Null

N/A

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already had both Belphegor and Doc planned out to PL !4/219pp. Well, all but 10 or so pp spent, to leave wiggle room in case of unexpected in-game developments.

Now I'll have to work on the 250pp versions.

I do admit I am curious to see what other folks here ultimately envision their characters becoming.

I did a few wish list items for The Ghost, but most of them went to the backseat as I've managed to see the character in action. I plan on picking them up still, but when is the ultimate question. Also, I would need to decide how far to take some things.

Specifically the blast he has. Constantly pumping points into Penatrating really doesn't make sense. :D

I'm with MBCE on this one -- Hellbound's only been in action for a couple of months and I'm already changing my mind on some of the directions he can take. Most notably expanding on the level of Super Strength granted by his density. He was initially supposed to concentrate more on punching power than lifting, but there's certainly something attractive about opening up the character to unlimited power.

Once he can get somewhere with good enough weight machines to do some real strength training then I'll put a few more levels of SS onto his sheet.

Aside from that he'll probably remain a well balanced sort of go-anywhere-fight-anything type of guy. No particular specialty outside of being a universal ground pounder. Though I will admit, after seeing way too much of Ghost Rider lately, that he'd look damn good on a flying motorcycle :) Hey -- has Doc Ark ever thought about doing some custom work on a very hellish ride?

I can't see Arrowhawk being a PL 14/250 pp character, in the same way I can't see Batman as a PL 14 character. 250 pp maybe, but he'll max out at a certain point. I can see a PL 14's +17 to hit, but not +11 damage.

On the other hand, if I did build him at that pp cost I could have a sidekick (he is getting on a bit) and be a street-level God.

I did a few wish list items for The Ghost, but most of them went to the backseat as I've managed to see the character in action. I plan on picking them up still, but when is the ultimate question. Also, I would need to decide how far to take some things.

Specifically the blast he has. Constantly pumping points into Penatrating really doesn't make sense. :D

You could add other "unluck" attacks, like a Perception Range Drain Attributes (sudden muscle cramps, spasms, etc).

Well, this is the preliminary version of the USS DAKKA aka Malice

Malice

Power Level: 14

Trade offs: - 2 Defense / +2 Toughness, -2 Attack / +2 Damage

Power Points: 240/250

Stats: 44 PP

Str: 18/42 (+4/+16)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 18/32 (+4/+11)

Int: 22 (+6)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 18 (+4)

Combat: 44 PP

Attack: +12

Grapple: +16 or +36

Defense: +12 (+5 flat-footed) [base Defense +10]

Knockback: -24 in suit, -2 without suit

Initiative: +2

Saves: 10PP

Toughness: +16 (Imp 16), +4 without suit

Fortitude: +11/+4 [+11/+4 Con, +0]

Reflex: +5 [+2 Dex, +3]

Will: +9 [+2 Wis, +7]

Skills: 128r = 32 PP

Bluff 8 (+12)

Computers 12 (+18)

Craft (electronics) 12 (+18)

Craft (mechanical) 12 (+18)

Diplomacy 8 (+12)

Disable Device 8 (+14)

Gather Info 12 (+16)

Intimidate 8 (+12/+18 in suit)

Knowledge (business) 8 (+14)

Knowledge (civics) 8 (+14)

Knowledge (technology) 12 (+18)

Medicine 6 (+8)

Notice 6 (+8/+18 in suit)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Feats: 14 PP

All-Out Attack

Benefit 3 (Status [Head Researcher at Dart, Inc.], Wealth 3 [+20/Wealthy total])

Connected

Contacts

Dodge Focus 2

Equipment 2 (10 equipment points)

Inventor

Master Plan

Power Attack

Equipment: Headquarters (Hidden Bunker)

Size: Medium [1]

Toughness: 15 [2]

Features: Combat Simulator, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Power System, Security System, Workshop (dedicated to working on power armor) [7]

Powers: 100 PP

Device 25 (The Mantle of Freedom; 125 points, Hard to Lose) [100pp]

Device:

The Mantle of Freedom

Communication 4 (radio) {4}

Enhanced Constitution 14 {14}

Flight 5 {10}

Immunity 9 (life support) {9}

Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious 5) {10}

Impervious Toughness 11 {11}

Super Senses 6 (Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing) {6}

* AP: Super Senses 4 (Detect Weakness) PF: Assessment, Blind Fight - Combat Visor {1}

Weapons Array 24 (48 point powers; PFs: 8 Alternate Powers) {56}

* BE: Enhanced Strength 24 and Super-Strength 8 (effective Str 83; Lt Load 354.3 tons, Med Load 708.6 tons, Hvy Load 1065.0 tons) and Flight 4 (Effective Flight 9; 5,000mph) – Righteous Riot

* AP: Blast 16 (Extra: Auto-fire) – The 2nd Amendment

* AP: Blast 15 (Extras: Targeted 9- 5ft square cubes Shapeable Area, PFs: Indirect x3) – Liberation Cannon

* AP: Fatigue 15 (Extras: Ranged PF: Sedation, Improved Crit x2) - The American Dream

* AP: Drain (all save) 12 (Extras: Ranged) - Due Process

* AP: Snare 16 (Extras: Ranged) - Clear and Present Danger

* AP: Blast 14 (Extras: General Area Burst PFs: Progression x6 (7,000ft radius)) - The Button

* AP: Blast 14 (Extras: Perception Range PFs: Variable Desciptor x2 (any technological), Affects Insubstantial x2, Indirect x2 - Big Brother is Watching

* AP: Corrosion 16 (PF: Improved Crit, DB: May only be used while charging [-1] - The forefathers are dead. They're no longer here. But on my back, and in my heart, they live on.****

Drawbacks: -4

Normal Identity (full round) -4

Complications:

The Good

* Truth, Justice and the American Way - Malice seeks to right the wrongs he has committed in the past, and holds himself out as a paragon of virtue.

----- Also adds -1 Drawback: Honor-bound: gains no HP for above complication.

* Scrutiny - People don't forget to easily so people are quick to point out when Malice so much as puts a toe out of line.

The Bad

* Deranged Prophet - When in the presence of 25 people or more, Malice must make a DC 15 Will save, +1 for every step the crowd moves up on the Time and Value Progression Chart or preach to the crowd about the dangers of metas, regardless of the practicality or potential danger of said actions.

* Massive Ego - Malice must take every opportunity to brag about his accomplishments.

The Ugly

* Round the bend - Due to a combination of any or all of the following: past failures, imprisonment, the Captain, government and public outcry, discovery of Dr. Archeville's true nature, and manipulation of various nefarious forces (ie: Omega, Crime League). Malice's sanity isn't quite so intact anymore.

* They're all against me - Due to years of mistrusting most of everyone, Malice starts as unfriendly towards any NPC, and auto-fails any check to resist believing that others have sinister motivations against him.

DC Block:

Unarmed, "Naked" -- DC 19/Toughness -- Damage

Unarmed, "Righteous Riot" -- DC 31/Toughness -- Damage

Blast 16 -- 31/Toughness -- Damage (Autofire)

Blast 15 -- 30/Toughness -- Damage (Indirect 3)

Fatigue 15 -- 25/Fortitude -- Fatigue (Staged, Sedation, Improved Critical x2)

Drain 12 -- 22/Fortitude -- Drain (all Saves)

Snare 16 -- 26/Reflex -- Snare (Constricting, 8 damage)

Blast 14 -- 29/Toughness -- Damage

Blast 14 -- 19/Toughness -- Damage (Perception, Variable Descriptor x2, Affects Insubstantial x2, Indirect x2)

Corrosion 16 -- 26/Fortitude AND 31/Toughness -- Drain Toughness; Damage (Usable only while charging)

Costs: Abilities (44) + Combat (44) + Saves (10) + Skills (32) + Feats (14) + Powers (100) - Drawbacks (04) = 240 / 250

**** Cookie if you get the reference.

:arrow: Well, it's safe to say that DAKKA is really, really expensive but oh so totally worth it. :love: "The Button" was just thrown in their for laughs. By laughs I of course mean covering ~153,860,000 sq. ft. area in a rank 14 Blast, as a standard action. :twisted:

:arrow: Using Detect Weakness to find out an enemy's weakness and then exploiting it using a nice Perception range effect tailor made to combat you is also quite fun. It would be hysterical if the mods actually allow it too :)

:arrow: Similarly there is no way any reasonable GM would allow Due Process without at least a month's salary as a bribe.

