The Vestige - Avalon® - PL 10 Villain

Players Name: Avalon®

Power Level: 10 (151/156pp)

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack for +2 Damage, -2 Defense for +2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 5

Characters Name: The Vestige

Real Name: the body currently inhabited once belonged to Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire, a notorius archaeologist and tomb raider.

Other know aliases: The Forgotten One, The Warrior of the Countless Blades, The Heart of Magic, The Lost Traveller, The Stormwalker, The Hammer and the Forge, The Seeker of the Dead

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 190 lbs

Hair: Strawberry Blonde

Eyes: Hazelnut Brown

1217921865219-1.jpg

Description:

The Vestige has a build of a top-level Olympic athelete coupled with a six-foot-four tall frame. He wears a suit of armor made out of an indeterminate metallic material that seems to move about him as if it was a second skin. On top of that, he wears a hooded robe that perpetually casts his face which is covered with a faceplate that's featureless save for two eyeholes and a mouthpiece reminiscent of the mouth of some bizarre arachnid. Aside from these garments, The Vestige is adorned with various mystical trinkets along his shoulders, chest, and arms.

History:

The being known as The Vestige appeared a few months ago when an archaeological dig/tomb-raiding team led by Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire broke through the veins of raw orichalcum that made up the walls of the chamber. That was to be their last mistake.

As soon as the tomb-raiding team entered the ruined crypt/sepulchre, the spirits lashed out and slaughtered everyone except for Lucius. His body was remolded to be near the peak of any human's while his mind and soul were ripped out and scattered through the various reaches of the Cosmic Coil. Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire was no more. In his stead were six spirits from the Golden Age of Atlantis.

Reaching the surface, the faintest echo of a shadow of his former selves, he finds out that everything has changed. The wonderful towering spires of Atlantis were gone and in their place were humans fighting against one another on so called matters of "faith". Has humanity sunk so low that they wage petty wars against each other instead of against the Lemurians? Even the very nature of the magic within his hands had changed.

Taking a step into the æther, he tries to find any remnant of Atlantean strongholds. In Methos, The Nine Shards of Sul, and The Iron Bastion nothing but ruins remained while not even their memory remained in Qui'alaas, Cærnum, and the Velahan Rifts.

Something must have happened. Either the Lemurians won or mankind has become a shadow of its former glory. Either way, he will change things back to what they once were no matter what it takes.

Personality & Motivation:

Since he comes from an older, harsher time, The Vestige naturally has a different set of morals than the heroes of today. In his mind, he envisions himself as a hero and knight in the service of Ancient Atlantis. To this effect, he considers himself to be at war with humanity at large with special attention dedicated to this era's "heroes" and he will do anything that it takes to achieve his goals.

He is not always this harsh though. In addition to bringing down this corrupt world and returning the true Atlantis to its former glory, he will protect and extend his patronage to anyone who he deems a "true Atlantean" (i.e. someone whose bloodline descends from the Golden Age of Atlantis or one of the allied human races). Sadly, the current Atlantean race is not part of this.

Powers & Tactics:

Being an amalgamation of six of the greatest heroes from the Golden Age of Atlantis inside a near-peak human body, it would at no surprise that he would have a wide variety of abilities.

In combat, he is comfortable fighting either at range or face to face. With a variety of spells at his command, he can be extremely mobile with a usual tactic being to either turn into a powerful beast and beat the opponent to a pulp or to withdraw a sword from an extradimensional plane called the "The Vault of Gom'orr'ah".

