HIT Science & Engineering Lecture Series, v.2

Dark Star growled and mumbled to himself at how this one fellow could be causing them all such trouble! He didn't want to severely hurt the guy, even though the Captain was obviously a villain of some sort. But he was getting low on options given how the man kept avoiding everything. He had just begun to gather the black energies to his hands, preparing to hit the fellow with an energy blast, when he realized where they were and that people we were dangerously close to the combat zone.

"Dang it," he cursed to himself. If he shot and missed, there was to much of a chance someone else would get hurt. Well, the doc's gadget seemed to have done something. "One more time," he muttered, reaching out to grab the man with the unyielding force of gravity. He couldn't help but be happy when he finally manage to grab the Captain. "Got ya! Now stop this before someone gets hurt!"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Give up?! Hah!" The Captain laughed, "You clearly do not know me very well!" The arrow hit Captain Knievel right in the chest. But through sheer determination, he was able to shake off the blow.

Captain Knievel began to struggle against all of the constraints that were holding him...

Managing to free himself from the gravity field generated by Dark Star, Captain Knievel decided that he needed more space between him and his pursuers. He blasted off once more using the adrenaline cannon.

• 2 weeks later...

We've got to keep these people away from here!

Well if you'd let us blast him, he wouldn't be a threat...

Archeville continued to ward people off, flying in a circle around Knievel to outline an invisible perimeter... which he then boost-jumped through "Get back! Dis is a very dangerous man, und ve do not vant you to get hurt! My associates und I have dis vell in hand, und de police shall be here in seconds, but anyding could happen mit dis highly dangerous und unpredictable madman, so stay back!"

Oh, I think that redhead -- and that blonde -- winked at us!

Hey! Focus, man! We've got to stop this guy!

"Aw fudge," Dark Star mumbled to himself as the wily and squirmy captain managed to get free from his grip. Whoever this Captain fellow was, he was certainly one of the more formidible 'normals' around. And he certainly wasn't willing to see reason on this either!

He reached out, again, trying to grab the Captain but the man managed to avoid the attack yet again! The man was looking pretty bruised and Dark Star didn't want to blast the man and risk seriously injuring him. But that attitude was making this rather difficult...

Arrowhawk sighed as the criminal kept on fleeing, keeping the bike racing after him. "This guy is really starting to tick me off," he growled, pulling back another arrow and firing it at Knieval. It hit dead on. "Hah!" he shouted, dropping back down to keep the bike under better control.

Knievel lands with a *THUD* onto a pursuing police cruiser, causing it to slam on brakes. The cruiser behind it almost rear-ends it, but manages to stop juuust in time.

Handcuffs are soon slapped onto him, and the officer doing so then shoves him into the back of one of the cop cars. Another officer gives him a slightly dirty look, as if about to scold him for manhandling a prisoner, but it's clear his heart's not really into giving such admonishments.

A third cop approached the three heroes, "we've been trying to catch this guy for months! Mind if we ask you all a few questions?"

• 2 weeks later...

Arrowhawk allowed himself a small smile as his arrow shot the fleeing criminal out of the air. He brought the bike to a stop as the police approached. He raised an eyebrow at the gun in the cop's holster. That's what I hate about here. Back home, the police with guns... that's their job, they train constantly. Here, every policeman gets one regardless of whether they're suited to that field or not. Irresponsible.

"Yes, I'd mind. I'm sure these gentlemen would be more co-operative, though." He spun the bike on the spot, revving the engine hard. He sped off before anyone could comment further.

Dark Star just nodded at the officers. "Of course officer. Anything I can do to help. I'll accompany back to the station as well, if that's alright, to make sure he doesn't cause you undue difficulties." He watched Arrowhawke drive off with a slight frown. After the difficulties they had catching the Captain, Dark Star felt he owed the archer an apology for his earlier words. Perhaps another time...

The police take statements from Dark Star and Doktor Archeville. As soon as the cops are done, several of the bystanders rush in to ask for autographs from the two heroes; a few ask about the mysteeerious archer who had sped off. Dark Star gets a majority of the attention, since he is so new and looks so extraordinary.

A few days later, Knievel goes on trial.

~fin~