:arrow: Other than those shenanigans however, it's a pretty straight forward deal. Malice has obviously been hitting the gym in this instance, so he's technically PL 8 out of his armor. A little more expensive that way, but could be a literal life saver. His offense is quite high all around though, and is no slouch defensively either with Impervious 16 and a base Defense of +10. His saves are however just about equal to what they are now. They're decent but won't be incredibly awesome.

:arrow: Skill wise, Malice is still very much the same, just a bit better. Picked up Intimidate and Gather Info as well, possibly from jail time. Really ramped up Notice as well. Through some Intimidate on the suit for obvious reasons.

:arrow: What's the deal with the Good, the Bad and the Ugly? Well I see Malice's career panning out in 1 of 3 ways right now. In "The Good" he is redeemed and brought to the side of good. He comes to realize that the metas aren't bad in and of themselves, so he has to judge each individual by their own actions. He now crusades to right the wrongs he has done to the world, and then plans to make the world a better place than when he entered it.

In "The Bad" scenario, Malice actually achieves a degree of success in his vendetta. This serves only to fuel his determination. He leads a crusade against super powered peoples the world over. In this process he becomes completely full of himself, convinced now more than ever that he is the greatest hope this world has for salvation.

In "The Ugly" scenario, Malice just flat out snaps when nothing goes his way. He tries time and again, but he never comes out on top. Add into this people hating him, never giving credit for what he does, and just general disillusionment with the world around him, and it's only a matter of time until Malice snaps. He becomes reclusive and paranoid, assuming everyone is out to get him. He goes from hiding in a corner for fear that anyone is after him, to leveling city blocks so they don't get to him first.

Stats: 42pp

Str 24 (+7)

Dex 24 (+7)

Con - (-)

Int 10 (+0)

Wis 20 (+5)

Cha 24 (+7)

Combat: 46pp

Attack +4 (+17 melee)

Grapple +24

Defense +20 (+9 flat-footed)

Knockback -5

Initiative +7

Saves: 12pp

Toughness +8 (Impervious 2)

Fortitude -

Reflex +12 [+7 Dex, +5]

Will +12 [+5 Wis, +7]

Skills: 114r=29pp

Bluff 12 (+19/+23, Skill Mastery)

Diplomacy 8 (+15/+19, Skill Mastery)

Gather Information 8 (+15)

Intimidate 15 (+22, Skill Mastery)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 12 (+12, Skill Mastery)

Knowledge (streetwise) 12 (+12, Skill Mastery)

Language (Old Slavonic, Atlantean, Latin [English base])

Notice 8 (+13)

Search 10 (+10)

Sense Motive 10 (+15, Skill Mastery)

Stealth 19 (+26, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Skill)

Feats: 46pp

Attack Focus (Melee) 13

Attractive

Challenges 5 (Accelerated Stealth, Discrete Inquiry, Forceful Intimidation, Mass Intimidation, Read Situation)

Connected

Contacts

Dodge Focus 1

Evasion 2

Fascinate 2 (Diplomacy, Intimidate)

Fearless

Fearsome Presence 10

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Pin

Luck 3

Power Attack

Skill Mastery 2 (Arcane Lore, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sense Motive, Stealth, Streetwise)

Sneak Attack

Takedown Attack

Ultimate Save (Will)

Ultimate Skill (Stealth)

Well-Informed

Powers: 65pp

Animal Control 4 (Extra: 20-ft. Burst Area; Flaws: Limited -- bats, rats, wolves, Limited -- nighttime) [3 pp]

Drain Constitution 1 (blood drain) [1 pp]

Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects) [30 pp]

Insubstantial 2 (gaseous; Extra: Linked: Flight 1 [10 mph]; Flaws: Limited -- nighttime) [7 pp]

Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 2) [10 pp]

Regeneration 18 (+10 recovery bonus, Resurrection 1/five hours [not when staked or beheaded]; Flaws: Source: Blood) [9 pp]

Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2 pp]

Strike 2 (claws and teeth; PF: Mighty) [3 pp]

Drawbacks: 6pp

* Weakness (dependent on blood, must drink 1 Con point worth of blood per night or suffer a cumulative -1 drain on all ability scores and will 'starve' to death after 10 nights; Very Common, Major; -3 points)

* Weakness (Holy Symbols, dazed for one round by losing an opposed Charisma check; Common, Moderate; -3pp)

Ladies and gentlemen, the King of the Vampires! PL 14 Avenger is slightly fragile for his PL, but with a possible DC 46 Stealth check, who cares? Capable of routinely sneaking up on the PL 14 Scarab and striking fear into the hearts of all but the strongest of souls, Avenger at this level is probably one of the most powerful vampires on Earth. The static nature of the undead means that his build has shifted in some interesting ways, turning him from a straight-up brawler into an invisible buzzsaw capable of chewing his way through a whole adventuring party.

* Deranged Prophet - When in the presence of 25 people or more, Malice must make a DC 15 Will save, +1 for every step the crowd moves up on the Time and Value Progression Chart or preach to the crowd about the dangers of metas, regardless of the practicality or potential danger of said actions.

I like this. :)

Just a theoritical pl 14, max points Matthias. Essentially death proof, unless he's one hit killed. Also, I figure by this point he'll have found someone who believes what he says(or is attracted to his power) so he gets a Sidekick. It's not in the board style because that's way more time then I fancy spending on theory.

Matthias

Power Level: 14 (250 power points)

Abilities: STR 10(+0) DEX 16(+3) CON 8(-1) INT 18(+4) WIS 16(+3) CHA 18(+4)

Skills: Escape Artist 8 (+11), Intimidate 12 (+16), Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) 16 (+20), Language (Latin, ), Perform (Oratory) 9 (+13), Sense Motive 6 (+9)

Feats: All-out Attack, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 2, Fearless, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 3, Luck 2, Quick Draw, Rage 2, Sidekick 6, Ultimate Effort (Save (Willpower))

Powers: Absorption (Physical) 15 (E:Both Types,Energy Storage;PF:Slow Fade), Transfer 14 (Drain (Constitution) 14;Boost (Trait (Strike)) 14)

Combat: Attack +10 Defense 18 (Flat-footed: 14) Initiative +15

Grapple: +17 (Attack - +114,Dexterity - +3,Size - +0)

Saves: Toughness -1 Fortitude +5 Reflex +9 Willpower +17

Lifting: 100 lb.

Equipment (10 points):

Compact Car

Knife

Cost Summary:

Ability 26 + Skills 16 (61 Ranks) + Feats 27 + Powers 119 + Combat 36 + Saves 26 = 250 / 250

I'm tempted to steal this one

Go ahead, I've got so few ranks in Notice it's amazing I hit the right keys half the time.

Good grief -- even with 250pp, it's still not enough to get everything I want for Doc or for Belphegor! :shock:

Yeah, you have to cut a surprising amount of junk to fit 250 PP. Because in your mind's eye building your character at PL 14 would be like the ultimate power trip, so you throw on all the bells and whistles. But the mind's eye is unfortunately very bad at math, so without some serious stat-fu you can't afford too much.

