High Society (OOC)

Since it's a Free Action to activate and maintain, outside of combat situations, I tend to play fast-&-loose with Elena's telepathy, depending on what makes for a better story. People can always feel free to call me on it if any of you feel like I've stepped over The Line.

The moment Dave comes into view, Elena's going to switch her array and hit him with a Subtle rank 11 Mental Transform effect. If he fails his DC21 Will Save, his memories are her's to re-write. If he succeeds, he gets a DC20 Notice check to detect the mental tampering. If he fails the Will Save, it doesn't really matter if he makes the Notice check or not, since she'll just edit that part out anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm torn between having this be a straight Charisma check contest, or a Diplomacy check contest. (It won't be Perform [Dance], since neither of us have that ;) ) Or Dex. Or some combination. Ideas?

In any case -- and since I've not explicitly stated so here -- Doc's got his Mind set on Enhanced Charisma. ;) He's also "cheating" with his E.S.:

Enhanced Charisma 4 (to 24/+7; PF: Subtle)

Archeville, you Magnificent Bastard!

I think you guys should make an opposed check, against the better of either raw DEX, raw CHA, or Perform (Dance).

If either of you were stupid enough to select Elena as your partner, rather than a judge, I was going to work up what would basically amount to the Aid mechanic, only in reverse, as a penalty to your performance. :D

Archeville, you Magnificent Bastard!

:twisted:

I think you guys should make an opposed check, against the better of either raw DEX, raw CHA, or Perform (Dance).

I'm leaning towards Dex check + Cha check, add the results, whoever gets the highest total 'wins'. That way Avenger's near-peak human Dex factors in (as, I believe, it should).

If either of you were stupid enough to select Elena as your partner, rather than a judge, I was going to work up what would basically amount to the Aid mechanic, only in reverse, as a penalty to your performance. :D

I though you might do something like that ;)

Hrm, even if his lab coat pocket were to give him a +2 bonus on a Sleight of Hand roll to conceal his gadget manipulating, best he could get is 23, which can't beat Avenger's 27 Notice.

So... 41 total (21 on Dex, 20 on Cha)?

Doc's counter-Diplomacy = 34. (Actually, 36 w/ Enhanced Cha from Gadget.)

And, yes, I'm spending an HP to get Fascinate (Diplomacy) (basing it off his own Fascinate [Perform/Oratory] ;)

Doc's Dex check = 18

Doc's Cha check = 26

18+26 = 44

(I would've beat without the Enhanced Cha from his Gadget, and I didn't need to spend an HP for a re-roll! :P )

Hrm, even if his lab coat pocket were to give him a +2 bonus on a Sleight of Hand roll to conceal his gadget manipulating, best he could get is 23, which can't beat Avenger's 27 Notice.

And since Elena can Take 10 on Notice checks whenever she wants and hit DC30, she spotted it too.

Yeah. Sorry. I've been lagging behind on all my threads. Trying to find a new job, find a new car, beat the money out of the insurance company for the old one, register for school, engage in birthday festivities for myself and others, and a few other things. I'm trying to check in at least every couple of days or so.

Six Degrees of Separation!

Odysseus --> portrayed in Troy by Sean Bean --> played Boromir in LotR --> Boromir is the eldest son of Denethor II --> who was played by John Noble --> who also plays uber-mad scientist Walter Bishop on Fringe.

And in the film adaptation, Denethor II tried, in a roundabout way, to kill his two sons (sent one on a suicide mission, was going to burn one on a pyre when he mistakenly though he was dead). Doc's own father tied to kill him.

• 2 weeks later...