Pet Owners are Advised to Please...(OOC)

quotemyname

OK, anyone with conflicting data should feel free to contradict me. But here goes. *puts on Ref hat*

Thanks to the magic of Google, I have found that most modern billboards are made out of PVC, and are surprisingly light. The average 15ft wide billboard weighs about 75lb. This being a large billboard, the standard dimensions are probably 14ftx48ft. So it probably weighs about 3-4 times that much. And the steel support mechanism surrounding it probably weighs more than the board itself. And even though it's much lighter than we'd expect, it's still big and awkward.

I'm gonna go ahead and rule that the billboard constitutes a Medium load for Twilight Gryphon.

That means that, while she's holding it, her maximum Dodge bonus is +3, her maximum movement speed is dropped to 2/3 normal, and she suffers a -3 penalty to "all actions." I'm gonna further rule that this includes Reflex saves (but not any other type of save).

Since large objects falling down on you constitute an area attack anyway, we can just say that TG willingly failed her Reflex save to avoid it. And since she's strong enough to lift it, we're gonna handwave away any potential damage it might have caused her. We'll just say it didn't fall far or fast enough to hurt her.

And yes, TG certainly gets a Hero Point for, well...acting heroically.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so let me explain what she just did.

As a Free Action I'm using Extra Effort to power stunt the Equipment Feat off her Morph Watch. The Watch Effectively gives her Morph 1 (one other form)

The Equipment turns it to

Extra Attack (+0)

Extra No Save (+2)

Morph Rank 1

A "device" that will give the Captain a mutant tail. She would have been shown the basic workings of the Morph watch, since it is such a low powered item and has a specific function so I don't think this is too far of a stretch...

I'm not so sure that should've worked anyway. A "Morph Watch" isn't something you can get via Equipment, that's something that'd be a Device.

And if it had worked, Knievel still would've gotten a Notice check to see through it (since Morph just gives a bonus to Disguise).