corrosion autofire

if you put autofire on the corrosion power, does it apply to both the fort save and the toughness dc? or does it apply to only one of them? also if you power attack with this power does the bonus apply to both saves or to just one? if you crit does it apply to both saves or just one?

i was under the impression that if any effects boosted the power of corrosion it boosted both saves since both drain and strike are bonded together under the corrosion power.

anyone know the answer?

I'd say it should only apply to one part, since Corrosion is Strike + Linked Affects Objects Drain Toughness (or Affects Objects Drain Toughness + Linked Strike). If you want Autofire to apply to both parts, you'd need to pay for it for both parts. (Which is why Disintegrate costs 2pp/rank more than Corrosion, you're buying Ranged for both the Strike and the Drain effect.)

Power attacks and crits.... I'd say you choose one part or the other.

Boost would either

A) increase the power as a whole, meaning if you only get 2pp worth of boost, it doesn't actually do anything since the cost is 3pp/rank, or

B) increase the parts one at a time, starting with Strike. So if you get 1pp from a Boost, it bumps the Strike part up by 1 rank, but does nothing to the Drain. If you get 2pp from a Boost, it bumps the Strike part up by 1 rank, but still does nothing to the Drain. If you get 3pp of Boost, it bumps up both so the entire power goes up by 1 rank. If you get 4pp of Boost, it bumps up both so the entire power goes up by 1 rank and then bumps the Strike up by one more rank.