Super Malice originally had his entire weapons array linked to this Power:

Dazzle 4 (auditory) (Extras:General Area Burst Flaws:Touch Range PF:Progression (40ft area) {5} - DAKKA

But it was entirely too silly.

Belphegor (PL 14, 250pp)

Trade-Offs: None.

Abilities: [6+0+6+6+6+6 = 30pp]

Str 30/+10 (16/+3 without Powers)

Dex 16/+3 (10/+0 without Powers)

Con 30/+10 (16/+3 without Powers)

Int 16/+3

Wis 16/+3

Cha 22/+6 (16/+3 without Powers)

Combat: [12 on Attack, 12 on Defense = 24pp]

Attack: +14 (+6 without Powers)

Grapple: +29, +37 w/ “Unfettered Might” (+9 without Powers)

Defense: +14 (+6 flat-footed) (+6 without Powers [+3 flat-footed])

Knockback: -7, -14 w “Infernal Combustion” (-1 without Powers)

Initiative: +3 (+0 without Powers)

Saves: [6+6+6 = 18pp]

Toughness +14 (Impervious 14 when “charged”) (+3 without Powers)

Fort +16 (+9 without Powers) [+10/+3 Con, +6]

Ref +9 (+6 without Powers) [+3/+0 Dex, +6]

Will +9 (+19 when using "Pleasing Form power") [+3 Wis, +6; +10 Mind shield vs breaking disguise]

Skills: [120 ranks = 30pp]

Bluff 10 (+16, up to +24 w/ Attractive; +13 without Powers)

Craft (artistic) 6 (+9, +15 @ HQ; +4 more w/ Create Object)

Craft (structural) 6 (+9, +15 @ HQ; +4 more w/ Create Object)

Diplomacy 10 (+16, up to +24 w/ Attractive; +13 without Powers)

Disguise 0 (+36 w/ Morph; +3 without Powers)

Gather Information 8 (+14, up to +22 w/ Enhanced Skills; +11 without Powers)

Intimidate 2 (+8; +14 @ HQ; +5/+11 without Powers)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 10 (+13; +19 @ HQ)

Knowledge (art) 10 (+13; +19 @ HQ)

Knowledge (history) 10 (+13; +19 @ HQ)

Knowledge (streetwise) 10 (+13)

Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 5 (+8)

Language 3 (English, French, Latin; Dutch is native)

Notice 10 (+13)

Profession (antiquities appraiser) 10 (+13)

Sense Motive 10 (+13)

Feats: [8 feats]

Artificer

Connected

Contacts

Equipment 3 (Home/Shoppe)

Ritualist

Well-Connected

Terhune's shoppe has proven so successful that he's moved it (and his home) to a two-story mansion on a small hill overlooking much of Riverside. The basement contains ritual chamber which Belphegor has, through assorted inconceivably horrific acts, turned into a mystic power site.

Stats: Size: Large; Toughness: 10; Features: Computer, Concealed (mundane and inconspicuous mansion-sized antique store), Library, Living Space, Power 1, Power 2, Power 3, Power no.4, Security System 3 (DC 30), Workshop. [2+1+12=15]

Power no.1: Enhanced Skills 36 (+6 to Craft/Art, Craft/Structural, Intimidate, Knowledge/Arcane, Knowledge/Art, and Knowledge/History) plus Quickness 6 (x100; Flaw: only for the Design phase of Artificer/Ritualist) [9+2=11pp]

Power no.2: Nullify 4 (all Insubstantial effects; Extras: 100-ft. Burst Area [encompasses entire shoppe/house], Duration 3/Continuous, No Save; Flaws: Range/Touch; PFs: Progression 2 for Area, Subtle) [27pp]

Power no.3: Nullify 6 (all Teleport effects; Extras: 150-ft. Burst Area [encompasses entire shoppe/house], Duration 3/Continuous; Flaws: Range/Touch; PFs: Progression 2 for Area, Subtle) [27pp]

Power no.4: Obscure 5 (wards vs. detect magic and magic awareness, 100-ft. radius [entire shoppe/house], building does not radiate magic and magic used within the building cannot be sensed outside; Extra: Duration/Continuous; PF: Subtle) [18pp]

Powers: [36+12+6+14+16+6+4+14+3+11+4+10+2+10 = 148pp]

Demonic Powers 15 (30pp powers; PFs: 6 APs) [36pp]

BE: Comprehend 3 (languages 3 [speak any one at a time, understand any/all at once, read any]) plus Morph 6 (any humanoid, +30 Disguise; Extra: Duration/Continuous) plus Mind Shield 10 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“Long Lasting, But Less Flashy, Forms”)

AP: Comprehend 3 (languages 3 [speak any one at a time, understand any/all at once, read any]) plus Enhanced Feats 4 (Attractive 2 [+8 Bluff & Diplomacy], Fascinate 2 [bluff and Diplomacy]) plus Enhanced Skills 8 (Gather Information +8) plus Morph 6 (any humanoid, +30 Disguise) plus Mind Shield 10 (Flaw: Only applies to mental effects that try to uncover his true nature) (“Evil Takes Many Pleasing Forms and Speaks in Many Tongues”)

AP: Create Object 5 (Extras: Independent, Total Fade [lasts for 10 rounds]; PFs: Precise, Slow Fade 9/1 month [lasts for up to 10 months], Subtle) ("Object of Desire")

AP: Emotion Control 14 (PF: Subtle) ("Dark Passions")

AP: Enhanced Strength 8 (to 38/+14) plus Super-Strength 4 (to Super-Strength 9 [effective Str 83, Hvy Load 1,229 tons]; PFs: Groundstrike, Shockwave) (“Unfettered Might”)

AP: Hellfire Control 14 (PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2) ("Hellfire Bolt")

AP: Impervious Toughness 14 (note: Sustained duration) and Penetrating Strength/Strike 10 (PFs: Accurate [+16 attack], Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Takedown Attack 2) ("Internal Infernal Combustion")

Enhanced Attack 8 (More Agile) [16pp]

Enhanced Charisma 6 (More Charismatic) [6pp]

Enhanced Constitution 14 (Hardier) [14pp]

Enhanced Defense 6 (More Agile) [12pp]

Enhanced Dexterity 6 (More Agile) [6pp]

Enhanced Feats 4 (All-Out Attack, Dodge Focus 2, Power Attack) (Infernal Fighting Techniques) [4pp]

Enhanced Strength 14 (Stronger) [14pp]

Flight 3 (50 mph; Flaw: Limited/Only in true form) (Wings) [3pp]

Immunity 11 (aging, life support [cold, disease, heat, high pressure, poison, radiation, suffocation effect, vacuum], need for sleep) [11pp]

Protection 4 (Scaled Hide) [4pp]

Regeneration 9 (Bruised 2/standard action, Injured 2/5 minutes, Staggered 2/5 minutes, Disabled 2/1 hour, Death 1/1 week [can be permanently killed by a holy attack or while on consecrated/hallowed ground]; PFs: Diehard) (Demonic Regeneration) [10pp]

Super-Senses 2 (darkvision) (Demonic Eyes) [2pp]

Super-Strength 5 (effective Str 55) (Much Stronger) [10pp]

Drawbacks: [10pp]

• Involuntary Transformation (to true demonic form, in the presence of demons or demonic magic; uncommon, moderate [Will save to resist, DC = 10 + Will save bonus], -2pp)

• Power Loss (Flight, when wings are restrained, -1pp)

• Vulnerable (holy attacks, +50%; uncommon, major, -2pp)

• Weakness (to holy water, places, and objects; cumulative -1 drain on Constitution per minute; uncommon, -5pp)

DC Block

Unarmed -- DC 25/Toughness -- Damage

Unarmed w/ Infernal Combustion -- DC 25/Toughness -- Damage (Penetrating 10, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Takedown 2)

Unarmed w/ Unfettered Might -- DC 29/Toughness -- Damage

Hellfire Bolt -- DC 29/Toughness -- Damage (Affects Insubstantial 2)

Emotion Control -- DC 24/Will -- Emotion Control (Subtle)

Abilities 30 + Combat 24 + Saves 18 + Skills 30 (120 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 148 - Drawbacks 10 = 248pp (2 under!)