Complications:

-Disdain (The younger races)

-Enemies (Malador, Serpent People, others)

-Hatred (Malador, Serpent People)

-Obsession (Restoring Ancient Atlantis to its former glory, Retrieving Ancient Atlantean artifacts)

Stats: [15+10+15+8+2+6 = 56 pp]

Str: 25 (+7), 35 (+12) w/ Aspect of the Wittigo

Dex: 20 (+5)

Con: 25 (+7), 27 (+8) w/ Aspect of the Wittigo

Int: 18 (+4)

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: 16 (+3)

Combat: [12+12 = 24 pp]

Attack: +6 (+8 melee)

Grapple: +15, +25 w/ Aspect of the Wittigo

Defense: +8 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -8, -9 w/ Aspect of the Wittigo, -3 w/out Armor

Initiative: +5; +25 w/ Super-Speed

Saves: [3+0+8 = 11 pp]

Toughness: +11 (Imp 6), +12 (Imp 6) w/ Aspect of the Wittigo; +7 w/out Armor

Fortitude: +10 (+7 Con, +3); +11 w/ Aspect of the Wittigo

Reflex: +5 (+5 Dex, +0)

Will: +9 (+1 Wis, +8)

Skills: [20r = 5 pp]

Acrobatics 8 (+13)

Knowledge - Arcane Lore 8 (+12)

Notice 4 (+5)

Feats: 10 pp

-Acrobatic Bluff

-Agonizing Strike

-Attack Focus (melee) 2

-Accurate Attack

-Dodge Focus 2

-Power Attack

-Ritualist

-Stunning Attack

Powers: 55 pp

Flight 3 ("Stormwalker's Steps," 50 mph / 500 feet) [6 pp]

Device 2 (Warrior's Plate, 10 points, Hard to Lose) [8 pp]

Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 6)

Magic Array 13 (26pp powers; "The High One's Knowledge"; PFs: 6 Alternate Powers) [32 pp]

-Base: Blast 11 (Magical; PFs: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing)

-AP: Teleport 12 (PFs: Change Direction, Turnaround)

-AP: Snare 12 (Reversible, Subtle)

-AP: Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement - Any Dimension) plus Dimensional Pocket 10 (100,000 lbs)

-AP: Boost Super-Speed 25 (gain 25pp/5 ranks in Super-Speed; free Stunt is Rapid Attack) ("Incantation of Lightning"; Personal [-1], Total Fade [+1; lasts 25 rounds])

-AP: Alternate Form 5 ("Aspect of the Wiitigo")

-AP: Strike 5 ("The Obsidian Blade"; Extras: Autofire [+1], Penetrating 5; PFs: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Mighty)

Regeneration 9 ("The Traveller's Gift"; Bruised - No Action, Injured - No Action) [9 pp]

Aspect of the Wiitigo

-Growth 2 (+4 Str, +2 Con; Permanent [+0])

-Enhanced Strength 6

-Morph 1 (Wiitigo) (Permanent [+0])

-Super-Strength 5 (effective Str 60; PFs: Bracing, Groundstrike)

Drawbacks: 10 pp

Vulnerability to Orichalcum Weapons (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp]

Vulnerability to Power Drains (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp]

Weakness to Orichalcum (Uncommon, cumulative -1 drain to all ability scores once per minute, lethal) [-6 pp]

Attack & Damage:

Unarmed Strike -- +8 melee -- DC 22 Toughness (Damage)

Unarmed Strike (Aspect of the Wiitigo) -- +8 melee -- DC 27 Toughness (Damage)

Stunning Attack -- +8 melee -- DC 17 Fort (Stun)

Stunning Attack (Aspect of the Wiitigo) -- +8 melee -- DC 22 Fort (Stun)

Agonizing Strike -- +8 melee -- DC 17 Fort (Nauseate)

Agonizing Strike (Aspect of the Wiitigo) -- +8 melee -- DC 22 Fort (Nauseate)

The Obsidian Blade -- +8 melee -- DC 27 Toughness (Damage; Penetrating 5)

Blast 11 -- +8 ranged -- DC 26 Toughness (Damage; Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing)

Snare 12 -- +6 ranged -- DC 22 Reflex (Entangled/Helpless; Reversible, Subtle)

Dimensional Pocket -- +8 melee -- DC 20 Reflex/Will (Dimensional Movement)

Costs: Abilities (56) + Combat (24) + Saves (11) + Skills (5) + Feats (10) + Powers (55) - Drawbacks (10) = 151/156pp

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back.

