An Introduction to Freedom

Lady Liberty was knocked nearly senseless by the energy blast from Celestia's sword. She hurled back through the dark sky. It was all she could do to remain conscious and keep herself in the air. It was a devastating blow, but there was more to that attack than just the impact. Lady Liberty felt her mind, spirit, and consciousness . . . her very soul drained by the attack. She held her head with both hands against the dizzying effects.

"This is not going well," she thought. "Need help . . . "

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Liberty was knocked nearly senseless by the energy blast from Celestia's sword. She hurled back through the dark sky. It was all she could do to remain conscious and keep herself in the air. It was a devastating blow, but there was more to that attack than just the impact. Lady Liberty felt her mind, spirit, and consciousness . . . her very soul drained by the attack. She held her head with both hands against the dizzying effects.

"This is not going well," she thought. "Need help . . . "

Agnes looked a bit surprised. This was the first time she had ever hit someone quite that hard. The woman was obviously pretty tough, but still . . .

"Oh, man." Agnes looked down at the city below. If she had really clobbered the woman, she could have easily plummeted to her death. Is that what Agnes really wanted? The girl clutched the sword in her left hand, keeping its point low. With her right hand she pushed her hair back out of her eyes. When Agnes glanced down something gleaming caught her eye. It was her shoes. Make those boots. Agnes' hand-me-down sneakers were gone and her feet and bare legs were clad in brilliant silver armored boots of some kind. She looked down again. Her whole body was clad in a celestial-looking armor as ornately apportioned as her sword hilt. "A matching set," she mumbled. "Nice."

Agnes turned her attention back to the woman clad in the American flag. "I think this is where you turn red and vanish," Agnes said.

Agnes looked a bit surprised. This was the first time she had ever hit someone quite that hard. The woman was obviously pretty tough, but still . . .

"Oh, man." Agnes looked down at the city below. If she had really clobbered the woman, she could have easily plummeted to her death. Is that what Agnes really wanted? The girl clutched the sword in her left hand, keeping its point low. With her right hand she pushed her hair back out of her eyes. When Agnes glanced down something gleaming caught her eye. It was her shoes. Make those boots. Agnes' hand-me-down sneakers were gone and her feet and bare legs were clad in brilliant silver armored boots of some kind. She looked down again. Her whole body was clad in a celestial-looking armor as ornately apportioned as her sword hilt. "A matching set," she mumbled. "Nice."

Agnes turned her attention back to the woman clad in the American flag. "I think this is where you turn red and vanish," Agnes said.

Lady Liberty shook her head against the fuzziness that had taken over her brain. Things were starting to clear, and she heard the girl distinctly . . .

"I think this is where you turn red and vanish."

“That’s what Eagle said,†Lady Liberty thought. “Maybe she’s . . .â€Â

“Who are you?†Lady Liberty demanded again. “Talk to me, kid. You’re about to be in a heap of trouble.†She took a bold tone for someone who just got their butt kicked and was only still in the air because her opponent had showed mercy, but Lady Liberty’s instincts told her something was amiss.

Lady Liberty shook her head against the fuzziness that had taken over her brain. Things were starting to clear, and she heard the girl distinctly . . .

“Who are you?†Lady Liberty demanded again. “Talk to me, kid. You’re about to be in a heap of trouble.†She took a bold tone for someone who just got their butt kicked and was only still in the air because her opponent had showed mercy, but Lady Liberty’s instincts told her something was amiss.

It was starting to dawn on Agnes too, that this was all a big mistake. Agnes was getting that feeling that she used to get when she was little and was about to get in trouble with the nuns.

“Who are you?†Lady Liberty demanded again. “Talk to me, kid. You’re about to be in a heap of trouble.â€Â

If this was a real hero she was beating on, then she was in real trouble. "Agnes," she said sheepishly. "My name is Agnes. I was just..." She didn't really have good answer for what she was doing. "I thought I was..."

It was starting to dawn on Agnes too, that this was all a big mistake. Agnes was getting that feeling that she used to get when she was little and was about to get in trouble with the nuns.