:arrow: Still very much inspired by Mr. Leland Gaunt from Needful Things, as well as so many deal-making devils from countless episodes of The Twilight Zone. He's developed more cunning and subtlety, though part of him still prefers to just rush in and blast/smash things.

:arrow: He's been working out, both physically and mentally (though some arcane shortcuts were involved), hence the higher 'base' ability scores. Plus, it makes the numbers more... appropriate. Ditto for saves.

:arrow: He's expanded his forging to also include furniture: lots of money to be had in fake Louis XIV, XV, and XVI cabinets, chairs, desks and tables, for example.

:arrow: He still has few ranks in Intimidate. It's just not his style, especially in his assorted human facades. If needed, he could probably power stunt an Enhanced Intimidate/Enhanced Feats (Fearsome Presence and/or Startle) effect off his Demonic Powers array.

:arrow: With a Knowledge/Arcane of +13, he is routinely capable of rituals with a DC of 23 by taking 10, sufficient for effects with a cost of 13pp. That's enough for Communication 9 (mental, anywhere on Earth; Subtle), Concealment 6 (all visual and auditory), ESP 4 (sight and hearing, 1 mile range), Telepathy 6 (20 miles/anywhere in Freedom; Subtle), or Teleport 6 (600 ft./20 miles; Easy).

:arrow: I intentionally did not add any Minions or Sidekick. By this point he would have cultists devoted to him, but what they can do for him is largely covered by the Connected, Contacts, and Well-Connected feats.

:arrow: If I could use a power similar to Magic Mastery (from Book of Magic; a 6pp/rank VP), I'd remove 4 ranks of Regeneration, and with those plus the 2 unspent pp replace the Demonic Powers Array with Demonic Power Mastery 6 (multiple demonic powers of up to 30pp total; Extra: Duration/Continuous). Explanation: Belphegor has unlocked both his full power (as the Archfiend of Sloth) and the power of the other six Archfiends, Asmodeus/Lust, Beelzebub/Gluttony, Leviathan/Envy, Lucifer/Pride, Mammon/Avarice, and Satan/Wrath.

If that would not be allowed, I'd probably just add more APs to the Demonic Powers Array, or perhaps some feats (moar Luck).

:arrow: Yes, he can buy your soul... or at least taint it, either via Artifice/Ritual or power stunting his Demonic Powers. Transform (being with soul to being with tainted soul, infernal powers [can rearrange existing points and add up to 3 more points], and the Vulnerability drawback [to fiendish/infernal effects, uncommon, major/x2; -3pp] [5/rank]; Extra: Duration/Continuous; Flaw: Range/Touch; PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable) [3pp + 5pp/rank]. An additional 3pp may not sound like much, but that's enough to give someone 12 ranks in skills, or to remove 3pp of some other drawback or Flaw. A high rank for the power isn't strictly needed, since by definition the target would be foregoing their save as they willingly make the deal, but a high rank would help it to not be countered (though due to the Incurable power feat, any countering effect would need to be Persistent).

:arrow: Other Demonic Tricks [30pp] he could pull:

:arrow: :arrow: Boost Intelligence 6 (Extra: Total Fade; Flaw: Others Only; PFs: Slow Fade 6/1 day [gain +6 Int for 6 days], Subtle) plus Linked Boost Feats 1 (Inventor feat; Flaw: Others Only; PFs: Slow Fade 7/1 week [gain the Inventor feat for 6 days], Subtle) [13+9=22pp]; the "real" Belphegor is associated with invention (re: Ludd was Right, New Technology is Evil, and Science is Bad), and this Belphegor can inspire people, too. It only lasts a week at a time, and though it's not a drug per se, there is a good chance some might get addicted to the mental rush he gives. There's enough points left he could throw in Morph 4 (any humanoid), so that the people he deals with has no idea what they're truly dealing with. Other possible ability/feat combos are Enhanced Constitution & Diehard, or Enhanced Charisma & Attractive.

:arrow: :arrow: Enhanced Charisma 26 (to 48/+19; Flaw: Only for Intimidate) and Enhanced Feats 15 (Fearsome Presence 14 [70 ft., DC 24], Startle) and Enhanced Intimidate 8 (to 10r/+29) [13+15+2=30pp]. He has such sights to show you...

:arrow: :arrow: Mental Blast 10 (Flaw: Sense-Dependent/Hearing) [30]. Harsh words, bitter invectives and brutal threats backed by demonic wrath to strike with real force.

:arrow: :arrow: Morph 6 (any Small or Tiny animal [cat, dog, hawk, lizard, owl, rat, raven, snake, or weasel], +30 Disguise) and Shrinking 8 (Tiny) [12+8=20]. Taking on animal form to spy or pretend to serve as someone's familiar. Could add Enhanced Skills or movement powers as needed.

:arrow: :arrow: Paralyze 14 (Extra: 70-ft. Burst Area; Flaw: Slow only) [28pp]. Mass infliction of sloth/depression to squash motivation.

:arrow: :arrow: Possession 10 [30pp], for when simply KO'ing a person and replacing them via Morph isn't adequate.

:arrow: :arrow: Strike 2 (Extra: Alt Save/Fortitude, Vampiric 12; PFs: Incurable, Mighty, Persistent) [2+12+12+3=29pp]. Sacrificing a living being to heal himself; can be used to heal otherwise Incurable damage, and the damage is itself Incurable (assuming the victim survives). Granted that with the No Killing rules and "More Silver Than Iron" tone we have in place, it's unlikely this would ever be seen, but I still thought it would be something interesting to stat out.

:arrow: :arrow: Telekinesis 6 (Str 30; Extra: Range/Perception; PFs: Precise, Subtle) [20pp]. Because getting up to do something is so un-Slothful, and TK is a classic demonic power.

:arrow: :arrow: Teleport 9 (Extra: Accurate; PFs: Easy, Progression 2/500 lbs. cargo) [30]. Another common demonic trick.

:arrow: If all his powers are nullified, he's still (just barely) PL 5 offensively & defensively.

Dr. Viktor Archeville (PL 14, 250pp)

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack for +2 Save Difficulty. -2 Defense for +2 Toughness.

