Trade-Offs:

Unspent PP:

Characters Name: Scarlet Jester

Alternate Identity: Sasha Kubric

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 125 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Description: Scarlet Jester wears a red and white checkerboard suit reminiscent of a medieval jester’s costume mixed with modern goth flare. Her scarlet hair is tied back away from her face, which is powdered white with bright red lips, eye makeup, with red diamonds painted on her cheeks.

History: Sasha grew up in a wandering circus of some repute, her father a clown and her mother a high-wire artist and tumbler, allowing her to learn the ways of both careers. As a young teen, she signed on to the act as a talented trapeze artist who quickly became renowned for her comedic shows. Her bright star came crashing to earth soon afterward when her parents were killed when a super-hero native to the city their circus was playing at crashed through the tent while engaged in combat with a super villain. The incident left her nearly dead, falling into a deep coma after hitting her head.

Sasha's body was later snatched from the hospital. Apparently, unknown to her, her body carried para human potential. The group that stole her body, began experimenting on her dna. Her mind getting filled with technical knowledge, her body getting strenthend to beyound human compacity, and her pysche getting strengthened to the point of total fearlessness.

Unfortunately her head injury, combined with a botched mind control attempted, shattered Sasha's sanity. becoming to mentally unstable to be effective, the scientists implemented a mind switch on her (suicide) on her and dumped onto the side of the road. But they never counted on her insanity growing to such a degree, that she actually over rode the suicidal desire, bending it to her own will. She still wants to die, but she is going to take every single 'super hero' down with her.

This hatred stems to a deep sub-councious scar, where she blames the heroes for the death of her parents. Crushed by the tragedy, Sasha returned to the city of the tragedy and began sending dark, threatening jokes to him via the local police. This anger continued to build within her until finally she snapped and ambushed the hero, killing him in a spectacular explosion detonated from within a giant Jack-in-the- Box she had created (thanks to her artificial training) and left along his patrol route to find. What little was left of Sasha’s morality and sanity died with that hero, leaving only Scarlet Jester.

Her actions made quite a national stir, bringing her into the attention of the Shadow Academy, where her artificial knowledge and skills were cultivated. Directing her Insanity in the form of a weapon, the Academy hopes to have what they consider a 'blue chip'.

Personality & Motivation: Scarlet Jester is not very interested in the traditional petty or grand crimes such as meager theft or global conquest. To her, “grand†is defined by the degree of showmanship and suffering her activities cause society. She considers herself an expert in the art of violence and comedic insanity, and the world is a stage just waiting for her to show her ultimate opus.

Totally insane, Scarlet Jester slides between moments of manic ranting, surprisingly sedate expositions, and sudden, angry outbursts usually marked with equally explosive violence. No matter how dangerous a situation is for herself or others (usually because of her), Scarlet Jester always has time for a quip and well-timed practical joke. She is especially fond of deadly slapstick.

Complications:

Insanity: Obvious, yet it can't be said enough. See, there's 'Insane', and then there's Scarlet Jester. The woman is off the map, to the point that often she can't even rationally explain why she does what she does. The only pattern her actions fall under, is that they come in a form of a joke and/or prank. She has no morality, no fear (which in her case is NOT a good thing, as she takes risks that put others in danger), no respect towards human life, and absolutely no respect for authority. The only reason she even tolerates the Shadow academy is because they are providing her a roof over her head ("the inmates are trying to inprison the Asylem. HA!").

Stats: 34pp

Str: 15 (+2)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 15 (+2)

Int: 16 (+3)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Combat: 30pp

Attack: +7 (+9 Melee)

Grapple: +11/+14

Defense: 18 (14 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1

Initiative: +8

Saves: 19pp

Toughness: +2/+3 (+2 Con, +1 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +9 (+2 Con, +7)

Reflex: +12 (+4 Dex, +8)

Will: +4 (+0 Wis, +4)

Skills: 136r = 34pp

Acrobatics 11 (+15)

Bluff 8 (+13)

Computers 1 (+4)

Craft: Artistic 6 (+9)

Craft: Chemical 8 (+11)

Craft: Electronic 6 (+9)

Craft: Mechanical 6 (+9)

Disable Device 2 (+5)

Escape Artist 8 (+12)

Know: Art 4 (+7)

Know: Popular Culture 8 (+11)

Notice 6 (+6)

Intimidate 15 (+20)

Perform: Acting 8 (+13)

Perform: Comedy 12 (+17)

Pilot 11 (+15)

Sleight of Hand 8 (+12)

Stealth 8 (+12)

Feats: 27pp

Attack Focus (Melee) 2,

Challenge-Conversatinal Paralysis,

Defensive Roll,

Distract (Bluff),

Elusive Target,

Evasion,

Fascinate (Bluff),

Favored Environment: Air,

Fearless,

Improved Inititive,

Inventor,

Startle,

Taunt,

Throwing Mastery 4,

Equipment 9

Powers: 6pp

Leaping 2 2pp

Speed 1 1pp

Super Strength 3 (Flaw: sustained) 3pp

Equipment 41ep

Paraphenelia:

