Faust - Adia - PL10 Villain (NPC Tier 2)

Players Name: Faust

Power Level: 10 (150/153pp)

Trade-Offs: none

Unspent PP: 2

Characters Name: Adia Angara

Alternate Identity: None

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Dark Brown

Description:

35cphl0.jpg

I know this may come as a shock to you, my faithful readers.

Those who have been following my blog would know that the producers have been planning to invite Adia Angara to guest on my show (Tonight with Rich Lo: 10pm, Mondays to Saturdays on channel 8). You know that I'm not much of a fan of the Lawin heiress. I have, in numerous occasions, called her a elitist, narcissistic and shallow daddy's girl whose only problem is how to squander the family's fortune (Which is why 98% of hate mail and spam I receive are from her rabid fans). I told my people that I wanted to meet with Ms. Angara's people personally. We held the meeting last night at The Promenade. I was half expecting her people not to show up despite the good food.

They didn't. Instead, it was Ms. Angara herself!

Beforehand, all I've seen of the Heiress was through pictures or television. I have never seen her in person. I have to say, she's definitely the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I know it's terribly cliche, but for a moment I thought I was staring at an angel. I was stunned! She came in wearing this stylish black blazer, which was in contrast to her pinkish white skin, and a tight short skirt. I for one know close to nothing about fashion, and I normally find clothes that reveal too much and short skirts tasteless. But the ensemble was perfect on her. Her hair was laid back and flowing. Everybody on The Promenade gave pause just to watch her graciously walk to the table where I was seated. She had this elegant aura about her. And her scent! It was euphoric!

I stood and helped her to her seat. All of a sudden, I felt like I was on a date. I've eaten with actors, models, artists, monarchs and presidents, but that was the first time I felt nervous. Luckily, we were able to discuss her guesting in our show. At first she was all business, but later in the evening we started talking casually. Such a charming young lady.

Apparently, it is only this week that she has nothing on her calendar and that she'd be free to guest on our show until tomorrow. I call our producers and had them reschedule my interview with the President.

As we were about to part, she mentioned that she has read my blog and my commentaries, including the ones about her. Now, I knew that one day we'd meet and she'd tell me that she has read what I wrote about her. Plenty of times I rehearsed in my head what to reply. I came up with a witty retort...which I completely forgot! She noticed the blank look on my face and smiled.

Well, my dear readers, you can forget everything I previously said about her. It's the first time in my whole career I believe I was wrong. She's intelligent, driven and beautiful. This sophisticated young lady is the personification of grace. Catch the charming Ms. Adia Angara tomorrow night at 10 pm.

Oh, and to those who are curious, no, I'm not in love with her. I'd eat my tie before that day comes.

Previous Post: "In the Presence of a Hero"

Next Post: "I Eat My Tie on Live Television"

History:

Excerpt from Ally's My Little Equine Diary Aug 1985

I got 4 stars in school today. I was so happy I showed it to papa right after school when I came home. He said it was nice and I'm a good girl. Then sister came and then showwed her 5 stars. Papa is so happy for sister. He carried her and they danced. I was happy for sister too. She's so smart and pretty. I want to be just like her. I cant wait to tell my clasmates tomorow about how happy we were today.

Today I saw sister opening a big present. It was the giant teddy I told them I liked. She said papa gave it to her becos she got 5 stars yesterday. I told her maybe papa gave it to me and her so we can share becos I got stars too. She said no its just hers because papa said so but I know she just doesnt want to share. but she doesnt even like teddys.

----

Excerpt from Ally's Diary October 1994

Sister and I fought today. She's always talking down on me, always acting like she's better than me. And I hate it when she's all miss oh-so-cool. She's so smug. It's like our arguments aren't worth her time. I hate her. She has always been papa's favorite. He always buys her new dresses and presents. He always spends more time with her. Is it because she always does better than me in everything, and that she's a prodigy? Is it because she's prettier than me?

Well, I might not have to live with her for a while. I overheard that papa plans to send her abroad to study. I hope that's true.

---

Excerpt from Ally's Journal April 1995

Why is she so mean to me? I thought I would be happy today because she was leaving, but before she left she had to tell me lies. She said she knew I was jealous of her for being papa's favorite. And she said I was wrong to think she was his favorite because she was obviously better than me. She said the reason papa can't look at me is because I killed mama when I was born. She says it's true because papa shares everything with her. It's not true. I saw that little faint smile of hers as she said it so I know it isn't. I don't know! Is that why papa would never allow me to ask about mama? Does he hate me? All this time..

----

Excerpt form Ally's Blog December 2005

Boys are such jerks.

They're all the same.

They would all say that they adore me, whisper sweet words in my ear and call me love. Me, being the gullible girl that I am would always believe them and it would be us. But once they catch a glimpse of sister when she happens to be home, we'd soon fight and eventually break up in less than a month. And they always give idiotic excuses..like I'm being paranoid, imagining things, or I'm too emotional. I was even called crazy once. And just today, the excuse I got was I'm too "insecure."

What rubbish.

Jerks

They just want me so they can get to Adia. I hate her.

---

Auto-saved draft

Tonight has been crazy. Papa called for me. The doctors told him he didn't have much time, so he wanted to talk to me personally. It was uncomfortable at first because I didn't know what to expect. He said he didn't know where to start. But he began to ask for forgiveness for the way he treated me. He said that though sister and I look like our mother, I remind him of her the most. He said the way I talk and carry myself is so just like mother. He explained that he never got over her loss and that's why he was so distant from me. Every time he looked at me, he saw mama and it hurt him. Then I said I too was sorry for rebelling and pushing him away. He started crying. I started crying.

We talked more after that. For the first time since I can remember, I was genuinely happy.

But that wasn't the unbelievable part.

He then called for sister to join us. He told us that he had something important to tell us. He told sister that she has grown up so well and is very proud of her. He thanked her for all the contributions she gave the company. He actually said a lot of things I'm not in the mood to write down. Then he motioned for us to come closer and he held our hands.

The business would be handed down to me.

I didn't know what to say...I was about to protest when I happened to glance sister. Her expression..It's hard to describe...I never saw that expression on her face before..nobody has..It was like confusion and shock and rage. I can still remember her face. To be able to see her like that was worth all the treatment I got from her. She was stunned for a while, then I saw her take her hand back, and slapped papa then started screaming about how he was crazy and how unworthy I am and that she's the reason for the company's success. She pushed me when I tried to hold her back. Papa told me that he'll handle it and asked me to leave. He

just has to make her understand.

As I'm typing this, I could still hear sister shouting. Although all these years she looked down on me, I feel for her.

I just heard the slam of father's door. I really hope she woeitakslc

Adia was a very gifted child. She did exceptionally well in school and had no difficulty getting perfect marks. She was the best among her class. She would eventually advance and skip a few years in school. Many believed her to be a child prodigy, and that's what she was. This made her father proud and he lavished her with gifts.

It's easy to assume that she was her father's favorite. He spent more time with her than her younger sister. But every time her father would be around Ally, he would have this look in his eyes that only Adia could see. It was of love and affection. Adia knew that though he was very proud of her, he loved her sister more. Adia believed that she was brighter and more talented than her sister, clearly the better daughter. Adia would look down on Ally. Yet her father would never look at Adia with the same eyes. This made her doubt her worth. It was not enough that her father was proud of her...she wanted to be loved more. She was jealous of Ally and grew bitter.

when there would be other people present, Adia would be a good little girl, but when she was left alone with Ally, Adia would treat her sister terribly. Adia would tease Ally, feign indifference or toy with her emotions. She would also blame Ally for the loss of their mother. Adia would find joy in making her sister confused or cry.

Growing up, Adia would continue to do her best in all her endeavors. She became superior among her peers. Because her father wanted to give her the best education money can buy, she sent her out of the country to learn in the best schools. He would even hire tutors and private teachers for her. She would be exposed to different arts, philosophies and fields of knowledge. She'd be involved in different extracurricular activities from dancing to basic gymnastics making her very agile and lithe. Adia was excellent in her time management. During the course of her studies, Adia excelled in computer science and engineering. Around this time, Ally was becoming rebellious back home. Living a very carefree life and spending money.

At 18, Adia would have already graduated college and returned home. She grew up to be a very attractive young lady. Adia knows she's beautiful, and she uses this to her advantage. She would use her appeal and charm to get what she wanted out of people. She was very well liked and some would even worship her. Being able to make people do what she wanted made her proud. It fed her ego and belief that she was superior. She became very narcissistic and conceited. She would start watching her weight and became slimmer.

Adia had her critics. They would call her a spoiled socialite brat. The speculated that she couldn't have done it on her own without her father's help. She sought to prove them wrong.

Within the next ten years she had moved out of their house and, without the help of her father, had started her own company and made it grow. In fact, locally, she was her father's competition and rival. And when there was no more doubt in people's minds that she could make it on her own, she sold her company. She would then return home and join her father and develop new technologies which brought Lawin Tech to new heights. The business world predicted that she would be the next CEO. Adia knew it for a fact.

