Concentration 1 (+9)

Craft-Electronic 5 (+12)

Knowledge-Tactics 0 (+7)

Knowledge-Technology 0 (+7)

Notice 10 (+15)

Stealth 3 (+11)

Language 1 (+1)

Feats: 9 PP

Attack Focus Ranged 3 [3pp] (heavy training in using guns and other ranged weapons)

Attack Focus Specialization 3 [3](heavy training in using his sniper rifle)

Hide in Plain Sight 1 [1pp](Stealth Suit)

Inventor [1pp] (Able to take care of his armor and weapons in the field)

Jack-of-All-Trades

Powers: 57pp

Quickness 4 Flaws: limited to mental processes (capable of extremely quick thinking) [2pp]

Speed 1 (10 MPH) [1pp]

Device 7 [28pp – 35 device pp] PF: Restricted 2 (Reiner only); Indestructible [31pp]

Immunity: Life Support (9pp) (Due to his suit being broken, he is not able to use all of its higher functions at the same time) [9pp]

Protection 3 [3pp]

BE: *Base Mode: Enhanced Strength 2 (2pp); Enhanced Constitution 6 (6pp) Enhanced Dexterity 6 (6pp) (14pp; 5 Alternate Powers (5pp) [19pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 1: Invisibility 1 (8pp); Speed 3 (Enhanced Physical Abilities) (1pp); Leaping 3(Enhanced Physical Abilities) [14pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 2: Datalink 10 PF: Cyberspace [11pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 3: Healing 6 PF: Stabilize [13pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 4: Flight 6 PF: Subtle, Move-By-Action [14pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 5: Stun 5 PF: Accurate 4 (13pp) (Through his chest [Think Iron Man]) [14pp]

Speed 2 (Enhnaced Physical Abilites) [2pp]

Leaping 2 (Enhanced Physical Abilites) [2pp]

Changes In Stats and Movement Rates under Suit's Different Modes:

*Base Mode: STR 14 (+2); DEX 26 (+8); CON 18 (+4); Speed 3; Leaping 2

*Alt Mode 1: Regular Stats; Speed 6 (500 MPH); Leaping 5 (x50 1 Round)

*Alt Mode 2: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

*Alt Mode 3: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

*Alt Mode 4: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action); Flight 6 (500 MPH)

*Alt Mode 5: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

Device 5 [20pp – 25 device pp] PF: Restricted 2 (Reiner only); Indestructible [23pp]

Disintegration 5 [25pp]

Drawbacks: -4

Full Power -1 (Disintegration)

Vulnerable (Electricity) [Electric suit + electricity attack = bad] -3 (Very Common; +1 DC)

Complications:

* Ascension (Belittles suggestions from others)

* Prejudice (Human’s are weak, children that do not know how to fend for themselves)

* Responsibility (To inform his kind of Earth)

* Responsibility (To rebuild his reconnaissance fighter ship)

* Responsibility (Repair his suit)

* Secret (Alien from another planet)

DC Block:

“Sniper Rifle†Disintegration – DC15/Fortitude – DC20/Toughness – 5 Damage. -20 or more = atomized.

“Stun Attachment†Stun – DC15/Fortitude – Dazed, -5 Stuns, -10 unconscious

Attributes 38 + Combat 34 + Saves 11 + Skills 5 + Feats 9 + Powers 57 - Drawbacks -4 = 150/150pp

Physical Description:

Gaius Rainer, since his crash landing on Earth, primarily stays in his power suit. Underneath the suit, he has but a generic air space pair of boxers and shirt on to make the suit as comfortable as can be. However, over his travel’s to Freedom City, he was acquired various cloths to wear should be need them.