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be looking at your character. I don't have time right now to give it the detail that it needs but wanted to let you know that process should be started later this week.

• 2 weeks later...

MBCE, I'm planning on changing the array to the Magical Mastery power from Book of Magic with the modifiers Concentration check required and Move Action.

Would that be ok?

Haven't even looked at the character as I have been busy with RL and waiting for you to finish your fluff.

• 4 weeks later...

And the wait is over. Let's see if we can work things out quickly for you. :D

Players Name: Avalon®

Power Level: 10

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack for +2 Damage, -2 Defense for +2 Toughness

PP 150/150

Unspent PP: 0

Characters Name: The Vestige

Real Name: the body currently inhabited once belonged to Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire, a notorius archaeologist and tomb raider.

Other know aliases: The Forgotten One, The Warrior of the Countless Blades, The Heart of Magic, The Lost Traveller, The Stormwalker, The Hammer and the Forge, The Seeker of the Dead

Height: 6' 2"

Weight: 190 lbs

Hair: Strawberry Blonde

Eyes: Hazelnut Brown

Description:

The Vestige has a build of a top-level Olympic athelete coupled with a six-foot-four tall frame. He wears a suit of armor made out of an indeterminate metallic material that seems to move about him as if it was a second skin. On top of that, he wears a hooded robe that perpetually casts his face which is covered with a faceplate that's featureless save for two eyeholes and a mouthpiece reminiscent of the mouth of some bizarre arachnid. Aside from these garments, The Vestige is adorned with various mystical trinkets along his shoulders, chest, and arms.

Nice description and picture. I like them.

History:

The being known as The Vestige appeared a few months ago when an archaeological dig/tomb-raiding team led by Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire broke through the veins of raw orichalcum that made up the walls of the chamber. That was to be their last mistake.

As soon as the tomb-raiding team entered the ruined crypt/sepulchre, the spirits lashed out and slaughtered everyone except for Lucius. His body was remolded to be near the peak of any human's while his mind and soul were ripped out and scattered through the various reaches of the Cosmic Coil. Lucius Siegfried Mourning-Astaire was no more. In his stead were six spirits from the Golden Age of Atlantis.

Reaching the surface, the faintest echo of a shadow of his former selves, he finds out that everything has changed. The wonderful towering spires of Atlantis were gone and in their place were humans fighting against one another on so called matters of "faith". Has humanity sunk so low that they wage petty wars against each other instead of against the Lemurians? Even the very nature of the magic within his hands had changed.

Taking a step into the æther, he tries to find any remnant of Atlantean strongholds. In Methos, The Nine Shards of Sul, and The Iron Bastion nothing but ruins remained while not even their memory remained in Qui'alaas, Cærnum, and the Velahan Rifts.

Something must have happened. Either the Lemurians won or mankind has become a shadow of its former glory. Either way, he will change things back to what they once were no matter what it takes.

Simple yet easily sets the tone of the character.

Personality & Motivation:

Since he comes from an older, harsher time, The Vestige naturally has a different set of morals than the heroes of today. In his mind, he envisions himself as a hero and knight in the service of Ancient Atlantis. To this effect, he considers himself to be at war with humanity at large with special attention dedicated to this era's "heroes" and he will do anything that it takes to achieve his goals.

He is not always this harsh though. In addition to bringing down this corrupt world and returning the true Atlantis to its former glory, he will protect and extend his patronage to anyone who he deems a "true Atlantean" (i.e. someone whose bloodline descends from the Golden Age of Atlantis or one of the allied human races). Sadly, the current Atlantean race is not part of this.

Slight problem here. I would think that the current Atlantean race would still apply to the "true bloodline." Saying that not all of the race has enough blood in them to be useful, is fine though.