That is why when her father informed her in his deathbed that he would be passing the company down to Ally, Adia was dumbfounded. She believed her sister worthless. She couldn't grasp the idea of someone getting something for doing absolutely nothing.

Lawin Tech was supposed to be hers. Enraged, she left their mansion to clear her head.

Tragically her father passed on that night. He had a heart attack.

Mysteriously Ally was found dead in her room the next day. It was never said what caused her death. Nobody knew what occurred that night. Because there wasn't any sufficient evidence that pointed to Adia, there was no trial. People could only speculate.

Non-stop, Adia was hounded by the press. Even the local "heroes" would invade her home looking for clues and harassing her. Even before, she already hated these super powered vigilantes. She compared them to rich spoiled brats who abused their

wealth and power. Abusing their power which they didn't earn. Wealth they didn't work hard for. In her eyes, they were unworthy for such easily earned power...just like the way she saw her sister.

Not long, she would find this annoyance and the stress unbearable. Her father's right hand man, a man named Mr. Vinbar whom she trusts, convinced her that it was too dangerous for her to stay. He claimed that there were many vigilantes after her. And there were those who would want to kidnap her.

As a precaution, Adia modified the designs of Lawin Tech's PDA and Mobile Phone and created a portable multi-function device. She would also take her personal bodyguard (who more often was just her driver and errand boy) with her.

It isn't that she's hiding from the scandal surrounding her family's death or from the vigilante's who sought her out. It was just that her home, the company and her country reminded her of her father and sister which brought painful memories. Though she wanted to be active with the investigation of her sister's death, Mr. Vinbar advised against it and insisted that he take care of it. He assured her he'd see to it that the people responsible for Ally's death would be caught.

She still owns the company, but grew weary of it so she appointed Mr. Vinbar to oversee the business. Her late mother's family had an estate at Freedom City and she decided to move in.

Personality & Motivation:

In the outside, Adia is very charming and graceful. She sometimes appears to be down-to-earth, but in actuality she is only feigning. She knows how to fake a smile and a laugh. Her real smile is very faint and almost unnoticeable. She knows people find her attractive, and she uses her beauty to her advantage.

Adia has a terrible case of superiority complex. Partly because she believes that she is better than most. Partly it is the result of her childhood insecurities. As a child, she could already tell that ,deep down, her father cared more for her younger sister,but just did not show it. This brought her to compensate by being the best in everything and doing her best to please her father. Subconsciously, this motivates her to impress those who remind her of her father. She also is a narcissist. She's terribly conceited and selfish. She only gives praise or shares if it would benefit her.

Whenever she would meet people, she would be profiling them. She would assess what kind of person they are. If a person does pique her curiosity, she'd try to learn more about him/her.

There are times she takes criticism like nothing because she knows she is better, but there are a few times where she'd stop at nothing to prove people wrong. She despises people who abuse power, especially if that power isn't hard earned (though she too can abuse her power, but is blind to the fact). She knew that there were super humans who resided in Freedom City before moving in. But she soon got disgusted by how rampant and active they were, and how the people loved them. Eventually she had hate for them. She knew that something had to be done.

Complications:

Enemy (possible vigilantes and supers from her country of origin), Prejudice (Adia will not associate with mutants, extra terrestrials, extra dimensionals and unnatural beings. However, she is willing to associate with those who derive their powers from devices or learned skills. She may or may not associate with magic users), Pride (She does not hide nor sneak), Scandal (She'd become very defensive if someone would pester her about the death of her family. She is also convinced that her argument with her father caused his death) Mr.Vinbar - Unknown to Adia, Mr. Vinbar has always wanted to take control over the company. While he was about to visit Mr. Angara, he saw Adia leave her father's room and slam the door. He knew he wasn't seen because she was blinded by her tears. He has never seen her like that before, so he knew something was up. He talked to Mr. Angara and found out about Ally inheriting the company. Mr. Vinbar never knew about that, he had always assumed the company would go to Adia. At that instant he realized that now was the perfect time for him to gain control over the company. He moved like he had been planning on this for so long. He manages to kill Mr. Angara and make it appear like he died of a heart attack. And then he murders Ally. Nobody knew that the company was supposed to go to Ally for their father never had it put in writing. Mr. Vinbar manages to convince Adia into leaving the country and make her choose him to oversee the company. While she's gone, he would have rumors about Adia's involvement in her sisters death and in time reveal the "discovery" that Ally was supposedly the rightful owner Lawin Tech to fuel the rumors. Right now, it is not known what his next move will be.

Stats: 42pp

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 20 (+5)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 25 (+7)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 25 (+7)

Combat: 10pp

Attack: +0

Grapple: +0

Defense: +5 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -0 (-5 forcefield)

Initiative: +5

Saves: 4pp

Toughness: +0 (+0 Con) (+10 forcefield)

Fortitude: +0 (+0 Con, +0)

Reflex: +5 (+5 Dex, +0)

Will: +5 (+1 Wis, +4) (+15 mindshield)

Skills: 132r = 33pp

Acrobatics 1 (+6)

Bluff 7 (+14/+22 attractive)

Computers 15 (+22)

Craft (Electronics) 15 (+22)

Diplomacy 7 (+14/+22 attractive)

Gather information 1 (+8)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Business) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Civics) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Current Events) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Popular Culture) 5 (+12)

Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+22)

Language 1 (Filipino,English)

Notice 15 (+16)

Sense Motive 15 (+16)

Swim 5 (+5)

Feats: 37pp

Attractive 2

Benefit (diplomatic immunity)

Benefit 3 (wealth 3)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 5

Fascinate (Bluff)

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improvised Tools

Inspire

Inventor

Jack-Of-All-Trades

Leadership

Master Plan

Minion 3 (Fanatical) [6pp]

Redirect

Second Chance (Bluff)

Second Chance (Computers)

Second Chance (Diplomacy)

Skill Mastery (Bluff,Computers,Craft,Notice)

Taunt

Well-Informed

Power Level: 3

Characters Name: Manong

Alternate Identity: none

Height: 6'

Weight: 200lbs

Hair: dark brown

Eyes: brown

Stats: 16pp

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 8pp

Attack: +2

Grapple: +5

Defense: +2 (+1 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1

Initiative: +2

Saves: 11pp

Toughness: +3 (+0 Con, +0 other)

Fortitude: +6 (+3 Con, +3)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +5 (+0 Wis, +5)

Skills: 36r = 9pp

Drive 8 (10)

Pilot 8 (10)

Search 4 (4)

Sleight of Hand 8 (10)

Stealth 8 (10)

Feats: 1pp

Equipment 1

Commlink 1ep

Shades 1ep

Mini-Tracer 1ep

Video Camera 2ep

Costs: Abilities (16) + Combat (8) + Saves (11) + Skills (9) + Feats (1) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 45

Headquarters 20ep

large 2ep

toughness +20 3ep

features (communications,computer,dock,fire prevention system, garage,hangar,holding cell,infirmary,laboratory,library,living space,power system,security system 2,workshop) 15ep

Headquarters 5ep

tiny additional 1ep

toughness +10 1ep

features (computer,fire prevention system, living space, security system ,workshop) 5ep

Powers: 24pp

Device 8 (provides 40pp; easy to lose) [24]

---

Communications and Connectivity Container 32 (PF: 8 Alternate Powers) [40]

Communication 8 ("Phone" radio; PF: Subtle 2) 10pp

Comprehend 3 ("Universal Translator";Understand,Speak and Read all languages) 6pp

Datalink 10 ("Wireless Uplink" radio; PF: Subtle 1) 11pp

Illusion 1 ("Holographic Display" visual, audio; Extra: Duration (sustained)) 4pp

Quickness 3 ("File Search Assistant"; Flaw:One Task(Computer-Find File)) 1pp

---

AP: Protection Container 32pp

Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious; PFs: Selective, Subtle) 22pp

Mind Shield 10 10pp

---

AP: Utilities Container 32pp

ESP 8 ("Camera Link";Visual; Flaw: Medium (survailance cameras);Extra:Duration (sustained); PF: Subtle) 17pp

Super-Senses 12 ("Utilities";Accurate Ranged Radius Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens,Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Microscopic Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Tracking (Infravision)) 12pp

Quickness 3 ("Calculator";Flaw:One Task(Mathematical Calculations)) 1pp

Quickness 3 ("Repair Assistant";Flaw:One Task(Craft (Repair Electronics)) 1pp

Quickness 3 ("Information Database";Flaw:One Task(Knowledge Check)) 1pp

---

AP: Nauseate 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("Mutation Inhibitor";All Genetic Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("Anti-Magic Shell";All Magical Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("EMP Emitter";All Technological Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Paralyze 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

---

AP: Stun 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

Drawbacks: 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACKS:--SAVE DC:--DAMAGE TYPE:

Illusion 1 -- 11/Will -- Unnoticed Illusion

Nauseate 10 -- 20/Fortitude -- Nauseated

Nullify 8 -- 18/Will -- Power Nullified

Paralyze 10 -- 20/Will -- Paralyzed

Stun 10 -- 20/Fortitude -- Stunned

Costs: Abilities (42) + Combat (10) + Saves (4) + Skills (32) + Feats (37) + Powers (24) - Drawbacks (00) = 150/153pp

Sorry for the delay. I'll try to cover all the points that I see right offt the bat to cut down on time it takes to get through the approval proccess.

