An Introduction to Freedom

Agnes launched herself into the dark sky. High above the city she flew toward the approaching figure. As sheltered as she was, Agnes didn't recognize the woman in the red, white, and blue costume. And the woman certainly didn't know Agnes. As the figures grew closer, Lady Liberty stopped her forward progress and began to hover.

As soon as Agnes was within earshot, Lady Liberty called out, "Who are you, and what do you know about what's been going on tonight?" The famous Freedom City heroine folded her arms across her chest and tried to look imposing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnes launched herself into the dark sky. High above the city she flew toward the approaching figure. As sheltered as she was, Agnes didn't recognize the woman in the red, white, and blue costume. And the woman certainly didn't know Agnes. As the figures grew closer, Lady Liberty stopped her forward progress and began to hover.

As soon as Agnes was within earshot, Lady Liberty called out, "Who are you, and what do you know about what's been going on tonight?" The famous Freedom City heroine folded her arms across her chest and tried to look imposing.

Agnes could see Lady Liberty long before she could hear her which seemed a bit strange, since she was still quite far away, but the girl kept flying closer with her sword drawn, even after the red, white, and blue hero had come to a stop. Willing herself to stop too, Agnes wasn't sure what to do next. This was obviously a very powerful person, and probably one of the good guys, given the colors on her costume.

"Who are you, and what do you know about what's been going on tonight?"

Agnes gripped her sword tighter. "Who are you?" she said in a small voice. Agnes didn't really know what she was doing, and she had only the most basic of plans. She was going to stall this super-person until her friends had a chance to clear out of the neighborhood, just in case she was connected to the monsters that attacked them. "Who are you?" she repeated, holding the sword up a little higher.

Agnes could see Lady Liberty long before she could hear her which seemed a bit strange, since she was still quite far away, but the girl kept flying closer with her sword drawn, even after the red, white, and blue hero had come to a stop. Willing herself to stop too, Agnes wasn't sure what to do next. This was obviously a very powerful person, and probably one of the good guys, given the colors on her costume.

Agnes gripped her sword tighter. "Who are you?" she said in a small voice. Agnes didn't really know what she was doing, and she had only the most basic of plans. She was going to stall this super-person until her friends had a chance to clear out of the neighborhood, just in case she was connected to the monsters that attacked them. "Who are you?" she repeated, holding the sword up a little higher.

"Who are you?"

Lady Liberty raised one eyebrow. "I asked you first." She hovered a little closer. "Look, kid, I don't know who you are, but there's a lot going on tonight. If you aren't a part of the problem . . . and I don't think you are; villains don't usually wear sweatshirts . . . then stay out of my way. Understand?

"Who are you?"

Lady Liberty raised one eyebrow. "I asked you first." She hovered a little closer. "Look, kid, I don't know who you are, but there's a lot going on tonight. If you aren't a part of the problem . . . and I don't think you are; villains don't usually wear sweatshirts . . . then stay out of my way. Understand?

"Who are you?"

Agnes was emboldened by the implicit thread. "I understand that my friends are down there. And they're safe for now. I intend to keep it that way." Agnes floated a little closer herself. She kept her sword tip, pointed directly as Lady Liberty's head. "Understand?"

Agnes was emboldened by the implicit thread. "I understand that my friends are down there. And they're safe for now. I intend to keep it that way." Agnes floated a little closer herself. She kept her sword tip, pointed directly as Lady Liberty's head. "Understand?"

"That tells me all I need to know. First werewolves, then mummies, now . . . angels? That's a pretty lousy costume, by the way. "

As soon as the last word was out of her mouth, Lady Liberty zoomed across the dark sky toward Celestia. She turned sideways just enough to glide past the sword tip and then . . .

CRACK!

. . . in classic Lady Liberty fashion, she delivered a solid blow to Celestia's jaw.

"That tells me all I need to know. First werewolves, then mummies, now . . . angels? That's a pretty lousy costume, by the way. "

As soon as the last word was out of her mouth, Lady Liberty zoomed across the dark sky toward Celestia. She turned sideways just enough to glide past the sword tip and then . . .

