A more Proper Introduction(OOC)

Cyrith

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(16:59:55) Sandman_XI: Alright, first we need to figure out his jumping distance

(17:00:28) quotemyname: well the jumping distance would be 90 verticle feet right?

(17:01:05) Sandman_XI: 90 = ?? x ??

(17:01:36) Sandman_XI: jumping distance x leaping distance

(17:01:40) quotemyname: 45x2?

(17:06:45) FreedomBot: Error: Connection status: 0

(17:01:52) quotemyname: oh jeeze ion

(17:01:54) quotemyname: iono*

(17:01:55) quotemyname: ughhh

(17:02:13) quotemyname: =sqrt(90)

(17:02:15) quotemyname: :P

(17:02:42) Sandman_XI: haha

(17:02:50) quotemyname: um

(17:03:02) Sandman_XI: what's his str mod x 5

(17:03:34) quotemyname: str mod +0

(17:03:37) quotemyname: x5

(17:03:40) quotemyname: =0

(17:03:43) quotemyname: >_<

(17:03:58) Sandman_XI: so 5 feet

(17:04:26) quotemyname: ok

(17:04:28) Sandman_XI: 18x5=90

(17:04:37) quotemyname: yes

(17:04:42) quotemyname: so its jumping 18?

(17:05:05) Sandman_XI: no, its in between jumping 3 or 4

(17:05:19) Sandman_XI: 10 and 25 respectively

(17:05:31) Sandman_XI: either way it takes a move action

(17:05:36) quotemyname: well being as how it was a bounded equation

(17:05:44) quotemyname: it should prolly be rank 4

(17:05:57) quotemyname: so it just takes move action to fall that far?

(17:06:04) Sandman_XI: yup

(17:06:09) quotemyname: hes just trying to fall on me

(17:06:15) quotemyname: okay way

(17:06:17) quotemyname: wow*

(17:11:27) FreedomBot: Error: Connection status: 0

(17:06:21) Sandman_XI: if my conversion is correct

(17:06:34) quotemyname: alrighty we will just go with that

so it takes a move action to fall on me then do whatever.

You mean, treat it like a Sustained Damage effect, where you take damage/have to make a Toughness save each round (at the beginning of your turn, before taking any actions) you're in contact with it?

Yeah, that's ho such "traps" normally work.

As for the DC... well, first, how/why are the walls electrified? And what walls? Describe to me what you two think the place looks like (because, while it can change around per the "owner's" whims, my mental image of it is probably very different from yours). Are you running it like the caged-area-in-a-bar in which Wolverine was introduced in the first X-Men flick?

from the "walls" and "ceiling" that matthias keeps banging into, i was thinking more of a domed arena. because he keeps flying a number of feet before banging into walls and stuff. so i had figured, they would suspend some sort of 'electrical wrestling ring ropes' around the walls of the arena, essentially, maybe power lines that will shock you if you touch them?

As I recall from the original print Barnum had, there was just a large open area slightly away from the bar/sitting area. The empty space borders a wall on two ends(the bottom and the right). I think there may have been a partial wall at the top, but I'm not sure. At least one side was completely open, facing toward the sitting area, diagonal from the bar. I don't recall anything about a cage or a dome, and in fact have not been play it as such. Why I keep flying around before hitting the walls is because I tend to go very far from knockback(like 1000 feet.) For simplicity sake I've been hitting one of the walls. I have no idea how the walls would be electrified without sending a jolt through the whole arena.

wow... that sucked!

that might actually be a match breaker for me, unless someone wants to issue me a VP for putting myself directly into a position that i have a weakness to ;)

oh well... you still have to make your save as well. i am stunned and staggered, can i still maintain the grapple if i am stunned? i just can't actually pin him against the wall again right? ill look it up.

EDIT: just looked over grapple. it doesn't mention stunned condition at all in terms of ending the grapple. so i assume the grapple is maintained as long as i don't choose to end it/you break out of it. you have to win one grapple check in order to become grappled and not pinned. then you need to beat me again to not be grappled. i think each check is a move action.

well i did fail the save, but it did not knock me out. looks like you got knocked out by it though, being as how you failed the save by 22. and since there was no knock back to revive you i guess that means i win...right?

just confirm this and then ill write up a conclusion to the thread.