Interesting but I'm not sure what this does for the character. Is she difficult to meet? Why did she show up on the show? Why did the interview change his mind on his out look of Adia?

History:

Alyssa Paloma was the daughter of a highly successful real estate magnate in the Philippines. She was beautiful and elegant. She could have easily been a model, actress or even a beauty queen but she chose to stay out of the limelight. She loved art, fashion and

architecture. She cared little for the business and preferred to enjoy life. Adan Angara was the son of a headstrong self-made man. One of the greatest entrepreneurs of his time, he was able to create the Philippine's leading electronics manufacturer, Lawin Technologies. When his father retired, Adan took over the company and made it into South East Asia's leading technological giant.

Alyssa and Adan met, fell in love and got married. Their marriage was the talk of the country. They had their first daughter, Adia, followed by their second daughter, Ally the next year. Sadly, due to complications, Alyssa passed away giving birth to

Ally. Adan was devastated. The country mourned, Lawin Tech started losing money and life went on.

At 4 years old, Adia already knew she was meant for greatness. She knew that what she saw around her was her heritage. Everything would be passed on to her...and it was expected because she was the eldest. Growing up, she had no problems in school. She would be getting perfect marks without even trying-which would eventually make her advance a few years. She made school look easy. Everyone called her a prodigy, and that's what she is. This made her father happy and he lavished her with gifts.

Adia's sister would do well in school too, but Ally could never measure up. Adia looked down on her sister and was mostly indifferent towards her. During those times she did acknowledge Ally's existence, she teased and played with her emotions. She found some joy in making her little sister confused or cry. In some rare occasions, Adia would be annoyed with Ally just for being in the same room with her. Adia blames Ally for the loss of their mother.

At a young age, Adia was exposed to different art and philosophies. Her father would hire tutors and private teachers to instruct her in different fields. She's very well groomed. When she was about to enter high-school, her father wanted to give her the best so he sent her out of the country to give her the best education money could buy. It was hard to figure out where she excelled in...some would say it was because she excelled in everything.When Adia left, Ally started to become rebellious. She would live a very carefree life. She'd spend money here and there.

She found it funny that her father wouldn't get reprimand her or her chaperon. In around six years, Ally would be seventeen, a high-school junior and would become popular among her peers. All the boys wanted her. Having already graduated college by then, Adia came back. Ally was almost forgotten. Everyone was all over Adia. But even she had her critics. They called her a spoiled brat. A narcissistic socialite just waiting for her father to pass on so she can claim her inheritance. Some speculated that her father paid people so that she could have her diploma. There were many rumours about her. She sought to prove them wrong.

Within the next ten years she had moved out of their house and, without the help of her father, had started her own company and made it grow. In fact, locally, she was her father's competition and rival. And when there was no more doubt in people's minds that she could make it on her own, she sold her company. She would then return home and join her father and develop new technologies which brought Lawin Tech to new heights. The business world predicted that she would be the next CEO. Adia knew it for a fact.

That is why when her father informed her in his deathbed that he would be passing the company down to Ally, Adia was dumbfounded. She believed her sister worthless. She couldn't grasp the idea of someone getting something for doing absolutely nothing.

Never mind that her father said he knew that Adia could set out and become great on her own. Never mind that her father expressed how proud he was of her. She was deaf to everything he said. She was blinded by the rage. Lawin Tech was

supposed to be hers.

Mysteriously her sister was found dead in her room the next day. It was never said what caused her death. Nobody knew what occurred that night. People began to speculate.

Non-stop, Adia was hounded by the press. Even the local "heroes" would invade her home, look for clues and harass her. Even before, she already hated these super powered vigilantes. She compared them to rich spoiled brats who abused their

wealth and power. Abusing their power which they didn't earn. Wealth they didn't work hard for. In her eyes, they were unworthy for such easily earned power...just like the way she saw her sister. Not long, she would find this annoyance unbearable so she left...not before developing her latest invention which would help ensure her safety if ever the vigilantes choose to follow her-a portable multi-purpose, multi-media device with unique features.

It isn't that she's hiding from the scandal surrounding her family's death or from the vigilante's who sought her out. It was just that her home, the company and her country reminded her of her father and sister which brought painful memories.

She still owns the company, but grew weary of it so she appointed her father's right hand man to oversee the business. Her mothers family had an estate at Freedom City and she decided to move in.

Let me understand this. She abused her position over her sister, expected the company to come to her, was a prime suspect in the death of her sister, and she hates supers?

Okay, how did she manage to leave her country without being taken to court? Why does she hate vigilantes? Why compare them to rich, spoiled brats? Isn'T she a "rich spoiled Brat"?

In the outside, Adia is very charming and graceful. She sometimes appears to be down-to-earth, but in actuality she is only feigning. She knows how to fake a smile and a laughter. Her real smile is very faint and almost unnoticeable. And she is truly

laughing only when she's alone or besting someone else.

Adia has a terrible case of superiority complex. Partly because she believes that she is better than most. Partly it is the result of her childhood insecurities. As a child, she could already tell that ,deep down, her father cared more for her younger sister,but just did not show it. This brought her to compensate by being the best in everything and doing her best to please her father. Subconsciously, this motivates her to impress those who remind her of her father. She also is a narcissist. She's terribly conceited and selfish. She only gives praise or shares if it would benefit her.

There are times she takes criticism like nothing because she knows she is better, but there are a few times where she'd stop at nothing to prove people wrong. She despises people who abuse power, especially if that power isn't hard earned (though she too can abuse her power, but is blind to the fact). She knew that there were super humans who resided in Freedom City before moving in. But she soon got disgusted by how rampant and active they were, and how the people loved them. Eventually she had hate for them. She knew that something had to be done.

Why did she get disgusted by the super humans in Freedom? What about their actions did she dislike. What are these childhood insecuriteis that hse has? From the history, she was nothing but confident. She proved herself better than her sister as well as people who thought she couldn'T do the job. Yet, she loses interest in the company once she has control?

Complications:

Enemy (possible vigilantes from her country of origin), Prejudice (Adia will not associate with mutants, extra terrestrials, extra dimensionals and unnatural beings. However, she is willing to associate with those who derive their powers from devices or learned skills. She may or may not associate with magic users), Pride (She does not hide nor sneak)

Why does she make an exception for people who derive their powers from devices? Are they not the same "rich, spoiled" super humans that she hated before? Why would magic users be different?

You listed Pride as one of her complications yet she never admitted to her participation with her sister's death? Wouldn't she be proud that she was able to escape the law?

Stats: 65pp

Wis: 20 (+5)

Cha: 40 (+15)

Why are her Dex, Wis, and especially Cha so high? There's not much in the history above that gives a reason why she would be so agile nor wise. As for the Charisma, 40 is a maxed out which seems way over the top to me. That puts her into the super human area, which are people that she dislikes.

Combat: 0pp

Defense: +5 (+0 flat-footed)

Knockback: -0

With an Attack of 0, and Defense of +5, all from dodge focus, she's going to be a sitting duck in combat. Are you sure you want to do that?

Saves: 0pp

Toughness: +0 (+0 Con)

Will: +5 (+5 Wis, +0)/ +15 mindshield

Again, as teh Combat above, without buying any toughness or saves, this is a glass jaw character.

Skills: 48r = 12pp

Knowledge (Arcana) 13 (+20)

Sense Motive 4 (+9)

For a brainiac type character, she is pretty limited in the skills area. Why the Arcana knowledge? I would think she wouls have some kind of Bluff, the way she was described above, yet nothing here. Why not?

Feats: 43pp

Attractive 3

Benefit (wealth 5)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus 5

Eidetic Memory

Fascinate (bluff)

Fascinate (diplomacy)

Fascinate (perform)

Fearless

Improvised Tools

Inspire

Inventor

Jack-Of-All-Trades

Leadership

Master Plan

Redirect

Second Chance (diplomacy)

Set Up

Taunt

Well-Informed

Equipment 4

Okay. These feats are heavily based on skills you have no ranks in. It seems that you're trying to skimp by on her high Charisma. that's pretty cheesy. Let's try to get her some ranks in those skills at least so that she has some actual skill and not simply talent.

Her combat feats make very little sense. Why does she have dodge focus, set up, and redirect when there's nothing in her background about having any kind of combat training?

Powers: 30pp

Device 10 (provides 50pp;easy to lose) [30]

Exactly what is this device? Is it armor? Is it a hand held weapon of some kind? I would like more of a description of it to help better see why the below powers are in it.