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8, 20 pp):

Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area [General], Explosion) 15pp

(Max of 16 pp per AP)

AP: Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst) 15pp

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb (Nauseate 4; Ex: Area Burst, Ranged) 16pp

AP: Joke Blades (Strike 1; Feats: Thrown, Mighty) 3pp

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb [Variation] (Nullify 8 [Counters All Sensory Powers]; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Duration [concentration], Flaws: Sense Dependent [smell (the gas has to be breathed in)]) 16pp

Vehicle:

The Clipper:

STR: 20 (+5)

Toughness: +7

Defense: -1

Size: Large 1pp

Features: 4pp

Hidden Compartments,

Navigation System,

Remote Control,

Smokescreen

Powers: 19pp

-Flight 3 (50 mph) 6pp

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal) 10pp

DC Block (Note all thrown weapons benefit from a +4 DC bonus due to Throwing Mastery):

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Bozo Bombs 24 Bruising

Bozo Smoke Bomb DC Fort/Ref: 19 Dazzle

Bozo Goofy Gas Bomb DC Fort: 18 Nauseate

Goofy Gas Bomb Variation DC Fort: 22 Nullify

Bozo Bomb (Joke Blades) DC 21 Lethal

Joybuzzer DC Fort: 18 Stun

Machine Guns DC 20 Lethal

Unarmed Attack DC 17 Bruise

Costs: Abilities (34) + Combat (30) + Saves (19) + Skills (34) + Feats (27) + Powers (6) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

Stats: 34pp

Str: 15 (+2)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 15 (+2)

Int: 16 (+3)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 20 (+5)

Adds up.

Combat: 30pp

Attack: +7 (+9 Melee)

Grapple: +11/+14

Defense: 18 (14 flat-footed)

Knockback: -1

Initiative: +8

Adds up.

Saves: 19pp

Toughness: +2/+3 (+2 Con, +1 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +9 (+2 Con, +7)

Reflex: +12 (+4 Dex, +8)

Will: +9 (+0 Wis, +5 Cha [see feats], +4)

See feats, indeed.

format: skill X (+Y), where "X" = skill ranks and "Y" equals total modifier)

example: Knowledge (current events) 4 (+4)

Acrobatics 11 (+15)

Bluff 8 (+13)

Computers 1 (+4)

Craft: Artistic 6 (+9)

Craft: Chemical 8 (+11)

Craft: Electronic 6 (+9)

Craft: Mechanical 6 (+9)

Disable Device 2 (+5)

Escape Artist 8 (+12)

Know: Art 4 (+7)

Know: Popular Culture 8 (+11)

Notice 6 (+6)

Intimidate 15 (+20)

Perform: Acting 8 (+13)

Perform: Comedy 12 (+17)

Pilot 11 (+15)

Sleight of Hand 8 (+12)

Stealth 8 (+12)

Adds up.

Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Benefit (So insane, it adds to her willpower. Cha bonus added to her Will checks.), Challenge-Conversatinal Paralysis, Defensive Roll, Distract (Bluff), Elusive Target, Evasion, Fascinate (Bluff), Evasion, Fascinate (Bluff), Favored Environment: Air, Fearless, Improved Inititive, Inventor, Startle, Taunt, Throwing Mastery 4, Equipment 9

This is 30 feats. We're not going with the Benefit.

Leaping 2

Speed 1

Super Strength 3 (Flaw: sustained)

Adds up.

Equipment 41ep

Paraphenelia:

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8):

-Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area, Explosion)

-Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst)

-Goofy Gas Bomb (Nauseate 4; Ex: Area Burst, Ranged)

-Joke Blades (Strike 1; Feats: Thrown, Mighty)

-Goofy Gas Bomb [Variation] (Nullify 8 [Counters All Sensory Powers]; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Duration [concentration], Flaws: Sense Dependent [smell (the gas has to be breathed in)]

Vehicle:

The Clipper:

-Flight 3 (50 mph)

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal, Minimum Range)

Your array seems to be at 20 points base, not 8. Your Nullify is 24 points, unless it is your base power, it is over. In fact, what is your base power and which are the APs? Please note The Clipper's Toughness, Size, and Defense. A good way to format it would be:
Name (0 ep)

Size: , Strength: , Speed: , Defence: , Toughness:

Features:

Powers:

DC Block (Note all thrown weapons benefit from a +4 DC bonus due to Throwing Mastery):

Bozo Bombs 24 Bruising

Mighty would only add one to your Strength damage for Jokeblades, as the Mighty with Thrown take Strength bonus equal to your Damage ranks or your Mighty ranks, which ever is higher.

format: skill X (+Y), where "X" = skill ranks and "Y" equals total modifier)

example: Knowledge (current events) 4 (+4)

The Format section can be removed.

Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Challenge-Conversatinal Paralysis, Defensive Roll, Distract (Bluff), Elusive Target, Evasion, Fascinate (Bluff), Favored Environment: Air, Fearless, Improved Inititive, Inventor, Startle, Taunt, Throwing Mastery 4, Equipment 9

Please list your feats long way, it helps reading and editting late.

Leaping 2

Speed 1

Super Strength 3 (Flaw: sustained)

Please put the pp cost next to the powers. Again, it helps with editting later.

Equipment 41ep

Paraphenelia:

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8):

Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area, Explosion)

AP: Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst)

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb (Nauseate 4; Ex: Area Burst, Ranged)

AP: Joke Blades (Strike 1; Feats: Thrown, Mighty)

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb [Variation] (Nullify 8 [Counters All Sensory Powers]; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Duration [concentration], Flaws: Sense Dependent [smell (the gas has to be breathed in)]

Okay your Weapon Array looks wrong.

Array 8 gives you 16pps to play with in powers.

Mian power must have at most 16pps worth. Bozo bombs [blast 5; Extras:Area(targeted? general? Explosion) is 3pp/rank at rank 5 that's 15. That leaves you with 1pp for an AP yet you have 4 APs.

Your Goofy Gas Bombs are priced incorrectly. Nullify all sensory powers costs 2pps/rank. Add on two extras and one flaw brings the total to 3pps/rank. To get to Nullify 8, you need 24pps. You only have a total of 16pps from the array.

Please list the cost of each weapon in the array as well, so that it becomes easier to see where your points went.

Vehicle:

The Clipper:

Size: Large

Features: Hidden Compartments, Navigation System, Remote Control, Smokescreen

Powers:

-Flight 3 (50 mph)

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal, Minimum Range)

Again, please total pps spent on the vehicle as well.

Bozo Bombs 24 Bruising

Due to the problems with the weapon Array, you're going to need adjust the attack block.

Costs: Abilities (34) + Combat (30) + Saves (19) + Skills (34) + Feats (27) + Powers (6) - Drawbacks (00) = 150

Edited for the most part.

Nullify checks out. One of the extras (Additional Save) doesn't cost. Sense Dependent Flaw cancels out the other Extra. That makes the Nullify 16 pp (within the 16 pp limit.)

On that Subject, I always thought Array was a variable where I'm able to mold the pp's into other 'settings'. In this case, Array 8 gives me 16 pp's to mold. Those settings are the weapons that Scarlet carry (With her main weapon being the exploding Bozo Bombs)

I'm going to need an explanation here, as Ultimate Power on page 108 sounded that way. Did I misinterpret?

Edited for the most part.

Nullify checks out. One of the extras (Additional Save) doesn't cost. Sense Dependent Flaw cancels out the other Extra. That makes the Nullify 16 pp (within the 16 pp limit.)

That is correct. My mistake. Sorry.

On that Subject, I always thought Array was a variable where I'm able to mold the pp's into other 'settings'. In this case, Array 8 gives me 16 pp's to mold. Those settings are the weapons that Scarlet carry (With her main weapon being the exploding Bozo Bombs)

I'm going to need an explanation here, as Ultimate Power on page 108 sounded that way. Did I misinterpret?

You are half correct here. For each setting you still need to buy the Alternate Power feat. Which is 1pp per AP. So you can lower your base Blast to rank 4, which then leaves you with 4pps that can go towards the 4 other settings. The problem with this method is that your APs can not use the 4pps for the Alternate power feats. So you would also need to drop all your AP power ranks as well to a max of 12pps. The other option is to keep the array at rnak 8 (16pps to play with) and find 4pps somewhere else to add onto it. That raises the cost of your Array to 20pps.

I'm in the midst of editting and I'm using Hero Lab as support. Thing is... when I enter my Equipment, it has the weapons array 21 pps (like you said).

The problem is that it all calculates to 150 out of 150 with no errors.

Now I do trust you, as I'm currently editing using the first method you suggested, but this is going to actually 'free up' 4 unused pp rather then use them. I'm very confused to say the least. >>;

I got it!

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8): ((<===The problem was here. I never listed the overall cost. Array 8 equals 16 pp cost. Add 5 PPs for Five Alternates and it becomes 21 points. This converts into 21 ep which, along with the Clipper at 24 ep, factors into Equipment 9 in feats.))

Default :Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area [General], Explosion) 15pp

(Max of 16 pp per AP)

AP: Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst) 10pp

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb [Variation] (Nullify 8 [Counters All Sensory Powers]; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Duration [concentration], Flaws: Sense Dependent [smell (the gas has to be breathed in)]) 16pp (one of the extras, Alternate save, doesn't cost. So in essence I'm only paying for one extra and that is cancelled out by the flaw)

I got it!