Abilities: [0+3+0+10+10+0 = 23pp]

Str 10 (+0) (20/+5 raging)

Dex 13 (+1)

Con 10 (+0)

Int 24/30/38 (+7/+10/+14)

Wis 20/34 (+5/+12)

Cha 10/24 (+0/+7)

Combat: [16 on Attack 8, 16 on Defense 8 = 32pp]

Attack: +8, +12 in “Combat Mode” (+12 melee raging)

Grapple: +12

Damage: +0 (unarmed) or by invention

Defense: +9, +12 in “Combat Mode” (+4 or +6 flat-footed) (+7 raging)

Knockback: -15/-9/-4 (and an additional -17 from Immovability)

Initiative: +10

Saves: [4+5+3 = 12pp]

Toughness +16 [impervious 14] / +14 [imp 4] with Stealth Field / +4 [impervious 4]*

Fort +4 (+0 Con, +4), +9 raging

Ref +6 (+1 Dex, +5)

Will +10 (+7 Wis, +3), +13 raging

Hero Points: 4

Skills: [232 ranks = 58pp]

Bluff 5 (+7, +11 w/ Attractive)

Computers 12 (+22, +28 at HQ)

Craft (chemical) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Craft (electronics) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Craft (mechanical) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Craft (structural) 8 (+18, +24 at HQ)

Diplomacy 5 (+7, +11 w/ Attractive)

Disable Device 12 (+22, +28 at HQ)

Gather Information 5 (+7, +13 at HQ)

Investigate 8 (+18, +24 at HQ)

Knowledge (art) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (behavioral sciences) 5 (+15, +21 at HQ)

Knowledge (business) 5 (+15, +21 at HQ)

Knowledge (civics) 5 (+15, +21 at HQ)

Knowledge (earth sciences) 8 (+18, +24 at HQ)

Knowledge (history) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (life sciences) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Knowledge (physical sciences) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Knowledge (technology) 13 (+23, +29 at HQ)

Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 5 (+15)

Languages 10 (Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Urdu; German is native)

Medicine 8 (+15, +21 at HQ)

Perform (keyboard) 5 (+7)

Perform (oratory) 10 (+12)

Profession (scientist) 8 (+15)

Notice 5 (+12)

Search 5 (+15)

Sense Motive 5 (+12)

Sleight of Hand 5 (+6)

Feats: [36 feats]

Accurate Attack

Attractive

Beginner's Luck

Benefit 5 (Security Clearance, Status [CEO of ArcheTech], Wealth 3 [Total Wealth +23/Rich])

Connected

Defensive Attack

Dodge Focus

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 7 (35ep)

Fascinate (Perform [Oratory])

Improved Block

Improved Disarm

Improvised Tools

Inventor

Jack-of-All-Trades

Luck 3

Master Plan

Power Attack

Second Chance 3 (chemical, electronic, and mechanical Craft checks)

Skill Mastery 2 (Computers, Craft [chemical, electronic, mechanical], Disable Device, Knowledge [life sciences, physical sciences, technology])

Speed of Thought

Equipment:

Teleport Beacon for Scarab's Lair Teleporter (1ep)

"It's an object about the size of a quarter that will let you open up a 25ft x 25ft portal at your present location that will lead into The Lair. It only works if you're within 2,000 miles or on the same continent."

HQ no.1: A seemingly normal house in Hanover, Freedom City, USA. The inside is many, many time bigger than the outside.

Size: Large/Small (Mansion/House-sized); Toughness: 15; Features: Communications, Combat Simulator 2 (Attacks & Realistic Illusions), Computer, Concealed, Defense System (Snare 13 [Affects Insubstantial 2], +14 to hit), Dual Size*, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel**, Power no.1, Power no. 2, Power no. 3, Power no. 4, Power no. 5, Power System, Security System 4 (DC 35), Workshop, 3 Alternate HQs (up to 29ep each). Cost 2+2+28 = 32ep.

Power no.1: Enhanced Feats 1 (Well-Connected) plus Enhanced Skills 108 (+6r to Computers, Craft/Chemical, Craft/Electrical, Craft/Mechanical, Craft/Structural, Disable Device, Gather Information, Investigation, Knowledge/Behavioral Sciences, Knowledge/Business, Knowledge/Civics, Knowledge/Current Events, Knowledge/Earth Sciences, Knowledge/Life Sciences, Knowledge/Physical Sciences, Knowledge/Popular Culture, Knowledge/Technology, and Medicine; Useable By Others) (“Cutting-Edge Equipment, Uber-RSS Feeds, and Masterful Libraries”) [1+27=28p]

Power no.2: ESP 7 (auditory, radio and visual, 200 mile range [all of Freedom City and a good deal beyond]; Extra: No Conduit; Flaw: Medium – cameras and listening devices; PFs: Subtle) (“Security Tap”) [28p]

Power no.3: Healing 9 (Extra: Total; PF: Regrowth) (“Gesund Tank”) [28p]

Power no.4: Super-Senses 30 (communication link 3 [with Archeville's electromagnetic screwdriver and with his other two HQs], acute analytical extended 2 radius ranged tracking detect energy [radio sense], acute analytical extended radius ranged detect mutant powers, acute analytical detect time, microscopic vision 4, acute analytical precognition [Flaw: Only for predicting macro-scale trends and behaviors]) [3+8+6+3+4+3=27p]

(Detect Mutant Powers is a Sentinel-like ability to detect precisely what powers a mutant possesses. Detect Time is from some superhumanly advanced clocks, most of which look at first glance to be simple cuckoo clocks. Precog is similar to what Ozymandias in Watchmen had in his arctic HQ, dozens of tv & news monitors filtered through some data-sorting software and his own incredible brain allowing him to pick up on broad trends.)

Power no.5: Teleport 9 (to Schloss Wissenschaft and any Arche-Tech facility; PFs: Change Direction, Easy, Progression 4/2.5 tons of cargo)

HQ no.2: Schloss Wissenschaft (Science Castle), located in the Black Forest of Germany. Originally a small keep awarded to one of Archeville’s ancestors, it stands on a hill overlooking the junction where the Brigach and Breg rivers join to form the Danube river (and near the town of Donaueschingen). Archeville restored and expanded it, turning it into a sprawling 110-room castle whose granite walls are supported by titanium/vanadium steel bracing.

The basement and sub-basements hold wine cellars, detention dungeons, secret R&D laboratories, and a highly efficient fusion reactor with a geothermal tap back up. The ground floor contains the grand entry hall (with a large art gallery off to the side), a lavish reception hall, classrooms (see below), staff lounge and dining room (for non-robot staff), and a robot repair/recharge area. 2nd floor holds a ballroom, a large meeting room, a formal dining room, servant’s quarters, expensively furnished guest rooms, music room, museum, communications center, robotics laboratory/workshop, business offices, and a balcony overlooking the lands. 3rd floor holds R&D laboratories (primarily life sciences), an infirmary with state of the art quarantine chamber, pathology lab, and cryogenic storage, more living quarters (primarily for scientists and technicians who show exceptional talent and receive training from Archeville himself), a national surveillance center, and aircraft hangar/helipad. 4th floor contains R&D labs (primarily physical sciences) and a global surveillance center.

The castle’s massive central tower contains floors 5-10. Most of the 5th floor is take up by the Combat Simulator and gym, and the 6th floor contains Archeville’s living quarters. The 7th floor holds private laboratories and workshops for personal projects, and the 8th floor holds labs for studying “unusual” items (which includes both extraterrestrial and magical items). The 9th and 10th floors are Archeville’s massive library.

Most of the ground floor is open to the public at all hours (“if you can reach the place,” he figures, “you deserve at least a little something.”) The classrooms contain scores of “teaching computers” that can answer a number of questions; they are free for anyone to use, though they only display in German. These “teaching computers” have fully interactive file libraries on anatomy, astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, ecology, geology, medicine, physics, and zoology; they can also teach algebra, calculus, trigonometry, drafting, and electrical and mechanical engineering.

Size: Huge; Toughness: 15; Features: Combat Simulator 2 (Attacks & Realistic Illusions), Communications, Computer, Concealed, Defense System (Snare 13 [Affects Insubstantial 2], +14 to hit), Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells (Toughness 22), Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power no.1, Power no.2, Power no.3, Power no.4, Power System, Security System (DC 20), Workshop. [3+2+23 = 28/29]

Power no.1: Enhanced Skills 72 (+6r to Computers, Craft/Chemical, Craft/Electrical, Craft/Mechanical, Craft/Structural, Knowledge/Current Events, Knowledge/Earth Sciences, Knowledge/Life Sciences, Knowledge/Physical Sciences, Knowledge/Popular Culture, Knowledge/Technology, and Medicine; Useable By Others; PFs: Progression 10/up to 2,500 users simultaneously) (“Educational Computers”) [18+10=28p]

Power no.2: Same Healing as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

Power no.3: Same Super-Senses as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

Power no.4: Same Teleporter as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

HQ no.3: Archestern (“Arche-Star”), an orbiting satellite.

