Braniacs of Freedom! (ooc)

MarkK

Well Ok, Prodigy has quickness 20, and with the super memory benefit, she cna use herself as a library for knowledge checkes. So if I take 20, I should be able to get at least a 31 in any given knowledge check.

So since she does it 5 million times faster, I should be able to take 20 on multiple knowledge checks, right? Following with that, I'll take 20 on Knowledge (current events) knowledge (history) and knowledge (technology), getting a 31, 33 and 33 respectivly.

Well Ok, Prodigy has quickness 20, and with the super memory benefit, she cna use herself as a library for knowledge checkes. So if I take 20, I should be able to get at least a 31 in any given knowledge check.

So since she does it 5 million times faster, I should be able to take 20 on multiple knowledge checks, right? Following with that, I'll take 20 on Knowledge (current events) knowledge (history) and knowledge (technology), getting a 31, 33 and 33 respectivly.

Then, Daedelus is a superhero of unknown origin who's been with the Freedom League since its founding in the 1960s until 1975, where he left Earth to explore the galaxy in a starship of his own making, the Icarus. He returned around the time of the Terminus invasion, fighting in it, and helping to rebuild the city after it, as well as rejoining the League on its refounding. He's developed or helped develop all the technology the Freedom League uses, from Freedom Hall to the Lighthouse. His technological expertise also helped construct Blackstone Prison. He has a particular facility for robotics, and the android vigilantes the Furies Three are of his making, and the way Talos has yelled at him a few times points to some kind of connection in refurbishing. Some people speculate the current Daedelus is the son of the original guy, as it otherwise looks like, for those paying attention, that he hasn't aged a day since then. Daedelus himself hasn't really commented on the matter.

Were you looking for something more particular?

Annd back! See away thread (short version, been really ill.)

Raylis, hope you don't mind the idea that Daedelus has some interest in your character's superheroic career, I can always change that around if you prefer.

Maze, honestly, it's your show, and everyone's here, so if you want to go ahead with your note of why they're all gathered here today..

Okay, here's the problem, while I have some stuff planned, this was largely intended to be a venue for Maze to have Prodigy present her superbrain society idea. Without them being about, that can't really go.

So, to ask everyone else in thread, do you want to wait it out some more? Do you want me to go ahead with whatever super go go excitement I had in mind to happen? Other?

I PMed Maze to see if s/he'd be coming back. Several folks seem to recently gone quiet, which I attribute to the time of year (end of semester for some, final exams and whatnot).

Hurm... I PMed several absentees, but Maze somehow got skipped. That's been fixed, and s/he's now been PMed.

So, yeah, I say we give it a few more days. Say, until Sunday (May 3rd).

• 3 weeks later...

A selection from Reed Richards Is Useless:

Examined by Warren Ellis in the "Change Or Die" storyline of the Image/WildStorm comic Stormwatch, in which a team of Expy superhumans attempts to radically change the world with their trademark abilities; (Superman) The High shares his ideas on society developed over several decades with his super-brain, (Doctor Strange) The Doctor Breaks the Masquerade by teaching everyone magic, (Iron Man) The Engineer creates an oasis of Nanomachines in Nevada capable of producing food, energy, medicine, and nearly anything else people would need without limit, (Deadman) The Eidolon teaches the world of The Nothing After Death, (Wonder Woman) Wish forcibly declassifies government secrets such as cancer cures, Jet Packs, Alien Abductions, etc. Of course, The Government sends assassins to kill them all, and hits the place with a chemical weapon to destroy the nanotech. The justification for Reed Richards choosing to be Useless is because he doesn't want to be executed.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, how best can I put this, the player who's idea this whole thing was and who wanted to create this organization got banned for being, uhm, freaky, let us say.

Do you guys want me to try and go ahead with this anyway? Want me to restart it? I could refocus it as a project of Emissary's or Daedelus or something like that.

Well, I'd rather honestly remove the elephant in the room, as it were. If this was for instance an Emissary joint, somewhat different initial presentation and mission statement. He'd also be on hand to give a jaunty little introductory speech.

I think I will reboot this sucker, if no one minds, cleanse away the taint.