All girl super team

An idea which came up in the chat box, the idea would be something like a good version of the Clique. Figured it couldnt hurt to have a place to hammer out how to get the idea to work, plot plots and such.

What we have so far

Honey queen (pending approval) will be traveling in her limo when it breaks down outside Moira's pub. The two meet, form the beginnings of a friendship, afterwhich Honey invites moria on a shopping outing. Several hijinx and such later, the idea for a super girls club could come up.

And thats it so far.

If you want to have a somewhat action-ey start, you could have a villain capturing heroines for some sort of nefarious plot.

Campy:Insane women's-rights activist is brainwashing heroines to overthrow their male oppressors(I.E. the government) and who better to lead them than said activist?

Creepy:A 'collector' style villain is capturing heroines with a plan to turn them into statues to keep them in 'mint condition' forever!

Stolen:What makes more money than illegal underground superfights? Illegal underground superfights consisting of scantily clad women.

Are there enough heroines here to really make up a team?

Or, rather, are there enough heroines here with the personalities required to form a super-team?

Divine -- PL 10 Gold Brick

Lullaby -- PL 7... Quasi-Mystic

Mercy -- PL 6 Costumed Adventurer w/ a few tricks

Mongrel Angel -- PL 6 Quasi-Demoness

Scarab II -- PL 11 Uber-Psychic

Stalker -- PL 10 Shadow o' Doom

Tarantula -- PL 10 Spider-Gal

Topaz -- PL 10 Brick w/ a few tricks

Velocity -- PL 12 Speedster

Are there enough heroines here to really make up a team?

Or, rather, are there enough heroines here with the personalities required to form a super-team?

Divine -- PL 10 Gold Brick

Lullaby -- PL 7... Quasi-Mystic

Mercy -- PL 6 Costumed Adventurer w/ a few tricks

Mongrel Angel -- PL 6 Quasi-Demoness

Scarab II -- PL 11 Uber-Psychic

Stalker -- PL 10 Shadow o' Doom

Tarantula -- PL 10 Spider-Gal

Topaz -- PL 10 Brick w/ a few tricks

Velocity -- PL 12 Speedster

"Uber-Psychic." I like the sound of that.

What do you mean by "Gold Brick?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am reviving this topic, especially since Thevshi popped in to say she might be interested in coming back. it sounds like Nightrival might have moved on without my character (as well he should have), and Grim does like teaming up with other heroes. Who's still up for it?

It didn't sound like he'd "moved on" here.

Well in that very post he says, "I should point out that Nightrival is in a different place now. Though he still wonders about Grim, he has moved on." I think he means he changed his plans accordingly after Grim disappeared, not because he didn't care or anything, but because he is a soldier fighting a war, and he just changed tactics since the battle continues. The investigation mentioned later shows that the loss of Grim was not dismissed as insignificant.

But now I'm splitting hairs for no reason, just doing the silly gamer thing of quibbling over small stuff; please forgive my knee-jerk 'I must be right!' reaction :bow:

That having been said, I don't see a reason Grim can't pull double-duty. Divine already would be.

This is of course very true; however, I am going to make a conscious effort not to get involved into too many storylines at the same time, since spreading myself too thin is part of what caused me to leave last time. Still, partnership in two groups might be doable, so I won't try and rule anything out.

I like the idea of teaming Grim up with 'lighter' heroes like Divine and Velocity due to the nice tonal contrast, but she doesn't have to be like the 'token Goth' or anything.

Sounds like you've got a core 3 with a possible 4th. That's pretty much the minimum necessary to start a super-team.

That's how the Legion of Super-Heroes started out. And the Birds of Prey. And the Fantastic 4.

So there ya go. You're all set. Have fun.

Most already know but I'm putting it in writing here, Yuki's in. Need an IC reason on how she joins up though.

I think we all do! :D

It might take a bit of time to build, but once at least two team up, they can either let it be known they are looking for more, or others can seek them out. I'm sure we can think of other ideas, too.

• 2 weeks later...