Mythical Saturday

Sidetrack turned at the last minute as Grimalkin struck, Grimalkin's claws skating along her skin just deep enough to hurt. "Argh!" A look of angry panic on her face, she dropped to her feet and grabbed her unconscious girlfriend. "That's it! When we come back, we're going to kill you all!" And with that, she vanished in a sudden flash of light, the two battered mercenaries looking more than ready to get far, far away from their antagonists. That left Grimalkin and Divine surrounded by the wounded and still-blinded, where only a few people had yet recovered from the awesome shock of Sidetrack and Targette's arrival.

Suddenly Lynn reappears, wearing what looks like black leather biker gear; everyone in the bar already saw her, so the thought of suddenly sporting a domino mask seems kind of insulting, but she feels that something more heroic is called for now. She peers around the trashed pub, claws still out in case the villains reappear.

"Damn. Is everyone okay? Does anyone need a doctor? What am I thinkin', I'm just gonna call the cops right now."

She flips out her cell and rapidly dials.

"Yeah, hi. I wanna report a violent altercation involving two subjects at Morley's in the West End; you should send a squad car, ambulance and the fire department, y'know, just in case. I'm sorry, what? No, just a concerned citizen. G'bye."

The phone is gone in the blink of an eye, and Lynn shudders.

"Don't like cops, probably never will."

The young shapeshifter sighs and puts her hands on her hips.

"Mmm, this is my least favorite part; waitin' on da fuzz. Do you mind if I split, or do you really want me to stay? I mean, Ill help out with the cleaning and stuff, but cops just make me nervous."

"Thank you, Lynn."

"Ah, it's nothing- oh, it's a hug, it's a...big girl hug."

Lynn somewhat awkwardly pats Moira on the back; she's never been much of a hugger but she appreciates the sentiment, and tries not to be too stiff.

"Your costume looks familiar. Do you have a codename or something of the sort? As you know from those magazines, they call me Divine."

The brunette heroine nods appreciatively.

"Yeah, that works real well for you. As for me-"

She stops and looks around, noticing that the pub is almost entirely vacant, as well as seriously trashed.

"Wow, it really cleared out! Whatsamatter, you guys don't want to see hot chicks fighting?"

She chuckles and turns back to Divine.

"Anyway, like I was saying, my crimefighting alias is 'Grimalkin'.

She snaps her fingers, and her clothing shifts, leaving little trails of pale vapor as it does, until it forms into her costume.

"Ta-daa!" :D

Moira thought for a second, then like a light going off in her head, she smiled. "Well, it is very nice to meet you, Grimalkin. Sorry you had to comeback to," She pauses and sighs as she looks around. Borken roof, broken pool table, broken pool cue. "This."

"Forgive me for asking," Moira said walking towards the bar, beckoning the hero to sit at a barstool. She walked behind the bar, "You've been gone for a long time. What's been going on? Anything I can get for you?"

"Forgive me for asking, you've been gone for a long time. What's been going on? Anything I can get for you?"

Grim's eyes go wide, and she actually has trouble speaking for a few seconds.

"You, ah...you know me? As in, know of me? Wow."

She deftly picks her way through the rubble and takes the offered stool; she peers at the remaining intact bottles behind the bar, but then stops and bows her head.

"You know what, I lied to your bartender earlier; I'm not twenty-one until June 17th."

Head still down, she flicks up her fingers and is seen to be holding a very official-looking ID that identifies Lynn Epstein as being a 'Federal Poolboy Inspector'.

"See? Neat trick, huh?"

She lifts up her head and rests her chin on her folded arms.

"So, diet Coke will be fine."

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath through her nose.

"Wow, those two were wearing the same perfume; they really are a couple."

Grim's mask dissolves into mist as she idly pokes at some rubble on top of the bar, forming the bits and pieces into neat little rows.

"I was in Seattle, with my boyfriend Ren, aka Nanowire, the sweetest bad guy you ever met."

She rests her head sideways on her arms as she continues.

"Things got a little weird here in FC, and I thought I needed a break; Ren was nice enough to come along for the ride."

She smiles fondly.

"I showed him how to ride the rails; he didn't have to, the dude could fly when he was armored up, but we were laying low and in love, and it was so awesome, watching the scenery whip by the open door of a boxcar. It's so beautiful out West."

Grim seems to be lost in a happy memory, reluctant to continue.

Moira winced at the fact they had served a minor. She smiled and reached under the bar and into the minifridge for a Diet Coke. Putting it on the bar, she grabbed a glass and some ice, then proceeded to mix equals parts ice and soda in the glass. She put the glass in front of Grimalkin, holding it for a bit. "You know, I thank you for helping me save my place tonight. But seriously, I could lose my license over this. Just keep this under your hat." Moira stopped to look at the fake ID when it was presented, laughing at the poolboy inspector joke.

Nodding along woth Grimalkin's story, Moira listened sympathetically. When she was finished she smiled, "It must be. We'll have to talk about that sometime. In fact," she reached under the bar again to pull out business card for Morley's and a pen. She handed the card to Grimalkin after writing her name and a number on it. "Call me any time you need someone to talk to. Or if you need someone to have your back," she winked.

"Call me any time you need someone to talk to. Or if you need someone to have your back," she winked.

Grim sits up and nods.

"Yeah, okay, sure."

She pulls out her cellphone and starts to enter the number.

"Annnnd let's see, what ringtone to use? I think...we'll go...with 'Rollercoaster of Love'. That seems to work, somehow."

The young heroine grins as she takes a sip of Coke.

"Mmm. And hey, sorry about the fake ID; when you lie so much for a living, you kinda do it out of reflex, y'know?"

She holds up her hand in the Boy Scout salute, but then frowns.

"Wait, screw that, it has to be something you believe in, right?"

She switches to the heavy metal 'devil horns'.

"I solemnly swear on the power of rock and/or punk that I will neither buy nor consume booze in your establishment, in any guise, until my twenty-first birthday."

Grim extends her little finger.

"Pinkie swear, let's make this official."

"You have a phone," Moira asked rhetorically as Grimalkin put in the numbers, "May ask your number. As you have mine?" She chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna flood your voice mail with advertisments."

Moira laughed lightly at the 'devilish' antics of Grimalkin. wrapping pinkies with her, she accepted her most holy of promises, "Done and done. Never this oath to break."

"Done and done. Never this oath to break."

After she breaks off the pinkie swear (even Moira's pinkie is strong!), Grim shakes her head apologetically.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, sure thing."

She flips her phone back open, taps a few buttons and holds it out for Divine to copy it into her own phone; once she's got it, Grim snaps it closed again, does a little spin, and fires her 'guns' at the redheaded goddess.

"Okay, I have got to-"

She jabs both thumbs towards the door.

"Split. Old habits die hard; you probably can't hear the sirens yet, but I can, and I just can't stand cops."

She does an elaborate bow, complete with hand flourish down to her toes.

"Riv derchy to ya, Divine Miss M!"

And with that, she's nothing more than a whisper in the night...