Strike 10 (PF: Triggered) [11]

Paralyze 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PFs: Affect Insubstantial 2, 7 Alternate Powers) [39]

What is the triggered condition on her strike?

---

AP: Communication 8 (radio; PF: Subtle 2) 10pp

Comprehend 3 (Understand,Speak and Read all languages) 6pp

Super-Senses 16 (Flaw: Duration(sustained); Accurate Tremorsense/Detect non-Human; Detect 2 (nonhuman),Direction Sense,

Distance Sense, Radio, Radius 5, Time Sense, Tremorsense) 16pp

Adds up.

---

AP: Datalink 10 (radio; PFs: Subtle 1, Machine Control) 12pp

Mind Shield 10 10pp

Immunity 10 (magic) 10pp

This second setting seems strange. Why does this device give mind shield? Why doe sit give immunity to magic? Is the device technology or something else?

---

AP: Force Field 15 (Extra: Impervious; PFs: Selective, Subtle) 32pp

You should list the force field in the toughness section. Now as you ahve it listed, you are breaking caps. With no trade-offs, you can only have Toughness of PL which in this case is 10. So your force field is limited to rank 10. As a side note, we are discussing the limits of Imprevious which may affect this character.

---

AP: Nullify 8 (All Magical Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

Again, why does this device negate Magical powers?

---

AP: Nullify 8 (All Technological Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

Adds up.

---

AP: Nullify 8 (All Genetic Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

Adds up.

---

AP: Stun 10 (Extra: Burst; PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

Adds up.

DC Block:

Nullify 8--18/Will--Power Nullified

Stun 10--20/Fortitude--Stunned

Strike 10--25/Toughness--Damage

Paralyze 10--20/Will--Paralyzed

Costs: Abilities (65) + Combat (00) + Saves (00) + Skills (12) + Feats (43) + Powers (30) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

You need to address the questions I put above. Once I get your response we can get to work on the character.

Sorry for the delay. I'll try to cover all the points that I see right offt the bat to cut down on time it takes to get through the approval proccess.

It's alright and thanks, I'm glad you were able to take a look:)

Interesting but I'm not sure what this does for the character. Is she difficult to meet? Why did she show up on the show? Why did the interview change his mind on his out look of Adia?

Yes she is, in regards to her busy schedule. While her schedule was free at the time, she decided it would be entertaining. He changed his mind because of her overall charisma (the way she conversed and presented herself) and her intelligence.

Let me understand this. She abused her position over her sister, expected the company to come to her, was a prime suspect in the death of her sister, and she hates supers?

Okay, how did she manage to leave her country without being taken to court? Why does she hate vigilantes? Why compare them to rich, spoiled brats? Isn'T she a "rich spoiled Brat"?

There wasn't any sufficient evidence for a trial (I'll be adding that to the story). She hates them for their meddling and also for (she believes) how some easily get their powers and abuse them. She is a rich spoiled brat but she doesn't see it that way because she believes she rightfully earned whatever wealth or power she has.

Why did she get disgusted by the super humans in Freedom? What about their actions did she dislike. What are these childhood insecuriteis that hse has? From the history, she was nothing but confident. She proved herself better than her sister as well as people who thought she couldn'T do the job. Yet, she loses interest in the company once she has control?

In general she doesn't like super humans, but they seem to be rampant in Freedom. They act like they are above the law (she is acts this way too, bud doesn't see herself this way),like humans can't save themselves or like they are better than humans. The insecurities were brought about by the knowledge that her father actually loved her sister more (but was a fool for not showing it). She usually is confident,due to her superiority complex (which usually stems from past insecurities). Because of the stress coming from the scandals, the constant harassment from others and the painful memories, she decided it wasn't worth staying anymore.

Why does she make an exception for people who derive their powers from devices? Are they not the same "rich, spoiled" super humans that she hated before? Why would magic users be different?

People who derive their powers from devices they put their hard work and skill into by design or creation are fine. But she wouldn't like people who's device was just something they found, stole, received or who she deemed not worthy to handle such device. If the magic user spent time to research and hone their craft then she may associate with them. If their magic is something they just got and didn't really earn then she wouldn't associate with them.

You listed Pride as one of her complications yet she never admitted to her participation with her sister's death? Wouldn't she be proud that she was able to escape the law?

Well, I'm still deciding that part of her history...it could be she did actually kill her sister out of rage, or her father's right hand man had someone(preferably a super) kill her sister as part of a plan to gain control over the company.

-------------------

Why are her Dex, Wis, and especially Cha so high? There's not much in the history above that gives a reason why she would be so agile nor wise. As for the Charisma, 40 is a maxed out which seems way over the top to me. That puts her into the super human area, which are people that she dislikes.

Dex would be from extra curricular activities and sports that come with an exceptional education.

Wis I changed it to 12..

Cha I know that 25 is the peak for humans, but I was told that a 40 charisma would be ok for a normal human as long as I could explain it (apparently I failed that:) lol ). I wanted her to be purely human but unbelievably attractive that people would doubt she's natural. Anyway, I changed it to 25

-coff- but if it's ok for her to be 30 then that would be cool too -coff- :)

With an Attack of 0, and Defense of +5, all from dodge focus, she's going to be a sitting duck in combat. Are you sure you want to do that?

changed her Defense to +5 (+2 flat footed). I'd don't mind her not doing too well in combat. If she gets unconscious or (hopefully not) fatally injured, then it's part of her story.

Again, as teh Combat above, without buying any toughness or saves, this is a glass jaw character.

Changed

She has +10 toughness with the force field and +15 with mind-shield

For a brainiac type character, she is pretty limited in the skills area. Why the Arcana knowledge? I would think she wouls have some kind of Bluff, the way she was described above, yet nothing here. Why not?

Knowledge arcana is to explain how her device can negate magic..but I subtracted some ranks. With the bluff and diplomacy, my idea was that she didn't really train much for either,but purely relied on her natural physical beauty and her charms :)

Changed, added skills

Okay. These feats are heavily based on skills you have no ranks in. It seems that you're trying to skimp by on her high Charisma. that's pretty cheesy. Let's try to get her some ranks in those skills at least so that she has some actual skill and not simply talent.

Her combat feats make very little sense. Why does she have dodge focus, set up, and redirect when there's nothing in her background about having any kind of combat training?

Actually, purely natural talent was what I was gunning for (didn't think it was cheesy)..but I gave her skills now.

Initially, I wanted her to survive with just her charisma(when I was still working with my archived character). I wanted to utilize the character's charms. It was then suggested that I gave her minions,if not combat skills. I didn't want her to do much battle nor rely too much on minions, instead she'd have a device that would help her out of too much trouble.

Removed dodge focus and set up. I kept redirect though. I don't think one needs combat training to bluff someone into hitting someone else. one just has to be coy.

Exactly what is this device? Is it armor? Is it a hand held weapon of some kind? I would like more of a description of it to help better see why the below powers are in it.

Ah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to describe the device. I have yet to name it.

The hand held-device is around 4"x 2 1/2" x 3/4". Has a touch-screen almost as long and wide as it's face. It appears similar to some of today's mobile phones.

Currently, it has eight settings.

-

It's main function is for communication. It comes with translating software capable of translating different languages, wireless machine connection and a holographic display..with sound! (Yeah, the illusion power would be almost useless..but who knows, it may fool someone)

-

It also has a camera capable of night-vision, infra-vision, magnification.

It can tell the time, distance and direction, sense movement and determine whether something is human or not. It can also tap into surveillance cameras.

-

Protection Field. The device is capable of generating a field that would protect the user from physical and mental harm.

-

3 Inhibitor Settings (EMP Emitter,Anti-magic shell,Mutation Neutralizer(?))

-

2 attack settings Paralyzing and Stunning blast

What is the triggered condition on her strike?

Whenever the device is handled by someone else, that person would receive an electric shock.

This second setting seems strange. Why does this device give mind shield? Why doe sit give immunity to magic? Is the device technology or something else?

I removed the magic immunity. The device emits a personal field that would prevent mental attacks from harming the user. It's tech

You should list the force field in the toughness section. Now as you ahve it listed, you are breaking caps. With no trade-offs, you can only have Toughness of PL which in this case is 10. So your force field is limited to rank 10. As a side note, we are discussing the limits of Imprevious which may affect this character.

Done and done

oh, what's going to happen with Impervious?

Again, why does this device negate Magical powers?

Being familiar with the arcane, Adia was able to develop a field/ray that has the properties of a counter-spell to prevent the use of magic within the area.

You need to address the questions I put above. Once I get your response we can get to work on the character.

Done and edited the sheet. Except I did not edit the history yet, should I do that asap too or do I wait til it's approved or there's no need to? I'll be editing the device's description later on, though. Thanks for your time. I hope you find my answers satisfactory:)

There wasn't any sufficient evidence for a trial (I'll be adding that to the story). She hates them for their meddling and also for (she believes) how some easily get their powers and abuse them. She is a rich spoiled brat but she doesn't see it that way because she believes she rightfully earned whatever wealth or power she has.

