High Society (OOC)

Honey Queen, Avenger, and Melinda all have the Attractive feat, so I'm trying to make sure and work that into the fluff.

Mind Reading check to pick up on Honey Queen's surface thoughts: 31. Natural 20! (I never get these when they matter...)

Honey Queen gets a DC20 Notice check to detect The Scarab's telepathy.

Melinda Ailey's stats can be found in Iron Age: Villains & Vigilantes.

Mind Reading check to probe Melinda: 24.

Melinda's Will Save: 8. Her mind is an open book.

Melinda's Notice check: 18. She's none the wiser. (Whew!)

The Scarab's powers are both Mental and Subtle. No one else but the subjects gets a Notice check unless they have Mental Awareness, or another appropriate Super-Sense.

How does Scarab know Jack = Avenger?

Melinda Ailey's stats can be found in Iron Age: Villains & Vigilantes.

Is that the Melinda that Jack/Avenger is with?

Because if so, there're some problems. Mainly the part about the Refs not allowing anything/everything from the splatbooks to be included willy-nilly, we have to approve it. (I thought all the chars in that supplement were dead by now, anyway. This is one reason why the Refs ask to be let in on at least the basics of player-created adventures.)

Sorry. AA and I decided in chat that Jack and Elena came out to each other after TMIRR but before The Break-In. That's a scene we've been waiting to post until that story ends. The whole "Jack-isn't-human-or-even-alive" thing just became apparent in The Break-In, and Avenger and I am in the process of writing an interlude between that and the Low Places sequel that will get posted as soon as we're done.

As far as I know, yes, that's the Melinda that AA has been referring to. And no, nothing in the Iron Age books say that she's dead.

Sorry - I didn't realize that there was an issue with including canon NPCs, and obviously AA didn't either.

Sorry. AA and I decided in chat that Jack and Elena came out to each other after TMIRR but before The Break-In. That's a scene we've been waiting to post until that story ends. The whole "Jack-isn't-human-or-even-alive" thing just became apparent in The Break-In, and Avenger and I am in the process of writing an interlude between that and the Low Places sequel that will get posted as soon as we're done.

Ah, alrighty, that's cool. I look forward to reading that. :)

As far as I know, yes, that's the Melinda that AA has been referring to. And no, nothing in the Iron Age books say that she's dead.

Sorry - I didn't realize that there was an issue with including canon NPCs, and obviously AA didn't either.

Well, given that we're explicitly trying NOT to run an Iron Age game here, yes, those characters are particularly problematic. ;) (And, as I said, I thought all the chars from that .pdf were dead by now.)

Basically, if it's not from the core rulebook, ULTIMATE POWER, or the FREEDOM CITY campaign setting book, you need to ask Ref permission.

Basically, if it's not from the core rulebook, ULTIMATE POWER, or the FREEDOM CITY campaign setting book, you need to ask Ref permission.

Now we know. And knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!!!

Honest mistake. Sorry about that.

I was under the impression that, since Mind Reading works like a Concentration (Lasting) effect, that that first failed die roll gets me 10 questions worth of info before her next save to push me out of her head. Why don't you go ahead and list how much info you are and aren't comfortable with me getting, and I'll edit my post accordingly.

Didn't mean to step on your toes. I only rolled her saves for the sake of expediency, since I had her stats on hand and we didn't have an official GM.

Elena can't hope to beat that Fascinate check, even with a natural 20. So she does nothing but stare helplessly in awe at Melinda, until Melinda ends the effect. She gets a -4 to any Notice checks while Fascinated.

Elena's Bluff check: 3.

Melinda's base Sense Motive score is higher than that, so she easily picks up on the fact that Elena's fascination is "more than platonic."

SHÆN survived. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Bullderdash has left FCPBP for the time being, so this thread is officially orphaned. Which means that those of us participating in it, and anyone who wants to jump in, are free to do whatever we want with it.

On a more serious note: how does Elena feel about having her mind messed with? How much is she willing to risk her own secret identity to retaliate at this juncture? How much does she really trust Jack?

Similarly:

How much is Jack willing to risk to keep Melinda's attention off Elena? What services will Melinda demand from him if he does so? How much does he really trust Elena?

And also, we could get more people in here. :D

Oh, the drama!

Given his complications, I'd say that nabs Avenger a Hero Point.

Oddly, part of me is sad to see Melinda go. Largely because I had this bizarre image of her & Doc dancing in the ballroom, which somehow morphed into a swashbuckling swordfight. ;)

(Okay, now I really do have to do an adventure with Doc on Cap'n Kraken's space-ship....)