Friday Night Poker

Leffa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of the interested:

Sammy Six Shooter (if Leffa comes back, this was his idea)

Nightrival (if he comes back, he was the first taker :P)

River Rat

Grimalkin

Atlas

Angel

Colt

Ironhide

Those definitely not interested:

Dr Archeville

The Scarab

Avenger

I'd rather see this as a social event than playing poker, but if we have rules, a GM not inon the story (or possibly the benefactor of this little event) could be the dealer, thus making this Texas Hold Em. Ideas? Suggestions?

So are we just gonna sort of handwave how we all found out about this, and just show up at the designated place and time? "Word on the street was that we had some heroes looking to lose some money, thought I'd show up." I think Grim is looking for some superhero buddies to hang out with since her break-up with Wesley, which I'm sort of using to explain my absence for the last few weeks.

I was going to have a benefactor send invitations for Texas Hold Em. The player would describe how the invitation got to their character. Each player would get 25000 house money with the winner walking away with their original stake. This would happen every Wednesday night. Up to six players anymore and we'd drag about too long. OOC, first come first serve. IC, invitations.

I would expect poker to be first, honestly.

Works for me. I'm still vague on how this all starts, though I could have Grim run into Colt at the carnival, and she's good friends with Monty. Who else knows each other? I think we need to do a hard list of who's in and who's out.

If it's a once a month game, we could call it "Upstairs at Monty's - October", or the like.

You think Colt or Grim could get a hold of River Rat? I don't know... he's pretty cagey what with the spending money like it's going out of style, wearing a silk suit made to look like playing cards and driving around in a dollar green limo... I don't think anyone would notice him! ;)