Powers & Tactics: Being an amalgamation of six of the greatest heroes from the Golden Age of Atlantis inside a near-peak human body, it would at no surprise that he would have a wide variety of abilities.

In combat, he is comfortable fighting either at range or face to face. With a variety of spells at his command, he can be extremely mobile with a usual tactic being to either turn into a powerful beast and beat the opponent to a pulp or to withdraw a sword from an extradimensional plane called the "The Vault of Gom'orr'ah".

Okay. I'll look at teh powers and figure out how well this works.

Complications:

-Disdain (The younger races)

-Enemies (Malador, Serpent People, others)

-Hatred (Malador, Serpent People)

-Obsession (Restoring Ancient Atlantis to its former glory, Retrieving Ancient Atlantean artifacts)

Fine with these.

Stats: 56 pp

Str: 25(+7)

Con: 25 (+7)

Lot of points here. Adds up.

Combat: 24 pp

Grapple: +15

Knockback: -8

Initiative: +5

Could you mentione that you get 2 ranks from Dodge focus on your Def line? Otherwise, adds up.

Saves: 11 pp

Toughness: +10 (+7 Con, +3 other)

Fortitude: +10 (+7 Con, +3)

Will: +9(+1 Wis, +8)

Adds up.

Skills: 20 r = 5 pp

Acrobatics 8 (+13)

Knowledge - The Arcane 8 (+12)

Notice 4 (+5)

Adds up, but very limited considering there are six spirits mixed in his head. I understand that recent knowledge would be out, but wouldn'T it have some more skills dealing with ancient times?

Feats: 9 pp

-Acrobatic Bluff

-Agonizing Strike

-Attack Focus (melee) 2

-Accurate Attack

-Dodge Focus 2

-Power Attack

-Stunning Attack

Adds up.

Array 13 ("The High One's Knowledge") [32 pp]

-Base: Blast 11 (Magical; Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing)

-AP: Teleport 12 (Change Direction, Turnaround)

-AP: Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement - Any Dimension; Portal [+2], Progression 14 [250000 x 250000 ft])

-AP: Boost Super-speed 5 (Rapid Attack) ("Incantation of Lightning"; Personal [-1], Total Fade [+1])

-AP: Container 5 ("Aspect of the Wiitigo")

-AP: Strike 5 ("The Ebony Blade"; Autofire [+1], Penetrating 5, Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Mighty)

The Super-Movement is too much. Are you trying to make a dimensional pocket that you can enter by using dimensional movement? If so, then let's go with Dimensional pocket. Also, where are you getting the Portal from? It's not listed in either the main book or Ultimate power and I'd like a source for that power feat.

I'm not sure if it's legal to have the Container nested in your array, though. I'll check with the other refs about it, but if you know of any ruling that says its okay, let me know.

Flight 3 ("Stormwalker's Steps) [6 pp]

Regeneration 9 ("The Traveller's Gift"; Bruised - No Action, Injured - No Action) [9 pp]

Okay for these two.

Warrior's Plate (Device 2, Hard to Lose) [8 pp]

-Protection 4 (Imprevious 6)

What does this look like? I'm having a hard time trying to see what it is.

Aspect of the Wiitigo

-Growth 2 (Permanent [+0])

-Enhanced Strength 6

-Super-Strength 5 (Bracing, Groundstrike)
See above for my concerns here.
Drawbacks: 10 pp Vulnerability to Orichalcum Weapons (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp] Vulnerability to Power Drains (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp] Weakness to Orichalcum (Uncommon, cumulative -1 drain to all ability scores once per minute, lethal) [-6 pp]
I don't think Orichalcum is going to be on the uncommon list of items. These may have to change. I ran out of time so will take a look at possible choices for you.
Attack & Damage:

The Ebony Blade -- +8 melee -- DC 27 Toughness (Damage; Penetrating 5)

Blast 11 -- +8 ranged -- DC 26 Toughness (Damage; Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing)

Costs: Abilities (56) + Combat (24) + Saves (11) + Skills (5) + Feats (9) + Powers (55) - Drawbacks (10) = 150

Take a look at that dimensional movement and the other points that need looking at. I'll get back to things after work, hopefully.

