Character Edits, v4

The Scarab Version 2.0

I've spent The Scarab's earned power points, and shifted around about 10PP worth of traits. After discussion with a couple of the Refs, I decided to scale back her combat traits a bit in order to expand on some of her non-combat abilities.

I dropped Speed of Thought, dropped her Saves back down to their starting levels (I had only increased them by 1 rank anyway), dropped a couple ranks off her Force Field, and dropped a few points from her Psionic Array, lowering her attack powers by 1 rank each. (I'll probably buy all this back with next month's PP award.)

The "Benefit (Legacy)" feat is something I discussed with a couple of the Refs. Basically, it's meant to account for any special benefits that might or have come up as a result of playing a legacy character, and this legacy. I've already had NPCs "recognize" me from previous incarnations, or by reputation in "mystic" circles. I found mention in more than one supplement that The Scarab knew (and was known by) the secret IDs of The Beacon and the entire Silver Age Freedom League, and I've been acting accordingly in my IC posts. Even the game supplement devoted to my HQ describes all sorts of idiosyncrasies not paid for in the actual build (taken from the same book, so It's Not My Fault): it's filled with a priceless collection of antiques, the holding cells are cylinders surrounded on all sides by solid rock and accessible only by the teleporter, it's keyed into the same teleportal network as the Lighthouse and Centurion's Sanctum, etc.

None of the books detailing the suggested templates for The Scarab suggest taking a Benefit feat purely for the legacy itself, but I feel as though all the history tied up in it is worth a power point. It's worth a power point to know things that aren't a matter of public record, and to be known. If nothing else, it could prevent arguments in the future.

I made her Telekinesis Perception-range, for several reasons. It fits better thematically with the rest of the array, which are all Perception powers as well. I saw a debate raging on the Atomic Think Tank about Perception attacks. The general consensus was that all the disadvantages of a Perception attack (no tradeoffs/feats, foiled by Concealment/Obscure, etc.) are offset when they're arrayed with non-Perception powers. So this setup should be more balanced. It's more convenient, because she doesn't have to make an attack roll to pick up an object, only to throw it. Since it takes a full action to pick up and throw an object, her TK takes the same amount of time to use as her other attack powers.

I also dropped the Accurate feats from her TK, and purchased Attack Specialization instead.

In combat, she's a perfectly-balanced PL10 now, offensively and defensively, with no tradeoffs. I've decided I'm OK with lagging a PL behind in order to concentrate in other areas.

I purchased the Comprehend Languages power, to reflect both her telepathic ability to "transcend language barriers" and her accumulated knowledge from 5,000 years of steady reincarnation. I figure just about every language on Earth was her "native tongue" at one point or another. And burning a Hero Point for 5 ranks of Languages every time just doesn't seem feasible. Since she has Comprehend outside of an array now, I dropped the Comprehend component of her Telepathy, and the skill rank in "Language (Egyptian)." I kept the rank in Spanish, since she learned it before she "awakened."

I made a slightly more concerted effort to make sure she has actual ranks in career-related skills she learned before "awakening." I also increased her Intelligence and Wisdom slightly, while slightly decreasing some of the derived traits. Her Will Save and skills are pretty much at the same level they always were, but now she'll get more mileage out of her Beginners Luck and Jack of All Trades feats (the difference between +4 and +5 is a major one, since those DCs tend to come in nice round multiples of 5).

I got rid of the Enhanced Feats and Enhanced Skills. I just folded them up into her normal traits.

I restructured her power array. The ESP/Telepathy hybrid abomination is gone. Instead, ESP and Telepathy just share an array slot, without being Linked. Any balance issues have been addressed, as the Telepathy in this slot has Mind Reading at only rank 1. It's enough for voluntary communication, but not enough to initiate mind probes or mental grapples at ESP range.

I also changed the Concealment + Telepathy slot, to a self-only Concealment, sharing a slot with a little bit of Telekinesis and Telepathy. Not enough for combat, but sufficient for communication and basic interaction. That is pretty much her "default" array slot, the one she's likely to have active when she first shows up to a scene. I'll leave the Affects Others Concealment for power stunts.

