• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

repost:

Begin round 5; Initiatives & Conditions

24 -- Arrowhawk -- fine -- 2 HP

23 -- Captain K -- 2 Bruises -- 0 VP -- DEF set to 27

16 -- Doc -- fine -- 2 HP

13 -- Dark Star -- fine -- 2 HP

Missed on the touch attack, so the opposed grapple is null. Captain Knievel is blasting off again! Leaping 5 this time. It will take me a full round to come down this time, so I will still be in the air until (presumably) I take a move action during my turn. I think that is how this works. At that point I think I can land and take off again, correct?

Also, yes, you're correct on the Leaping -- with Leaping 5, which take a Full round, you an start a Leap as a move action, use your next round's Standard action to finish it, then Move to start another. You'll be doing nothing but Leaping (unless you use Extra Effort to Surge to gain an action).

Full Round to switch Enhanced Mind from Enhanced Cha to Enhanced Int.

Extra Effort to Surge to gain another Move action. HP to nix Fatigue.

Move Action to chase after Knievel.

Mid-round 5; Initiatives & Conditions

24 -- Arrowhawk -- fine -- 2 HP

23 -- Captain K -- 2 Bruises -- 0 VP -- DEF set to 27 (due to Defensive Attack)

16 -- Doc -- fine -- 1 HP

13 -- Dark Star -- fine -- 2 HP

i made one rank 4 leap = 175 feet

i made another leap at rank 5. this was however halted by DS's gravity. I am inclined to say that I made it about 3/4 of the way through the jump before crashing to the ground. (What with inertia and all). = 262 feet

175+262=437

so one full range increment and into the next one. sound good?

i made one rank 4 leap = 175 feet

i made another leap at rank 5. this was however halted by DS's gravity. I am inclined to say that I made it about 3/4 of the way through the jump before crashing to the ground. (What with inertia and all). = 262 feet

175+262=437

so one full range increment and into the next one. sound good?

Actually, no. I typoed it and 30' is my range increment, 300' is my maximum range :(

NOT SO FAST!

After poking arouind the ATT some, it seems Captain Knievel (and indeed anyone in Dark Star's Gravity Control field) gets a Reflex save (DC 10 + Gravity Control rank). If they fail the save, the Gravity has its full effect, but if they make it, the effective rank is halved.

So if Knievel can make a DC 20 Reflex save, he's only held by a Gravity Control 5 effect (effectively Str 25, or 800 lbs.), which won't be as bad for him. With an effective Str of 32, that's a Medium load for him.

Characters carrying a medium load have a maximum dodge bonus of +3 and a –3 penalty on all actions. They move at 2/3 normal speed.

It means you re not pinned to the ground via massive weight, but instead just act as if carrying something very heavy. Knievel's maximum dodge bonus is +3 (so his Defense is 19), he's at -3 to everything, and moves at 2/3rds normal speed (so he can take a 20 foot move and take a standard action).

I know I'm not the ST of the thread (and it will make this EVEN harder)...but I think Captain should get a VP for getting the banged about from DS's gravity those times without a save. He should have gotten a defense roll but didn't.

Just my opinion.