Size: Colossal; Toughness: 20; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power no.1, Power System, Security System, Workshop. [5+3+17 = 25/29]

Power no.1: Same Teleporter as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

HQ no.4: Nichtuberall (“Not Anywhere”), built inside a large asteroid in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. Only he knows about it: no humans were involved in its constructions, all robots involved in the construction were ultimately recycled into components of the HQ itself, and all information related to it was erased from his Earth-based computers (and his Electromagnetic Screwdriver) after it was completed. It can receive transmissions from Earth, but he never communicates back since that could reveal its location. It features luxurious quarters, a well-stocked library, an automated kitchen, and enough labs for him to do most of his work; there isn’t enough room for extensive testing of devices, so the labs mainly focus on theoretical work and computer modeling of prototypes. (He can save the data to the memory systems in his Electromagnetic Screwdriver and download it into one of his Earth-based computers at the first opportunity.) Its distant location is its best protection, but Archeville does not rely on that alone. It is entirely contained within the asteroid, there are no external indications that it is anything other than just another space rock. A stealth field damps out any electromagnetic “noise” the equipment inside makes, and a “mental stealth field” built into the walls makes it so anyone scanning for him psionically “sees” nothing unusual about the asteroid.

Size: Medium; Toughness: 20; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power no.1, Power no.2, Power no.3, Power System, Security System, Workshop. [1+3+17 = 21/29]

Power no.1: Same Enhanced Feats/Skills as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

Power no.2: Same Super-Senses as at Home HQ in Freedom City.

Power no.3: Obscure 7 (mental and radio, 500-ft. radius [entire HQ]; Extra: Duration/Continuous; PF: Subtle) [22p]

Powers: [8+53+16+7+2+3 = 89pp]

Device 2 (Armored Labcoat; 10pp, hard to lose) [2 x 4 = 8pp]

Device 13 (Gravimetric Belt; 65pp, hard to lose; PF: Restricted – only usable by those with a +10 or better modifier on Knowledge/Technology) [13 x 4 +1 = 53pp]

Pseudonaturally Enhanced Mind 7 (14pp powers; PFs: 4 APs; Drawback: Action 3/Full Round) [14 x 1 + 5-3 = 16pp]

BE: Enhanced Intelligence 14

AP: Enhanced Wisdom 14

AP: Enhanced Charisma 14

AP: Comprehend 4 (codes, languages 3 [speak any one at a time, understand any/all at once, read any]) ("Linguistic Analysis") and Enhanced Intelligence 6

AP: Enhanced Attack 4 (to +12) and Enhanced Defense 3 (to +12) (“Combat Mode”)

AP: Enhanced Feats 9 (Attack Focus/Melee 4, Rage 5 [+10 Str, +5 Fort and Will, -2 Defense, 10 rounds]) plus Protection 5 (with Labcoat, Toughness is +9 [imp 4])

Default Assignment: Enhanced Int 5 + Enhanced Wis 4 + Enhanced Cha 4

Gadgets 1 (Elektromagnetischer Schraubenzieher/Electromagnetic Screwdriver; 5dp, easy to lose; PF: Restricted – only usable by those with a +10 or better modifier on Knowledge/Technology) [1 x 6 +1 = 7pp]

Immunity 4 (aging, disease, poison, need for sleep; Flaw: Limited to half effect) [4 x 0.5 = 2pp]

Quickness 6 (x100; Flaw: Limited to mental tasks) [6 x 0.5 = 3pp]

Devices:

Armored Labcoat: 10

Immunity 2 (cold, heat) [2]

Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious; PF: Subtle; Drawback: Weak Spot) [8]

Elektromagnetischer Schraubenzieher/Electromagnetic Screwdriver:

Gadgets 1 (5 points)

Gravimetric Belt: 65

Enhanced Feats 3 (Environmental Adaptation [low-gravity, high-gravity, zero gravity]) [3]

Flight 1 (10 mph; PFs: Instant Up, Move-By Action) [4]

Immovability 1 [1pp]

Force Field 12 (Extra: Impervious 10; PFs: 1 Alternate Power, Selective) [24]

AP: Force Field 10 (Extra: Linked Concealment 10 [all auditory, olfactory, radio and visual senses; PF: Close Range; Flaw: Blending], PFs: Selective, Subtle)

Immunity 9 (life support; PF: Innate) [10]

Power Reserve 8 (Flight and Immovability; PFs: Additional Powers 2 [space Travel and Teleport]) [18]

Space Travel 1 (1c) [1]

Teleport 1 (100 ft; PFs: Change Direction, Change Velocity) [4]

3+4+1+24+9+14+1+4 = 60pp

Can use Power Reserve to pump Flight to 9 (5,000 mph), Immovability to 17, Space Travel to 17 (250k c), or Teleport to 9 (900 feet/20,000 miles).

Drawbacks: Vulnerability (+50% from Bluff checks to encourage him to Monologue; -2pp)

Abilities 23 + Combat 32 + Saves 12 + Skills 58 (232 ranks) + Feats 36 + Powers 89 – Drawback 2 = 247pp (2 left)

:arrow: Behold Doktor Archeville, in all his giant-pulsating-brain glory!

:arrow: Even if stripped of his Enhanced Mind and Electromagnetic Screwdriver, he's still at +20 on Craft (chemical, electronic and mechanical) and Knowledge (life sciences, physical sciences, and technology) skills, enough to reliably invent a Hard to Lose Device 5, or an Easy to Lose Device 6. With his full Enhanced Int and his E.S., he's at +33, enough to reliably invent a Hard to Lose Device 8, or an Easy to Lose Device 11.

:arrow: Added combat feats due to taking up fencing.

:arrow: Perform (Oratory) + Fascinate (Perform [Oratory]) = Technobabble/He Dazes Them With Science! Though it's a technique that's of little use without someone else there to take advantage of a foe's dazed state.

:arrow: His increased Benefits are from having established ArchTech, an international chain of multidisciplinary research centers (focusing especially on those fields pertaining to metahuman activity and the increasing emergence of metahumans) unconnected to any one government or any business interest. Fields of research & development include bionics and cybernetics, energy projection, force field generation, genetics (especially mammalian genetics) and genome stability, gravimetrics, advanced metallurgy, nanotechnology, particle physics, and others. In addition to its exotic research, ArcheTech provides humanitarian aid in times of crisis, a task aided by the telepads housed in each center that link them to each other. The corporate HQ for ArcheTech is in Freedom City, but there are branch offices in California, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington. Outside the United States, branches are located in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Venezuela. (His Wealth score is a reflection of only his own personal wealth, not the full wealth of ArcheTech.)

:arrow: I did not purchase those "corporate HQs" as HQs/Equipment, since they're largely plot points/setting elements, and any benefit they could grant him is already covered under his other feats. The three HQs he does have (and according to Kenson at least, such an "Array of HQs" is kosher) are under his direct command and control.

:arrow: When Archeville rages -- something he's loathe to do, but something I figured would see enough use to not simply be relegated to "power stunt" status -- his skin ripples, and his eyes become very shark-like. He can't use his Flight or Force Field, but his Labcoat can still protect him. When raging, offensively he'd just make it to PL 9 (+12 to hit, +5 damage), defensively he'd be PL 8 (Defense +7, Toughness +9 [imp 4]).