Okay, I think I can buy this.

In general she doesn't like super humans, but they seem to be rampant in Freedom. They act like they are above the law (she is acts this way too, bud doesn't see herself this way),like humans can't save themselves or like they are better than humans. The insecurities were brought about by the knowledge that her father actually loved her sister more (but was a fool for not showing it). She usually is confident,due to her superiority complex (which usually stems from past insecurities). Because of the stress coming from the scandals, the constant harassment from others and the painful memories, she decided it wasn't worth staying anymore.

I'd like to see these insecurities somewhere in the history. As it stands now, you give everything from a 3rd person's point of view which makes thigns difficult. More from Adia's perspective would be good.

People who derive their powers from devices they put their hard work and skill into by design or creation are fine. But she wouldn't like people who's device was just something they found, stole, received or who she deemed not worthy to handle such device. If the magic user spent time to research and hone their craft then she may associate with them. If their magic is something they just got and didn't really earn then she wouldn't associate with them.

Ans she can tell the difference how? AS things look now, she would assume every super human (technical or magical included) did not earn their power as she has no way of telling a difference.

Well, I'm still deciding that part of her history...it could be she did actually kill her sister out of rage, or her father's right hand man had someone(preferably a super) kill her sister as part of a plan to gain control over the company.

I'd like to see something towards this somewhere on the sheet.

-------------------

Dex would be from extra curricular activities and sports that come with an exceptional education.

Wis I changed it to 12..

Cha I know that 25 is the peak for humans, but I was told that a 40 charisma would be ok for a normal human as long as I could explain it (apparently I failed that:) lol ). I wanted her to be purely human but unbelievably attractive that people would doubt she's natural. Anyway, I changed it to 25

-coff- but if it's ok for her to be 30 then that would be cool too -coff- :)

Thank you for lowering the Abilities. It looks better. Remember to mention the extracurricular training in school in her background.

Remember, Charisma is more than physical beauty. It is more force of personality than actual beauty. AS her background goes now, the 25 Cha fits better.

Presently, they add up.

changed her Defense to +5 (+2 flat footed). I'd don't mind her not doing too well in combat. If she gets unconscious or (hopefully not) fatally injured, then it's part of her story.

As the board is has a silvery age to it, there shouldn't been much fataly injury. All damage is considered nonlethal unless noted.

Addds up.

Changed

She has +10 toughness with the force field and +15 with mind-shield

Well considering she's got to switch to that force field, she's still going to be in a lot of trouble.

Adds up.

Knowledge arcana is to explain how her device can negate magic..but I subtracted some ranks. With the bluff and diplomacy, my idea was that she didn't really train much for either,but purely relied on her natural physical beauty and her charms :)

Changed, added skills

Thank you.

Skills: 104r = 26pp

Bluff 3 (+10)/ 15(w/attractive) (+22)

Computers 6 (+13)

Diplomacy 3 (+10)/ 15(w/attractive) (+22)

Notice 9 (+10)

Sense Motive 9 (+10)

I'm counting only 96 ranks here for 24pps. Where are the extra 8 ranks? Also, for formating, you don't need to wrtie 15(w/attractive). Simply put the new total at the end.

Bluff 3 (+10/+22 attractive)

Actually, purely natural talent was what I was gunning for (didn't think it was cheesy)..but I gave her skills now.

Initially, I wanted her to survive with just her charisma(when I was still working with my archived character). I wanted to utilize the character's charms. It was then suggested that I gave her minions,if not combat skills. I didn't want her to do much battle nor rely too much on minions, instead she'd have a device that would help her out of too much trouble.

Removed dodge focus and set up. I kept redirect though. I don't think one needs combat training to bluff someone into hitting someone else. one just has to be coy.

Okay, the redirect I can live with. Thanks for the changes to the set up and dodge focus. Minions for combat is fine, but she only has one. Perhaps mention him in the background as well.

Feats: 38pp

Attractive 4

Benefit (wealth 5)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Eidetic Memory

Fascinate (Bluff)

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improvised Tools

Inspire

Inventor

Jack-Of-All-Trades

Leadership

Master Plan

Redirect

Second Chance (Bluff)

Taunt

Well-Informed

Equipment 4

Formatting. Could you take the minion stats and Equipment information an dplace them after the Feats section? Would make it easier to read. You can then move Equipment up in the line to conform to the alphabetical order.

Now, with Attractive raised to 4, that gives you effectively +16 ranks on Bluff and Diplomacy. As the core rules state, you're loosing out on the exchange. Now, for another point, we generally allow up to Attractive 2 with very little problems, above that, you need to have a good reason for it. Remember, it is a feat that shows Active use of sex appeal to adjust someone's attitude. Now do you think Adia is the type to play sex games to adjust attitudes? The way you have her written up, I don't see it.

Ah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to describe the device. I have yet to name it.

The hand held-device is around 4"x 2 1/2" x 3/4". Has a touch-screen almost as long and wide as it's face. It appears similar to some of today's mobile phones.

That helps better.

Currently, it has eight settings.

-

It's main function is for communication. It comes with translating software capable of translating different languages, wireless machine connection and a holographic display..with sound! (Yeah, the illusion power would be almost useless..but who knows, it may fool someone)

Yet this is not the main power of the item..... :D

Shouldn't this be the main power and not the Ap then?

AP: Communication 8 (radio; PF: Subtle 2) 10pp

Comprehend 3 (Understand,Speak and Read all languages) 6pp

Datalink 10 (radio; PFs: Subtle 1, Machine Control) 12pp

Illusion 1 (visual, audio; Extra: Duration (sustained) 4pp

Adds up. But I need to check about your Datalink. I'm not sure if an Ap can have an Ap in it. I'm checking with the other Refs now.

EDIT:Looks like your Machine Control is no good. Nested Arrays are forbidden.

-

It also has a camera capable of night-vision, infra-vision, magnification.

It can tell the time, distance and direction, sense movement and determine whether something is human or not. It can also tap into surveillance cameras.

No problems here.

AP: ESP 8 (Visual,Radio;Flaw: Medium (survailance cameras);Extra:Duration (sustained);PF: Subtle) 17pp

Super-Senses (Flaw (sustained);Accurate Detect Non-Human/Tremorsense, Darkvision, Detect(non-human) 2, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2, Radio, Radius(all), Time Sense, Tracking(Infravision) 3, Tremorsense) 15pp

Your ESP is off. Visual costs double. Which makes the base 3pp/rank. Add the Extra +1, and then add the Flaw -1 for a total of 3pp/rank plus the PF for a total of 24pp.

I'm having trouble reading your Super senses. Could you make it clearer? Is everything flawed? Is everything Radius?

-

Protection Field. The device is capable of generating a field that would protect the user from physical and mental harm.

I see you put them together this time around. Good change. As how imprevious will change, I think we're leaning towards limiting it to your PL but nothing has been confirmed.

AP: Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious; PFs: Selective, Subtle) 22pp

Mind Shield 10 10pp

Adds up.

-

3 Inhibitor Settings (EMP Emitter,Anti-magic shell,Mutation Neutralizer(?))

Okay. I can understand the reasoning behind the three nullifying powers.

AP: Nullify 8 (All Magical Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 (All Technological Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 (All Genetic Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

Adds up.

-

2 attack settings Paralyzing and Stunning blast

So these are on different settings. Shouldn'T they both be under APs off of the main power instead of one being the main power?

AP: Stun 10 (Extra: Burst; PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

What kind of burst are you using? General or Targeted?

Strike 10 (Electric; PF: Triggered (user other than Adia) [11]

Paralyze 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PFs: Affect Insubstantial 2, 7 Alternate Powers) [39]

This seems slightly strange that it gives an elerctric shock to a user other than Adia and yet you're getting cheaper cost for the device. I'm go to have to say no that trigger.

As I mentioned earlier, why is Paralyze one of the main powers of the device when you clearly stated above that it's main function is something else?

Whenever the device is handled by someone else, that person would receive an electric shock.

See above on this point.

I removed the magic immunity. The device emits a personal field that would prevent mental attacks from harming the user. It's tech

Thank you for the clarification. I can see the mental field working.

Done and done

oh, what's going to happen with Impervious?

Again, see above for information on this one.

Being familiar with the arcane, Adia was able to develop a field/ray that has the properties of a counter-spell to prevent the use of magic within the area.

I can live with that.

Done and edited the sheet. Except I did not edit the history yet, should I do that asap too or do I wait til it's approved or there's no need to? I'll be editing the device's description later on, though. Thanks for your time. I hope you find my answers satisfactory:)

Yes, we'll need to see those changes in the background as well as the points I've just pointed out to you before we can proceed.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Took me a while to work out her history. I hope it passes :)

I'd like to see these insecurities somewhere in the history. As it stands now, you give everything from a 3rd person's point of view which makes thigns difficult. More from Adia's perspective would be good.

