Power Check -- Malice (OOC)

Geez3r

Heh.

PART FIVE

Doom!

This stage will test Malice's ability to resist attacks, though it looks like one gigantic brawl with both sides taking damage.

You have three chances to overcome the DCs. Again, Extra Effort can be used at any time, and the effect will remain until the end of the Part. An HP can be spent at anytime, though it will be gone for the rest of the thread.

Each Part targets all four saves. Roll against the DCs in any order that you wish in a Part. So for each Part, you can get up to three chances to overcome each save DC (a total of 12 rolls max per Part, which means you could be rolling 48 times total).

None of the attacks are Penetrating (or, if they are, the rank of the attack is so high it didn't need Penetrating to get through).

The Toughness saves would obviously be against some Damaging effect. The Fort, Ref and Will can be any effect you determine: could be Dazzle, Emotion Control, Mind Control, Nauseate, Paralyze, Snare, Stun, Trip, and area or explosive effect, whatever.

Your condition will reset after each Part (a ranged Healing effect hits you instead of the intended heroic target), so that you are never at a negative when rolling (unless you want to be).

Part 1: DC 15 for Fort/Ref/Will, DC 20 for Toughness. (+5 effect)

Part 2: DC 20 for Fort/Ref/Will, DC 25 for Toughness. (+10 effect)

Part 3: DC 25 for Fort/Ref/Will, DC 30 for Toughness. (+15 effect)

Part 4: DC 30 for Fort/Ref/Will, DC 35 for Toughness. (+20 effect)

Heh.

From that alone I knew there would be trouble. But I seriously did not know how much.

None of the attacks are Penetrating (or, if they are, the rank of the attack is so high it didn't need Penetrating to get through).

So does this mean that I auto-pass the first Toughness save effect? It being Rank 5, and my Impervious being 8? If so, awesome, only 47 more rolls to go :o

Probably won't get this all up tonight.

Taking a few liberties with Malice's weaponry, but seeing as how we're in his base, after he just made a bunch of weapons and it bear no actual in game repercussions, I figured I'd have a bit of fun with the cinematics and give Malice any weapon that I think is cool. Especially because I won't be at this for very long. I can only beat stage 3 with Extra Effort on a Nat 20 :o

Remind me to put points into saves :D

Well, failed the Toughness Save portion, the Will save portion, and the Reflex save portion. Though in my defense, out of the 11 rolls, I only rolled above a 10 once, at that was a Natural 20. And I got 2 natural 1's. So yeah, Malice got his butt handed to him in that test.

Using 3 EE's I failed the Fort, Tough and Will saves. Didn't bother with additional rolls for Tough and Will because they are unbeatable without EE, and I wanted to attempt all of them at least once. Reflex was unbeatable even using EE and ignoring fatigue penalties, so I didn't even attempt it.