HIT Science & Engineering Lecture Series, v.2 [OOC]

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, now would be a good time to roll Initiative.

Doc = 16

I don't see why you couldn't use Offensive Stance with a Grapple Attack.

However, Dark Star was (at least theoretically) holding or readying and action (to do X when he gets the signal from Doc), so there should be a surprise round (between when Doc says "You wanna know why I asked?" and "Two reasons: One, ....."). Meaning Dark Star could take one move or one standard action before everyone else... assuming that he had been paying attention the whole time ;)

just posted! :) I'll edit to have it happen before Arrowhawke goes if you like. wasn't sure how that'd work so just figured he was starting his attack as I dropped the field.

1d20=13

ok, editting to make it happen BEFORE Arrowhawke attacks as per rules and holding action...done.

For the record, his Gravity Control is a 10. That's 50 St and a heavy load of 25,600 lbs.

While under that, Capt K is not completely helpless.

He does fall prone (which in an of itself may be a huge blow to his ego).

If he can make a Strength check (DC 10 + Gravity Control rank, or DC 20 in this case), he can take either a standard action or a move action (though normal movement is restricted to crawling 5 feet per move action) each round.

okay first off... initiative: cap init (1d20 13=23)

so it looks like i act after arrowhawk.

okay now let me get things straight. a lot has happened since i last checked up here. (which was this morning, but still)

first off i get hit by arrowhawk's touch attack, but auto pass the grapple on just my modifier, so i am not going to roll it.

second off i have to make a DC 20 strength check. +1 for super strength, correct? that would increase my modifier for this roll to +8: cap str vs gravity DC 20 (1d20 8=23)

I do so.

therefore i can take either a standard action or a move action. I will use my standard this round to try and grapple arrow and try and bring him down with me. going to make my post now :)

second off i have to make a DC 20 strength check. +1 for super strength, correct?

The book doesn't say, but I'd think it should, yes.

Initiatives

24 -- Arrowhawk

23 -- Captain K

16 -- Doc

13 -- Dark Star

Surprise round, Dark Star did the gravity thing.

First "real" round, Arrowhawk tries to grapple, Capt K opposes.

just posting a conversational reply while i wait for arrowhawk to post

That's not really allowed -- you can only talk on your turn.

That Toughness save failed by 5, so Knievel's stunned for a round.

Which means he cannot take any actions. Including -- horror of horrors -- talking!!! At least anything more complex than "blargh".

Whoah... time warp....

If you want to speak out of turn, you need to do something that can change your initiative.

If you want to talk while stunned... well, you can't, the best you can do is spend a Villain Point to reroll that save so you're not stunned.

If you cannot or choose not to do either of those, then those words'll need to be deleted, yes.

This may sound harsh, but "say what I want whenever I want" can too easily morph into "do what I want whenever I want." That cannot be allowed to happen.