I edited her history, personality and motivation, and complications. Hopefully it would suffice :)

Ans she can tell the difference how? AS things look now, she would assume every super human (technical or magical included) did not earn their power as she has no way of telling a difference.

Whenever she'd meet new people she would profile them. Using her judgement and standards, she would decide wether a person earned their power or not. Sometimes, though, if she's interested enough, it would have to take her to actually research about that person.

I'd like to see something towards this somewhere on the sheet.

Done :)

Well considering she's got to switch to that force field, she's still going to be in a lot of trouble.

Which would make things difficult, but more exciting :)

I'm counting only 96 ranks here for 24pps. Where are the extra 8 ranks? Also, for formating, you don't need to wrtie 15(w/attractive). Simply put the new total at the end.

Fixed the formatting and added 12ranks/3pp plus the missing 8 ranks.

She's got more skills now :)

Okay, the redirect I can live with. Thanks for the changes to the set up and dodge focus. Minions for combat is fine, but she only has one. Perhaps mention him in the background as well.

Done. Really, other than being a fanatic, there's nothing really special about her minion. He is replaceable.

Formatting. Could you take the minion stats and Equipment information an dplace them after the Feats section? Would make it easier to read. You can then move Equipment up in the line to conform to the alphabetical order.

Now, with Attractive raised to 4, that gives you effectively +16 ranks on Bluff and Diplomacy. As the core rules state, you're loosing out on the exchange. Now, for another point, we generally allow up to Attractive 2 with very little problems, above that, you need to have a good reason for it. Remember, it is a feat that shows Active use of sex appeal to adjust someone's attitude. Now do you think Adia is the type to play sex games to adjust attitudes? The way you have her written up, I don't see it.

Fixed the formatting.

She is highly attractive and is willing to use her sex appeal to gain advantage over people. I see using sex appeal different from sex games. Amazingly attractive women could use their sex appeal very subtly (with just a wink or a smile or stroke of their hair) without resorting to sex games (I'm assuming by sex games you mean she'd be inticing men into believing that they could sleep with her in exchange for something).

Edited the history and personality

-------------------------------------------

To address the device concerns:

>I've made the communications container the main power and made paralyze 10 an alternate.

>I removed strike 10 and added nauseate 10 as an alternate for the communications container making the total device pp to 40 which would make it Device 8 costing 24 power points

>I removed the machine control from datalink 10 (I didn't know machine control counted as an ap) and added quickness 3 worth 1pp

>Sorry about the ESP..I put meant radio to be a descriptor (instead of the default mental). So it would look like: 8ranks*(2visual-1medium+1duration)+1subtle = 17pp

>I edited my Super-Senses...everything is flawed(sustained) and only detect and tremorsense are radius.

flaw(sustained) -1

Accurate Detect Non-Human 2

Accurate Tremorsense 2

Darkvision 2

Detect 3(non-human) 3

Direction Sense 1

Distance Sense 1

Infravision 1

Microscopic Vision 2

Radio 1

Radius Detect (non-human) 1

Radius Tremorsense 1

Time Sense 1

Tracking 3(infravision) 3

Tremorsense 3

24ranks

2 ranks per pp

12 pp

then I added 3 Quickness 3's for 3pp

>The stun is touch range and burst Area. I'm not sure what you mean by general, but it's not targeted. It's not selective either. (she'd have to apologize to her allies, lol).

Yes, we'll need to see those changes in the background as well as the points I've just pointed out to you before we can proceed.

Done :)

Actually, Attractive 4 provides a +16 bonus to bluff and diploacy, which counts against skill caps. The maximum rank she can have is +15, so Attractive 3 is the limit.

Is it possible to keep it 4 for RP purposes but receive just the +12 bonus? If her Attractive is 3 and I make it a 4 later on it would seem like she had some cosmetic surgery done :)

So yeah, I'll be wasting a power point:)

but if I can't, then I guess I'll have to explain that she naturally got more attractive as she matured :)

Hope everything works out :)

Is it possible to keep it 4 for RP purposes but receive just the +12 bonus? If her Attractive is 3 and I make it a 4 later on it would seem like she had some cosmetic surgery done :)

So yeah, I'll be wasting a power point:)

but if I can't, then I guess I'll have to explain that she naturally got more attractive as she matured :)

Nope. All PL caps are "hard" caps, meaning you can't buy extra ranks and not benefit from it. Largely because doing so would give you a buffer against Drains and Nullify.

And going from Attractive 3 to Attractive 4 really should require more than "she matured/finished going through puberty."

Nope. All PL caps are "hard" caps, meaning you can't buy extra ranks and not benefit from it. Largely because doing so would give you a buffer against Drains and Nullify.

And going from Attractive 3 to Attractive 4 really should require more than "she matured/finished going through puberty."

Oh yeah you did mention that before. And on a side note, along with order of the stick, I'm enjoying ps238, thanks for the link:)

Anyway, it's Attractive 3 then. Hopefully when the time comes I decide to make it 4 I have a good explaination.

a new hairdo maybe?..lol :D

Or I'll just keep it at 3

(yeah, I really don't want her to have cosmeting surgery) :)

will be editing the sheet accordingly

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very sorry about that. Things have been hectic here. Let's see if I can get you to the next stage.

Adia was a very gifted child. She did exceptionally well in school and had no difficulty getting perfect marks. She was the best among her class. She would eventually advance and skip a few years in school. Many believed her to be a child prodigy, and that's what she was. This made her father proud and he lavished her with gifts.

It's easy to assume that she was her father's favorite. He spent more time with her than her younger sister. But every time her father would be around Ally, he would have this look in his eyes that only Adia could see. It was of love and affection. Adia knew that though he was very proud of her, he loved her sister more. Adia believed that she was brighter and more talented than her sister, clearly the better daughter. Adia would look down on Ally. Yet her father would never look at Adia with the same eyes. This made her doubt her worth. It was not enough that her father was proud of her...she wanted to be loved more. She was jealous of Ally and grew bitter.

when there would be other people present, Adia would be a good little girl, but when she was left alone with Ally, Adia would treat her sister terribly. Adia would tease Ally, feign indifference or toy with her emotions. She would also blame Ally for the loss of their mother. Adia would find joy in making her sister confused or cry.

Growing up, Adia would continue to do her best in all her endeavors. She became superior among her peers. Because her father wanted to give her the best education money can buy, she sent her out of the country to learn in the best schools. He would even hire tutors and private teachers for her. She would be exposed to different arts, philosophies and fields of knowledge. She'd be involved in different extracurricular activities from dancing to basic gymnastics making her very agile and lithe. Adia was excellent in her time management. During the course of her studies, Adia excelled in computer science and engineering. Around this time, Ally was becoming rebellious back home. Living a very carefree life and spending money.

At 18, Adia would have already graduated college and returned home. She grew up to be a very attractive young lady. Adia knows she's beautiful, and she uses this to her advantage. She would use her appeal and charm to get what she wanted out of people. She was very well liked and some would even worship her. Being able to make people do what she wanted made her proud. It fed her ego and belief that she was superior. She became very narcissistic and conceited. She would start watching her weight and became slimmer.

Adia had her critics. They would call her a spoiled socialite brat. The speculated that she couldn't have done it on her own without her father's help. She sought to prove them wrong.

Lawin Tech was supposed to be hers. Enraged, she left their mansion to clear her head.

Mysteriously Ally was found dead in her room the next day. It was never said what caused her death. Nobody knew what occurred that night. Because there wasn't any sufficient evidence that pointed to Adia, there was no trial. People could only speculate.

Non-stop, Adia was hounded by the press. Even the local "heroes" would invade her home looking for clues and harassing her. Even before, she already hated these super powered vigilantes. She compared them to rich spoiled brats who abused their

wealth and power. Abusing their power which they didn't earn. Wealth they didn't work hard for. In her eyes, they were unworthy for such easily earned power...just like the way she saw her sister.

Not long, she would find this annoyance and the stress unbearable. Her father's right hand man, a man named Mr. Vinbar whom she trusts, convinced her that it was too dangerous for her to stay. He claimed that there were many vigilantes after her. And there were those who would want to kidnap her.

As a precaution, Adia modified the designs of Lawin Tech's PDA and Mobile Phone and created a portable multi-function device. She would also take her personal bodyguard (who more often was just her driver and errand boy) with her.

It isn't that she's hiding from the scandal surrounding her family's death or from the vigilante's who sought her out. It was just that her home, the company and her country reminded her of her father and sister which brought painful memories. Though she wanted to be active with the investigation of her sister's death, Mr. Vinbar advised against it and insisted that he take care of it. He assured her he'd see to it that the people responsible for Ally's death would be caught.

She still owns the company, but grew weary of it so she appointed Mr. Vinbar to oversee the business. Her late mother's family had an estate at Freedom City and she decided to move in.

Better. Thank you for the changes.

