits that I lost on two points of equipment to afford the HQ. These edits should be effective a short time after his Trial assuming he escapes during the proceedings (a few days or so afterward should be appropriate, I think)

Captain Knievel's HQ will be a Warehouse in Greenbank (not far from the waterfront, and the end of the train tracks)

I would like to cut the binoculars out of Captain Knievel's current list of equipment, as I cannot remember ever using them.

The official edit:

Equipment +2 [2pp]

That being said, his equipment will be as follows:

":cjel2y6y]

Comm Link

Costume - Protection 3

And the HQ will be:

":cjel2y6y]

Size: Medium, Toughness: 10. Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense Systems, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security System 2

Defense System: Blast 11 Extras: Autofire 3

I am thinking Captain Knievel might have Malice drop by and install a multitude of laser beams and machine guns to put holes in anyone whole decides to invade. I may entertain the idea of having a thread for that, I am not sure. But That is going to wait until after the shenanigans with his house blowing up is taken care of.

Alright... First things first... Pompadour has fallen afoul "skill caps" and I need to make a fix there.

Reduce Attractive 3 to Attractive 2. Use that point to buy Wealth 1.

My Diplomacy is Rank 2 but with (attractive +8 and Wealth +2) my cap is 11, so shift one rank of Diplomacy into Bluff.

Pompadour has 4pp to spend.

Under Powers, put

Enhanced Charisma 6 (Super Hawt, Flaw: Limited to those who might find him attractive, Limited to Diplomacy and Bluff) [2]

Justification: This is a stat-side modeling of the Attractive Feat, only taken here to represent that Pompadour is in fact superhumanly attractive.

Also under powers, put:

Immunity (aging, disease, limited to half effect) [1]

Justification: The process that gave Pompadour his superhuman powers included extreme treatments to slow the effects of aging, and eliminate such common bacterial and viral effects as gingivitis, halitosis, acne and others.

Skill increases:

1 rank Perform (stringed)

1 rank Perform (singing)

1 rank Gather Information 1 (+3, +2 Wealthy)

1 rank Intimidate

:arrow: people seem to be getting in his face a lot this month... and he's learning the technique and to fight it.

:arrow: Pompadour is as interested in being a musician as being a superhero, so he'll be pushing his Perform skills, and practicing a fair bit while off-panel.

After doing some thinking, I would like to add the following Complication to Breakdown

I Wonder What's Playing: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, roll a die to determine which form Breakdown begins combat in. (If there are a disproportionate number of forms, select which ones have numerical priority) - 4 forms: 25% chance each.

Justification: Eddie has multiple forms. They are determined by what music he is currently listening to. Eddie is a pretty big fan of listening to his iPOD on shuffle (or any random music radio station). I will make an attempt to state which songs or genre's he is currently listening to, but I know I will not be able to do this all of the time. Especially if I get blindsided with the start of a combat. That being said, to be fair, I believe that Eddie should be able to start every combat in one of his forms due to his other complication: "Addiction: Listens to music CONSTANTLY." This gives him a fair way to begin every combat in one of his forms. It also means that I can't just arbitrarily pick whichever one is best for the given situation, and that seems rather appropriate, because you really never know what's going to come up on random shuffle...

Also, Please update his play list to include:

Rock:

Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

At regeneration 3, bruised/unconscious will be considered no action, meaning I recover automatically. Furthermore, I will only stay dead for 5 hours.

Incorrect: Regen from Unconscious/No action would take all 3 ranks. It won't affect your Resurrection time; each condition needs its own ranks. To do as you describe would require a total of Regeneration 6 (unconscious 3, resurrection 3).

In addition, I'm very, very leery of allowing regeneration from unconsciousness, as that means it will take some exotic methods to KO you for more than a round.