All in all, I think this build is a little more "simple," and a little more "honest."

I also did a lot of general clean-up. I edited some of the out-dated bullet-points at the bottom, made the formatting more consistent throughout the sheet, moved some stuff around, and corrected a few math errors and typos. I've set this up so that whichever Ref draws the short straw can just "Edit" this post and copy/paste the text below into the "crunchy" half of my character sheet.

Abilities [-2-2+0+10+10+4=20PP]

Strength 08 (-1)

Dexterity 08 (-1)

Constitution 10 (+0)

Intelligence 20 (+5)

Wisdom 20 (+5)

Charisma 14 (+2)

Combat [8+8=16PP]

Attack: +4, +10 Telekinesis (Attack Specialization 3/+6)

Grapple: +3 (ATK +4, STR -1), +20 Telekinesis (Perception TK Rank 10)

Damage: -1 Unarmed, +10 Powers

Defense: +10 (+4 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5 Costume & Force Field; -4 Force Field; -1 Costume; -0 Nothing

Initiative: -1

Saving Throws [4+5+10=19PP]

Toughness: +10 Costume & Force Field; +8 Force Field; +2 Costume; +0 Nothing

Fortitude: +4 (+0 Con, +4)

Reflex: +4 (-1 Dex, +5)

Will: +15 (+5 Wis, +10)

Skills [15PP (60 Ranks)]

Concentrate 10 (+15)

Knowledge (Business) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (Civics) 1 (+6)

Knowledge (History) 1 (+6; Skill Mastery)

Language 1 (English, Spanish)

Notice 15 (+20; Skill Mastery)

Profession (Lawyer) 1 (+6) (+1 Wealth)

Search 15 (+20; Skill Mastery)

Sense Motive 15 (+20; Skill Mastery)

(All STR Skills) -1 (0)

(All DEX Skills) -1 (0)

(All INT Skills) +5 (0)

(All WIS Skills) +5 (0)

(All CHA Skills) +2 (0)

Feats [22PP]

Attack Specialization (Telekinesis) 3

Beginners Luck

Benefit (Legacy)

Benefit (Wealth) 4 (+16 Wealth, Total Wealth +25)

Connected (Sofia Cruz)

Dodge Focus 6

Equipment 4

Jack of All Trades

Skill Mastery (Knowledge [History], Notice, Search, Sense Motive)

Powers [6+4+7+10+11+39=77PP]

Comprehend 3 (Languages 3 [Read/Write Any, Speak Any, Understand Any]) [6PP]

Device 1 (Costume, 5PP, Hard-To-Lose) [4PP]

Flight 3 (50MPH / 500ft per Move; Feats: Subtle) [7PP]

Force Field 8 (Feats: Selective, Subtle) [10PP]

Super-Senses 11 (Mental Awareness [Mental], Danger Sense [Mental], Postcognition, Precognition, Uncanny Dodge [Mental]) [11PP]

Psionics 16 (32PP Array; Feats: Alternate Power 7) [39PP]

Base Power: Telepathy 10 (Effects: Linked Communication 10 [Mental, 200,000 miles] + Mind Reading 10 [Extras: Action {Free/Full}], Feats: Subtle)

[1(31)PP]

Note: Since the Communication is Subtle, an observer with the appropriate Super-Senses can make a DC20 Notice check to detect the telepathic transmission, but they cannot "overhear" the information being exchanged.