MBCE, Lord_Fell just pointed out to me some errors in my build and I'm fixing them now.

As for your concerns,

I got the portal extra from teleport over at Ultimate Power. The concept being that he is something like a classic (Urza era) M:tG planeswalker expy that has been severely depowered. The how's and why's of it I plan on detailing in future posts at the News forum.

Also, I meant the container to be an Alternate Form.

MBCE, Lord_Fell just pointed out to me some errors in my build and I'm fixing them now.

As for your concerns,

I got the portal extra from teleport over at Ultimate Power. The concept being that he is something like a classic (Urza era) M:tG planeswalker expy that has been severely depowered. The how's and why's of it I plan on detailing in future posts at the News forum.

Also, I meant the container to be an Alternate Form.

And what were these errors? I'm curious.

As for the dimensional plane, I've never played M:tG so have absolutely no understanding of what you're trying to do. As it is listed, I again ask, is it a pocket dimension that you're making that you can use to keep things and use to dimension hop?

Stats: 56 pp

Str: 25(+7)

Con: 25 (+7)

Adds up.

Combat: 24 pp

Grapple: +15

Knockback: -8

Initiative: +5

Adds up.

Saves: 11 pp

Toughness: +11 (+7 Con, +4 other)

Fortitude: +10 (+7 Con, +3)

Will: +9(+1 Wis, +8)

Adds up. Looks like I missed that Protection to bonus +4.

Skills: 20 r = 5 pp

Acrobatics 8 (+13)

Knowledge - The Arcane 8 (+12)

Notice 4 (+5)

Adds up.

Feats: 9 pp

-Acrobatic Bluff

-Agonizing Strike

-Attack Focus (melee) 2

-Accurate Attack

-Dodge Focus 2

-Power Attack

-Stunning Attack

Adds up.

Maagic Array 13 ("The High One's Knowledge") [32 pp]

-Base: Blast 11 (Magical; Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Homing)

-AP: Teleport 12 (Change Direction, Turnaround)

-AP: Super-Movement 3 (Dimensional Movement - Any Dimension), Dimensional Pocket 10 (100,000 lbs)

-AP: Boost Super-speed 5 (Rapid Attack) ("Incantation of Lightning"; Personal [-1], Total Fade [+1])

-AP: Alternate Form 5 ("Aspect of the Wiitigo")

-AP: Strike 5 ("The Ebony Blade"; Autofire [+1], Penetrating 5, Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Mighty)

Flight 3 ("Stormwalker's Steps) [6 pp]

Warrior's Plate (Device 2, Hard to Lose) [8 pp]

-Protection 4 (Imprevious 6)

Aspect of the Wiitigo

-Growth 2 (Permanent [+0])

-Enhanced Strength 6

-Super-Strength 5 (Bracing, Groundstrike)
Looks good.
Drawbacks: 10 pp Vulnerability to Orichalcum Weapons (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp] Vulnerability to Power Drains (Uncommon, Moderate [+50 %]) [-2 pp] Weakness to Orichalcum (Uncommon, cumulative -1 drain to all ability scores once per minute, lethal) [-6 pp]
Okay
Attack & Damage:

The Ebony Blade -- +8 melee -- DC 27 Toughness (Damage; Penetrating 5)

Dimensional Pocket -- +8 melee -- DC 20 Reflex/Will (Dimensional Movement)

Costs: Abilities (56) + Combat (24) + Saves (11) + Skills (5) + Feats (9) + Powers (55) - Drawbacks (10) = 150

Looks good. Here's your first Approved

• 4 months later...