HIT Science & Engineering Lecture Series, v.2

Another needle was fired into his arm. The left The Captain feeling rather irate, rather than the likely desired effect of being sleepy.

Damnit! Fletch! Would you quit it with those needles! The captain pushed off the floor once more and made another grab for Arrowhawk. This time, his hands found purchase and he began dragging arrowhawk to the ground. Albeit, quite slowly.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again with the shooting?! STAB HIM! STAB HIM IN THE EYE!

Don't be silly, that would just squirt the sedative into his eyeball, not his circulatory system.

"Mit respect, Herr Arrowhawk," Archeville said as he began to fiddle with his Electromagnetic Screwdriver, "I believe I haff something a bit better."

Two short metal prong popped out of the end of the device, and electricity arced between them.

And suddenly he had stabbed Knievel with it, and held it there for a few moments.

The Captain gave a yelp of pain as the prongs stabbed through his skin. He could feel the electricity arcing through his body. However, the mad scientist's device had only minimal effects on him. However it did leave him feeling a little woozy. You too now, Doc? He thought he had said it out loud, but the words were only in his head.

Dark Star eyed the Captain curiously. "Whoever he is, he is definitely a hardy individual." The Captain and Arrowhawk grappled, somewhat ineffectually and Dark Star frowned. "Let me try something else for a moment...I do apologize about this but you're not making this easy." The last was said to the Captain as Dark Star suddenly reversed the gravity, still only including the Captain, causing the man to shoot towards the ceiling. The man slammed upwards and into the ceiling, causing the area around the Captain to be crushed somewhat.

"Oops...Sorry! I'll have that fixed! Really need to remember that," he muttered to himself. He was used to things being made of much sturner stuff. He'd have to keep such things in mind in the future.

After rolling out of the way of the net, the Captain managed to shake off the woozy feeling he had. When his wits had come to him they were joined by two things. An observation (that the ceiling behind him had been damaged), and an idea. A REALLY REALLY GOOD IDEA! The Captain quickly rolled against the force of the gravity generated by dark star. Suddenly he was facing the badly damaged section of the ceiling.

The next few things happened faster than The Heroes below him could comprehend. Except maybe for The Doctor...

The captain pulled back a large, meaty, and by this time extremely ill-tempered fist. Hraaghhh! He slammed it hard into the ceiling. The resultant force was enough to decimate the already badly damaged section of the ceiling. A second or so later, The Captain and the rubble from the ceiling were floating about 20 feet above the roof of the lecture hall. HAHAHAHA! FREEDOM!

Putting his plan into action, The Captain quickly flipped open a hidden panel on the Gauntlet of his Adrenaline Cannon. After slamming a few of the buttons there with furious speed, he shut the panel again. See you later, Suckers! The Captain yelled through the hole as he raised his arm above his head in a large, dramatic, and triumphant motion. Throwing his fist towards the whole he activated his Adrenaline Cannon. The resultant force began to propel him quickly through the air! Leaving nothing but a line of smoking blue plasma behind him. And in a second, he was gone. Blasting off across the city...

NO!

I'm honestly surprised he was clever enough to work that out.

"No!" Archeville roared, a sharp break from what had been a calm demeanor. His circuitry-lined belt emitted a blue glow which soon encompassed his entire body, and then he rose into the air. "Dark Star, mit me! Herr Arrowhawk, follow if you can, stay und fill de police in if you cannot."

In a flash Archeville was up and out, and locked on to Knievel's trajectory. He flew down to the villain and tried to slam into him with his super-TASER again, but missed by a wide margin.

Dark Star scowled as he watched the Captain roll over. "What the heck is he..." Then the punch into the ceiling and the Captain was shooting up under Dark Star's own power. "Gotta be kidding me.," he muttered as the Captain suddenly zipped out of sight, and the Doctor took off in hot pursuit through the same hole in the ceiling.

Sighing, Dark Star turned and zipped through the wall in a flash to stop before the Captain. "You really need to stop this now before you get seriously hurt." He reached out with the his gravity control and attempted to snag the Captain but the slippery rascal just refused to be caught. Even if by the slimmest of margins.

Landing hard on the ground Captain Knievel's feet dug deep tracks in the Campus Green of HIT. It was probably his inertia the made him luckily evade Dark Star's powers and Dr Archeville's lunge. However, The Doctor was still close enough to reach. Finally, I get to take a shot at this guy.

Other thoughts were running through his head besides the pesky little super heroes next to him, however. Sirens were Blaring. Probably time to leave, and not just only because of these pesky mutant freaks here...

