Welcome to the modern world

Maze

The captain waved his hand slightly. It was a dismissive gesture. He turned his head towards Malice and said, "Tell her shes under your protection or something. I dont want any trouble. Besides, I'm hurt." The Captain folded his arms again. But his expression did not hold as much distaste anymore though. It had changed to simple apathy. The Captain just did not care enough to argue with Malice. Any trouble the newcomer offered could easily be taken care of by the two at a later date. Even more easily than now if he had some time to heal up....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Speaking of which)

"Ow..." Aristodemus said after being knocked out for approximately five minutes*. What was it that knocked him out? It was big and shiny... then it struck him.

Great, Knievel's got a guy with a battle suit on his side. I seriously need to get armored up too.

Proceeding to take back his clothes, he noticed that Arrow was missing. Where did he go? Okay, his bike was still here, meaning he was still around somewhere. It didn't take long before he saw the archer in a garbage can with something unfinished lousily written on the side. He decided to take Arrow out of here, since who knows when those guys would come back.

Shame, and I who wanted to help that girl... He thought as he carried an unconscious archer on his back whilst carrying the bow in his free hand.

I really hate being the middleman. Like, really. After rubbing his temples for a moment, Malice continued, speaking to Je'La. "Knievel here has had some bad experience with meeting members of different tribes. He's just being cautious. Please don't hold it against him."

• 3 weeks later...

Je’La listened to Malice’s words and considered. If Kin’Evil wished to hold her with suspicion, than Je’La would simply have to accept his distrust, so long as he did not give words to his fears again. She would not stand having her honor placed in question. “If Kin’Evil does not approve of my presence, then that is his burden to carry. But have him know this. I will not stand having his words spoken against my honor. Should he speak them again, we will fight, and he will know the cost of his words.†She crossed her arms firmly, letting the matter end at that “Where do your people make lodging? I have not had a good hunting in many days and hunger claws at my stomachâ€Â

Why can it never be simple? Seriously. I've got a complete idiot with no understanding of how society works, they're a complete outsider to our ways. They have no grace or tact, and there's absolutely no reasoning with them. And on top of that I've got the alien. Great.

Choosing to let the issue between Knievel and Je'La die out rather than blunder about in inter species social graces. But now the issue was where the heck to store Je'La. Seriously, feeding an alien chick and giving her a home was not originally on today's agenda. "Honestly getting food and lodging is a bit tricky. You heard the screams on the winds correct? They make things a bit more complicated for us. But give us a sec to think of a good place, we'll set you up. Any ideas Captain?"

Captain Knievel smacked himself on the head. "Malice, man, we are over thinking this thing WAY too much."

The Captain could not believe he hadn't thought of this sooner...The Captain could not believe Malice didn't think of this...Maybe he wasn't that smart after all...

"What about one of those seedy motels down in the fens? The cops don't usually go down to that neighborhood!"