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8): ((<===The problem was here. I never listed the overall cost. Array 8 equals 16 pp cost. Add 5 PPs for Five Alternates and it becomes 21 points. This converts into 21 ep which, along with the Clipper at 24 ep, factors into Equipment 9 in feats.))

Default :Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area [General], Explosion) 15pp

(Max of 16 pp per AP)

AP: Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst) 10pp

AP: Goofy Gas Bomb [Variation] (Nullify 8 [Counters All Sensory Powers]; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude], Duration [concentration], Flaws: Sense Dependent [smell (the gas has to be breathed in)]) 16pp (one of the extras, Alternate save, doesn't cost. So in essence I'm only paying for one extra and that is cancelled out by the flaw)

Actually you have 4 Aps not 5. The default is a freebie.

Attack Focus (Melee) 2,

Challenge-Conversatinal Paralysis,

Defensive Roll,

Distract (Bluff),

Elusive Target,

Evasion,

Fascinate (Bluff),

Favored Environment: Air,

Fearless,

Improved Inititive,

Inventor,

Startle,

Taunt,

Throwing Mastery 4,

Equipment 9

I missed this earlier. Where did you get the Challenge-Conversatinal Paralysis feat from? Is that in the Mastermind book?

Also, equipment gives 5eps per rank. At 9ranks, that gives you 45eps. Below you listed only 41eps by your equipment.

Equipment 41ep

Paraphenelia:

Weapon Arsenal (Array 8, 20 pp):

Bozo Bombs (Blast 5; Ex: Area [General], Explosion) 15pp

(Max of 16 pp per AP)

AP: Bozo Smoke Bomb (Dazzle 5 [one sense type: Visual]; Ex: Area, Burst) 15pp

You can dump the build info on your Goofy Gas Bomb, though it did help when looking over it. :D

You have a problem with your Joke Blades AP though. If I understand what you want, it would be the bomb that shoots out blades instead of normal damage of the Bozo Bombs, right? If so, then you need to make soem adjustments to get the DC up to 22 as you have listed below in teh DC block. Right now, it is a DC 18 (strike 1 + str +2= +3 on the DC)

Buy up the Strike to 8 and with your str, you'll have a capped damage attack (+10 on the DC for a +25 DC.) You still have plenty of pts to buy up the Strike and if you would prefer to have a DC 21 on the joke blades, simply buy up your joke blade strike to 5. So your options are thus.

AP: Joke Blades (Strike 8; Feats: Thrown, Mighty) 10pp DC 25/Toughness

or

AP: Joke Blades (Strike 4; Feats: Thrown, Mighty) 7pp DC 21/Toughness

Vehicle:

The Clipper:

Size: Large 1pp

Features: 4pp

Hidden Compartments,

Navigation System,

Remote Control,

Smokescreen

Powers: 19pp

-Flight 3 (50 mph) 6pp

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal, Minimum Range) 13pp

Okay, let's look at the vehicle. As it seems you've got from 20 up to 25eps invested in it.

Str 2eps + Toughness 2eps +Size 1ep+ Speed 6eps+ Features 4+ Weapons 5 or 10eps.

How did you come up with the Machine Guns costing you 13pps? Where did you get the Minimum Range flaw? It doesn't look like you included it in the cost.

I see the machine guns as looking like this:

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal, Minimum Range) 5ep

or

-Machine Guns (Blast 5; Ex: Auto Fire Drawbacks: Lethal) 10ep

Bozo Bombs 24 Bruising

I think that's everything though. Be careful with those eps. YOur bombs are eating up 20 of your 45 eps. The vehicle looks to be using 20 or 25eps. Once you make your choice about the joke blades and vehicle, I'll give it another look through to make sure I've caught everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made one minor edit and that's to machine gun (I went with the 10 pp build.

With the Blades, you forgot to factor in Throwing Mastery 4 (The strike 1 has the 'Thrown' extra to it)

So that's 2 (strength) + 1 (strike) + 4 (Mastery) which equals the 22 DC.

If I calculated that wrong, let me know.

• 1 month later...

I made one minor edit and that's to machine gun (I went with the 10 pp build.

With the Blades, you forgot to factor in Throwing Mastery 4 (The strike 1 has the 'Thrown' extra to it)

So that's 2 (strength) + 1 (strike) + 4 (Mastery) which equals the 22 DC.

If I calculated that wrong, let me know.

Okay. Let's work on the Blade bomb as that seems to be the biggest problem.

Strike (1)+ Mighty thrown (which is limited by the rank. so you can't get your full str with one rank. check pg 38 of UP for details. The Mastery does add +4 to damage, though.) So you're looking at 1+1+4 for a total of +6. A +21 DC.

• 2 weeks later...