“Who are you?†Lady Liberty demanded again. “Talk to me, kid. You’re about to be in a heap of trouble.â€Â

If this was a real hero she was beating on, then she was in real trouble. "Agnes," she said sheepishly. "My name is Agnes. I was just..." She didn't really have good answer for what she was doing. "I thought I was..."

Lady Liberty was calm and firm in her tone. “My name is Lady Liberty. I’m a member of the Freedom League. There have been several disturbances in the area. You should not be here. Get out of the way and let us worâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬Â

CRACK!

There was a deafening crack of thunder as the bolt of electricity struck Agnes in the back.

“Wait!†Lady Liberty screamed. “She’s not one of them!â€Â

Captain Thunder came swooping in, crackling with electricity and ready to strike again.

Lady Liberty was calm and firm in her tone. “My name is Lady Liberty. I’m a member of the Freedom League. There have been several disturbances in the area. You should not be here. Get out of the way and let us worâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬Â

CRACK!

There was a deafening crack of thunder as the bolt of electricity struck Agnes in the back.

Captain Thunder came swooping in, crackling with electricity and ready to strike again.

CRACK!

Agnes was caught completely by surprise. The blast of electricity drilled into her back, blistering her skin and wrenching her head over heals. The shockwave sent her sailing past Lady Liberty toward the ground. She blacked out for a moment, but the rush of the cold air quickly brought her back. Agnes tried to straighten out, to stop her decent, but the pain in her back was excruciating. She let out a cry of pain and doubled over again, but the exercise of her will was sufficient to bring her to a stop, hovering in the night sky. Traces of electricity still arced across her body, and her back was smoldering.

Agnes was caught completely by surprise. The blast of electricity drilled into her back, blistering her skin and wrenching her head over heals. The shockwave sent her sailing past Lady Liberty toward the ground. She blacked out for a moment, but the rush of the cold air quickly brought her back. Agnes tried to straighten out, to stop her decent, but the pain in her back was excruciating. She let out a cry of pain and doubled over again, but the exercise of her will was sufficient to bring her to a stop, hovering in the night sky. Traces of electricity still arced across her body, and her back was smoldering.

Captain Thunder stopped his forward momentum and hovered in midair. His silvery cape whipped out behind him on the brisk air currents. Electricity crackled and popped around his body.

"Who is she?" he asked, uncertain of what to make of Lady Liberty's response.

"I don't know," she replied. And with a woosh, Lady Liberty took off after Agnes. She caught up to where the girl was hovering, relieved that she was still in the air. She could see the girl was badly injured. "Let me help you," she said. "Let's get you to the ground."

Captain Thunder stopped his forward momentum and hovered in midair. His silvery cape whipped out behind him on the brisk air currents. Electricity crackled and popped around his body.

"I don't know," she replied. And with a woosh, Lady Liberty took off after Agnes. She caught up to where the girl was hovering, relieved that she was still in the air. She could see the girl was badly injured. "Let me help you," she said. "Let's get you to the ground."

Lady Liberty lowered them to the top of the nearest building with Captain Thunder close behind. "I can take care of her, if there's still work to be done." she said. "I'm not sure who she is, but she's not one of those teleporting monsters."

Captain Thunder looked unsure. "I'll be on the comm if you need me." With a clap of thunder, he jetted off into the dark sky.

Lady Liberty gently lowered Celestia to the rooftop and put her hands on the girl's back. In a flash of brilliant light, the burns dissipated and the smoldering flesh was restored whole. "Better?" she asked pulling the girl into a sitting position. "Now, let's start again. My name is Lady Liberty of the Freedom League. Who are you?"

Lady Liberty lowered them to the top of the nearest building with Captain Thunder close behind. "I can take care of her, if there's still work to be done." she said. "I'm not sure who she is, but she's not one of those teleporting monsters."

Captain Thunder looked unsure. "I'll be on the comm if you need me." With a clap of thunder, he jetted off into the dark sky.

Lady Liberty gently lowered Celestia to the rooftop and put her hands on the girl's back. In a flash of brilliant light, the burns dissipated and the smoldering flesh was restored whole. "Better?" she asked pulling the girl into a sitting position. "Now, let's start again. My name is Lady Liberty of the Freedom League. Who are you?"