Alternate Power #1: Concealment 10 & Telekinesis 2 & Telepathy 9

[1(32)PP]

Concealment 10 (All Senses, Feats: Close Range, Selective, Flaws: Phantasm)

[12PP]

Telekinesis 2 (STR 10, Feats: Precise, Subtle, Extras: Range [Perception])

[8PP]

Telepathy 9 (Effects: Linked Communication 9 [Mental, 20,000 miles] + Mind Reading 1 [Extras: Action {Free/Full}], Feats: Subtle)

[12PP]

Alternate Power #2: ESP 6 & Telepathy 6

[1(31)PP]

ESP 6 (Visual + Audio Senses, 20 miles, Feats: Rapid 3 [x1,000], Subtle, Extras: Duration [sustained], Simultaneous, Flaws: Action 2 [Full])

[22PP]

Note: Since the ESP is Subtle, observed parties get a DC26 Notice check (20+Rank) to detect the scrying, or DC16 (10+Rank) if they possess the appropriate Super-Senses.

Telepathy 6 (Effects: Linked Communication 6 [Mental, 20 miles] + Mind Reading 1 [Extras: Action {Free/Full}], Feats: Subtle)

[9PP]

Alternate Power #3: Mental Blast 10 (Effects: Damage, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

[1(31)PP]

Alternate Power #4: Mind Control 10 (Feats: Mental Link, Subtle, Extras: Conscious, Instant Command, Flaws: Action [Full])

[1(32)PP]

Alternate Power #5: Stun 10 (Feats: Sedation, Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Mental, Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

[1(32)PP]

Alternate Power #6: Telekinesis 10 (STR 50, Feats: Precise, Subtle, Extras: Range [Perception])

[1(32)PP]

Alternate Power #7: Transform 10 (Memory, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Alternate Save [Will], Duration [Continuous], Mental, Range [Perception], Flaws: Action [Full])

[1(31)PP]

Power Descriptors:

Enlightenment, Ka, Mental, Past-Life Memory, Psionic, Psychic, Reincarnation, Telekinetic, Telepathic

Special Effects:

All her powers are either Subtle and/or Sensory, so by default there are no "special effects." However, when she chooses not to use the Subtle feat, her power use creates red and gold glowing auras and translucent images of ankhs and swarms of scarab beetles.

It's All In Your Head:

Most of her powers either have the "Mental" extra or the "Phantasm" flaw. This re-classifies them as "Sensory (Mental) Effects" - Mental Blast is a Sensory as well as Attack effect, and Transform is a Sensory as well as Alteration effect. Anyone with the 10PP Immunity to Mental Effects is completely unaffected by them, as is anything without 1+ in INT, WIS, and CHA, or anyone with a high enough ranks in Impervious Will Save or Mind Shield.

Mental effects are not Noticeable by default to anyone but the subject and observers with the appropriate Super-Senses (some kind of ranged Mental sense). Unless otherwise noted, Subtle Mental effects require a DC20 Notice check for even the subject or observers with Super-Senses to detect.

DC Block

ATTACK                         RANGE         SAVE                       TYPE

Unarmed                        Melee         DC14 Toughness (Staged)    Bruise/Injury

Mental Blast                   Perception    DC25 Will (Staged)         Bruise/Injury

Mind Control                   Perception    DC(D20+10) Will            Special

Mind Reading                   Perception    DC(D20+10) Will            Special

Stun                           Perception    DC20 Will (Staged)         Daze/Stun/Unconscious

Telekinesis (Thrown Object)    Perception    DC25 Toughness (Staged)    Bruise/Injury

Transform                      Perception    DC20 Will                  Special

Abilities 20 + Combat 16 + Saving Throws 19 + Skills 15 + Feats 22 + Powers 77 = 169 Power Points

Device

Costume: Enhanced Feats 1 (Quick Change), Immunity 2 (Cold Environments, Hot Environments), Protection 2

After reclaiming her Lair, Elena put together a makeshift disguise and flew to the Goodman Building, where she commissioned a custom-designed (and very expensive) morphic-molecule suit from Dr. Atom. The suit provides armor plating and temperature regulation, but its most useful feature is its ability to reconfigure its shape and volume to that of a set of "normal" undergarments, and back again. This feature helps Elena react quickly to situations quickly, assuming her costumed identity in a matter of seconds.