In the outside, Adia is very charming and graceful. She sometimes appears to be down-to-earth, but in actuality she is only feigning. She knows how to fake a smile and a laugh. Her real smile is very faint and almost unnoticeable. She knows people find her attractive, and she uses her beauty to her advantage.

Whenever she would meet people, she would be profiling them. She would assess what kind of person they are. If a person does pique her curiosity, she'd try to learn more about him/her.

Again, better. It gives the character more depth.

Complications:

Enemy (possible vigilantes and supers from her country of origin), Prejudice (Adia will not associate with mutants, extra terrestrials, extra dimensionals and unnatural beings. However, she is willing to associate with those who derive their powers from devices or learned skills. She may or may not associate with magic users),

Still not so clear on the Prrejudice part as why she would make an exception for magic users, but I'm willing to tlet it go.

Pride (She does not hide nor sneak), Scandal (She'd become very defensive if someone would pester her about the death of her family. She is also convinced that her argument with her father caused his death) Mr.Vinbar - Unknown to Adia, Mr. Vinbar has always wanted to take control over the company. While he was about to visit Mr. Angara, he saw Adia leave her father's room and slam the door. He knew he wasn't seen because she was blinded by her tears. He has never seen her like that before, so he knew something was up. He talked to Mr. Angara and found out about Ally inheriting the company. Mr. Vinbar never knew about that, he had always assumed the company would go to Adia. At that instant he realized that now was the perfect time for him to gain control over the company. He moved like he had been planning on this for so long. He manages to kill Mr. Angara and make it appear like he died of a heart attack. And then he murders Ally. Nobody knew that the company was supposed to go to Ally for their father never had it put in writing. Mr. Vinbar manages to convince Adia into leaving the country and make her choose him to oversee the company. While she's gone, he would have rumors about Adia's involvement in her sisters death and in time reveal the "discovery" that Ally was supposedly the rightful owner Lawin Tech to fuel the rumors. Right now, it is not known what his next move will be.

Okay. I like how you explain it.

Adds up.

Adds up. Still hope she stays out of fights.

Adds up.

Skills: 120r = 30pp

Acrobatics 1 (+6)

Computers 15 (+22)

Diplomacy 3 (+10/+22 attractive)

Notice 15 (+16)

Sense Motive 15 (+16)

Swim 1 (+6)

You have 135 ranks listed not 120. That brings you to 34 pps. You'll have to make some changes.

Feats: 40pp

Attractive 3

Benefit 5 (wealth)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 4

Fascinate (Bluff)

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improvised Tools

Inspire

Inventor

Jack-Of-All-Trades

Leadership

Master Plan

Redirect

Second Chance (Bluff)

Second Chance (Computers-Defeat Security)

Second Chance (Computers-Operate Remote Device)

Taunt

Well-Informed

You have 51 pps worth of feats here. More than the 40 that you have listed. This needs to be changed.

Adds up.

As a PL 3 character, he is limited to 8 ranks in skills. This needs to be changed.

Other than the skill problem, it adds up.

Adds up.

Powers: 24pp

Device 8 (provides 40pp;easy to lose) [24]

---

Communications and Connectivity Container 32 (PF: 8 Alternate Powers) [40]

Communication 8 ("Phone" radio; PF: Subtle 2) 10pp

Comprehend 3 ("Universal Translator";Understand,Speak and Read all languages) 6pp

Datalink 10 ("Wireless Uplink" radio; PF: Subtle 1) 11pp

Illusion 1 ("Holographic Display" visual, audio; Extra: Duration (sustained)) 4pp

Quickness 3 ("File Search Assistant"; Flaw:One Task(Computer-Find File)) 1pp

Adds up.

---

AP: Protection Container 32pp

Force Field 10 (Extra: Impervious; PFs: Selective, Subtle) 22pp

Mind Shield 10 10pp

Adds up.

---

AP: Utilities Container 32pp

ESP 8 ("Camera Link";Visual;Flaw: Medium (survailance cameras);Extra:Duration (sustained);PF: Subtle) 17pp

Super-Senses ("Utilities";Flaw:Duration(sustained);Accurate Detect Non-Human/Tremorsense, Darkvision, Detect(non-human) 3, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2, Radio, Radius Detect Non-Human/Tremorsense, Time Sense, Tracking(Infravision) 3, Tremorsense) 12pp

Quickness 3 ("Calculator";Flaw:One Task(Mathematical Calculations)) 1pp

Quickness 3 ("Repair Assistant";Flaw:One Task(Craft (Repair Electronics)) 1pp

Quickness 3 ("Information Database";Flaw:One Task(Knowledge Check)) 1pp

I'm finding it difficult to figure out what senses your Super senses are using. Is the detect non-human using tremorsense? I'm counting a lot more in that Super sense group than you've paid for. Accurate is 2pps. Why is Detect non-human 3pps? I see it now. It's the radius on it. Please list things once, not twice. (i.e. Accurate radius Detect Non human/ Tremorsense) The cost for your supersenses should be 10pps and it should be ranked at 20.

Quickness gives you 2rnks for 1pp, so you should have only 6ranks of quickness, not 9.

---

AP: Nauseate 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("Anti-Magic Shell";All Magical Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("EMP Emitter";All Technological Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Nullify 8 ("Mutation Inhibitor";All Genetic Powers; Extra: Nullifying Field, Duration (sustained)) 32pp

---

AP: Stun 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

---

AP: Paralyze 10 (Extra: Area(burst); PF: Affect Insubstantial 2) 32pp

Adds up.

DC Block:

Nullify 8--18/Will--Power Nullified

Stun 10--20/Fortitude--Stunned

Paralyze 10--20/Will--Paralyzed

Looks okay.

Costs: Abilities (42) + Combat (10) + Saves (4) + Skills (30) + Feats (40) + Powers (24) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

Needs to be adjusted to account for the ssections that need it.

I'm very sorry about that. Things have been hectic here. Let's see if I can get you to the next stage.

It's ok. Real life could be like that. Hope I can get to the next stage:)

Still not so clear on the Prrejudice part as why she would make an exception for magic users, but I'm willing to tlet it go.

Oh, I forgot to clear that up, sorry.

She doesn't respect people who use magic with no cost-those who haven't exchanged or studied anything for their powers. Those who traded their heath, youth or who have sacrificed greatly for their magical powers are the one's she's willing to deal with. Generally though, she doesn't trust magic because for her, magic is highly unpredictable.

Adds up. Still hope she stays out of fights.

Me too :D

Though fights are inevitable, I'm curious on how things will turn out

You have 135 ranks listed not 120. That brings you to 34 pps. You'll have to make some changes.

I counted 120.. is there something I missed?

Skill Rank [skillRank+Previous Total]

Acrobatics 1 [=1]

Bluff 3 [=4]

Computers 15 [=19]

Craft (Electronics) 15 [=34]

Diplomacy 3 [=37]

Gather information 1 [=38]

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 5 [=43]

Knowledge (Business) 5 [=48]

Knowledge (Civics) 5 [=53]

Knowledge (Current Events) 5 [=58]

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 5 [=63]

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 [=68]

Knowledge (Popular Culture) 5 [=73]

Knowledge (Technology) 15 [=88]

Language 1 [=89]

Notice 15 [=104]

Sense Motive 15 [=119]

Swim 1 [=120]

You have 51 pps worth of feats here. More than the 40 that you have listed. This needs to be changed.

Same as above..I counted 40pp... hope I did it right.

Attractive 3 [=3]

Benefit (diplomatic immunity) [=4]

Benefit 5 (wealth) [=9]

Connected [=10]

Contacts [=11]

Distract (Bluff) [=12]

Eidetic Memory [=13]

Equipment 4 [=17]

Fascinate (Bluff) [=18]

Fascinate (Diplomacy) [=19]

Fearless [=20]

Improvised Tools [=21]

Inspire [=22]

Inventor [=23]

Jack-Of-All-Trades [=24]

Leadership [=25]

Master Plan [=26]

Minion 3 (Fanatical) [6pp] [=32]

Redirect [=33]

Second Chance (Bluff) [=34]

Second Chance (Computers-Defeat Security) [=35]

Second Chance (Computers-Operate Remote Device) [=36]

Second Chance (Diplomacy) [=37]

Skill Mastery (Bluff,Computers,Craft,Notice) [=38]

Taunt [=39]

Well-Informed [=40]

As a PL 3 character, he is limited to 8 ranks in skills. This needs to be changed.

Ah, my bad.. edited his skills

Skills:36r = 9pp

Drive 8 (10)

Pilot 8 (10)

Search 4 (4)

Sleight of Hand 8 (10)

Stealth 8 (10)

I'm finding it difficult to figure out what senses your Super senses are using. Is the detect non-human using tremorsense? I'm counting a lot more in that Super sense group than you've paid for. Accurate is 2pps. Why is Detect non-human 3pps? I see it now. It's the radius on it. Please list things once, not twice. (i.e. Accurate radius Detect Non human/ Tremorsense) The cost for your supersenses should be 10pps and it should be ranked at 20.

