Welcome to the modern world (OOC)

Maze

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Je'La - Init 24 Bruised x1 (touch attack hits, must oppose grapple)

Spartan - Init 23 Bruised x1

Malice - Init 15 VP x1 (Arrival this round)

Knieval - Init 14 - Bruised x1, 1 VP Staggered Stunned DEF 16

Arrowhawk - Init 13 - Bruised x2, 1 HP

It is Malice's turn to 'arrive'. To me that means that he should fly up to our vicinity. Maybe that places him at rooftop level... If he can launch an attack from that distance than so be it. I would give him one standard action being as how he would have spent the move action arriving this round.

Just waiting on Je'la's opposed grapple check to determine the result of the grapple. If your action does not involve either of those two, then you can go ahead and post, Malice.

I'm writing this prior to any rolls I make on my turn. Malice's 2nd Amendment attack has a range increment of 110 ft, or 120ft if you're reading this after the updates got approved. To be on the safe side, I'll include a -2 penalty to Malice's attack roll for being past 1 range increment. If you feel like Malice is within at least 110ft of Arrowhawk, feel free to count the attack as 2 points higher. I'm rolling the dice with the standard assumption that the approval has yet to be made so it is base DC 26 instead of 27 (blast 11 instead of 12).

Let's not argue over semantics. If you'll appologize I'll only break a few bones :twisted: I love villains so very much. Especially the ones with questionable sanity.

I hear that!

Round ??? Initiative order and status:

Je'La - Init 24 Bruised x1

Malice - Init 15 VP x1

Knieval - Init 14 - Bruised x1, 1 VP Staggered

Arrowhawk - Init 13 - Bruised x2, 1 HP

Next to act: Je'La

It's allowed, but for a superhero game throwing things into other things is horrifically vague. I mean, it's not like in happens ever in comics, right? :roll:

I'm going to go look up how it would work, but Shaen and I figured working it as a slam attack would be the best option.

EDIT: Steve Kenson's official answer.

So we both take damage equal to her Strength bonus, i.e. DC 20 save. DC 20 Tough (1d20+6=20) So close to failing.

Ordinarily, I'd say no, but I've posted in the ref forum asking for an impartial ruling.

If it crits me, I fail by 5 and thus spend a HP to not be stunned. It'll be detail enough until I get said ruling and can sort it out better. It's easier than stalling the game.

Ok, the good (not for me) Doc has ruled that the person hit by the attack is crit'd, but not the one thrown. So Ben rolls a DC 20 save and fails by 6, I fail my DC 25 one by 5 and am bruised further. I'll spend a HP to avoid stunning though.

Malice - Init 15 VP x1

Arrowhawk - Init 13 - Bruised x3, 0 HP

Ok, the good (not for me) Doc has ruled that the person hit by the attack is crit'd, but not the one thrown. So... I fail my DC 25 one by 5 and am bruised further. I'll spend a HP to avoid stunning though

Why not use the HP to re-roll the save, and thus possibly not take any damage?

Malice - Init 15 VP x1

Shouldn't Spartan be stunned for failing by 6?

Spartan - Init 23 Bruised x1, Stunned

Malice - Init 15 VP x1

Spartan would be next to act, however she is stunned. With no HP remaining, I am inclined to assume that she cannot remove this condition. Therefore Malice gets to go! Though we may want to wait for Je'La's description of the outcome of her impressive human shot put attack before moving onward.

Wait, I've noticed a few things too.

First round: Je'La uses shockwave to attack arrowhawk and spartan.

Spartan rolls Reflex save DC 15 and passes, rolls Toughness save DC 17, fails by 6 and is stunned and bruised. As he acts that round, he obviously spent a HP to negate the stunned. What I found when I looked that the search history however, is that this was the 6th toughness save and the 9th Relfex saved that Ben rolled to save against this attack. All of which were made within 3 minutes of each other.

Seriously.

So ignoring the whole rolling issue, Spartan now has 1 bruise and 2 HP's.

Next, Spartan rolls opposed grapple, without rolling to hit first. Goofed again.

Then next round, Spartan rolls towards Je'La and grapples here, rolling his acrobatics check twice and grapple check 3 times.

Using a different account to keep track of the rolls. Nothing wrong here, except this is where I'm getting this info from now.

Next round when Spartan crit Je'La, this was of course the second attack roll vs Je'La, the first having been a 2.

At this point, Spartan also spent a HP for a Double move. So 1 HP left, and 1 bruise.

Spartan then rolled a notice check to hear what the Captain was saying... 3 times.

Everything from this point out is done correctly near as I can tell. So assuming Spartan never used any HP for any of those 19 rerolls he has 1 bruise, making his Toughness save a +7, and 1 HP remaining. At the very least, we should charge you 1 HP for that "crit" scored on Je'La so you have no HP remaining.