The Scarab's Lair (HQ): Size: Huge [3EP], Toughness: +15 [2EP], Features: Communications, Computers, Concealed 2 (DC+15), Fire Prevention System, Gym, Holding Cells (Nullify), Infirmary, Library, Living Space, Power (Teleport), Power System, Security System 3 (DC30) [15EP]

3 + 2 + 15 = 20EP

20/5 = 4PP

The Scarab's Lair is an underground pyramid buried beneath the foundations of Pyramid Plaza. Though decorated with an Ancient Egyptian motif, those aged facades conceal the highly advanced technology that maintains the entire complex. The Lair is detailed in Freedom City Atlas #2, and this thread.

Connected:

Sofia Cruz's stats are here.

Ms. Cruz is the current C.E.O. of the Rhodes Foundation, and trusted retainer of The Scarab. Her mother, Maria Hernandez, was the personal assistant of the late Alexander Rhodes, one of the few people who knew his secret identity. Like her mother before her, Sofia acted as caretaker for both The Scarab's Lair and the controlling interest in the Foundation, awaiting his next reincarnation. She is Elena's most trusted and valued ally.

:arrow: At last, at long last, after months of tweaking and fine-tuning, after many difficult and painful choices, I submit the first draft of the latest incarnation of Prince Heru-Ra. The Eternal Champion meets Doctor Fate meets Hawkman meets Batman - you gotta love The Scarab. In my case, I've tried to answer the question "What if Renee Montoya had become the new Doctor Fate instead of The Question?"

:arrow: To create this character, I consulted Mutants & Masterminds 2E, Ultimate Power, Freedom City 2E, Freedom City Archetypes & Legacies, Worlds of Freedom, and Freedom City Atlas #1-2. I ordered a discount copy of M&M Annual 1, in case the 1stEd write-up of Alexander Rhodes can give me any additional insights, but it hasn't arrived yet. :cry: (EDIT: It finally arrived, and the Annual gives more insight into the changing fashion trends of the Star Knights than it does into The Scarab.) Chances are good the upcoming Silver Age book will provide 2ndEd stats for him, but no release date has been announced yet. Most of those books contain suggestions and examples for building an incarnation of The Scarab. They all also state quite clearly that, like all the other templates in the setting books, they are suggestions, not straitjackets, and that players and GMs should feel free to expand and customize as they see fit. While I've differed from the base template in some details, I think I've preserved the spirit of the concept.

:arrow: "Guerrero" is Spanish for "Warrior." Yes, this is an intentional case of Prophetic Naming.

"Locusta" was the name of Emperor Nero's favored poisoner/assassin. The town of Santa Lucia, California is fictional, but the saint in question is real, and there are about a dozen cities named for her throughout Latin America.

:arrow: FC Atlas #2 offers up a build for The Scarab's Lair (which I have followed exactly), along with maps and detailed descriptions.

:arrow: I decided to play a Latina, despite being one of The Whitest Boys U Know, because, as a general rule, superhero comics are a white-washed sausage-fest. Renee Montoya was an obvious inspiration, as she is also a Latina vigilante. But there's all of maybe 3 Hispanic characters in comics overall (The Question II, Echo, and...um...uh...). With that small a demographic, such comparisons are inevitable.

Also, here's a female PC without the Attractive feat! (Is that even allowed?) Mark the freaking calendar...

:arrow: The in-costume picture is from the near-future Scarab featured in World of Freedom. I used it because, despite depicting a male character, it quite simply looks totally Bad Ass. I was going for something less Stripperific than the usual female superhero fare - there are no Breast Plates.

:arrow: Other source material I ripped off for Elena's backstory includes the (fantastic) film Runaway Jury, the novel The Empty Chair, and a couple episodes of Early Edition. Looking back on it, I can definitely see Spider-Man's influence on her character development. A parallel could be drawn to the Ultraverse series Mantra, since it's a comic about a constantly-reincarnating warrior-mage coming back as a woman, but I think the similarities are purely superficial.