As for his Terran Tactical Sniper Space Suit, T2S3 for short, it is has the air space force’s colors, black, blue, and grey. A blue lit area on his helmet provides him with a HUD, Heads Up Display, that is activated through cybernetic connections at the base of the spine linked to the suit (Think the Matrix). However, durring his crass landing on Earth, his suit was damaged, and not all of its higher functions can be activated as this point. Along with that, he caries with him his personal Standard Terran Sniper Rifle, the M: IV Mark: II which has been customizing for more performance during the year before he crashed on Earth. Other then that, he also wields a Standard Issue Terran Stun Attachment, which takes a moment to charge, and then releases a stunning shock to all around him from his chest part of his armor.

Background/Origin:

Lieutenant Gaius Rainer

DOB: 11/0/11011

Age, Hephaestus: 26

Age, Earth: 39

Gaius grew up in Hephaestus, galaxies away from Earth. When he was 16, he join the air force, and passed with flying colors but 3 months before there mutant allies betrayed Gaius and his race, a nearly 99.9% similarity to the Human race, and started a galactic war. Now, 8 Hephaestus years later (about 12 Earth years) the war is near an end as the mutants are being whipped out.

However, work of a new super weapon being build by the mutant faction reached the Terran’s, and as many ships that could be spared were sent after it. In a huge battle, the ‘weapon’ was activated, and created a large wormhole. Already knowing of wormhole technology, Gaius’s higher ups commanded his to take a squad through the portal to see where it would take them, for a wormhole of this size was unprecedented. Also, a few of the surviving mutants had escaped through the wormhole, and Gaius was order to kill them on sight, for the risk of them building an army on the other side of the portal.

Once in the Milky Way Galaxy, Gaius and his squad came under fire from the rebel mutants. After much time, most of the mutant ships had been destroyed. However, a large pulse was sent from one of the remaining rebel ships, a suicide measure of sorts, overloading all the ships in the area. Some of the ships became useless, and other’s exploded. However, Gaius’s ship went hay wire, knocked him out through an electric current, also damaging his suit, as it activated a random wormhole jump.

When he awoke, he came to realize that he had barley survived a crash landing on a planet similar to Hephaestus. After a few days of gathering his supplies and hiding his space ship, Gaius began to roam out of the dense and wet jungle he crashed into in hopes of finding a some what civilized location. Due to his emergency radio, a primitive means of communication on his home planet and only used by the Air Force as a last result, he was able to learn that the creatures on this planet where some what advanced, and picked up on parts of there language. Before reaching Freedom City, he had, stealth fully, been able to read numerous books from various libraries and the like to continue his knowledge of the people here and to communicate with them if a long stay was inevitable.

"Neutral"? That sounds like neither Hero nor Villain, and is thus unacceptable.

Freedom City is a fairly Four Color place, with little Gray. PCs need to clearly be a Hero or a Villain, and clearly identifiable as such by ~99% of the populace. In other words, the Average Mook on the Street should be able to look at your character and say "that's a good guy" or "that's a bad guy." People can change, of course, but doing so isn't something lightly done.

Given his Complications, most are probably going to think he's a Villain.

So just to be clear, Hephaestus is an Earth-like world with human-ish inhabitants, who have Mutants like on Earth. But there, the Mutants grouped together and started a war against the non-Mutant Hephaestans? Why did they rise up? Had they been treated poorly (like Marvel's Mutants)? If so, what will the Lieutenant do when he sees that Mutants aren't treated with any special disdain on FC Earth?

As for stats, the following pop out after a cursory glance:

[*:2efrglx6]That's a really high Dex and Int for an Air Force graduate, even for one ho graduated with flying colors. Are all Hephaestans naturally super-agile geniuses?
    [*:2efrglx6]You should list his Tougnhess and Fort save & Knockback for when he's not in his suit.
    [*:2efrglx6]Knockback is -3, not +3.
    [*:2efrglx6]Your skills are improperly formatted, they should be "Skill name rank # (total bonus)"
    [*:2efrglx6]You have no ranks in the language skill, yet you describe him as having picked up English. If he still remembers his native Hephaestan tongue, you need a rank in the language skill.
    [*:2efrglx6]Why does he have Knowledge (Life Sciences and Physical Sciences) and Medicine if he's a graduate of his world's Air Force?
    [*:2efrglx6]If his Diehard feat is from something in his suit, then why isn't that part of the Device?
    [*:2efrglx6]The Inventor feat isn't needed if all he's using his Knowledge & Craft checks for is to maintain his gear. Inventor would be needed if, say, he wanted to use his gear (and perhaps parts from Terran gear) to create something entirely different.
    [*:2efrglx6]Check Required/Concentration is not valid for you Disintegration gun, since you have +20 on the check and so cannot fail the DC 15 (10 + power rank) check.
    [*:2efrglx6]On a related note, how can a space-rifle have the Flaw "only vs. unaware opponents"?
    [*:2efrglx6]What power does the Full Power drawback apply to?
    [*:2efrglx6]Acid is Uncommon, not Very Common.