Quickness gives you 2rnks for 1pp, so you should have only 6ranks of quickness, not 9.

I hope this is a clearer view of the super senses:

flaw(sustained) -1

Accurate Detect Non-Human 2

Accurate Tremorsense 2

Darkvision 2

Detect 3(non-human) 3

Direction Sense 1

Distance Sense 1

Infravision 1

Microscopic Vision 1

Radio 1

Radius Detect (non-human) 1

Radius Tremorsense 1

Time Sense 1

Tracking 3(infravision) 3

Tremorsense 3

Ultra-Hearing 1

24ranks

2 ranks per pp

12 pp

This is how I understand it: 1 rank of quickness is 1pp. If it's either mental or physical it's -1 making it 2ranks per 1pp. I chose one type which is a -2 flaw, making it 3ranks per 1pp. Am I mistaken?

I hope everything's in order :)

Thanks again! Real life should always be one's priority so I appreciate you taking time to check my character out

nfortunately, Ultimate Power explicitly states that the duration of Super-Senses may not be changed, and I totally agree. You lose basically nothing for the flaw.

Ah, I see... thanks:)

made the changes:

Accurate Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens 2

Detect 3(Homo Sapiens Sapiens) 3

Direction Sense 1

Distance Sense 1

Infravision 1

Microscopic Vision 1

Radio 1

Radius Detect (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) 1

Time Sense 1

12pp

Changed Detect non human to detect homo sapiens sapiens

Accurate Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens 2

Detect 3(Homo Sapiens Sapiens) 3

Radius Detect (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) 1

Changed Detect non human to detect homo sapiens sapiens

What are you trying to model here? And are you aware that without Ranged, your Radius sense extends out as far as your sense of touch? Also, what sense type is it?

For consistency, that should be written as Accurate Radius Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens [4]

What are you trying to model here? And are you aware that without Ranged, your Radius sense extends out as far as your sense of touch? Also, what sense type is it?

I'm going for something like a scanner that would tell the user whether someone or thing is human. Characters with divine or magical powers would still come out as human in the scanner unless their powers would change their biology.

I re-read the super-senses description. I thought 3 ranks of detect would make it ranged...but since it says "a separate +1 rank" I should've instead of detect 3 indicated ranged detect 2..my bad.

As for type.. since it's an electronic scanner, it would be radio.

For consistency, that should be written as Accurate Radius Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens [4]

Will do

Accurate Ranged Radius Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens [6]

Is this right?

No, it'd be Accurate Ranged Radius Detect Homo Sapiens Sapiens [5] -- 2 for basic Ranged Detect, +2 for Accurate, +1 for Radius.

I see, thanks!

a plus +1 would make it possible to use the sense as a free action right?

but then again, it doesn't have to be used as a free action.

I'll be adding tracking (infravision) 1 to make a total of 12 pp for the super-senses

Super-Senses are a free action by default.

Ah, I see, thanks:)

I was thinking one rank of detect would allow one to detect with a notice check and move action, 2 ranks to make it a sense for it to be a free action and a separate 3rd rank for ranged

it's good to know I don't need an extra rank to make it a free action after all :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may come as a shock to you, my faithful readers.

Those who have been following my blog would know that the producers have been planning to invite Adia Angara to guest on my show (Tonight with Rich Lo: 10pm, Mondays to Saturdays on channel 8). You know that I'm not much of a fan of the Lawin heiress. I have, in numerous occasions, called her a elitist, narcissistic and shallow daddy's girl whose only problem is how to squander the family's fortune (Which is why 98% of hate mail and spam I receive are from her rabid fans). I told my people that I wanted to meet with Ms. Angara's people personally. We held the meeting last night at The Promenade. I was half expecting her people not to show up despite the good food.

They didn't. Instead, it was Ms. Angara herself!

Beforehand, all I've seen of the Heiress was through pictures or television. I have never seen her in person. I have to say, she's definitely the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I know it's terribly cliche, but for a moment I thought I was staring at an angel. I was stunned! She came in wearing this stylish black blazer, which was in contrast to her pinkish white skin, and a tight short skirt. I for one know close to nothing about fashion, and I normally find clothes that reveal too much and short skirts tasteless. But the ensemble was perfect on her. Her hair was laid back and flowing. Everybody on The Promenade gave pause just to watch her graciously walk to the table where I was seated. She had this elegant aura about her. And her scent! It was euphoric!

I stood and helped her to her seat. All of a sudden, I felt like I was on a date. I've eaten with actors, models, artists, monarchs and presidents, but that was the first time I felt nervous. Luckily, we were able to discuss her guesting in our show. At first she was all business, but later in the evening we started talking casually. Such a charming young lady.

Apparently, it is only this week that she has nothing on her calendar and that she'd be free to guest on our show until tomorrow. I call our producers and had them reschedule my interview with the President.

As we were about to part, she mentioned that she has read my blog and my commentaries, including the ones about her. Now, I knew that one day we'd meet and she'd tell me that she has read what I wrote about her. Plenty of times I rehearsed in my head what to reply. I came up with a witty retort...which I completely forgot! She noticed the blank look on my face and smiled.

Well, my dear readers, you can forget everything I previously said about her. It's the first time in my whole career I believe I was wrong. She's intelligent, driven and beautiful. This sophisticated young lady is the personification of grace. Catch the charming Ms. Adia Angara tomorrow night at 10 pm.

Oh, and to those who are curious, no, I'm not in love with her. I'd eat my tie before that day comes.

Previous Post: "In the Presence of a Hero"

Next Post: "I Eat My Tie on Live Television"

OKay here.

History:

Okay.

Okay

Complications:

Enemy (possible vigilantes and supers from her country of origin), Prejudice (Adia will not associate with mutants, extra terrestrials, extra dimensionals and unnatural beings. However, she is willing to associate with those who derive their powers from devices or learned skills. She may or may not associate with magic users), Pride (She does not hide nor sneak), Scandal (She'd become very defensive if someone would pester her about the death of her family. She is also convinced that her argument with her father caused his death) Mr.Vinbar - Unknown to Adia, Mr. Vinbar has always wanted to take control over the company. While he was about to visit Mr. Angara, he saw Adia leave her father's room and slam the door. He knew he wasn't seen because she was blinded by her tears. He has never seen her like that before, so he knew something was up. He talked to Mr. Angara and found out about Ally inheriting the company. Mr. Vinbar never knew about that, he had always assumed the company would go to Adia. At that instant he realized that now was the perfect time for him to gain control over the company. He moved like he had been planning on this for so long. He manages to kill Mr. Angara and make it appear like he died of a heart attack. And then he murders Ally. Nobody knew that the company was supposed to go to Ally for their father never had it put in writing. Mr. Vinbar manages to convince Adia into leaving the country and make her choose him to oversee the company. While she's gone, he would have rumors about Adia's involvement in her sisters death and in time reveal the "discovery" that Ally was supposedly the rightful owner Lawin Tech to fuel the rumors. Right now, it is not known what his next move will be.

Okay

okay

Okay

okay

Skills: 120r = 30pp

Acrobatics 1 (+6)

Computers 15 (+22)

Diplomacy 3 (+10/+22 attractive)

Notice 15 (+16)

Sense Motive 15 (+16)

Swim 1 (+6)

Okay. I must have been on crack when I counted it the last time. Sorry about that.

Feats: 40pp

Attractive 3

Benefit 5 (wealth)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 4

Fascinate (Bluff)

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improvised Tools

Inspire

Inventor

Jack-Of-All-Trades

Leadership

Master Plan

Redirect

Second Chance (Bluff)

Second Chance (Computers-Defeat Security)

Second Chance (Computers-Operate Remote Device)

Taunt

Well-Informed

Okay. Again must have been spaced the last time I counted. Adds up.

Power Level: 3

Characters Name: Manong

Alternate Identity: none

Height: 6'

Weight: 200lbs

Hair: dark brown

Eyes: brown

Stats: 16pp

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 8pp

Attack: +2

Grapple: +5

Defense: +2 (+1 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1

Initiative: +2

Saves: 11pp

Toughness: +3 (+0 Con, +0 other)

Fortitude: +6 (+3 Con, +3)

Reflex: +5 (+2 Dex, +3)

Will: +5 (+0 Wis, +5)

Skills: 36r = 9pp

Drive 8 (10)

Pilot 8 (10)

Search 4 (4)

Sleight of Hand 8 (10)

Stealth 8 (10)

Feats: 1pp

Equipment 1

Commlink 1ep

Shades 1ep

Mini-Tracer 1ep

Video Camera 2ep

Costs: Abilities (16) + Combat (8) + Saves (11) + Skills (9) + Feats (1) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 45

Okay adds up.

Headquarters 20ep

large 2ep

toughness +20 3ep

features (communications,computer,dock,fire prevention system, garage,hangar,holding cell,infirmary,laboratory,library,living space,power system,security system 2,workshop) 15ep

Okay.