:arrow: Yes, I know that Constitution is an incredibly efficient Ability. I know that, for the same 8 points I'm spending on Fort Save +4 and Force Field +4, I could get CON 18 (+4), and get the Recovery bonus. But I'd feel wrong about making a clumsy, weak character with the health and endurance of an Olympian. She's not a very physical person, so I feel the current build is more true to the concept.

Done by Sandman XI

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 points for Wesley:

Dodge Focus 1

10 points for Wesley:

Enhanced Constitution +2

8 points for Wesley:

Move all the powers in the array up to 14

5 points for Wesley:

Give all powers in the array Accurate 3

4 points for Wesley:

AP: Healing 14 (Extra: Range/Ranged; Power Feats: Accurate 3, Precise 2)

3 points for Wesley:

AP: Transform 14 (living/living; Extra: Duration/Continuous; Flaws: Action/Full Round, Range/Touch; Power Feat: Accurate 3, Precise 1)

2 points for Wesley:

Knowledge (streetwise) 5

Notice 1

Sense Motive 2

0 points for Wesley:

Power Loss (Transform; must touch epidermis of target; -1pp)

1 point left for Wesley

Also, you can remove the Struggling complication. He has work. He has a place to stay. He's not struggling :D

Updated by Doc

I've been doing some thinking. (Always a bad Idea!)

Captain Knievel went up a PL two months ago now. However, I am just now getting around to updating his caps. With the way I have been playing my character, He has been play much more towards being an agile fighter than I though he would. Admittedly, when I made the character, I did not know nearly as much as I do now about the game, but more to the point, I didn't know how I would end up playing him. That being said, I would like to discuss the possibility of making the following edit:

I had originally set his defensive caps at +2DEF/-2TOUGH.

I would like to have that changed to +3DEF/-3TOUGH.

I previously made a similar change to his offensive caps to reflect him becoming more of a skillful fighter, I would like this edit to be along the same general avenue. This also serves another purpose for me. That is that if this edit can go through, his current toughness save will still be maxed out at caps. It does however leave me some room for expansion on his defensive abilities, which I plan to take advantage of when I get more power points. I figured with (somewhat) recent jump in PL this was as good a time as any to make this update. However, I am prepared to make any IC posts any judge may feel is necessary to capture the essence of this update.

Thanks all!

Done by Sandman XI

Some big edits here. I discussed this idea with Sand, of having Prodigy gain a Jekyll/Hyde transformation. So what we’re planning to do is have prodigy and quark be working on an experiment, when something goes wrong resulting in prodigy being exposed to hazardous chemicals/radiation/ other science-y things. The result will be Prodigy gaining an uncontrolled transformation triggered by loss of consciousness, in which her subconscious mind takes over in the form of the hulk like Miz. The stat additions are as listed below.

Please add this pic to Prodigy's appearance

Elaine___Smile_In_The_Dark_by_molin.jpg

Please add this to Prodigy’s powers

Morph (mutagenic Dreamstate manifestation, Extra: Metamorph)[2]

And these to the drawback section.

Drawbacks: 4

Drawback (One way transformation: Prodigy can only shift forms from a natural REM sleep, and Miz will always shift back into Prodigy when Prodigy would natural awaken (Common, Moderate [3]) and the Transformation is invoulentary(DC10) [1]) [-4]

thanks

Some big edits here. I discussed this idea with Sand, of having Prodigy gain a Jekyll/Hyde transformation. So what we’re planning to do is have prodigy and quark be working on an experiment, when something goes wrong resulting in prodigy being exposed to hazardous chemicals/radiation/ other science-y things. The result will be Prodigy gaining an uncontrolled transformation triggered by loss of consciousness, in which her subconscious mind takes over in the form of the hulk like Miz. The stat additions are as listed below.

[snip]

thanks

I'd prefer to wait until after that thread's done before adding all that.

Also, I'd prefer if all the Refs weighed in on that big a change before allowing it.

EDIT: Also, how can Miz have Regen from unconscious when she switches back to Prodigy when KO'd?

Ok, I thought I should do the thread first. Sand said I should get the changes approved first. Either way is fine.