Hey guys, sorry its taking me so long to post my updates, just have a lot of work this week (just finished a 40 page project and I still have a few 10-20 page essays to do x_x) I 'should' be able to post them this weekend, unless something really horrible or really good happens and I am not at my computer.

See you guys this weekend,

TD

Edit: Just did a quick edit to turn him to a villain.

I just posted the updates. I might have missed a point or two that you advices since I did a lock of smelting on him. I'll go over your questions and if I did miss any I'll be sure to look into it (such as any sort of background questions, I haven't gotten around to witting up for on that yet)

TB

Edit: Sorry, NOW it is updated, when I posted this I uploaded the old version of him -sigh-

Edit: Just fixed the int. skills to what they should be shown as.

Don't ask me why I am so bored at 5am. But I just caught a quick error here:

Device 7 [20pp – 25 device pp] Restricted 2 – Lietenant Reiner only; Indestructible [23pp]

Standard Terran Sniper Rifle: M: IV Mark: II wrote:Base (25pp): Disintegration 5 (25pp)

Device 7 would cost you 28pp (7*4=28) and would grant you 35pp (7*5=35) for use within the device itself. I am not sure if you made an on how many ranks the device should be, or on how much you were spending [on it]/[in it]. If the device IS rank 7, you can afford two more ranks in disintegration.

Should the notation look like this:?

Device 7 [28pp - 35 device points] PF: Restricted 2 (Reiner only), Indestructible [30pp]

-- Disintegration 7 (35pp)

EDIT: also real quick nitty gritty stuff: Each of the AP's in the T2S3 should read "PF" and not "EF". It stands for Power Feat. (see above example of device)

The Rifle's probably an Easy to Lose Device. 3pp/rank. Cost is correct.

(This is one reason why we don't like non-Refs posting in the char approval threads, quote. :P )

The Suit does seem costed wrong, though. Device 6 (Hard to Lose, Restricted 2) would cost 26pp (not 38), and give 30 points (not 35) worth of stuff.

You still haven't answered (or even acknowledged) some of my questions:

[*:20umebau]So just to be clear, Hephaestus is an Earth-like world with human-ish inhabitants, who have Mutants like on Earth. But there, the Mutants grouped together and started a war against the non-Mutant Hephaestans? Why did they rise up and start this war? Had they been treated poorly (like Marvel's Mutants)? If so, what will the Lieutenant do when he sees that Mutants aren't treated with any special disdain on FC Earth?
    [*:20umebau]That's a fairly high Dex and a really high Int for an Air Force graduate, even for one who graduated with flying colors. Are all Hephaestans naturally agile super-geniuses?
    [*:20umebau]You have no ranks in the language skill, yet you describe him as having picked up English. If he still remembers his native Hephaestan tongue, you need a rank in the language skill.
    [*:20umebau]If his Hide in Plain Sight feat is from something in his suit, then why isn't that part of the Device?
    [*:20umebau]The Inventor feat isn't needed if all he's using his Knowledge & Craft checks for is to maintain his gear. Inventor would be needed if, say, he wanted to use his gear (and perhaps parts from Terran gear) to create something entirely different.

