Create Object questions

Heritage

Looking at Divine's sheet reminded me of my plans for Grim's next power; Grim is basically a faerie who controls glamour, mostly the stuff she herself is made from but perhaps being able to summon forth larger amounts now that she's getting to be more powerful. This glamour would be used for her to make 'props' to aid in her disguises beyond the clothes she can conjure up at will, or useful items she would only use occasionally.

I was thinking of spending 4 pp to get one rank of CO with Range dropped to Touch, the Duration extra and Precise and Subtle feats. First of all, is my gamer math right? If it would be more than 4, let me know, I could maybe make do without Duration. The second point is, how detailed are talking here? Could she make convincing fake IDs, assume she's studied the original closely? Could make something as complicated as a single speed bike, or is that really pushing it?

Thanks!

In regards to conjuring the props for Disguise, or any other skill for that matter, you could just model that ability with Enhanced Feats 1 (Improvised Tools) for 1PP.

(Though I'm not sure you even need tools for Disguise checks made with Morph.)

Your gamer math on the Create Object effect is correct. As to how much detail the Precise feat gets you...good question.

Moira asked a similar question in this thread. Looking back on it, I'm not sure the question was every definitively answered.

Hrrmmm...

If it's a fake ID along the lines of a simple plastic badge with your name & photo, I'd say that could be done with Morph (assuming that either your normal clothes are some sort of Morphic Molecules, or you're doing the "my clothes are my skin" thing Mystique and Morph do... though in that case, someone tearing off the ID badge would hurt!)

If it's a fake ID with name, photo, and a bar code that scans your ID... I'd probably allow that for Morph, if you also made a Computer check to make sure you got the bar code right (and of course you'd also need sample barcode on hand to study).

If it's something fancier, like an ID badge with a magnetic strip containing info, yeah, that's at least Precise Subtle Create Object, along with a Craft (Electronics) roll.

Hrrmmm...

If it's a fake ID along the lines of a simple plastic badge with your name & photo, I'd say that could be done with Morph (assuming that either your normal clothes are some sort of Morphic Molecules, or you're doing the "my clothes are my skin" thing Mystique and Morph do... though in that case, someone tearing off the ID badge would hurt!)

If it's a fake ID with name, photo, and a bar code that scans your ID... I'd probably allow that for Morph, if you also made a Computer check to make sure you got the bar code right (and of course you'd also need sample barcode on hand to study).

If it's something fancier, like an ID badge with a magnetic strip containing info, yeah, that's at least Precise Subtle Create Object, along with a Craft (Electronics) roll.

Mostly I'd be looking for something to pass visual inspection, that could be handed to someone and handed back; modern ID often contain holograms and whatnot, which would be the really tricky part.

Mostly I'd be looking for something to pass visual inspection, that could be handed to someone and handed back; modern ID often contain holograms and whatnot, which would be the really tricky part.

Any answer on my last question? C'mon, these PP are burning a hole in my pocket! :D

The Refs have been (more than) a tad busy with assorted RL issues, and so have not yet made a decision on this. Sorry :(

Fair enough. Well, I know I want CO, and it sounds like Morph by itself more than likely won't cut it for IDs, so I'll just submit the change for approval and updating :)