As for the regen, if she didnt have regenration from being KOed, than when Sarah changed after being KOed, Miz would aso be KOed and it wouldnt do anyhting. This way, Sarah changes, heals, then Miz wakes up. If Miz gets KOed, she changes back next round before regeneration kicks in.

Maze, a majority of the Refs have weighed in and do not like your idea.

First, the Metamorph power is statted wrong: per our House Rules, increasing the Action required to use Morph is a drawback, not a Flaw. (Cost actually works out the same, but it's still written wrong.)

Second, the concern that it's not a Jekyll/Hyde, Banner/Hulk thing, it's a... Reed Richards/Hulk thing. Also, the "if my main superpowered character gets knocked out, I immediately become a second superpowered character which is more likely to be able to kick your butt" thing (regen from unconscious can be problematic even without being tied to Metamorph and gaining a differently-powered form).

k changed some things

Drawback (One way transformation: Prodigy can only shift forms from a natural REM sleep, and Miz will always shift back into Prodigy when Prodigy would natural awaken (Common, Moderate [3]) and the Transformation is invoulentary(DC10) [1]) [-4]

k changed some things

Not exactly thrilled with that, either.

You have one simple-minded bruiser already. Why are you turning Prodigy into one?

4 tasty unspent pps for Doc.

3 feats

1 for Beginner's Luck

1 for Second Chance (Craft [Chemical] checks)

1 for a second rank in Skill Mastery, making it Skill Mastery 2 (Computers, Craft [chemical, electronic, mechanical], Disable Device, Knowledge [life sciences, physical sciences, technology]). (Added Craft/Chemical and the three Knowledges)

1pp in Skills

1 rank each in the three Crafts, and 1 rank in Knowledge/Technology. They should then look like this

Craft (chemical) 12 (+17, +23 at HQ or with E.S.; +22/+28 w/ Enhanced Int)

Craft (electronics) 12 (+17, +23 at HQ or with E.S.; +22/+28 w/ Enhanced Int)

Craft (mechanical) 12 (+17, +23 at HQ or with E.S.; +22/+28 w/ Enhanced Int)

Knowledge (technology) 12 (+17, +23 at HQ or with E.S.; +22/+28 w/ Enhanced Int)

Done by Sandman XI

You have one simple-minded bruiser already. Why are you turning Prodigy into one?

Because I want to, because I think it would be fun, and because I think I made prodigy to...bland. She needs something more to stimulate her RPing

what exactly is the problem with the morph idea? Or rather, what would you be comfortable with, since you havnt liked either ideapresented so far

I dont see how this is such a big deal.I wanted to take my character in a new direction. Why is that such a problem?

Because A) it's not a new direction, it's the same direction your other character is headed in, B) adding a new char sheet -- which is what Metamorph does -- would require that sheet to be as throughly approved as any other PC, so it's a change that will take a lot of time, and C) it goes against lots of things you were talking about in the approval thread for Prodigy: how her shtick is her intelligence, how you like doing different characters and don't like overused ideas, and how you have a lot of ideas of where to take this character and how to RP her.

M'Lord Judge, Doctor Archeville, if I may? Lord Barrister Fell for the Defendant. *harumph* Yes, I know this is highly unusual, but I've chatted about this case with yon Maze and feel compelled to take it, pro bono. If I may...

First, I would like to contrast the character Jen'la to the proposed metamorph Miz. Jen'la is a noble savage, with limited understanding of this world. In this case, her being a savage has to do with her warrior background, and being essentially a primitive. Her character arc will be learning about the world, losing her primitive status, and redefining herself as a warrior or better, a hero in this world. On the other hand, Miz is ignoble, with a thorough and cynical understanding of the world. She is not strictly speaking a savage, in a berserker sense. It would be more accurate to say that Miz is the Id to Prodigy's Ego. Miz will do the things that Prodigy unconsciously wants to do... she might stomp a teacher's car flat, because that teacher criticized Prodigy. She might eat an entire roast pig, because all Prodigy eats are Tasteless Complete Meals. Miz might date the entire football team, because Prodigy is too caught up in being a super genius to notice boys, even if she has hormonal responses to their pheremones.

