Singing for His Supper

Hellbound

After afterburner divulged the location of a warehouse near the waterfront where his boss was gathering forces, Captain Knievel decided they had heard enough.

"Well, I'm not dead..." He said looking at the wound on his chest. "Luckily for him, he ain't either. But if they are meeting tonight, what do we do with him in the meantime? Seems to me like it would be easier to do away with him than worry about him running off to tell his boss..."

Captain Knievel considered their options for a second. "Or I could just tear out his tongue..."

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellbound didn't like that idea. Not only was it needlessly cruel, seeing as how Afterburner had already been beaten, but it also meant he'd be unable to testify properly against the mob in court later on. Should he turn state's evidence later on, then he'd probably be more effective with the ability to speak intact.

He looked up at the darkened sky and considered the timing. It'd been mid-afternoon by the time he'd gotten up and gone to adopt Tigho. The fight with the zombiquins had taken him to late afternoon before he returned home. That meant early evening for the meeting with Blackavar and it getting on towards genuine night before he actually made it out to the burnt warehouse.

Since the arson job had already been completed, then the scheduled gathering prior to hitting Hellbound's hotel apartment must be coming up soon. A little more knocking around managed to confirm this and even grant them a location.

It might be outside of their normal territory, but they did have a safehouse not far from where Hellbound lived. Really, more of an abandoned basement that they kept clear of homeless squatters, but it was a place where they could go and not be noticed prior to running a job.

Apparently they were actually due to be there right about now. When word had come of someone trying to muscle in on their territory, this part of the crew had decided to delay their arrival long enough to deal with the threat. There was a professional assumption that it was better to protect their home turf than continue a vendetta against one guy.

Since the four associates who'd been arrested at Morley's were still in jail, and Tony B. had gone to the mattresses in order to wait until the heat was off of him, that meant it was a good bet G.D. Badman was waiting there by himself.

"By himself?" Captain Knievel said, astonished. "Wow this guy really is an idiot." He had been briefly talking to Hellbound about the information they had acquired as they walked away from the dumpster in which they had locked Afterburner.

"Well, In any case, Let's just get there and get this over with." The Captain said to Hellbound I've still got to beat the crap out of you're mutant ass afterwards... was what he was thinking...

"Well of course he's there waiting by himself." Hellbound replied, a little confused by the question. "He's waiting for his crew to show up. If his crew was already there, then he wouldn't be waiting.

"How's he supposed to know that we just took out the last of his available manpower? Between the ones in jail, the one in hiding and the ones we just took down tonight, who else is there?"

For a Superhero, this Captain Knievel didn't seem to know a whole lot about how villains operated. Someone has to be the first to show up for a meeting, otherwise how was the meeting ever supposed to start?

They were making their way over from West End to just by the Boardwalk. That was a bit farther than Hellbound wanted to hoof it, so he raised his hand to hail a taxi.

"Well, good point I guess. I just don't know how many people are in this gang. You're the one that usually rolls with this crew." Captain Knievel said, "It just doesn't make sense to me that he would be completely by himself. Most times 'the boss' usually has a few bodyguards on him. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Even I usually have a partner when I pull big jobs. It just plain helps to have someone to watch your back.