That is when Captain Knievel noticed Arrowhawk taking aim at him from on top of the building. Man, I REALLY hate that guy! There's gotta be some way to keep him from shooting at me...

Come'ere, you! The captain yelled, reaching out for Dr Archeville. But he couldn't get a handle on him. Too bad, he thought, A hostage would have helped. Oh well, better keep moving. The Captain pointed his Adrenaline Cannon at the ground, and blasted off again at a 45 degree angle towards the city.

"Ok, enough is enough. You stay!" He reached out and and altered the gravity of the entire area, excluding the Doctor if he was too close, making it a far heavier than before. It was time for Captain to kiss the ground again; well pavement this time.

Captain Knievel landed hard on the ground. But it was not as bad as before. "Hey, Gravity-Goof! Would you quit it with the shenanigans?!" Captain Knievel saw Arrowhawk mounting his motorcycle in the distance across the campus green. "Woops! Don't want to be here when he shows up!"

Captain Knievel once again put the spurs to to his Adrenaline Cannon and blasted off up and away. "You can't catch me!" He teased the group of heroes.

Blast him!

Snare him!

Blast him!

Snare him!

Blast him!

Snare him!

"A magnetic pulse should do de trick," Archeville said (to no one in particular), reconfiguring his gadget to send out a magnetic ring of energy that would cause Knievel's own metallic costume to cling to itself and bind him. He took careful aim at the fleeing Knievel...

... and missed by a fairly wide margin, instead hitting a passing bird. The magnetic pulse did not hamper its ability to move, but did scramble its homing sense for a few moments, causing it to fly in lopsided circles for a bit.

Dark Star Scowled as the man managed to dodge past most of the field. "This is getting out of hand..." He figured that if he blasted the Captain, that would end it pretty quick but he was sure the man would survive it. And he wouldn't risk such a thing. So, he reached out and tried to grab the captain in midair again.

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling quickly into the saddle, Arrowhawk revved the engine up on his bike. "Ok, girl, let's do this," he muttered to the bike, screeching off towards the fight as fast as he could.

"Superhero, coming through!" he shouted as he weaved through cars and up onto empty patches of pavement.

From his vantage point high in the air, Captain Knievel saw Arrowhawk get on his motorcycle. "Guess I had better stay away from the roads."

The Captain came crashing back down to earth with another slide along the pavement of a street. As soon as he found his feet again, he blasted off again. *FOOM* went his Adrenaline Cannon as he blasted off from the street. he again went flying through the air in a different direction, away from the city's network of streets. This time he positioned himself so that he might be able to fight back against anyone who approached him.

"All this jumping is getting really old really fast..."

Dark Star was getting rather annoyed here. This nutcase refused to give in. He was obviously guilty! Why wouldn't he just realize that and surrender? Criminal! He reached out once more and tried to wrap the fellow in a gravity grip. "Just stop this, darn it!" Unfortunately, he missed yet again. "Stop this! I don't want to hurt you!" While he wanted the fellow to stop, he was afraid of hitting the fellow with a blast. The man, while obviously confident, was still just human underneath those gadgets. While he wanted to catch him, he didn't want to kill him!

Arrowhawk continued to force the bike onwards to where he estimated the fight should be. The bike was old, and only kept up this pace thanks to his epxert maintenance. Unofrtunately, the engine didn't sound elegant at this speed and passers-by turned at the sound of the screaming engine.

"Awww, come on, Doc! Again with this stuff?" Captain Knievel strained against the electromagnetic forces holding him. The force of attraction was completely thrown off by Knievel's perfectly manly muscles. "You gotta know by now that stuff just don't work that well on me!"

Captain Knievel made a quick look around to get a handle on his surroundings. He couldn't really do much else but struggle against the bonds.

Right... hang out here until I can break out of this thing. Then split. I can't really jump as far with my arms sticking to the rest of me so I'll take care of this problem before the next one.... He saw the three hero's getting closer to him. Better hurry up though...

Ha! Got 'im!

What? It was our plan to snare him!

"It seems to be vorking vell enough, Kapitan," Archeville said as he got closer.

Knievel, Archeville and Dark Star were aware of the fact they were now in Hanover Square, a shopping area known for bookstores and other college-life-centric shoppes, including restaurants. Since it was around 6:00pm, lots of folks were out getting dinner on this pleasant late-March afternoon.

No! Civilians!

No! Morons!

"Everybody, get back!" Archeville shouted to the crowd.

Police sirens could be heard, very loud now.