Secondly, Miz becomes a foil to Prodigy. At first this development to the character will be a mystery. Strange dreams of doing things entirely unlike her will start to plague Prodigy, as Miz starts to plague Claremont. Sooner or later, Prodigy will be forced to confront herself. Why does my alter-ego get up in the middle of the night, to go out and party, pick fights, get drunk, eat greasy foods and kiss greasier boys??? Answer... because that's what Prodigy wants to do. O rly? Ya rly. No wai. Ya wai! ... Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

It's also worth noting that the 'Miz Development' is part of a thread planned out ahead by Sandman and Maze for their characters Quark and Prodigy. Personally, I see Miz's genesis working as a catalyst between a budding romance between those two -Quark and Prodigy being a natural fit, as partners, each is one of the few potential mates smart enough to engage the other. It would also be disappointing for a planned thread to be canceled, because Miz isn't approved. I have a vision of Quark waking up in a panic, with Miz pinning him to his bed. "You're a cute little baker," the giantess purred "and I'd like my muffin buttered." "Kitchen. Main Floor. Please don't hurt me." Squeaked Quark.

Finally Sir, I appeal to your sense of fun. Maze thought that this would be a fun development for Prodigy... and that is a compelling reason to allow it.

Miz definitely needs a new thread for approval, so Maze will need to start one. Alternatively, as a character that only appears at nights, and only occasionally, allow the planned thread in which Miz appears to terrorize Claremont, but soft-stat the character much as a non-recurring NPC. Miz may or may not appear to complicate Prodigy(and Quark)'s life often enough to merit stats.

Maze's idea to have Miz as a Ref-controlled NPC is currently under consideration.

Another edit for Doc: he gained a PL, and so did his HQ.

[*:3td82rsm]Change "Defense System (Snare 12, +12 to hit)" to "Defense System (Snare 12 [PFs], +13 to hit)" His work with Dark Star, as well as some 'mythological' advice from scarab, has allowed him to alter his capturefoam projectors so they can ensnare most incorporeal targets.
    [*:3td82rsm]Change Power no.1 to add Enhanced Feats 1 (Well-Connected) 4r of Gather Information.
    [*:3td82rsm]Change Power no. 2 to add extended and radius to the detect mutant powers super-senses.

Easy way: replace the existing Powers under his HQ with this:

Power no.1: Enhanced Feats 1 (Well Connected) plus Enhanced Skills 100 (+4r to Gather Information, and +6r to Computers, Craft/Chemical, Craft/Electrical, Craft/Mechanical, Craft/Structural, Disable Device, Investigation, Knowledge/Behavioral Sciences, Knowledge/Civics, Knowledge/Current Events, Knowledge/Earth Sciences, Knowledge/Life Sciences, Knowledge/Physical Sciences, Knowledge/Popular Culture, Knowledge/Technology, and Medicine; Useable By Others) (“Cutting-Edge Equipment, Uber-RSS Feeds, and Masterful Libraries”) [1+25=26pp]

Power no.2: Super-Senses 28 (communication link [with Archeville's electromagnetic screwdriver], acute analytical extended 2 radius ranged tracking detect energy [radio sense], acute analytical extnded radius ranged detect mutant powers, acute analytical detect time, microscopic vision 4, acute analytical precognition [Flaw: Only for predicting macro-scale trends and behaviors]) [1+8+6+3+4+4=26pp]

Done by Sandman XI

Maze's idea to have Miz as a Ref-controlled NPC is currently under consideration.

Um, I didnt want her to be ref controlled. After All the effort to get this far, I really really, am against making this character I'll never get to use. Cant she just be Teir 2?

I'd like to have White Rook converted to a Tier 2 NPC (losing that unspent pp, I believe), and probably her one thread 'Looking Down on Creation' can be locked, as I think it's completely dead by my own hand.

Converted by Doc.