CRACK!

. . . in classic Lady Liberty fashion, she delivered a solid blow to Celestia's jaw.

CRACK!

When Lady Liberty's fist collided with Agnes' face, she didn't strike flesh and bone. She struck metal. Just before the haymaker landed, a gleaming helm had appeared on Agne's head, absorbing the impact. Agnes was oblivious to what had happened. Her jaw was stinging painfully, but that was the worst of it. The blow jerked Agnes' head around to the side, but she quickly righted it again. The girl could tell by the look on Lady Liberty's face that that was her best shot, and it had little effect. Agnes was tempted to blurt out some sort of chide heroes were so famous for, but she held her tongue. Pride goes just before the fall.

Agnes chose action instead of words. Still believing Lady Liberty to be an enemy, she gripped her sword in both hands and took a hard

swing at her with the sword.

When Lady Liberty's fist collided with Agnes' face, she didn't strike flesh and bone. She struck metal. Just before the haymaker landed, a gleaming helm had appeared on Agne's head, absorbing the impact. Agnes was oblivious to what had happened. Her jaw was stinging painfully, but that was the worst of it. The blow jerked Agnes' head around to the side, but she quickly righted it again. The girl could tell by the look on Lady Liberty's face that that was her best shot, and it had little effect. Agnes was tempted to blurt out some sort of chide heroes were so famous for, but she held her tongue. Pride goes just before the fall.

Agnes chose action instead of words. Still believing Lady Liberty to be an enemy, she gripped her sword in both hands and took a hard

Lady Liberty was indeed shocked at the hardness of the little girl's skull. Hitting her head was like hitting steel . . . only harder. She didn't have much of a chance to contemplate the situation, because that menacing blade was dancing through the air right at her head. Lady Liberty, and expert flyer through years of experience, easily danced out of the way. She then closed the distance again, and tried to deliver another bone-crunching blow to the girl's pretty little face. Lady Liberty was so intent, however, on maximizing the impact that the attack was sloppy, and the girl ducked just out of the way.

"Hard and fast?" Lady Liberty remarked after she recovered from the miss. "Let's see what you've got." The star-spangled heroine waved the girl over in a mock gesture.

Lady Liberty was indeed shocked at the hardness of the little girl's skull. Hitting her head was like hitting steel . . . only harder. She didn't have much of a chance to contemplate the situation, because that menacing blade was dancing through the air right at her head. Lady Liberty, and expert flyer through years of experience, easily danced out of the way. She then closed the distance again, and tried to deliver another bone-crunching blow to the girl's pretty little face. Lady Liberty was so intent, however, on maximizing the impact that the attack was sloppy, and the girl ducked just out of the way.

"Hard and fast?" Lady Liberty remarked after she recovered from the miss. "Let's see what you've got." The star-spangled heroine waved the girl over in a mock gesture.

Agnes felt the breeze from Lady Liberty's fist as it narrowly missed her chin. She only managed to duck out of the way at the last second. Her duck started her into a mid-air spin, and she allowed the momentum to carry her all the way around. Still gripping the sword with both hands Agnes slammed the blade into Lady Liberty's shoulder, enveloping the heroine momentarily in celestial light.

Agnes felt the breeze from Lady Liberty's fist as it narrowly missed her chin. She only managed to duck out of the way at the last second. Her duck started her into a mid-air spin, and she allowed the momentum to carry her all the way around. Still gripping the sword with both hands Agnes slammed the blade into Lady Liberty's shoulder, enveloping the heroine momentarily in celestial light.

Lady Liberty was knocked nearly senseless by the energy blast from Celestia's sword. She hurled back through the dark sky. It was all she could do to remain conscious and keep herself in the air. It was a devastating blow, but there was more to that attack than just the impact. Lady Liberty felt her mind, spirit, and consciousness . . . her very soul drained by the attack. She held her head with both hands against the dizzying effects.

"This is not going well," she thought. "Need help . . . "