Save the Citizen(s) -- OOC

Hellbound

How are things going on here? I saw Hellhound's worries that his character is taking a back seat to the action. If there is a scene or two that needs an "outside hand" to help move things along, let me know. So far it looks like everything is under control, but I've subscribed to the OOC thread now, so if you come to a point that needs a Ref, let me know.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw -- that's fine. I'll go ahead and run things for right now. Eventually we'll get into some combat, though, and I'll be needing a hand with the rules if nothing else. As far as Hellbound stepping into the background, that's just because I'm uncomfortable with GM controlled chars being active PCs. It's always too easy for them to come up with the right answer at the right time since, of course, they're being ran by the same person driving the threats.

Naw -- that's fine. I'll go ahead and run things for right now. Eventually we'll get into some combat, though, and I'll be needing a hand with the rules if nothing else. As far as Hellbound stepping into the background, that's just because I'm uncomfortable with GM controlled chars being active PCs. It's always too easy for them to come up with the right answer at the right time since, of course, they're being ran by the same person driving the threats.

Understood. I feel the same as can easily be seen with the lack of threads with Ghost and other people in it. :D

When you're ready for a hand, let me know.

Arrowhawk extra efforts himself up a Fire Extinguisher Arrow! Nullify Fire Descriptor 4 (Extras: Area - Explosion).

How effective would these be? After all, fire prevention systems for HQs are based on Nullify 5 so I reckon it shouldn't damp in completely, but at least bring the inferno down a bit.

A small continuity snag has come up.

The Scarab has interacted with DarkStar as if they've worked together before (in The Break-In), and with Hellbound as if they just met. And they're about to meet up in Low Places, the direct sequel to The Break-In which, like its predecessor, takes place in February '09. Whereas this thread takes place in March '09.

A simple solution that would fix this continuity snag, while not creating any new ones, would be to move this thread back a month in the timeline, so that it takes place directly in between The Break-In and Low Places. There's some wiggle-room between those two stories.

Anyone have any objections?

No problems here with shifting the timeline.

As an aside -- with some of the other threads I'm getting into along with a couple of Divine related storylines that are coming back with Moira's much anticipated return, I've been talking to MBCE about taking over the narration of this one. If he does, then Hellbound will most likely take on a more active (and less oblivious), role in saving lives here.

Which is cool by me. I never like seeing my guys act like total numbnuts :cool:

Dark Star and Dino.

I need a notice check DC 20 to see how many people fell in after that last explosion.

I also need another notice Check DC 15 from Dark Star.

There are about 4 four large groups of people left on the main deck for Dark Star to remove to the Bridge.

Arrowhawk and Sammy

I need an acrobatics check DC 15. Failure means you hit the walls and must make a DC 20 toughness save.

Arrowhawk's arrow had dampened the flames in the corridor enough to allow the heroes to continue. Reflex DC 10 to avoid fire damage.

Two people are knocked out and will need assistance to reach the main deck. The remaining three can easily help one, but are unable to help both.

Scarab

I need a TK power check from Scarab DC 25. Failure indicates that the men break their gripe on each other, causing the "one object" clause to break and sending them plunging into the water below. There are ten people in the group all with various wounds from the explosion. Success on the roll means she is able to keep them linked and bring them to the surface.

Hellbound

I need an acrobatics check DC 20. Failure means he falls prone.

Also, need a Fortitude save DC 15. Auditory dazzle effect.

I hope the newest post was worth the wait! :D

Again sorry for slowing you guys down. I'll try to keep up but juggling a number of threads at the moment. Will do my best. :super:

Some Notice checks... (1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=8)

So made the first and not the second. Actually, rolled a 1 for the second....

Can I get the groups together and lift them all at once? Or multiple groups anyway at one time?

And no worries! GMs are busy!

I group is about the maximum of your present power setting. To do more than your maximum number, i.e. 2 groups at once, you'll have to find some way to increase your power.

Dark Star notes that about six people fell into the icy waters below. If they aren'T pulled out soon, they could suffer damage from teh cold weather.

She manages to keep them together and is able to move them through the water safely.

That's when the thrid explosion rocked the ship. The force and loudness of the blast caught everyone by surprise, causing the ten men to break their hand hold upon each other.

I'm confused. Did The Scarab manage to get them out of the ship and into the water, then lose her grip on them when the explosion went off?