HIT Science & Engineering Lecture Series, v.2 [OOC]

I know the answer to that... and could tell... but (as far as I can tell) your character have no way of telling, so you'll just have to rely on he environmental clues I drop (like hearing sirens approach). ;)

On the other hand, Dark Star has super-senses (radio). If he were to focus in (i.e., make a Notice check), he could know.

End Round 2/Begin Round 3; Initiatives & Conditions

24 -- Arrowhawk

23 -- Captain K -- held by gravity; 1 Bruise & Stunned

16 -- Doc

13 -- Dark Star

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is mild compared to my offline group. When my druid first got Wildshape, he had the misfortune of transforming while in a cupboard. The party fighter, not twigging on that this may be related to the druid, wrestled the bear to the ground and tried to suffocate it with a potato.

Threats are nothing.

Standard action to reconfigure Gadgets.

Stun 10 (Uber-TASER; Flaws: Action/Full, Unreliable)

Extra Effort to surge to gain another standard action. Hero Point (down to 2 now) to negate fatigue.

Full round action to use his Uber-TASER.

Since Knievel is prone, melee attacks against him are made with a +4 bonus. (Conversely, ranged attacks suffer a -4 penalty, and Knievel himself suffers a -4 penalty on any melee attacks he makes.)

Since he's effectively carrying more than his maximum load, he also loses his Dodge bonus to Defense (he's effectively flat-footed), as noted under Carrying Capacity in the core rulebook.

Check for Unreliable: 11 = good to go

Need a DC 20 Fort save from Knievel.

Mid-Round 3; Initiatives & Conditions

24 -- Arrowhawk

23 -- Captain K -- held by gravity; 1 Bruise

16 -- Doc

13 -- Dark Star

That leaves him dazed (can take no actions).

Not sure I can do both in a round (if we're in rounds)...if not, then that's his plan for the next two rounds...

Switching it from "pulling down" to "pushing up" (or vice versa) would be a standard action. You could do both in one round, if you use Extra Effort to surge. If not, you can only put him up this round.

He'll shoot up into the air as if thrown by someone with 50 Str, up to the limit of the Gravity Control area (50 feet).

But the ceiling of the Bernanke Center for Extension & Continuing Education isn't 50 feet tall. The lobby is about 30 feet high, but the meeting rooms (like the one we're in) are only about 25 feet high.

Kenson suggests just using the Gravity Control rank for damage in such cases. Which, at Gravity Control 10, would be DC 25.

Knievel's 19 fails by 6, so he gets another Bruise and he's stunned again.

Knievel may've also broken through the ceiling. I'll say it's got a Toughness of 5 overall (he didn't slam into a steel i-beam), and take 10 on the Damage save. That'd fail by 10, so... that section of ceiling/roof is "disabled." Knievel didn't break all the way through, but there is a generous hole up there now.

End 3/Begin Round 4; Initiatives & Conditions

24 -- Arrowhawk

23 -- Captain K -- held up by gravity; 2 Bruise, Dazed, Stunned

16 -- Doc

13 -- Dark Star

Yes, we're still doing rounds, on the slim chance that Knievel does something Awesome before the cops arrive. ;)

The Captain has been updated. specifically, +1 point in speed and a bunch of edits to the adrenaline cannon. I am also now PL11, although I do not meet most of my caps.

up to you guys whether or not I should be allowed to use these edits in this thread. I will stick with the previous version of my character unless you guys agree otherwise.