Also, a minor formatting thing, this:

Immunity: Life Support (9pp) (Due to his suit being broken, he is not able to use all of its higher functions at the same time) [9pp]

Protection 3 [3pp]

BE: *Base Mode: Enhanced Strength 2 (2pp); Enhanced Constitution 6 (6pp) Enhanced Dexterity 6 (6pp) (14pp; 5 Alternate Powers (5pp) [19pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 1: Invisibility 1 (8pp); Speed 3 (Enhanced Physical Abilities) (1pp); Leaping 3(Enhanced Physical Abilities) [14pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 2: Datalink 10 PF: Cyberspace [11pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 3: Healing 6 PF: Stabilize [13pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 4: Flight 6 PF: Subtle, Move-By-Action [14pp]

AP : *Alt Mode 5: Stun 5 PF: Accurate 4 (13pp) (Through his chest [Think Iron Man]) [14pp]

Speed 2 (Enhnaced Physical Abilites) [2pp]

Leaping 2 (Enhanced Physical Abilites) [2pp]

*Base Mode: STR 14 (+2); DEX 26 (+8); CON 18 (+4); Speed 3; Leaping 2

*Alt Mode 1: Regular Stats; Speed 6 (500 MPH); Leaping 5 (x50 1 Round)

*Alt Mode 2: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

*Alt Mode 3: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

*Alt Mode 4: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action); Flight 6 (500 MPH)

*Alt Mode 5: Regular Stats; Speed 3 (50 MPH); Leaping 2 (x2 Movie Action)

Should look more like this:

Immunity: Life Support (9pp) [9pp]

Leaping 2 (x5, move action; Enhanced Physical Abilities) [2pp]

Protection 3 [3pp]

Speed 2 (25 mph; Enhanced Physical Abilities) [2pp]

Variable Suit Configurations 7 (14pp powers; PFs: 5 Alternate Powers) (Due to his suit being broken, he is not able to use all of its higher functions at the same time) [19pp]

BE: Base Mode: Enhanced Strength 2 plus Enhanced Dexterity 6 plus Enhanced Constitution 6

AP : Alt Mode 1: Datalink 10 (PF: Cyberspace)

AP : Alt Mode 2: Flight 6 (500 mph / 5,000 feet move; PF: Move-By-Action, Subtle)

AP : Alt Mode 3: Healing 6 (PF: Stabilize)

AP : Alt Mode 4: Invisibility 4 (total concealment vs. all visual) plus Leaping 3 plus Speed 3

AP : Alt Mode 5: Stun 5 (chest-mounted stunner; PFs: Accurate 4 [+12 to hit])

*Base Mode: STR 14 (+2); DEX 26 (+8); CON 18 (+4); Leaping 2 (x5, move action); Speed 2 (25 mph)

*Alt Mode 1: Regular Stats; Leaping 2 (x5, Move Action); Speed 2 (25 MPH)

*Alt Mode 2: Regular Stats; Flight 6 (500 MPH); Leaping 2 (x5, Move Action); Speed 2 (25 MPH)

*Alt Mode 3: Regular Stats; Leaping 2 (x5, Move Action); Speed 2 (25 MPH)

*Alt Mode 4: Regular Stats; Leaping 5 (x50; full round); Speed 5 (250 MPH)

*Alt Mode 5: Regular Stats; Leaping 2 (x5; Move Action); Speed 2 (25 MPH)

1 That's a fairly high Dex and a really high Int for an Air Force graduate, even for one who graduated with flying colors. Are all Hephaestans naturally agile super-geniuses?

The Hephaestans are naturally geniuses, and the character I am playing is one of the highest there.

2 You have no ranks in the language skill, yet you describe him as having picked up English. If he still remembers his native Hephaestan tongue, you need a rank in the language skill.

I did add the language skill in one of my first updates, sorry for not posting saying I did.

3 The Inventor feat isn't needed if all he's using his Knowledge & Craft checks for is to maintain his gear. Inventor would be needed if, say, he wanted to use his gear (and perhaps parts from Terran gear) to create something entirely different

Sorry about that, I thought I had deleted it.

• 2 weeks later...