:arrow: Added Innate to Immunity/Life Support on Belt (so it cannot be Drained or Nullified), to represent quintuply-redundant systems. Losing Flight or Space Travel or even his Force Field while in space wouldn't be too bad, but if he lost the Life Support, he'd be hosed.

:arrow: Still not carrying any weapons, unless you count his Electromagnetic Screwdriver (or his Rage). Or you count opening up the power plant on his Gravimetric Belt to stunt Blast 16 (Flaw: Distracting; PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2) or Strike 14 (Extra: 140-ft. Explosion, Penetrating; Flaw: Action/Full, Distracting, Tiring; PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2, Progression [as needed]) off his Power Reserve.

:arrow: Yes, that is a new Drawback he's sporting. Yes, he is quite the Mad Scientist. But he's still (mostly) a Good Guy.

:arrow: Moar Luck, for Inventing/Jury Rigging and Power Stunting things off his Gravimetric Belt (or whatever tech he gets his hands on).

• 3 weeks later...

Samhain (PL 14, 240pp)

Trade-Offs: -3 attack for +3 damage (corrupt antlers)

Abilities: [16+6+16+6+16+16 = 76pp]

Str: 26/+8

Dex: 16/+3

Con: 26/+8

Int: 16/+3

Wis: 26/+8

Cha: 26/+8

Combat: [16 on Attack, 16 on Defense = 32pp]

Attack: +8

Grapple: +16

Defense: +9 (+4 flat-footed)

Knockback: -7

Initiative: +3

Saves: [4+5+5 = 14pp]

Toughness +8 (Impervious 6)

Fort +12 (+8 Con, +4)

Ref +8 (+3 Dex, +5)

Will +13/+17* (+8 Wis, +5; Mental Shield 4)

Skills: [36 ranks = 9pp]

Bluff 8 (+16, +21 vs. shaken foes)

Intimidate 8 (+16, +21 vs. shaken foes)

Sense Motive 8 (+16, +21 vs. shaken foes)

Stealth 12 (+15)

Feats: [7 feats]

Dodge Focus

Favored Opponent 5 (shaken foes)

Fearless

Powers: [45+11+11+6+21+4+8+4 = 110pp]

Fear Powers 21 (42pp powers; PFs: 3 Alternate Powers) [45pp]

BE: Emotion Control 14 (Extras: Contagious, Penetrating; Flaw: Fear only) (Evoke Fear)

AP: Drain Wisdom 8 (Extras: Alternate Save/Will, 40-ft. Burst Area, Range 2/Perception; PFs: Slow Fade 1/1pp per Minute), Linked Drain Fearless Feat 1 (Extras: Alt Save/Will, 25-ft. Burst Area, No Save, Range 2/Perception; PFs: Progression 2/25-ft. increment, Slow Fade/returns after 1 minute) (Susceptibility to Fear)

AP: Illusion 13 (all senses; PFs: Progression 3/50-ft. radius; Flaw: Phantasms) (Images of Fear, v1)

AP: Illusion 6 (all senses; Extra: Linked Mental Blast 6; Flaw: Phantasms) (Images of Fear, v2)

Flight 5 (250mph; PF: 1 AP) (Spirit Swiftness) [11pp]

AP: Teleport 5 (500 ft./5,000 feet) (Spiritwalking)

Immunity 11 (aging, life support, sleep) (Spirit Body) [11pp]

Impervious Toughness 6 [6pp]

Insubstantial 4 (incorporeal, affected by magic; PF: Innate) (Spirit Form) [21pp]

Mental Defense 4 (Spirit Mind) [4pp]

Strike 1 (black claws; Extra: Penetrating 6; PFs: 1 AP) [8pp]

AP: Strike 4 (corrupt antlers; PFs: Incurable) [-]

Super-Senses 4 (Acute Analytical Ranged Detect Person’s Fear [mental]) (Terrorsense) [4pp]

Drawbacks:

Weakness (to holy places and objects; cumulative -1 drain on Constitution per round is on holy ground, in a holy place, or within 5 feet of a holy object; common, moderate; -8pp)

DC Block

Unarmed -- DC 23 (28 vs. shaken) -- Bruise

Claws -- DC 24 (29 vs. shaken) -- Bruise or Injury; Penetrating 6

Antlers -- DC 27 (32 vs. shaken) -- Bruise or Injury; Incurable

Drain Wisdom -- DC 18/Will -- Drain on Wisdom

Emotion Control/Fear -- DC 24/Will -- Shaken/Frightened/Panicked

Illusion -- DC 23/Will -- disbelieve

Mental Blast -- DC 21/Will -- mental damage

Abilities 76 + Combat 32 + Saves 14 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 7 + Powers 110 - Drawbacks 8 = 240/240pp

:arrow: The "PL 14/240pp version" of Blŏzan.

• 2 weeks later...

Dead Head (PL 14/240pp)

Trade-Offs: +2 Attack for -2 Damage

Abilities: [12+10-10+4+6+8 = 30pp]

Str 22/+6

Dex 20/+5

Con ---

Int 14/+2

Wis 16/+3

Cha 18/+4

Combat: [16 on Attack, 24 on Defense = 40pp]

Attack +8 (ranged), +12 (melee), +16 (shovel)

Grapple +18

Damage +6 (unarmed), +8 (shovel); +4 more w/ sneak attack

Defense +14 (+6 flat-footed)

Knockback -12 (-7 vs. blessed, magical or silver attacks)

Initiative +5

Saves: [0+4+6 = 10pp]

Toughness +14 (Impervious 10 [not vs. blessed, magic or silver])

Fort ---

Ref +9 (+5 Dex, +4)

Will +9 (+3 Wis, +6)

Skills: [68 ranks = 17pp]

Bluff 12 (+16)

Intimidate 12 (+16)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 2 (+4)

Knowledge (life sciences) 4 (+6)

Knowledge (popular culture) 8 (+10)

Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 2 (+4)

Perform (dance) 4 (+8)

Perform (oratory) 12 (+16)

Sense Motive 4 (+7)

Stealth 8 (+13)

Feats: [16 feats]

Attack Focus (melee) 4

Attack Specialization (Shovel) 2

Dodge Focus 2

Equipment

Fearless

Jack of All Trades

Sneak Attack x3

Startle

Taunt

Equipment:

Steel Shovel: Strike 2 (PFs: Mighty, 2 APs: Burrowing 2 [2.5 mph], Super-Str 1 [aids in leverage-based tasks])

Powers: [9+9+3+2+31+5+3+12+14+35+3+3 = 129pp]

Anatomic Separation 3 (Extra: Variable Split) [3x3 = 9pp]

Animate Objects 1 (Extras: Horde, Range 2/Perception; Flaws: Action/Full, Limited to corpses [creates basic skeletons or zombies]; PFs: Progression 5/up to 50 zombies) [1x3 +5 = 8pp]

Comprehend 1 (spirits; PF: 1 Alternate Power) [1x2 +1 = 3pp]

AP: Super-Senses 8 (postcognition, precognition; Flaws: Distracting, Requires corpse)

Enhanced Feats 2 (Affects Insubstantial 2) [2pp]

Immunity 32 (critical hits, Fortitude effects; Flaw: immunity to critical hits ineffective vs. blessed, magical, or silver attacks) [30x1 + 2x0.5 = 31pp]

Impervious Toughness 10 (Flaw: Not vs. blessed, magical, or silver attacks) [10x0.5 = 5pp]

Insubstantial 1 (disturbingly limber; Flaw: Action 2/Standard) [1x3 = 3pp]

Necromantic Powers 4 (8 pp powers; PFs: 4 alternate Powers) [4x2 +4 = 12pp]

BE: Healing 10 (Extra: Resurrection [10 hours]; Flaws: Distracting, Resurrection only, Unreliable [sometimes they come back wrong]; PFs: Progression 3/hours) [10x0.5 +3 = 8pp]

AP: Comprehend 5 (animals 2 [speak & understand], languages 3 [speak any one at a time, understand all, read any]; Flaw: animal communication only works w/ carrion-eating animals)

AP: Enhanced Anatomic Separation 2 (Extra: Variable; brings total Anatomic Separation up to 5) plus Elongation 1 (5 feet) plus ?

