The Great Genderswitch Caper [OOC]

Ecalsneerg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my! I trust that there's an HP for my Complication in the works? :)

Probably ;) You've still yet to indicate whether or not Jill's giving any blood or not. (Or, for that matter, whether or nor Jill is capable of urinating. She can if Jack's type of vampire can eat normal food, otherwise that part of her 'plumbing' dried up years ago.)

To make matters even worse, he'd ended up having to make several attempts before coming up with the idea of a vacuum sealed, titanium allow syringe. With no oxygen available and made of a very heat-resistant material, the implement had finally taken from her what no other doctor had managed before.

Several attempts? I'd think he would've figured out something during the first time he had Hellbound in his home ;)

(Speaking of, I'm still waiting for an answer from you in that OOC thread.)

What Doc is (Currently) Testing For

* To see if we've really been turned into women (from XY to XX), or if something else is going on (like we went from XY to XXY or X-).

* If we do have new X chromosomes, if they're identical to our existing X chromosomes, if the Y was 'stretched' into a new X, or something else.

* Any trace of residual radiation common to all samples which would be from the weapon, which could lead to figuring out how it was done.

What Doc is (Currently) Testing For

* To see if we've really been turned into women (from XY to XX), or if something else is going on (like we went from XY to XXY or X-).

* If we do have new X chromosomes, if they're identical to our existing X chromosomes, if the Y was 'stretched' into a new X, or something else.

* Any trace of residual radiation common to all samples which would be from the weapon, which could lead to figuring out how it was done.

Lucky I'm a biologist, ain't it? :P I'd say all that would be Life Science rolls.

Damn you and your science.

Looking in the nuclei of each of the blood cell samples, it's apparent that the y-chromosomes of each cell have been subtly altered so that each has grown to an x-chromosome containing the usual information this entails. However, the growth is visibly different to the original genetic material, and thus easily distinguished from the newly-formed x chromosomal material.

See above.

Low frequency radiation of some form just outside the electromagnetic spectrum appears to emit from the newly-formed material. This radiation seems to pass harmlessly through all tissue except for any cells still containing a y-chromosome, where it seems to be absorbed into the chromosome forcing it to grow the additional x-section. Curiously, in Geckolass's blood, her cells seem to attack the newly-formed material, only for the radiation to immediately trigger a regrowth. A quick scan would indicate this frequency to be emitted from some point to the south, but an exact location could not be gleaned. Any radiation passing outwith the samples seems to slowly dissipate.

If anyone else's blood or urine would have distinctive radiation or some other complicating feature, feel free to make up some technobabble.

The purpose of that Obscure was so that Gecko & Wes cannot hear what Avenger or Doc have been saying. Which is why I kept saying "you two hear nothing." :P

Also, am I the only one who finds Wesley's yellow text impossible to read? Might I suggest a nice green color, the same color his eyes glow when using his life-sense?

• 2 weeks later...