HIT Science & Engineering Lecture Series, v.2 [OOC]

She's gonna get better. It's gonna happen. In the meantime, thinking about her and the others i may have hurt doesn't really suit me. It would bring me down. And you don't get muscles like these if your in a bad mood all day!

At this, the cheerleaders gave a miniature cheer

So all his cheerleaders are as insane as Harley Quinn, and as brainwashed by Captain K as Harley is by the Joker?

Because that's about the only way they'd all be cheering for him without even a moment's hesitation. (And, heck, even Harley balked at a few things Joker did.)

That, or if he hired them from the Hench Wench Bench (or wherever it is Villains get their attractive female minions). Though even then, at least some should pause for a bit before resuming cheering.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its almost like they are the not so smart cheerleaders one finds at schools these days. all they really hear is him talking about his muscles. the rest they don't really care about enough to even listen to.

however if you think it inappropriate, you can cut it. it was only in there as an afterthought anyway.

Unless they're blind, brainwashed, or as completely psychopathic as Knievel, they would've noticed the video of him blowing up cars and putting a woman in the hospital, and would not cheer for him afterwards.

So, yes, an edit is needed. You can either remove the line, or edit it to have them pause a bit before some resume cheering while others begin questioning exactly what they got into.

that section has been changed to

At this point, the cheerleaders behind the captain were looking around at the rest of the crowd. They seemed to be more unsure of what their job was in light of the slide show and the captain's answer so far. The captain gave a half turn to face them. Its okay girls, go ahead... and they gave him a miniature, although not so heartfelt cheer. Satisfied, the captain turned back around. If you don't want to stay, you can leave any time. But you will miss the party after the lecture. and they cheered a tad louder.

and i just chuckled to myself when i realized this is the point where the doc's evil shoulder demon would be like "hell yea!" :P

Except for the part where even it doesn't like Captain K. Largely because his rampages seem to serve absolutely no greater purpose, and K comes across as (heck, pretty much just admitted to being) a simple adrenaline junkie/hedonist.

"I'm an amoral monster! Wanna party?" No sane person should want to agree to that.

well the captain is just playing on their infatuation. but even that is wearing thin, obviously. trust me its not going to last long. at this point they are just trying to look past how bad he is turning out to be.

@ecal:

"this time he'll stay in jail"

looks like your assuming you won that other fight :P

Dc 30 Stealth check due to Skill Mastery. Dark Star can't see him leave, and Doc A and the Cap need to roll 20s, unless situational modifiers come into play.

I'm not gonna bother rolling for Doc, I'll say that his distance from Arrowhaw is sufficient to give enough penalty (-1 per 10 feet distance) that he couldn't make it.

well the captain is just playing on their infatuation. but even that is wearing thin, obviously. trust me its not going to last long. at this point they are just trying to look past how bad he is turning out to be.

Any infatuation they may've had would've died the moment they saw him blow up cars and realize he sent a woman into the hospital.

okay that is true. ill have a few of them turn tail then. the others will follow shortly.

At this point, the cheerleaders behind the captain were looking around at the rest of the crowd. More than a few of them even tossed their pom-poms on the ground and walked out with the rest of the crowd. The remainder seemed torn between staying and going. They seemed to be more unsure of what their job was in light of the slide show and the captain's answer so far. The captain gave a half turn to face them. Its okay girls, go ahead...you can leave. I'm not going to hurt you if you do. The rest of the cheer leading squad gave a collective nod and followed some of the other patrons out.

i may be crazy, but i am not totally irrational. the captain wouldn't hurt his fans.

Sure.

Ecal, you still here? These back-and-forths haven't been taking a round each (even if I tried I couldn't speak all of Doc's lines from one post in six seconds).

Yeah, was waiting until a dramatically appropriate moment. Now threats are being made, it seems like a good time.