Collecting a Debt (OOC)

MBCE

I was thinking of using this as a spring board to show Ghost's upgrade points.

The two are called because they want some mystical item that the Don wants. He figures that with Ghost's luck and Bhel's strength, they would have little problems picking up the item. Not sure what though. Could be the vehicle that sends the demon to hell only to come back different as well.

Okay, talkign about time line.

With Bel going to hell on Feb 1st, and ghost having the events of the vignette happen on Feb 13th, we can set the adventure to shortly after the events of the Albright Institute break-in. Late January. I think Jan 21st 2009 would be a good starting point. Would give us plenty of time to complete it.

Sounds good, that'd give Belphegor 10 days before the Break-In/Low Places thread (in which he is sent bodily into Hell, or some reasonably similar place).

As for what he'd want us to take, it could be something tied to gambling, games of chance, etc.

* a pair of red boxing gloves with "Killer" written on the wrist. They summon a "shadow boxer" to kill a victim of their wearer’s choice, and then make the wearer unbeatable in the ring for their next fight.

* a coin that can take or restore life. Heads you live (can resurrect the dead), tails you die (and the apparent cause of death is a stroke). Maybe the Don wants it to bring someone back.

* A cue stick that bestows unbeatable pool skills to its owner, after it is used to kill someone.

* a deck of playing cards that have assorted magical effects

* a deck of tarot cards that have assorted magical effects

* a pair of dice that give the owner good luck.

* a pair of dice that always roll what the owner wants.

* a silver chain with a blank car key that grants its owner incredible driving skills once the key is dipped in the blood of a freshly run over victim. It can also merge with its owner, allowing them to telepathically control a car, though the person becomes part of the car and weakens if not in a car for too long.

* a 1919 World Series ring that predicts the outcomes of sporting events, after killing someone who wears it

* a spellbook for Tarot.

Sounds good, that'd give Belphegor 10 days before the Break-In/Low Places thread (in which he is sent bodily into Hell, or some reasonably similar place).

As for what he'd want us to take, it could be something tied to gambling, games of chance, etc.

Looks like i'm not the only one who watched Friday the 13th: the series!

* a coin that can take or restore life. Heads you live (can resurrect the dead), tails you die (and the apparent cause of death is a stroke). Maybe the Don wants it to bring someone back.

* a deck of playing cards that have assorted magical effects

* a deck of tarot cards that have assorted magical effects

* a pair of dice that give the owner good luck.

* a pair of dice that always roll what the owner wants.

* a 1919 World Series ring that predicts the outcomes of sporting events, after killing someone who wears it

* a spellbook for Tarot.

Let's go with the coin for the moment. It has both the luck factor and the demonic factore that our two characters share. A good reason to tie us together.

Now the question is where do they have it stashed?

Looks like i'm not the only one who watched Friday the 13th: the series!

I loved that show. And the recent marathon they aired on Chiller TV :)

Let's go with the coin for the moment. It has both the luck factor and the demonic factor that our two characters share. A good reason to tie us together.

Now the question is where do they have it stashed?

I can think of only one person who should have it: George Kapetelis, owner of Charon Ambulance Services. ;) (And since Charon is ultimately a holding/subsidiary of the Labyrinth, this could bring Ghost & Bel into certain other Big Plans that we've got in the works...)

He may not have it on him, of course. It could be in a concealed safe in his office at the Charon Ambulance Services HQ. Or in a concealed safe in the secret chambers under the Charon Ambulance Services HQ, which are of course guarded by some basic zombies and one or two nastier things (like a beefed-up ghoul).

The one problem I see in the above situation is that it doesn't easily feature any of Belphegor's drawbacks (which we are trying to make sure get enforced), specifically his vulnerability to holy attacks. Depending on how narrow any corridors or catacombs are, he may not be able to use his wings to fly, so that one is easy to feature.

Maybe one of the places we are lead to believe is holding the coin has some sort of holy booby-trap?

The one problem I see in the above situation is that it doesn't easily feature any of Belphegor's drawbacks (which we are trying to make sure get enforced), specifically his vulnerability to holy attacks. Depending on how narrow any corridors or catacombs are, he may not be able to use his wings to fly, so that one is easy to feature.

Maybe one of the places we are lead to believe is holding the coin has some sort of holy booby-trap?

Makes sense. A slight hunt around the city for the location of the coin would be useful. It would also tie into my introduction thread for Ghost's add on. With the two of us, we could each cover two sections, trading off the duties of running the thread that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so's we're clear, are you GMing this part, or am I?

I'll take the first part. Which should prove to be more a challenge for Belphegor. You take the second part which should be more a challenge for Ghost. Then we tag-team the ending. A three part story arc. How's that sound?

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, to help speed things up, you can role-play any conversation with her yourself. Basically she's trying to keep as much information to herself but will allow for enough to get by to ensure we succeed.

Thoughts on the storyline:

First stage should be finding the guy, which should be fairly easy. He'll give us information that sends us to a different location. At the new location, Belphegor is tested. :twisted:

Second stage, where you take over, should see us back where the coin actually is. We have to overcome some problems there to reach it.

Third and final stage, we tag team, is trying to get the coin. The coin is protected and we have a nice fight here as well.

I don't think Ghost knows Bel's human name. Bel knows Ghost's real name b/c he overheard it when Sammy was captured and they went through his wallet (though based on how he keeps mispronouncing it, he clearly didn't hear it correctly), but I don't think Bel's true name was ever mentioned.

I don't think Ghost knows Bel's human name. Bel knows Ghost's real name b/c he overheard it when Sammy was captured and they went through his wallet (though based on how he keeps mispronouncing it, he clearly didn't hear it correctly), but I don't think Bel's true name was ever mentioned.

that's correct and as you can see, Ghost has not called him by name. I just got tired of writing "the stranger" and used his normal name instead of his active name as he hasn't changed into it. :)