Low Places (OOC)

Combination All Out Attack and Power Attack on the King, swinging Sister Sixuts' magical staff like a bat.

1d20+10=27

Should be 28 toughness save plus any modifiers granted/imposed by the makeshift weapon.

Here's where I show my ignorance of the rules. I'm not sure how 'picking up' a dropped item is played or how far Hellbound must currently travel to get to the Red King. If he ends up needing to extend this action to his next turn then he will.

EDITED: Ah... wait. Is the Red King simply leaving? Going back to Hell and leaving the mortal realms behind? If so, I may have Hellbound go after Lugat instead. Though, honestly, attacking Scarab is likely to get his ass well and truly kicked without Hellbound's help.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a DC 25 TOU save from Hellbound, who deserves a Hero Point for the Necro-King shaking off his stun. (You couldn't beat his Grapple check even on a nat 20.) No Will save for the staff messing with you; it's just...creepy.

I should add at this juncture that Lugat is the Red King. The Necro-King is just a strange visitor from a horrible, horrible place.

Scarab, I believe you're up.

I need a DC 25 TOU save from Hellbound, who deserves a Hero Point for the Necro-King shaking off his stun. (You couldn't beat his Grapple check even on a nat 20.) No Will save for the staff messing with you; it's just...creepy.

I should add at this juncture that Lugat is the Red King. The Necro-King is just a strange visitor from a horrible, horrible place.

Ah, well, Necro-King then. If he was leaving our realms peacefully, Hellbound would have let him leave and focus on the guy actually sticking around to cause trouble.

1d20+10=28

Gotta try harder than that... now just to figure out how to not allow Hellbound to live up to his own name.

I'm not entirely sure that we should. It is, after all, a Complication of Hellbound's that he can be provoked into making unwise decisions where combat is concerned. Misunderstanding or not, it's actually in character.

Just so long as I didn't accidentally get him killed or drug off to an infernal dimension for all eternity I'm okay with him getting his ass kicked a bit by a demon lord.

Free Actions to maintain Flight, Force Field, and Light Control.

Standard Action to go on Full Defense. This gives The Scarab a +4 dodge bonus to her DEF. She has -1 DEF for being Fatigued. This brings her total DEF to +13 (DC23).

Move Action to intercept the Necro-King, standing between him and the portal to Hell.

Are we going to NPC Dark Star's action again this round? If so, Hellbound will start his next turn by using a free action to Rage and spending a hero point on Extra Effort to raise his Enhanced Strength by two ranks.

If I've done my math properly that should give Hellbound a +22 grapple check to escape the clutches of the Necro-King.

One more Hero Point will then be spent to counter the fatigue from his Extra Effort. I believe that leaves him with one HP left.

I'm getting ready to head out of town for the day -- I think it should be fairly obvious what kinds of decisions he'd make (hit things until they stop working... then throw them at other things), so go ahead and NPC his reactions until I return.

(psst....I'm still here. no NPCing me anymore)

Buying it hook, line and sinker! no chance to beat that bluff! (1d20=14)

So anti gravity on the elder and Bel (yes I know it won’t stop him from flying into hell, but DS has to ‘try’). ST 50 = 25.6k lbs shoot upwards to 50’ and not sure how falling works whne it ends. Even if it doesn’t hurt, it’ll buy the heroes a few moments while Elder resets.

Using an HP for a second action. Using another HP to make an AP off of array for Insubstantial 3: affect others and the various immunities for him (as DS has). Think that works. Comes out to be 33pts. If math is off, all I really care about is the insub ;)

Oh, cool -- sorry about that, Cy. 'Thought you were out for the weekend. Glad to see I was wrong :)

Man, I really want to get a reply in before I leave but I should probably wait to see the results of the Insub' grant. He may or may not go through with the Rage and Power Increase on his Enhanced Strength. He's a bit ticked at the Necro-King but I think it's actually sunk in that he's outmatched.

EDITED: Okay, decided that regardless of his escaping the clutches of the undead demon, Hellbound would have taken the time to assert his own identity. I tried to not reference his status on being desolid, being still in the grip of the Necro-King or whatever. Hopefully his response can be worked into the continuing storyline in my absence today.

He will still fire off the rage and pump his Enhanced Strength up by two more ranks. However, he'll either use that to get away from the demon or go after Lugat depending on how things work out. What he will NOT do is continue to assault the Neco-King if that guy is leaving our world peacefully.

The only caveat to those instructions depend on Necro K's actions. If Hellbound's foolish attack now has anyone in the group in trouble then he'll help them out. I didn't really mean to draw us into a fight we can't win, though. Hopefully the demon will return to hell as he'd been planning and we can refocus on the Red King instead.

Just in case a Grapple check is called for Hellbound, here it is:

1d20+22=42

Fragging A :P Get a nat 20 when odds are that Dark Star's insubstantial grant will get him out of harm's way without it? Ah, well...

I though the black arrow was for dragons?

And darn, the one guy I was really hoping to fool with Belphegor/Terhune's parting scene (Avenger, the one who should be most affected by hearing "this supernatural force in me made me do things I did not want to do, why should I be condemned to Hell for that?") made the Sense Motive check! Ah, well.

Then again, Avenger trying to convince Scarab -- and everyone else -- that the "poor innocent man" was lying could be fun.... :twisted: