Knights of Freedom ASAP

Okay, I'll bite -- what sort of team concept are you guys going for? Squeeky clean Super-Patriots or anything capable of calling Captain Planet might be a poor fit for Hellbound, but if it's something that tends to drive up local insurance premiums then he might be interested.

To paraphrase:

"The team consists of superheroes who allegedly do not fit the norms of the mainstream superhero community, namely the [Freedom] League." A tough, gritty, street-level team able to do what's necessary (within a few small limits) to clean up the streets and make Freedom City a better place to live. Think DC's Outsiders or Justice League Elite.

JL: E @ Wikipedia

The Justice League Elite was formed to attempt black ops that would not be acceptable for the JLA to "sully their hands" with.

The team was formed at the end JLA #100 from most of the second incarnation of The Elite (only missing Hat), members of the JLA and a couple of spies/assassins. They operated out of Somerset, New Jersey.

I'm the big gun? (that kind of scares me ;) )

Dude. Look at your character sheet (especially under "Powers"). Look at the rest of us. DarkStar is capable of some truly earth-shattering stuff. He almost operates on a different scale altogether. So yeah, you're the Big Guns. :D

A suggestion I made in chat last night:

One way the Knights of Freedom could differentiate itself from Nightrival's Forceful Ops could be that, if Nightrival's team is like the New Warriors (focusing mostly on street-level crimes), the KoF could be like the Midnight Sons or the Shadowpact (focusing mostly on supernatural threats, like demons, evil sorcerers, vampires, and so on).

A suggestion I made in chat last night:

One way the Knights of Freedom could differentiate itself from Nightrival's Forceful Ops could be that, if Nightrival's team is like the New Warriors (focusing mostly on street-level crimes), the KoF could be like the Midnight Sons or the Shadowpact (focusing mostly on supernatural threats, like demons, evil sorcerers, vampires, and so on).

Now all we have to do is get a talking dog mascot :D

There's also no rule I'm aware of limiting a given character's group affiliations. So if there are certain "street-level" characters who would fit on both teams, and both teams want to recruit them, I see no reason why there can't be crossover. I mean, look at how many teams Wolverine was on a couple years ago.

True, but we do try and keep better continuity than Marvel. Which means that, if Scarab's fighting fire giants in Jötunheimr, she couldn't at the same time also be busting the heads of Zoom dealers in the Fens. ;)

Also, one of the Big Adventure Ideas the Refs have cooking would guarantee* a crossover between a Mostly Street-Level Group and a Mostly Mystical/Monster-Fightin' Group. ;)

* Not a guarantee. Void where prohibited.