AP: Enhanced Feats 8 (Frightful Presence 8 [40 feet, DC 18])

AP: Teleport 8 (800 feet/2,000 miles; Flaw: Medium/shadows)

Protection 14 [14x1 = 14pp]

Regeneration 28 (recovery +14 [+9 total], bruised 1/round, injured 2/5 minutes, staggered 2/5 minutes, disabled 4/5 minutes, resurrection 5/20 minutes; Extra: True Resurrection; Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth) [28x1 +5 +2 = 35pp]

Regeneration 6 (injured 2 [to 4/1 round], staggered 2 [to 4/1 round], disabled 2 [to 6/1 round]; Flaw: Source/raw meat) [6x0.5 = 3pp]

Super-Senses 3 (darkvision, mental awareness) [3x1 = 3pp]

Drawbacks: [1+3 = 4pp]

Disability (Destitute [Wealth +0]; -1pp)

Vulnerable (to Mental Blast, x2 DC modifier; uncommon, major, -3pp)

DC Block

Unarmed -- DC 31/Toughness (35 sneak) -- Damage

Shovel -- DC 33/Toughness (37 sneak) -- Damage

Abilities 30 + Combat 40 + Saves 10 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 129 - Drawbacks 4 = 238/240pp (2 left!)

:arrow: Dead Head was the first character I made for a PbP RPG. The campaign never actually started (the GM was suddenly recalled for military duty), but I have used variants of the character in a few other games (including a far-future semi-Space Opera game).

:arrow: Higher Dexterity: he's more loosey-goosey. Higher mental scores: he's been learning a lot.

:arrow: Perform (Dance), because no one should be able to do the Thriller dance better than him. Perform (Oratory) and more Knowledge (Popular Culture), because he's got a lot of stories to tell, and he'll gladly share them, Crypt Keeper-style. (Can use an HP to gain Fascinate feat if desired.) Much more Bluff (and Taunt), because he's just as likely to Spider-Taunt you as he is to tear the skin off his forearm and show you dem bones.

:arrow: Yes, he still has his shovel. Yes, he can still use it without worry of breaking: metal weapons have a Toughness of 7 or 8, and as long as his Str bonus doesn't exceed that, he can use it just fine.

:arrow: Gained Jack of All Trades: by now he's talked to such a diverse array of folks that he knows a little bit about pretty much everything.

:arrow: His Skeleton/Zombie animation has noticeably improved: not only can he have more active at once, he can animate any corpse he can see, and can animate more than one at a time. They're still mostly just shells, though.

:arrow: The Enhanced Feats/Affects Insubstantial 2 is to let him directly strike or grapple with insubstantial beings, like ghosts, or even non-supernatural insubstantial beings. He's not grabbing your body so much as he's grabbing your soul. (Not sure if that'd also extend to his shovel, much less any handheld weapon he picks up.)

:arrow: His recuperative abilities have improved, not only in terms of more ranks in Regeneration, but also due to losing the Weak Spot drawback and gaining an Immunity to non-blessed/magic/silver critical strikes. As with his Impervious, he actually does appear to take the critical damage, but it heals so fast (and he’s so non-pained by it) it may as well not have happened in the first place. Yes, he can -- and will -- do all sorts of "don't try this at home, kids" stunts, particularly as part of an Intimidate check to demoralize or startle/feint in combat.

:arrow: He's also expanded his repertoire of Necromantic Powers, though he's still a far cry from most true necromancers can do. He can understand any language ever spoken, usually by having a few translators pop up to help him; he can also communicate with carrion-eating animals, and he usually offers a bit of himself as a treat first. He can move through shadows, or channel energies into himself to enhance his own corpse-tricks (separating into more animate pieces and stretching as if on a rack, or doing something truly horrific like pulling his face back and revealing his skull to scare people). He's great fun at parties. ;) His resurrection ability is also better, in terms of time; they still sometimes come back wrong, and thus he is still reluctant to use it.

:arrow: Considering dropping Destitute (Wealth 0) drawback, and have him get a job... as host of WCZA Channel 7's new horror anthology series, Tales of Haunting Horror! ("'I vant to suck your blood!' Ehrm, that's not right. 'I vant to suck your blood!' No, that's not it. 'I want to suck-'! Oh, hello kiddies! You caught me in the middle of my homework. Your old pal Dead Head is a real believer in continuing dead-ucation. Myeh heh heh heh heh! Which bring us to tonight's murderous morsel. It's a juicy lil' tale about a real bloodsucker who never learned to go for the jugular. I call this plasma play The Reluctant Vampire.") 'Course, while he would put the needs of his "protectorate" first, such a position would make him a very easy target for Baron Samedi, Malador, and anyone else who wanted to nab him....

:arrow: I really like the idea of having him able to access some sort of "communal deadmind," able to access the mind (i.e., skills & feats) of anyone who'd ever died. That could be done with a VP (though I'd need to drop... something for the points), or possibly as an AP of his Necromantic Powers: Boost 2 (any skill, one at a time; Extra: Total Fade [up to 10 minutes total]; PF: Slow Fade 2/5 minutes), which could give him 8 ranks in any skill for up to 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Complications:

The Good

* Truth, Justice and the American Way - Malice seeks to right the wrongs he has committed in the past, and holds himself out as a paragon of virtue.

----- Also adds -1 Drawback: Honor-bound: gains no HP for above complication.

* Scrutiny - People don't forget to easily so people are quick to point out when Malice so much as puts a toe out of line.

The Bad

* Massive Ego - Malice must take every opportunity to brag about his accomplishments.

The Ugly

* Round the bend - Due to a combination of any or all of the following: past failures, imprisonment, the Captain, government and public outcry, discovery of Dr. Archeville's true nature, and manipulation of various nefarious forces (ie: Omega, Crime League). Malice's sanity isn't quite so intact anymore.

* They're all against me - Due to years of mistrusting most of everyone, Malice starts as unfriendly towards any NPC, and auto-fails any check to resist believing that others have sinister motivations against him.

:arrow: What's the deal with the Good, the Bad and the Ugly? Well I see Malice's career panning out in 1 of 3 ways right now. In "The Good" he is redeemed and brought to the side of good. He comes to realize that the metas aren't bad in and of themselves, so he has to judge each individual by their own actions. He now crusades to right the wrongs he has done to the world, and then plans to make the world a better place than when he entered it.

In "The Bad" scenario, Malice actually achieves a degree of success in his vendetta. This serves only to fuel his determination. He leads a crusade against super powered peoples the world over. In this process he becomes completely full of himself, convinced now more than ever that he is the greatest hope this world has for salvation.

In "The Ugly" scenario, Malice just flat out snaps when nothing goes his way. He tries time and again, but he never comes out on top. Add into this people hating him, never giving credit for what he does, and just general disillusionment with the world around him, and it's only a matter of time until Malice snaps. He becomes reclusive and paranoid, assuming everyone is out to get him. He goes from hiding in a corner for fear that anyone is after him, to leveling city blocks so they don't get to him first.

Not nearly as much as you would think.